[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada Gun Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Canada.svg[1].png (18 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Canada.svg[1].png
18 KB, 1280x640
happy canada day kommandos
>>
Anybody got any advice for shooting on Crown Land? Found some 45 minutes away, so I can save money on a range membership. What are the downsides?
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (702 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
702 KB, 3024x4032
happy canada day i'm spending it shooting canadas most ubiquitous gun, the honourarily canadian russian sks (from canadian tire)
>>
Where to you folks buy your ammo? I've always gotten mine from SAIL and Canadian Tire, but I've heard it is cheaper to buy online?
>>
File: Feels canadian.png (212 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
Feels canadian.png
212 KB, 922x882
Are SVTs still around? I really want one.

>>30468554
>getting ready for the FOURTH OF JULY
>tfw Muricans are getting ready for America day
>tfw most people around Toronto wouldn't even know it's Canada day
>tfw they're having a diversity parade with almost no mention of Canada
>tfw nothing Canadian is happening
>tfw not a single mention of Canadian achievements, just shit like GAY RIGHTs
I with the reds would just bomb Toronto already, this place is a blemish on Canada.

>>30468611
Study the fuck out of the land first, find out local bylaws and such, especially about noise, and make sure hunting is allowed on that land. Maybe try speaking to locals if there are any.

Then make sure the land is safe to shoot, find a good backstop the foot of a hill or something.

After you've made sure it's as safe as it can be. Shoot.

>>30468802
Generally you can buy online for cheaper, but only if you buy large amounts. Otherwise shipping is a killer.

Depends on where you live too, and specific stores around you.
>>
>>30468881
Just remove all the liberals and immigrants from the GTA entirely.
>>
>>30468881
>>30468923

Where do you losers live in toronto? I live in Mississauga and am heading downtown for fireworks tonight, everybody is aware it is canada day.
>>
>>30468983
GTA.

Kill me.
>>
>>30468881
>>30468983
In all complete honesty, Canada Day is the least Canadian day of all.

Complain about liberals and coloureds all you want, but they're not the only problem. You also see average white people breaking law & causing disorder by being drunk in public, getting into fights, littering, vandalizing, and discharging fireworks in unsafe/unauthorized areas.

Canada Day is the day when Canadians take a break from being Canadians.
>>
>>30468881
>Living in Toronto
>Ever
Nigga, Toronto is basically everything wrong with Canada, it's like ground zero and the rest of Canada has to deal with the fallout.
>>
>>30468881
>>tfw most people around Toronto wouldn't even know it's Canada day

No. Thats just wrong.
>>
>>30468983
I live in Hamilton, better than living in Toronto due to the lack of niggers and nearby rifle ranges.
>>
>>30469171
That's because Canada day isn't seen as anything more than a day off. There is no such thing as a Canadian patriot.

I've been to US, and people literally cry on the 4th of July. Even if they don't care the rest of the year, on July 4th, Americans get patriotic as fuck.

Maybe there's just nothing to be patriotic about in Canada.

>>30469182
Yea, too bad a significant part of our voting block comes from here, and prime minister 'Not afraid to be a feminist' seems to only care about Ronto.

>>30469646
To be fair, i live in the dirt of Toronto. My neighborhood is nice, but it's a tiny little oasis in a sea of BROWN.
>>
>>30469846
I live in an entirely white/jewish neighborhood. Its like a little suburb.
>>
File: received_1735553033323086.jpg (169 KB, 1184x666) Image search: [Google]
received_1735553033323086.jpg
169 KB, 1184x666
>>30468554
Happy Canada skyseers
>>
File: 20160629_153917.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1062) Image search: [Google]
20160629_153917.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1062
>>30469964
Canada day*
wasps are everywhere for some reason
>>
File: canadian native.jpg (24 KB, 299x434) Image search: [Google]
canadian native.jpg
24 KB, 299x434
>>30469846
>There is no such thing as a Canadian patriot

Depends on where you live, I live in Northern Ontario and we love Canada day and the country. We normally celebrate with parties on the lake, shooting at the range, and honoring our fallen vets from WW1 to present.

Generally the bigger the town, the less Canada day means to the majority of people because most of them are immigrants or liberals. I went to Toronto one year and it was the shittiest Canada day I ever had

>20-30 mins of fireworks
>dumbass teenagers and immigrants causing shit
>police having to constantly arrest or detain large groups
>>
File: 1454119134685.jpg (317 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1454119134685.jpg
317 KB, 900x900
VZ OR T97?!?!

This question is bothering me. I have an AR and an SKS and i want something better for innawoods camping and STALKERing. x39 would save the cost per cartridge i would spend buying vz mags, and i already have beowulf mags for t97 if i do that.

WHAT DO?
>>
>>30470102
T97.
>>
>>30470102
Get a vz. 58.

The .223 version, not the x39 version.

Then get yourself a magazine adapter so you can use your STANAG mags.

Voila, inexpensive non-restricted semi-automatic .223 rifle.
>>
Nogunz here, thinking about getting my license (grandfather offered me the nicest .22 I've ever seen in my life if I got my PAL). Other than the CFSC, what else do I need to get/do before I get my PAL?
>>
>>30470102
>i already have beowulf mags for t97
Careful now. I don't know what kind of Beowulf mags you've got, but I would watch this video first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjI_3MF_kQc
>>
>>30470041
I agree, I love Canada day shame my town doesn't put on a parade anymore. Just Fireworks and some events downtown
>>
>>30470165
When you finish the CFSC, the instructor will give you an application form.

Follow the form very carefully. Actually, you get download PDF copies of the exact form from the RCMP's website. I would suggest reading that very carefully.

It'll tell you literally everything you need to get your PAL.
>>
>>30470102
Personally VZ. I prefer the 7.62 version, but the 5.56 can be adapted for stanags and then you can use Beo mags.

If you get t97, get the flat top.
>>
File: bob ross.jpg (48 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
bob ross.jpg
48 KB, 620x349
>>30468554
Sorry, I don't know what "Canada Day" is.
>>
File: oicunt.jpg (656 KB, 1180x880) Image search: [Google]
oicunt.jpg
656 KB, 1180x880
>>
>>30470168
I got the metal ones.
>>30470153
does the vz have any gas issues? it doesnt have an adjustable gas regulator while the t97 does. would i need one if the gun that was made in x39 be chambered in 223?
>>
>>30470186
Alright. Just have to hope the Canada Post strike doesn't mess up getting it. Maybe that'll have blown over before the government gets around to mailing me it
>>
>>30470165
Do CFSC.

Easy as fuck. It's fucking SOFT TINGS. Just muzzle awareness and trigger discipline. Point fun at the instructor and you immediately fail no matter what.

The instructor gives you application form, and mails you your result sheets.

Fill the application, when the result sheets arrive you gotta mail one copy with the application to the place. The instructor gave me the envelope with the mailing address already on it.

