[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nerdy open carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
File: opencarry.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
opencarry.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
So,

My GF says open carry is nerdy.
Is she right?
>>
>letting a woman influence your opinions on gun related matters
>>
>>30470983
Are you two on your date at Applebees?
>>
>>30470983
>carrying a firearm has something to do with fashion

you are the kind of person that will get guns confiscated one day
>>
Nerdy is cool if you're really Chad pretending.
>>
>>30470983
The guy in your pic needs to do some sprints or something. Jesus.
>>
>>30471014
Actually, Texas Roadhouse
>>
File: Texas_Armed_Trump_Rally.jpg (161 KB, 970x722) Image search: [Google]
Texas_Armed_Trump_Rally.jpg
161 KB, 970x722
Nah. It reminds liberals to not start shit.
>>
>>30471041
Do young chads really carry? I feel like it's not a "chad" thing.
>>
File: linoge_C96_kit_4584.jpg (999 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
linoge_C96_kit_4584.jpg
999 KB, 1600x1067
Depends on what you're carrying.
>>
File: 1460601794840.jpg (194 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1460601794840.jpg
194 KB, 1032x774
>>30471068
>>
>>30471068
S & W 422
>>
>>30470983
I call it concele and scary. I open carry so people know they are safe with me in the room
>>
>>30471055
When and where was this in Texas? And was it before the festivities in San Jose or afterwards?
>>
>>30470983
Yup.
>>
>>30471065
Lol I'm 18 & OC. Can't get my CHP yet so it's the only option I have.

The thing to realize with OCing is that you are the face for gun owners when you go out armed. Don't look like a faggot whether it be gym shorts and a dirty wife beater while you're Mexican carrying, or like a 5.11 catalog with your cargos, moabs, and a drop leg. You're just another person going about their daily life with a visible gun on you. Dont act like a faggot either, don't go into posted places with the "I dare someone to say something to me" mentality. You'll just look like a shithead and that stigma will be given to all gun owners (or atleast all OCers) in some peoples minds. Overly friendly to no one, polite to all.

Tl;dr look and act like a normal fucking person, not an MS13 banger/basement dweller nor a HSLD tier one operator.
>>
>>30470983
How do you even draw that?

It might just be the angle of the photo, but it looks like you would need to invert your hand even grip it properly, let alone draw it.

'Smart carry', cross draw (left hip), and vertical frame in that same right hip position seem ideal to me, when you can't chest holster.
>>
>>30470983
>he fucks girls

lmao fag
>>
>>30471085
>Gee Thomas, why does your mom let you have TWO mausers?
>>
>>30471103
Dallas Trump rally a few weeks ago.
>>
>>30471068
not even mad
>actually impressed
>>
>>30470983
What is the point of open carry

Why do you want to lose the element of surprise
>>
>>30471068
>Carrying a C96

Balls of steel. I wouldn't do it because I don't want a face full of mauser bolt.
>>
>>30473739
In my life seen two open carriers. One who was wearing too little clothing to cc and one who was old as fuck.
>>
>>30473798
To me it mostly just looks like an excuse for people to run around going, "I'm a real cowboy now."

OC is the least tactical decision you can make, makes people unnecessarily uneasy, and makes you a target.
>>
>>30473798
Ive only seen one open carrier.
It was some guy in walmart before open carry was even legal in my state.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 454x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 454x549
>>30471575
>man
>Has sex with women
>is gay
>>
>>30471051
I was just there tonight. 16 oz Ft worth is the shit
>>
File: 1364601848576.gif (1 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1364601848576.gif
1 MB, 256x256
>>30474038
you must be new here.
>>
>>30474038
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>30470983
>default plastic holster
>no retention
>OC
Dickwad
>>
>>30471051
Welcome to Texas roadhouse famous for hand cut steaks fall off the bone ribs ice cold beers and LEGENDARY margaritas all our sides and salads are made from scratch and unlimited fresh baked bread every 5 minutes.
>>
>>30473842
agreed. conceal carry here.
>>
Is there any objective pro to open carrying rather than concealing?
Literally the only thing I can think of it's a way for those who don't/can't into a conceal permit to still be able to carry a gun on their person at cost of discretion.

