[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes a General "great"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
And why do people worship them?

http://www.stripes.com/news/gun-control-group-enlists-petraeus-and-other-vets-to-help-curb-violence-1.414754
>>
>Petraeus was a gud boy, his character was assassinated by outside forces

Wonder if /k/ will keep spewing this garbage now that he is on the gun control bandwagon. Weak faggots.
>>
>>30469662
jesus christ vlad we had this thread a few days ago
>>
>>30469662
People don't worship generals, they just kiss their asses since it's like meeting the head boss of your company visiting your small work section so everyone tries to make him happy for the small chance of him remembering your positively and to not get fired
>>
File: vladimir putin.jpg (181 KB, 419x594) Image search: [Google]
vladimir putin.jpg
181 KB, 419x594
>its a "military officer who lives in a bubble closed off from the rest of society and thinks he knows what's best for the rest of society" episode

Posting a Colonel

I wonder where this belief comes from
>>
>>30469662
>What makes a General "great"?

In peace time, their social circle. In times of war, their abilities to do everyone elses' work for them. This pretty much applies to every job in regards to actually doing work.

>And why do people worship them?

Money and power.
>>
File: confused man at his computer.jpg (89 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
confused man at his computer.jpg
89 KB, 1300x863
>>30469772
>Money

Christ, what socio-economic rung are you stuck in to think a General's middle class pay is worth a damn?
>>
>>30469790
https://www.military-ranks.org/army/general-pay
>>
>>30469812
>>
>>30469836
Yeah, you're pretty much right. I guess people just kiss their asses.
>>
Listen, there's an easy way to define good leadership in the armed forces. It's a two part formula, but it makes sense.

Part 1: Your subordinates must trust, have faith, and generally agree with your personal definition of bullshit.

Part 2: Your subordinates must trust and have faith that you will fight against anything that breeches that definition.

Charisma 101.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.