Pay by credit card btw, mail it off. The reason you pay by credit card, is because as soon as the thing arrives they charge you, and you can see that on bank statement. So if you call up and they're all OHH WE DIDN'T GET IT YET. just be all, but you've taken the liberty to already charge me? And they'll find it immediately.

Also where do you live? I would suggest 2368 Kingston Road, Walter Bent courses. He's a fudd, but he's knowledgeable, and you get to finger fuck a SKS, Lee en field and a Winchester 1894.

>>30470255
>Canada post strike
Oh shit, is that happening?
>>
>>30470255
I can't imagine the strike lasting very long.

But say that it did.

First-time PAL applicants have to wait a minimum of 28 days. Realistically, the actual processing time can be anywhere between 2 to 9 months.

Strike shouldn't last THAT long. Barring that, I don't think the strike affects government mail. Yes, it sucks that your Amazon or eBay purchases won't arrive on time, but I do believe any sort of mail from any branch of government will still be delivered. I could be wrong though.

So, what will you need for your PAL application? Here's a list:
>Completion of the CFSC
>At least $60 cash ($80 if you're doing RPAL; plus some more pocket change to mail your application)
>a photo of yourself for the license (carefully read the application form's guidelines)
>two references who have known you for 3+ years
>>
>>30470357
Hold on a minute.

I should've said "At least $60."

Don't use cash, except to pay for postage.

Fucking casual linguistics made me accidentally say "cash" when I didn't mean to.
>>
>>30470298
I'm over in Nova Scotia, about 35 minutes from Halifax, so a trip to Ontarii to get my CFSC is out. I'll take the credit card advice though, that'll probably help.

>>30470357
>First-time PAL applicants have to wait a minimum of 28 days. Realistically, the actual processing time can be anywhere between 2 to 9 months.

I did not think it would take that long.
At least I know what I need now.
>>
>>30470386
Also just to add to what >>30470357 said

You need a photo reference or guarantee-er. Someone over 18 and knows you for a year. The pic has to be 1.75 inch x 2.25 inch, at least 3/16 an inch face. If you want commie units, you're not getting them.

The 28 days is a waiting period. After that they actually process shit. If it takes more than 2 months, you can start calling the shit.

But after the 1 month mark, you can start checking your bank statement for the payment and if it's gone through you can start calling in to be sure.

Sometimes the'll be something missing on your application, but they won't tell you until they mail it back which takes 3 months, so it can help to call in every week or so to keep on it.

A 9 month wait is rare btw. From the completion of the CFSC or CRFSC it usually takes about 4 months.

also why is Canada post on strike? Can someone explain it all to me? I remember teachers in my area went on strike and all the kids where protesting for them. It was actually some fucking brainwashing and shit, kids just wanted sports back, they didn't know what they where protesting.
>>
>>30470469
>why is Canada post on strike? Can someone explain it all to me?
Same reason why any other worker goes on strike: They want a bigger paycheck, and they're in a comfortable enough position where they can complain about it with little to no chance of it backfiring on them.
>>
>>30470469
>You need a photo reference or guarantee-er. Someone over 18 and knows you for a year.
Your photo guarantor can also be one of your two character references. It's better this way, because that's one less person to look for.
>>
>>30470165
>>30470186
>>30470255
>>30470357
>>30470372
>>30470469

When sending your application, make sure to send it via REGISTERED MAIL so you know the exact date that they receive it, because THAT is the date from which the 28 day minimum starts.
>>
>>30470522
Does the photo have to be professionally done, or can I just use any picture that meets those requirements?

As for the references, can they be anyone at all as long as they meet? If so, my family would be the easiest way to get that done
>>
>>30470587
It doesn't have to be professionally done, you can even smile for it.

Just make sure your features are clear, eye color, hair color, etc. And your face is atleast 3/16 of an inch of the photo.

The references can be anyone over 18 and known you for 3 years. except your spouse.

I used my mom and dad.
>>
>>30470620
Yoy can SMILE for it? What is this madness!?

That'll simplify things though; less running around to do.
>>
>>30470587
The picture doesn't have to be professionally taken, and I would only recommend getting it professionally done if you can only take shitty photos.

You can use family as references. I would at least make sure that they're okay with you owning guns, though. If you have a lesbian sister who's in college, you might not want to ask her. Your fudd of an uncle might be cool, though.
>>
>>30470634
My mom was taught to shoot when ahe was a kid, my doesn't really care about guns one way or another, and my brother picked up a shotgun a couple months ago. I think I'll be safe in that regard
>>
>>30470652
>all those typos
Why does my phone do nothing but make useless "corrections" instead of fixing actual problems?
>>
>>30470632

Yup. Less restrictive than a passport photo.
>>
>>30470634

>Brother and I both used each other as refs and guarantors for photos

>We're both bi and he studied art

Don't be too quick to judge, man.
>>
>>30470587
>Does the photo have to be professionally done, or can I just use any picture that meets those requirements?

No (my girlfriend took mine in my basement), but if you fuck up the photo it'll add a lot of time onto your application.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/pdfs/5614-eng.pdf
>>
>>30470687
You're absolutely right, anon.

>sister is an active serving member of the Canadian Forces
>has countless hours of shooting experience
>voted NDP
No idea why she chose a career that uses guns when she actually hates guns herself.
>>
File: 10.png (66 KB, 277x283) Image search: [Google]
10.png
66 KB, 277x283
>>30468881
>Canadian achievements
what did he mean by this
>>
>>30469846
>>30469171
Not trying to like, govern or dictate or shit, but I've always liked Canada threads cause they allow me to contribute to my favourite online gun community without the thread being caught up in all that /pol/ or "muh oppressive government" shit.

>>30470357
>Barring that, I don't think the strike affects government mail. Yes, it sucks that your Amazon or eBay purchases won't arrive on time, but I do believe any sort of mail from any branch of government will still be delivered. I could be wrong though.

I believe you are wrong, although I am not certain. I work for Passport Canada, and renewed passports are NOT being sent out until after the strike ends (or if it doesn't begin at all, deadline still a few days away). So we have been stockpiling our finished applications and will not be getting any more in either. So yeah, it might have a huge effect on your CFSC. Sucks, actually, I'm doing my test next week.

>The only service in the event of a strike will be the delivery of pension and social assistance cheques, which the CUPW has guaranteed in agreements with Canada Post.

From CBC. So yeah.

>>30470514
Nope, they want to guarantee fair and equal pensions for new highers. Canada Post insists that the government can afford to uphold existing pension rates due to the profitability (yep, they make a profit) of the Canada Post. Among other things are the offering of healthcare services and pay equity concerns, I think.
>>
>>30470722
your sister is probably a POG.
not surprised.
>>
>>30468727
Canadian Tires still sell guns? The ones around me only sell ammo.
>Inb4 burger was trying to be funny.
>>
>>30471217

Depends on the area. Some don't even carry ammo.
>>
>>30471217
a lot of small town CTs still sell guns. the pembroke store expanded from a weird little island in the outdoor sport section to a dedicated area at the back with a big two level rack and tons of misc shooting gear
>>
Happy Canada day, I was going to go buy a new .22 but then I remember everything is closed. And now it's raining so I don't even want to leave the house.