I've seen three OCers in the last five years
>inna walmart
>wife beater wearing bubba with trash wife with outrageous tooth-to-gum ratio and a young son wearing a 90's nickelodeon game show set as an outfit
>BFR in shitty nylon drop leg airsoft holster, hammer cocked
>Teens compliment him, bubba brags about it being a sw 500

>work inna suit store
>guy comes in OCing 1911 in serpa holster
>I'm the only employee who isn't a lib standing in a puddle of piss
>help the guy without either of us mentioning it because I couldn't care less
>he asks if there's a way to tailor jackets to hide 3 o clock printing
>recommend iwb carry instead since it'll hug closer to the body and have less printing without having to fuck up your clothes
>says he'll look into it, never saw him or at least recognized him again

>be last year
>inna walmart next to marine recruitment office
>one guy who was standing 'guard' slung his ar across his back and was buying deli sandwiches
>>
>>30470983
I think its more that you dress and probably look like a huge nerd, not that the gun does that.

Take the hint: start working out
>>
>>30475556
Open carry laws are important to have so you don't get your ass blown out by some panic caller for moving a rifle to your car across the street, being just on the wrong side of some property line coming back from hunting, walking to/from a gun show, making a private sale in a public lot, accidentally printing or having a marylin monroe moment where your skirt gets blown up revealing your LCP garter carry, etc etc.

OC laws protect gun owners, even those who prefer concealed carry. It's not an either/or. Believe me, you want both.
>>
>>30475616
>Open carry laws are important to have so you don't get your ass blown out by some panic caller for moving a rifle to your car across the street, being just on the wrong side of some property line coming back from hunting, walking to/from a gun show, making a private sale in a public lot, accidentally printing or having a marylin monroe moment where your skirt gets blown up revealing your LCP garter carry, etc etc.

But all those revolve around the gun being originally concealed or kept out of extended view. I'm saying why would someone opt to keep a pistol in the open versus hiding it
>>
>>30475656

Oh you mean as like a daily carry around type of thing? Yeah the only reasons I can think of are can't get a carry permit, the gun they want to carry is too uncomfortable or impossible to conceal, or attention whoring.

The only time I've seen a couple guys open carrying handguns in a store they looked like they had just gotten back from camping. I've done it too. Nobody noticed or if they did they didn't care enough to say anything.
>>
>>30470983
What do you guys think of the astra .380?
Is this any good for a concealed carry?
It feels nice in my hand, im just wondering if it is accurate, reliable, worthy etc...
>>
>>30475556
Faster draw and less chance of it getting caught on your shirt. I OC sometimes when I do things like go out to National Forest land to shoot or camp on my way there and back because I usually have other guns in the car. Never had anyone bat an eye going into gas stations or McDonald's and shit. Then again I do live in Colorado.
>>
>>30474127
is that hickok leading the charge
>>
I OC when hunting or camping, but the second I reenter normal society that shit goes back in my pants. Think of it like a huge monster penis, there are a very few select circumstances where displaying it out in public is acceptable, but not often.
>>
>>30476218
Even in the most anti area. I think we shoudl be able to open carry some single actions, levers, coach, buffalo guns, muskets.
Never know when youre gonna get scalped by a tribe that just got told the white man had big medicine and riles them up.
>>
>>30470983
2016 still using nerdy. 2016 letting your gf talk.
>>
>>30476069
This. I OC when I'm innawoods or other non-city areas.
>>
>>30471068
>Would carry to formal event/10
>>
>>30476218
> Le gun equals penis meme
>>
>>30470983
You guna let her decide what sort of under wear you put on as well ?

*Women will are not the safekeepers of society , she will try to shame you to make you conform.
>>
>>30473739
open carry is the "early and often" doctrine for deterrence.

CCers have this myth about the "element of surprise" that isn't backed by any data. not because we have lots of AARs to read and they don't support CC, but instead because we simply don't have really any data for comparing concealed/open at all. so, if nobody open carries, then there will never be a valid conclusion to make about the element of surprise or anything else. thus, first and foremost, i open carry for YOUR benefit.

second, you're now the fudds of carrying, and when you avail to unsupported arguments like that one, you sound like it, too. i prefer you and antigunners both to have the wrong impression of me and to take the abuse quietly, than to be this new type of fudd.

there are already several anecdotes about 2-3 armed people going into a restaurant to commit a crime, seeing an open carrier, and running before asking him "gosh, are you a cop?" the appeal is obvious. all the OCer had to be doing is looking at the front door as they rush their way in. he does not have to pick them out of a crowd, but to get the drop on him, they have to spot him. do you think going around totally unaware while CCing is a good idea? you don't, right? you know the cooper color codes, right? you're in condition yellow as often as you can be when you have a handgun on you, no matter how it is carried, right?

why are you increasing your draw time while conferring a benefit only once you've already lost the initiative? you've had time to process the situation and now using the "element of surprise" is potentially murder. the longer you wait to do something, if you ultimately shoot, the harder your case is to make. most criminals are not organized teams of bankrobbers like in heat. they're opportunists, and OC clearly indicates that there isn't any, they prey on the weak, and CC is a feign of weakness.
>>
>>30476475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWeyUTBkTss
>>
>>30476510
Okay, enjoy your getting harassed by some righteous soccer mom.