>>30468881
>nothing Canadian is happening
Yesterday afternoon there was some live music at Parliament Hill, huge stage and everything. The audience was basically non-existent. I had a few keks and moved on with my day.

>>30471217
A few of them in Ottawa have started selling NR rifles and shotguns again, I really doubt they carry pistols though.
Oddly enough, when I was in Toronto a few weeks ago I happened to find a milsurp store selling realistic 1:1 steel-and-wood airshit, AK-47s and M1A1s and such.
>>
what are some decent guns i can get here for cheap?
>>
>>30471342
Ah, Waterdown here, Ours has a very limited ammunition section that basically sells fudd stuff and that's it.
>>
>>30471364
Long guns:
The SKS
The Mosin-Nagant
Sporterized Lee-Enfields
Cooey 84

Most new cheap guns are decent. Mossberg 500s are rattly and ugly, but they work just fine. The same goes for the Ruger American and Savage Axis.
>>
>>30471217
One of the Canadian Tires near me also sells ammo only, but only the fuddy ammo.

>12 gauge waterfowl loads
>.30-06
>.303 British
>etc.
The 12 gauge took up at least 3/4 of the shelfspace, I shit you not.
>>
>>30471374
Can you at least buy SKS food in your Cantire? A few of them around Ottawa have Barnaul, but I haven't found a single one that carries surplus (not even the 20rd boxes, let alone tins or crates).
>>
>>30471405
Christ almighty. It turns out that they actually sell Barnaul 7.62x39 at my town's store but it's like 4 bucks more expensive than normal.
>>
>>30469964
>>30469997
>>30470214
PRAISE /K/ANADA
>>
>>30471421
pembroke CT doesn't get much bulk anymore, but perkins had crates of surplus x39 and 308 stacked as tall as me a month or so back. really a good town for guns. military from petawawa, bored white collars from chalk river, survival weirdos from the hills, hunters from everywhere
>>
Live in Ottawa, new to the whole hobby. Should I travel to smaller towns to buy guns?? Is buying online viable or smart?
>>
>>30470214
That dude looks a little fat.
>>
>>30471425
Yikes, that's rough. You have other local ammo stops though, r-right?

>>30471515
Crates of surplus 308? Fuck me, I never thought I'd be envious of Pembroke.
>>
>>30471217
The ones in Hamilton still sell guns and ammo.

>R-870
>SKS
>SVT-40's
>a single AW-50
>>
>>30471550
Welcome to the tribe, anon. A magical adventure awaits you.

>Should I travel to smaller towns to buy guns?? Is buying online viable or smart?
Depends what you want to buy. You can find huge deals online, but also huge shipping costs for "dangerous goods". Don't bother traveling to smaller towns if you're going to buy local, there's a store in Hawksbury and a couple out west, but right here in Ottawa we have Lebaron, SAIL, Sports Action, Gunco, and hopefully Cabela's sometime this year. Hell, Marstar ships all across Canada but they're based just outside of this city.

You might face a bigger obstacle in finding a range. The Eastern Ontario Shooting Club charges like $400 a year and seems to have a hard time making room for new members. The RA center only allows certain calibers. Stittsville has membership rates not unlike the EOSC's, and they do allow walk-on shooters for like $30 each, but I hear they have a lot of cumbersome rules about sitting and standing when you shoot.

You've gotten your PAL, then? That's the longest bridge to cross, everything is smoother from that point onward.
>>
File: Froot Loop.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Froot Loop.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>30471187
>POG
There's that word again.

It is pogue, nimrod.
>>
File: 1461634019534.jpg (252 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461634019534.jpg
252 KB, 500x500
anyone using the fireworks to mask a bit of /k/ related fun?
>>
>>30471632
Don't be too quick to judge. You get the odd guy who looks like he's out of shape, but he tanks the ruck like everyone else.
>>30471217
Edmonton here, the giant South Side CT has a huge gun/sporting goods area. I should ride down sometime and look at the prices. Sebarms is normally where I get my ammo from, though. They're usually a bit cheaper.
>Tfw no cool pirate hideout /k/ave
>>30472195
I'm tempted to use the fireworks to mask me blowing away my neighbor's cat. Fucking pest won't stop shitting in my yard. I'm gonna box that faggot up and dump it in a field for the yipyips to snack on.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 700x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 700x527
>>30470102
>Tfw bought a T97 off a buddy for cheap
>The "real" optic is unobtanium
WHY?! Did they ever bring in more than a couple? Even on CGN, it seems like they never go up for sale! Why doesn't Norinco import more?
>>
>>30471632
>can't even go above 170lbs
>normally around 155lbs
>get called fat on the internet
FUCK YOU
>>
>>30473166
If you really want to prove your shapley figure then you should post a pic in a dress.
>>
>>30470386
I bet this faggot lives in Sackville like me.
>>
>>30470214

Looks like a GGHG to me.
>>
>>30473319
Nope, I'm out in Porters Lake.
>>
File: 07-0263.jpg (13 KB, 244x288) Image search: [Google]
07-0263.jpg
13 KB, 244x288
Ugh. I just realized that its Canada and I'm sitting here shirtless, with a fucking headache, posting on 4chan.

Wasn't Canada supposed to be a big deal, like just a few years ago I could have sworn that both me and everyone else I knew thought of Canada day as a big deal. These days though I just can't seem to give a damn anymore. Maybe its cause I live in Toronto? I don't know. Feels shitty though.

Oh shit. I think I just saw a picture of my old school in the captcha. How weird is that...

...eh?
>>
>>30472547
>neighbor's cat
Yup same problem.

Drop some anti freeze on a piece of chicken or something before it strikes.

Remove catbab.

>>30473395
Canada was relevant like once lad.
>>
should i get a garand or a handgun for my next purchase?

thinking like a buckmark for the handgun, probably stick with 22 until im shooting tight butthole groups at 25m then get a 9mm for ipsc and idpa
>>
>>30473395
>I just realized that its Canada DAY and I'm sitting here shirtless, with a fucking headache, posting on 4chan

>Wasn't Canada DAY supposed to be a big deal, like just a few years ago

Sorry guys I'm drunk as fuck.
>>
>>30473377
You must have the joy of driving through Preston frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvJBJmQQ7PQ
>>
>>30468554

Any other Canadafriends recently get licensed? Restricted or non-restricted? Did it take forever?

Just mailed mine in. Looking forward to getting into this whole scene, but the postal strike will slow it down. I live in a lib stronghold and I feel like joining a range will help me meet some other more conservative folks.
>>
>>30473577
I'm actually in the same boat as you O' fellow /k/anadian. I've wanted to get my license for a long time now. However I have been unable to because 1. I've been severely ill for the last 3 years and have only started to recover recently. and 2. I live in the immigrant containment zone that is Toronto, and so most people I know would be against the idea of just having a gun.

However the people I live with have at least expressed in the past that they have no problem with the idea of hunting with guns, so at least there's that.

I too would be really interested in making friends with people who live nearby and don't hate guns.
>>
>>30473577
join ipsc or idpa if you want to meet truly pro-gun people who actually shoot often.

depending on the range, you could just end up in the company of fudds, mallninjas, or newbs.
>>
>>30473868
But I am a newb.
>>
>>30471712

Thanks bro. I actually found some Crown Land maybe ~40 minutes outside of Ottawa, so I don't think I'm going to bother with range membership.
>>
>>30473166
The uniform is a little puffy too so that makes you look fat.

>right boot is all fucked

sort yourself out.
>>
>>30472592
They were made pretty much exclusively for the military. There are rumours that even the ones that made it to Canada were actually stolen from the military. They could actually make them, but there isn't a big profit so not much point.
>>
>>30474189
How'd you find it? I tried looking it up, but the maps I found were way, way out of date, despite being stamped "Last updated March 2009" (a highway built in 1978 isn't even on the map, and an old road is still there despite having been abandoned for so long literally nothing is left except for like a 100m trail).
>>
how come I can't seem to find any Makarovs in canada? Are people just holding on to the ones they own or are they prohib?
>>
>>30474709
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1003719-How-To-Find-Ontario-Crown-Land-to-Shoot-On

This post is EXCELLENT, has everything you should need.
>>
>>30473747
I live in Toronto too, Anon.

My major intersection is Eglinton and Birchmount, what aboot you?
>>
File: Cube.jpg (56 KB, 640x543) Image search: [Google]
Cube.jpg
56 KB, 640x543
>>30471643

I'm calling bullshit - what CT store in Hamilton sells gun?
>>
File: mountie.png (80 KB, 800x255) Image search: [Google]
mountie.png
80 KB, 800x255
Thanks brother americans!
>>
>>30474955

Guns* whatever, I'm tired
>>
File: washingtonfinal.png (151 KB, 800x623) Image search: [Google]
washingtonfinal.png
151 KB, 800x623
A preemptive Happy Fourth of July to the Americans. Picture related.
>>
>>30471217
U just bought a shotgun from my local one a while back, guy at the counter was really nice, was happy to let me fingerfuck anything on display and answer whatever questions I had
>>
>>30473395
Probably the reason is, Cons were in power last year, and they had military aircraft fly overs on parliament hill, and this year we had shitty ass music, and lame, crappy stage performances, from people and music we never heard of before.

Fuck I even forgot it as gonna be Canada, last year they advertises the events for like weeks, or a month before they happened.

>Canada post strike?
What? Why? Do I ever care? Fking use ups or amazon drone deliveries.
>>
>>30472547
Which CT, the one in Millwoods Town Center or the one in South Edmonton Common?
>>
>>30471217
Some do, though it really depends where and what store. My local one has a sort of "outdoor goods" building down a ways that has a wall of gats available (mostly bolt actions/shotguns). There's one in Athabasca as well that I've seen carrying guns.
>>
>>30475196
Next year is gonna be Canada's 150th birthday, hopefully we all give more of a collective shit about it.
>>
File: max brofist us canada.png (823 KB, 982x658) Image search: [Google]
max brofist us canada.png
823 KB, 982x658
>>30475017
Thank you.
>>
>>30474842
Forgot to mention, I'm in Nova Scotia. Our version of the website used in that post is utterly useless for this. Thanks for trying though.
>>
>>30475231

What do you think great and glorious leader will do to celebrate?
>>
File: 1467157304813.jpg (831 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467157304813.jpg
831 KB, 1200x1600
>>30475334
Not sure, but I hear he'll be lighting the fireworks himself!
>>
>>30475239
Ameribros can be pretty alright. I know we fight a lot, but we always seem to come together in the end for the greater good. I like you folks.
>>
File: my hoodie.gif (20 KB, 515x320) Image search: [Google]
my hoodie.gif
20 KB, 515x320
>>30475499
>I know we fight a lot
Do we? Canada is like an addendum to the states. I don't know why we wouldn't get along. It's not like you are Mexico.
>>
>>30474867
Eglinton and Victoria Park is my area. Want to be friends?
>>
>>30473577
The postal strike is a bitch, so yours is likely going to take a few weeks longer (depending on how long canuck post decides to lock every fucking thing down for), but my PAL took about 4 months to get in total. Challenged the test last August and picked it up around November/December.

In the meantime, do your research on the local area, figure out what kinds of ranges are available in your area and what kinds of firearms you're looking to get once you actually have your license available.
>>
>>30473577
Chances are the strike will be over before your licence will be done processing. Assuming the strike happens right away and doesn't last longer than the previous one.
>>
>>30473747

Thats sounds tough anon. I'm on the West Coast so it's probably almost as bad as Toronto but there are some rednecks around too. A few friends are into the idea of target shooting and hunting so were happy to be witnesses, but a few others have stepped back a little when I said I was taking a firearms course. Have you taken the safety course yet?

>>30473868

I will look into that. My instructor was making fun of "tacticool" and "fudds" even though he's a retired RCMP bro in his sixties. He was talking about ipsc as well. I will check that out.

>>30475972

I didn't mail it until the 29th, and I missed the cutoff for next day delivery by just a few minutes... so it won't even get there to start processing until the strike is over.

Instructor guy said he'd be glad to help us with picking the right guns and he seems pretty informed so I'll probably take him up on that. I am looking into a bolt action rifle to try my hand at target shooting and a pistol as well. I need to go hold a bunch of stuff and see what fits my hand, but I like the look of the Sig P226 and it seems to get good reviews.
>>
So is the strike on? I can't find anything confirming it even though they said it could start July 2nd at 00:01AM.
>>
>>30476569
Its kinda like,
The union reps are for continuing work while negotiating, but their contract is officially over as of now so only a few things can happen.

1 CP gives notice of lockout (lockout happens in two weeks)
2 CP doesn't give notice of lockout (unions find they are lockout monday)
3 CP agrees to extend previous contract while negotations continue.
4 Unions strike as they have no contract

Situations 1,2,4 means no service until negotiations are finished (last time this happened it was 3 weeks)

Situation 2 where CP doesn't give notice of a lockout like they're supposed to is also possible as they have done so in the past.

Although the union is 90% for strike most people working these jobs rely on their paychecks to get by and don't really want a lockout or strike.
>>
>>30476433
Nay I have not taken any sort of fire arms course yet at all. Cause like I said I've been so God damned sick for the past three years I haven't been able to leave the house by myself. I've clinically depressed for five years, and add to that fact that until recently my mum was frightened of the idea of me owning any guns at all and I've sorta have been dependant on her just to go somewhere farther away than my front porch I haven't really had the chance even see a real gun, let alone take a course on them. She has grown more comfortable about the idea though. As I've slowly been getting better lately both physically an mentally, and I've talked to her about how important it is to me as a man to be able to physically defend myself and those I care able at all times. And I've talked to her about how the media has a tendency to present a rather inaccurate picture to the public about guns and gun owners, etc, etc. So she seems to be fine now with the idea of me getting a 73 Winchester for hunting/plinking and maybe a shotgun for hunting, which is what I'd really like to get first so that's a start at least.
>>
>>30476708
* Sorry not 2 weeks notice, its 72h notice
>>
>>30476720

Out of curiosity, what's wrong?