I'll be over here quietly laughing at you as the cops show up to inconvenience you. Even if they let you go, you'll still be tied up for a bit as I stroll on by with my CC.
>>
>>30476510
CCers have spent years, with us OCers, arguing antigunners about how having a gun is a deterrent to crime, decreases the number of dead in a mass shooting, etc. and all of this is predicated on actually drawing the gun and presenting it, of course.

you're literally trying to tell me that a gun is a deterrent to crime once its out and in your hand, as a CCer, but that while it is out and in my holster it has lost its deterrence factor, and that i have to cover the whole thing up with a hoodie or a coat for it to get it back. this is a lot like magic thinking.

you're also telling me a handgun in a holster that's visible is the equivalent of a "gun free zone" sign, both make the people targets. do you realize how insane you sound yet?

all this whimpering is ultimately about gunowner image. well, since i'm the one whose been open carrying and you're not, let me tell you how people react, what people think who are just "randomly selected" by nature of walking by me in the afternoons when i leave the office to get some exercise: very well.

the "average" person surprises you with support, and exactly the type of faggot who doesn't like guns makes themselves known by staring from a distance, jimmies rustled. some of them are grown ass men who can't even look you in the eye as you walk by each other, because they're fixated on staring at the gun. plenty of girls smile, wanting to be chatted up. homeless/blacks holler out. they'll talk about the wild west, or what i do for a living, or about what's a good gun to have. but those are only about 10% of the public, because i'd say _90% don't even notice_ a full size p320 on the hip of a guy in a white t-shirt and plain khakis.

data collected by randomly selected paths through deep ellum at random midday hours, every weekday going outside is feasible, jan 1st through today. okay, now show me yours.
>>
>>30476510
Being from the civilized world I find it amazing that it's normal to carry a gun around just in case somebody else has a gun.

It's not the wild fucking west. Oh wait, yes it is.
>>
>>30476550
interesting that the myth is always about "soccer moms." you guys sure hate shannon watts for what she did to you.

in 2010 i was at the first OC rally, "restore the constitution." it was the first time threepers got together for a purposeful rally. there were 100 or so of us in gravelly point park, right across the river from DC, loaded rifles on our backs and loaded pistols on our hips. the counterprotestor "moms" totaled.... 3.

how many do you really think you're going to run into? one time, the walmart manager asked to see my ID because "some customers were concerned." i was inconvenienced for a whole two seconds. holy shit, i had to talk to someone! i'm just realizing now. maybe i have PTSD from human interaction.

take off the camo, shave or trim your beard, and be the change you want to see in the world.

and what kind of man cares what a fucking breeder thinks? point of fact, why do we as a nation even let them vote?
>>
>>30476558
lol
see >>30476557
>they'll talk about the wild west,
that's my favorite. i brought it up because niggers believe the stories. historians have long since discarded the term, because there simply wasn't one. its now called the "american old west," or the american frontier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_frontier

it's all fiction. it's as fake as the dull terror in your head that keeps you from supporting open carry, much less doing it yourself.

i take five minutes out of my day to educate anyone on the street who brings the subject up. did you know, for instance, that during the whole 90-year period there were only about ten bank robberies west of the mississippi? did you know almost all those stories about battles with indians that "gunslingers" told were from dime novels?

the "wild west" is literally pop culture that birthed itself in the minds of yankee walter mitty's who read that trash -- and somehow still hasn't died. it would be like someone 100 years from now reading "twilight" and believing in vampires.
>>
>>30471068
That belt is nerdy af.
>>
>>30473739
People perform Open Carry to normalize or accept it -- just like fags
>>
>>30470983
Yes
>>
>>30477131
No they don't, they get soccer moms to write their legislators and get OC banned

See Cali, Massachusetts
>>
>>30476510
wouldnt open carry
you get harassed
you will be the first to get shot if something happens
>>
>>30477161
>Massachusetts
OC is legal in Mass with a LTC. Now, even though the law allows it, you WILL get the cops called on you and you will get harrassed by police and even arrested for breach of peace.
>>
OCing is nerdy because its openly showing off your unpopular hobby
>>
>>30470983
such a nerd xDD :D
>>
>>30470983
Absolutely. I agree with your wench, I also don't like hanging out with edgy5 nerds
>>
A right not excercized is a right lost. Every time I see soneone ocing I congratulate and say thanks to him.