I was bedridden for a number of years in my late adolescence, so I can relate.
>>
>Small update on Canada post
The union has now said they will not be filing their 72h strike notice until at least this Tuesday.

No word on if CP has locked out workers yet.
>>
>>30476966

Oh thank fuck. Hope my safe arrives on time from Amazon.
>>
>>30473395

>Toronto

Probably downplayed Canada Day because progressives hate nationalism, white people, Canada, and the West.
>>
>>30478032
Not to mention that Canada Day is L I T E R A L L Y a racest colonialist celebration of the genocide of indigenous peoples! Really makes you think, huh??
>>
>>30469806
We are well on our way to being little Toronto soon enough. Enjoy it while you can.
>>
File: Kami Christ How Horrifying.png (249 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
Kami Christ How Horrifying.png
249 KB, 640x484
>>30476811
A combination of Crohn's Disease and depression. I'm also in the process of kicking an opiate addiction that I got from taking painkillers every day for eight months to control the pain of the Crohn's Disease. :P

>>30478068
The scary thing is that I've met people who genuinely believe that. o_o
>>
>>30468554
>Canadians
>On time for a small meet

I bet you guys are stuck in a Timmy's line.
>>
File: Colt Canada C8.jpg (83 KB, 1400x738) Image search: [Google]
Colt Canada C8.jpg
83 KB, 1400x738
Is it me or is there a casual relationship between gun ownership and racist fringe politics?

Just keep it politically neutral.

Once you fucks start blabbing about immigrants and shit, it makes gun owners look bad in general.

God forbid you don't hide your power levels in public.
>>
>>30478733
how about you fuck off with your leftist appeasement?

you're the type of retard they use to push "sensible" and "common sense" gun control. a backboneless moron that sucks the dicks of people that will always hate him and only see him as a useful pawn.
>>
>>30478765
Did you drop out of school? They said to be politically neutral. Politically neutral =/= lack of action. It means that you stand up for what you believe without blathering on about unrelated topics that only further alienate people from your cause.

Oh, nice use of the word "leftist" as a buzzword. There was literally nothing leftist about his post. You are like the autistic gun loving version of a soccer mom.
>>
File: Canada spurdooo.png (58 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
Canada spurdooo.png
58 KB, 800x509
>>30478765
>how about you fuck off with your leftist appeasement?

What part of my post told you to fucking appease the left.

>you're the type of retard they use to push "sensible" and "common sense" gun control. a backboneless moron that sucks the dicks of people that will always hate him and only see him as a useful pawn.

Great fringe blog analysis.

Noone said anything about "sensible gun control" aside from you itt. Calm your autism.

Just exercise caution with your political opinions. It's that fucking simple.

Don't engage head on with the Left, you'll lose. Seeing how your reading comprehension is abysmal.
>>
>>30478790
yeah, because leftists aren't know to call anything they dislike racist. whites that support it are racist, and blacks are uncle toms.

>>30478834
the one where you cry about racism. if it bothers you then just ignore it instead of crying about it.

not to mention that there's nothing wrong with having a strong sense of national identity and not wanting immigrants especially if they are uneducated and unskilled.
>>
>>30478885
>yeah, because leftists aren't know to call anything they dislike racist.

Every side shouts racism you numpty. The left views lack of representation of minorities as racist, while the right views affirmative action as racist. If you think that the world is so black and white you have a lot of growing up to do.

It's called a "political SPECTRUM" for a reason.
>>
>>30478885

Just keep politics out of firearms discussions. Pretty damn simple.

You're entitled to your opinions, but just don't associate it with firearms ownership like discussing it ITT. You've got /pol/ for that.
>>
>>30476708
>>30476569
I forgot they were striking again
What do those idiots want this time?
>>
>>30476569

Local news is reporting that they won't strike or be locked out before Wednesday now so my application should arrive by Tuesday, fuck yeah.
>>
>>30471217
rocky mountain house represent,
full aisle rack full of guns and then a few rotating cases with nuggets and sks and some misc
>>
>>30478733
Totally agree. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a gun owner snidely chastise 'liberals' or 'the government', I'd be a fucking millionaire.

How often do you guys hear, in total casual conversation among gun folks, mentions of people breaking the law or evading gun regulation? Like similar to potheads and thugs, it seems the gun community has a problem with obeying the law.
>>
>>30475963
Damn you're really close by.

We should go shooting.
>>
>>30474344
Do you mean the left boot? It's untied because I'm sitting on a Caravan back seat, eating donuts and relaxing, dipshit.
>>
>>30473319
>Sackville
Every time I visit my parents in Shediac I always laugh, take pictures of the highway signs leading to Sackville and text them to my friends, who also laugh.

Sackville.
>>
>>30473343
What? Rank flap says GEM, which is the French version of EME. GEMRC/RCEME now, though.
>>
>>30479852
ya....Sackvegas is kind of a greasy place. Land of the pizza joints and used car dealerships. Crime wise Sackville isn't too bad though. There are a few apartment complexes that have elevated rates of crime (Downsview) but the RCMP plopped a detachment down right in the middle of it.
>>
File: mexicanpt.jpg (82 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
mexicanpt.jpg
82 KB, 720x960
>>30473197
I don't have anything close to that.
>>
>>30478971
Labour disputes. CUPW wants their contract renewed, Canuck Post hasn't renewed it yet, despite them negotiating shit for something like a year now. CUPW is also looking for wage hikes and better benefits/pension plans, but neither side can come to an agreement on anything and so now we're getting yet another strike.
>>
Any Newfies on the go tonight?
>>
>>30475963
>eglinton and victoria park

that's fucking SCARBOROUGH

gtfo my tdot
>>
File: 1453326166805.png (334 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1453326166805.png
334 KB, 640x464
So, anybody know the likelyhood of the CFO approving a new range in Southern Ontario? The low number of ranges despite the high demand makes me think that very few/none are approved.
>>
>>30481288
It has a lot to do with the standards and costs being very high, and the number of people willing to put in the time and effort being very low.
>>
So which ranges in West Ontario are currently accepting new members?
>>
>>30480530
Yeah man where are you at
>>
>>30480739
>Scarborough isn't toronto
Gee grandpa, it's not 1997 anymore.Get with [CURRENT YEAR].
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 576x1024
>>30478520
>Tfw two people bitched out at the last moment today
Oh, well, we had fun. Got to zero my T97, try a K31, and just had a good time. Nearly sent a roll of plastic into orbit with my shotgun, too.
Now I'm gonna clean my guns, have a fire and get shitfaced on cheap whiskey.
>>
>>30482010

Where did you buy the MAGA hat?
>>
>>30482155
He probably robbed a hat store with his Tok while screaming "MURRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
>>
>>30482155
Anon lent me his.
>>
>>30478834
>he thinks "no one" is 1 word
>tries to make fun of others for being stupid
>>
File: ak47_syrup.jpg (845 KB, 3252x1193) Image search: [Google]
ak47_syrup.jpg
845 KB, 3252x1193
>>30470102
Czechnology > Chinkshit
>>
File: dog.jpg (16 KB, 236x315) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
16 KB, 236x315
Ok so I need some info fellow snow hell dwellers. How common is restricted firearm ownership in our country? I've just paid in advance for my RPAL application and am awaiting a day to take the course.