People like that are the reason we still have that right. But yeah, leave it to mall ninja central a.k.a. as /k/ to belittle them and complain about "muh tacticool bad decision".
>>
Unless you are doing it as a statement, or because you are unable to obtain a CCL for whatever reason, she's right t.b.h.
That does not mean you should listen to women though.
>>
>>30479165
>unpopular
This is what they want you to believe comrade.
>>
>>30479220

le funny forced muhsojiny
>>
>>30471007
>letting a women influence your opinions
Nuclear families are the shit, everyone knows thier place.

>getting my gun license
>mom all but there's chilluns in the house
>dad ignores her and gives me a reference
>mom also a reference, even though she doesn't like it but can't talk back to dad.
>>
>>30479238
Women think with their emotions. This is a fact, it's not misogyny. It's not necessarily bad either, just something we ought to keep from influencing other people's lives, even if that means taking away women's right to vote.
>>
>>30476510
This is new and exciting bait. 4/10
>>
>>30470983
OC does not automatically make you a douche bag.

But every OCer ive ever met was a douche bag.
>>
>>30470983
>That cant angle
How the fuck do you draw that quickly?
>>
>>30473739
Almost nobody every notices people OCing if they're not making a point of it. The only reason I notice it is because I look for people carrying
>>
>>30479287
THIS. I wish there was a way to diplomatically approach taking away the right to vote from women. Emotions are great, just not a way to set policy.
>>
>>30476558
You know where you're at right?
>>
>>30479379
Totally false, in cities where few people carry most people notice those who do. 9/10 times it's just a uniformed cop though.
>>
>>30479549
>Anecdotal evidence that I totally didn't just make up: the post
>>
>>30479575
As opposed to the completely unsubstantiated claim that no one will notice people who OC?
>>
>>30479575
Well the 9/10 times was stupid I'll admit. But the most people notice open carrying is a valid use of anecdotal evidence. I notice and most people I know who are used to living in non-rural areas will notice as well and point it out to me. I'll notice someone open carrying and not notice the police/security uniform until after noticing the gun.
>>
>>30479218
>A right not excercized is a right lost. Every time I see soneone ocing I congratulate and say thanks to him.
You also have a right to let other men fuck you in the ass. Do you also let other men fuck you in the ass or thank and congratulate men who let other men fuck them in the ass?
>>
>>30470983
It's not nerdy, it's attention seeking, autistic behavior in an urban setting. It has its uses in the out of doors, but you do not need to fucking OC when you go to applebees guys. My CC goes anywhere I want it to, and i'm never harassed by fools with sticks up their nethers.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 625x626
>>30476510
>>
>>30470983
>"look at me i have the gun, shoot me first"
>>
>>30471883
Oh god I actually laughed at that one.
>>
>>30470983
it's pretty stupid if you aren't doing it for a reason. It isn't "making a statement" or helping anyone's image unless you're a christian hemsworth stunt double ubermensch or at least clean cut and dressed well, which usually precludes open carrying.

Getting beef jerky at a gas station and don't want to leave your wetherby hunting rifle in your open top jeep? gtg.

walking your RIA 1911 in it's new uncle mikes holster to the local mcdonalds? fucking why

but bonus points if you're a novel oddity, unassailable, or part of the de facto upper class your typical faux intellectual fetishizes
>walrus mustached cavalry shirt wearing old man with a pair of ivory gripped peacemakers
no one will say a damn thing. The number of guns and assorted weapons I've walked around with between various living history events with no problems in a state that doesn't even allow open carry would surprise most people. An anthropologist I knew who was... eccentric carried a birdshead .36 caliber colt cap and ball pistol on his hip under a long cut tweed jacket.
>gymbro power top with your Isosceles stance logo tshirt and pink cerakoted glock 19 with gun nuts on the rail
>doctor, surgeon, lawyer, college professor type, etc. removing their suit jacket and having their expensive man jewlery CC stick out from their leather IWB holster.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.