I feel sort of uneasy b/c i'm concerned i'll join some kind of minority group of gun owners which reside under the mountie's microscope. Maybe i'm just a pussy, but I wanted to hear what you folks think.
>>
>>30482389
Most people I meet got their RPAL, even if they don't own any Restricteds, as a "well, why not?". You'd be hardly more discriminated against-the RCMP hate us all equally.
>>
File: Make Canada Great Again.jpg (71 KB, 287x640) Image search: [Google]
Make Canada Great Again.jpg
71 KB, 287x640
>>30482155
>>30482232
A friend sent it to me from Freedomland.
>>
>>30482434
Right on. Does the real scrutiny begin when you apply for an ATT or the like? Also (not to sound alarmist) do you think if further gun ownership restrictions are imposed, those already possessing RPAL's will be exempted as a sort of "grandfather clause?" Keep in mind i'm real ignorant.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 249x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 249x259
>>30482448
For reference, Anon is not actually a dwarven syrup warrior like the angle implies.
>Mfw K31 fun times
>>
>>30482496
The grandfather clause is long forgotten. When the cz858 and Sig rifles were banned overnight the owners were ordered to turn the rifles in for $0 compensation. If there was an outright ban on something I HIGHLY doubt there would be grandfathering. They'd forcefully stretch your ass for you before they rape your firearm ownership.
>>
>>30481615
St John's
You?
>>
>>30482496
Not at all. I'm not sure who would be "scrutinizing" you. The CFO's office? Also, keep in mind that you no longer need to apply for ATTs.

I doubt any such leniency would be provided. I'd just fake a burglary and hide them off-site until things quiet down.
>>
File: 1448330088016.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448330088016.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>30482535
Glad you enjoyed shooting the K31 so much. Also how dare you slander my Jpop in the car ride when you're posting anime faces.
>>
>>30482548
Damn son. Well thanks for the info.
>>
>>30482548
>When the cz858 and Sig rifles were banned overnight the owners were ordered to turn the rifles in for $0 compensation
Did people do this? Or just the receivers get turned in?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>30482575
I do it out of (platonic) love.
>>
>>30482556
I was thinking the mounties in general. When I go through the firearms act I see things saying that restricted firearms "collectors" must consent to visits by the RCMP so their collections can be inspected and I sweat. Granted that doesn't apply if you fall in to the target shooter group so that's cool.

You don't need to apply for ATT's anymore? Than how does it work if you don't mind explaining?
>>
>>30482601
I honestly don't have numbers for you on how many people actually did it. They got 1 year of amnesty (which lasted until the decision was overturned anyway) so I really hope there were 0 people who did it.

>>30482608
If I drive next time I'm actually going to have Shibayan Records blasting.
>>
>>30482633
I'm gonna drive and subject you to the Guess Who for an hour straight.
>>30482625
You get a license, you automatically get run through the system daily against criminals or whatever. In practice, actual RCMP oversight is rare to nonexistent. The Collector status is a bit different, so there's more oversight. A good rule of thumb is that the CFO rep doesn't swing by to check your setup out unless you have 10+ Restricteds. And they can't snoop around, just check your storage setup, and they must give 24h notice.

As for ATTs, your license now functions as your ATT. This DOES NOT mean you can do anything more with your Restricteds than before, just that to go to the range or smith or whatever, you no longer need an ATT. But you still need your registration and everything else. Just eliminates useless paperwork.
>>
>>30482720
Neato. But you have to register your restricteds right?
>>
>>30482774
Well, yeah.
>>
>>30482887
Like I said, i'm ignorant. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.
>>
>>30482389
Roughly 1/3 of the people who have a PAL have the restricted license. Or roughly 650,000.
>>
>>30478335

Ouch. I've got IBS, so I feel you, man. It was a happy day when they ruled out Crohn's and colitis for me...
>>
>>30482887
how do you register your restricteds if you're living out-of-province?

like say i am from NS and go to school in winnipeg (dont ask why) and live in res: i buy a handgun in manitoba to compete in ipsc and shit but can't store it in residence, so i cut a deal with the range owner to let me store it there for free as a part of my membership

where do i register the gun to? will they give me an ATT to transport it to other ranges in manitoba and back to NS during the summer? sometiems i drive thru the states to get back home because muh cheap gas, will they include that on the ATT or do i just notify somebody when i make the trip?
>>
File: Ribfest.jpg (120 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
Ribfest.jpg
120 KB, 590x393
>>30468881
>tfw nothing Canadian is happening

I mean, if you ignore all the events, sure.

These were the fireworks:

Amesbury Park
9:45 p.m.

Canada’s Wonderland
10 p.m.

Centennial Park (Ribfest)
10 p.m.

Downsview Park
After dusk (approximately 10 p.m.)

Mel Lastman Square
10:15 p.m.

Mississauga Celebration Square (Canada Day on the Square)
10:20 p.m.

Port Credit Memorial Park (Paint the Town Red)
After dusk

Stan Wadlow Park
10:15 p.m.

Harbourfront Centre
July 1 10:40 p.m.

Ashbridge’s Bay
After 9:30 p.m.

Markham Civic Centre
Dusk (roughly 10 p.m.)

Richmond Green Park
10 p.m.

Chinguacousy Park
10 p.m.

Milliken Park
10 p.m.

Alongside the fireworks, the Harbourfront Centre held a historical Canadian exhibit with live music from Canadian singers.

At Mel Lastman Square there were live performances by Canadian artists along with family-oriented stalls.

At the Mackenzie house, people could explore the 19th century home of our first mayor wherein an in-house printing press (in reference to W.L. Mackenzie being a newspaperman) would print a maple leaf postcard, poster or fabric patch included in the price of admission.

At Camp Canuck, the following events were held:
Underwater adventurers the Octonauts
World famous children’s entertainer Fred Penner (a Canadian)

Aerial Birds of Canada soaring overhead in a jaw-dropping cirque show

Percussion from around the world in the World Beat Pavilion, including drummers from the Mississaugas of the New Credit, the Souls of Steel Orchestra (a Canadian band), and Alpha Rhythm Roots

A chalk art performance by Multi-disciplinary indigenous artist Vanessa Dion Fletcher with Mnemonic Memory: Mississauga,

Mayor Bonnie Crombie joined at 4pm to participate in the Canadian Citizenship reaffirmation oath.

Fort York kicked off the day with musket and artillery drills.Among some family and child-oriented attractions, you cold also attend sessions explaining the past of the national historic site.
>>
File: Living Flag.jpg (357 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Living Flag.jpg
357 KB, 540x360
>>30483575
Radio station Q107 held a Canada Day picnic at Woodbine park with midway rides and Canadian beer brewed locally from Mill St. brewery.

The Redpath Waterfront Festival held a Canada Day bash including the addition of two coastal defense ships on loan from the Royal Canadian Navy as well as a 5k navy run.

At the Evergreen Brick Works Centre, the Lester P. Beerson festival was held hosting several local beer makers.

The Addison House on Wellington held a Canada Day BBQ.

At Yonge-Dundas Square, people gathered, were given free t-shirts and, together formed a large Canadian flag with their bodies.

The Toronto Zoo dedicated Canada Day to the exibition of Canadian specias including talks from the keepers of these animals.

Gladstone held a Canada Day festival including music from Canadian artist Eddy Culjak and a Canada-themed karaoke limited to songs from Canadian artists.

The Canada Day Red Party at Cabana Pool Bar.

At Woodbine Beach, the Canadian Olympic Team Beach Party was held which hosted Canadian artists and Canadian Olympians.
>>
>>30482389

also interested. I just took the PAL/RPAL course (scored 100% on both) and mailed off my application.

There's nothing interesting about me so I don't think the RCMP will care about me much, but we'll see.
>>
>>30483379
Hm, that's a difficult one. I'd just contact your CFO office.
>>
>>30483653
>scored 100% on both
>so I don't think ...will care about me much
"Whoa this guy scored a PERFECT on both parts of the test, why does he know all this gun stuff so well? Why didn't he get a single thing wrong? He must be a gun fanatic, put him on this list with the rest"
>>
>>30483806
>Canada is a country where we punish the studious
With all the Asians in this country, we must have a high-ass crime rate due to all that studying.
>>
>>30483866
>yfw Indians are better at school than the Chinese

I mean, they're Asians too, but I'm pretty sure you meant the almond eyes.
>>
>>30483379

iirc, you can register both addresses with the CFO as primary and secondary.
>>
>>30483901
Funny that they know how to program robots and design all sorts of fancy shit, but they can't even defecate properly.
>>
>>30484239
They reach both ends of the spectrum due to literally being 4 times more populated than the U.S.
>>
>>30484253
The real funny thing is that the smart one's are smart because of Western influence.
>>
>>30484261
The funny thing is the smart ones are all not in India.
>>
>>30484261
true, smart indians didn't exist before 1832
>>
anybody here have a tikka t3 in 223?

thinking of getting one for some target shooting; want something that can reach out a bit farther than my 10/22
>>
Is a Russian-themed 3-Gun setup viable or even allowed in 3-Gun competitions?

In 3-Gun, you typically have a pistol, semi-automatic rifle, and a shotgun.

So I was thinking:
>Pistol: Tok
>Rifle: SVT
>Shotgun: Baikal

Can it be done? Should it be done?
>>
>>30485022
Go for it. People have done the US WW2 theme before with a Garand, 1911A1, and M12
>>
>>30485022
Yeah it should be allowed under the rules, I don't see why not. How effective that setup will be is a completely different question.
>>
File: couple of drinks.jpg (55 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
couple of drinks.jpg
55 KB, 960x640
>>30479911
>>30473319
>Sackvegas

Ayyyy, fellow Lower Sackvillefag here. We should grab a pint at Dooley's sometime.

Also, HRM meetup when? There's enough of us fucking here
>>
>>30479550
Wanna add each other on Facebook?

>>30480739
>>30481923
Lol, I live like a block west of Vic Park, so even if it were 1997 I'd still be in East York.

>>30483317
It's been a rough few years lemme tell ya.
>>
>>30478068
I celebrate that every day, not just on Canada day
>>
>>30482389
RPAL does not disadvantage you in any way. In some provinces they want you to be a range member if you put down "target shooting" as your "reason" and are buying a restricted gun, but if you just have the restricted addition it doesn't require you to do anything extra.

I recommend that everyone gets a restricted license. You never know when you might want a handgun. Don't get more than 10 registered guns or the cops will harass you though.

You're already in a minority group. IMO this one of the better minority groups to be in.
>>
Nofuns here, is it possible to obtain an M14 and 1911? Only funs I've ever really wanted.
>>
>>30481923
that shit was all farmland in the 70s

>be me
>abroad
>meet some person
>where are you from i ask
>toronto they answer
>oh wow me too! what part of toronto
>up near albion road and hwy 27
>mfw thats basically fucking BRAMPTON
>>
>>30487197
yes, but .308 and .45acp are both in the upper tier of expensive ammunition

so if you want to shoot a lot it's gonna hit you in the wallet

there is a reason why .22lr/.223/9mm are popular
>>
>>30487230
your home belongs to indians that glare at white people

:^)
>>
>>30487248
And that cheap gommie 7.62x39.

>>30487197
Yeah the Norinco m305 (m14) and m1911 are both relatively cheap, you'd be spending about $1000 for both of them brand new. You'll need a Restricted license for the 1911, but not the m305. I would have bought a 1911 by now if I knew I'd shoot it often enough to justify an annual $400 range membership.
>>
>>30483806

Hah that actually did cross my mind. The test isn't that hard though, the instructor said he predicted about 5 of us would score 100 out of the 15 or so in the class.

>tfw should have blown some questions on purpose

I definitely thought I misidentified how the cartoon guy was carrying his rifle. Lucky guess.
>>
File: EUc74Ee.jpg (45 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
EUc74Ee.jpg
45 KB, 500x667
I know this probably belongs in /out/, but /k/ has a much better dedicated and recurring Canada thread line.

Toronto city boy that just finished his PAL and RPAL courses a month ago and am waiting on RCMP approval. Taking my Hunter's Education Course next week. Looking for a hunt buddy who'll be willing to take me out, teach me the ropes once I'm equipped. I have previous firearms experience - I spent a few years in the reserves. I'd love to learn how to field dress.
>>
Bass Pro Vaughan has 1000 round of 223 55 grain for 0.50 cents a round. I don't know if I should get it since my AR will be 1:7 twist.
>>
Hey guys, immigrant here. Don't know if this is the appropriate board/thread but you guys seem to be the most Canadian of the bunch. I got here two years ago from south america (venezuela) and I really love it. I've made a lot of friends as well, really canadian guys. I don't go around throwing my previous culture, I speek english really well, I'm going to university, currently working and paying taxes, all my family (mom, dad and brother) are currently working and paying taxes. I truly respect the Canadian culture and society, and consider it my duty as an immigrant to protect and live the Canadian values. I don't think that I'm oppressed in any way for being an immigrant. My question is, are you guys against all immigration? Or just the kind that threatens your lifestyle and values? (And I totally get that). I was just wondering because, once again, I really love it here and I wanna know what a canadian anon really thinks about immigration. Thanks
>>
>>30487582
lol its not me who lives in brampton, it's the other guy who claims he's from tee oh

forrest hill represent
>>
File: trump_youhavetogoback.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
trump_youhavetogoback.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>30489144

You sound cool anon, and I appreciate that you want to respect our values and culture here. I am not against all immigration, but I am against being outbred by cultures with lower average IQ's and turning this great country into a third world shit hole where my grandchildren have to wear burqas or get raped by MS13.

Unfortunately top tier immigrants often have kids who regress to the mean of their country of origin and start emuating black gang culture. See: Surrey.

Immigration is fine but it should be a very small number of people and very strictly controlled. It should be on a "What can you do for us?" basis, not "We owe all the poor countries a high standard of living"

tl;dr don't have ten kids and make sure you raise your children to not be cunts, and I welcome you.
>>
>>30489144
I'm not by any means against immigration at all so long as shit like honor killings and the like don't come along with the new residents. Respecting our laws and the rights of our citizens is all anyone should be expected to do, weather or not they were born here or elsewhere.

I've noticed a large number of xenophobic people on most boards of this site, but that's not what I see in general when I talk to people on a day to day basis.

For example; I live in a small university town and a large number of Philippines work at the local Subway on working grants. These folks are some of nicest people i've had the pleasure of meeting and I hope they get permanent residence some day.

No one should feel threatened by immigrants unless it's causing legitimate problems, not some form of latent racism.

In other words, welcome.
>>
>>30489144
immigrants who can speak the language and support the existing community are fine in my book

immigrants who arrive here and try to annex a community to turn it into their own little slice of X home country are detrimental to canadian society, IMO.

I'm not against ethnic diversity or X country neighborhood, but people who come here just to take advantage of the benefits of organized democratic society without respecting canadian culture are just rude

eg If i moved to germany I wouldn't go on driving in any lane on the highway as is customary in canada; i would respect the local policies and drive in the right hand lane except to pass.
>>
>>30487718
yea but soviet ballistics are trash breh

no disrespect

whereas 223 is a pretty straight shooter out to 500 yards
>>
>>30488137
>buy one box
>sample it
>it works
>buy bulk pack
>????
>profit
>>
>>30489144
Listen, immigration is cool under certain conditions. My wife is one.

When it is okay is when the immigrants completely adopt the typical lifestyle of the country they're moving to (but keeping the nice quirks from their home country like their culinary tastes and whatnot)

What is NOT okay is when you have these people coming over in large groups and creating a "zone" of sorts in a city where it's like their old country. If they don't make any effort to integrate themselves into their new country then why the fuck did they move?
>>
>>30489302
I didn't buy it because I thought I could be an ebin sharpshooter. Seems like nofunz anon is going to be plinking with his gats, maybe fondling them a little, so the cheap Soviet shit is worth mentioning.
>>
>>30490018
>If they don't make any effort to integrate themselves into their new country then why the fuck did they move?

Welfare.
>>
File: 1465065103817.jpg (501 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465065103817.jpg
501 KB, 2000x1000
>>30489144
I only hate quotas for immigrants/refugees.

Immigrants should consist of people that go out of their way to market themselves as valuable additions to Canadian society. I also think that Canada should suspend its refugee programs when there is a budget deficit or a economic rescission, both of which burden Canada today.

Globalist cucks like Trudeau are obsessed with virtue signalling, and rather than making political decisions to reflect the interest of Canadians, Trudeau finds it more important to uphold his public image as a saint by importing more diversity for the sole sake of diversity. These often unskilled and uneducated immigrants end up living off welfare/benefits. When they become citizens, guess who they vote for? Obviously, they're guaranteed to vote for the party that is in favour of a welfare state: the Liberals and NDP.
>>
>>30486248
>Wanna add each other on Facebook?
Sorry don't have a normie book account. Here's a burner email i use: [email protected]

>>30489144
I'm a paki immigrant. Had to leave old country because Muslims hate everyone including each other.

Anyway, when in Rome, do as the Romans. If you want to be Canadian, then you have to accept canuck values. Canada shouldn't be conforming around you.

Also this: >>30489239
My family paid a lot of money to be here, and my dad didn't accept a single welfare check. We did odd jobs until he got his work permit, and immediately got a job.

>>30490018
This: >>30490311
And they are too stupid to see the reason their country is shit is because of their way of thinking, and they try to bring their way here.

I went to UK, London. I was told not to tell anyone i had Ahmaddia background, especially around certain neighborhoods. This is precisely why i don't like refugees and lower class immigrants.
>>
File: 1464565827550.png (1 MB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
1464565827550.png
1 MB, 1200x801
>>30490654
continuing thoughts from here:

I honestly think this country is fucked. Trudeau's father is perhaps the worst PM we had. Pierre Trudeau multiplied the national debt be a factor of 8.

He left Mulroney with a disastrous fiscal mess, a structural deficit, and a debt that gobbled up a major part of the Federal budget just to pay the interest.

It took 15 years after the senior Trudeau left office for the gov't of Chretien, using tools (NAFTA and the GST) left him by Mulroney, to put the brakes on a Trudeaupian fiscal disaster.

The legacy of Trudeau Jr. will be as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>30489144
As long as immigrants don't heavily rely on the government, speak french/English well, pay taxes, don't cause trouble and assimilate they're fine.
>>
File: IMG_20160703_164307654_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_164307654_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1456x2592
Bought a Marlin 795 for about $240. For a bargain bin rifle it's surprisingly sturdy (plastic stock notwithstanding) and accurate. Open sights and trigger are both complete garbage though. I imagine this would be a very cheap and effective rifle for someone who's just started learning how to shoot.

More importantly, it's really fucking fun. I think I'll buy a trigger kit and a 25rd mag.
>>
>>30490687
Funny his father won on the exact popularity contest his son won with.
>>
>>30469846
>That's because Canada day isn't seen as anything more than a day off. There is no such thing as a Canadian patriot.
No, it's just that Canadian patriots aren't literally carbon copies of American patriots.

>implying it's a lot of people who actually cry on the 4th of July
Considering they still have a hate-boner over Pearl Harbour, I'm hardly going to accept some Americans getting teary-eyed as some indicator that they love their country more than Canadians.
>>
File: IMG_20160703_164537262_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_164537262_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>30490738
Worth mentioning that the mag release, bolt holder, and safety are all very well-placed, but I really wish they hadn't gotten Johnny Jitters to paint the safety. What you pay is what you get, I suppose.
>>
>>30490738
That's like $100 more than it costs in the US...
>>
>>30490787
>$140 burgerbucks
>$240 maplebucks
This surprises you?
>>
File: 1466205756255.png (596 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
1466205756255.png
596 KB, 1024x600
>>30490745
Canadian patriotism does not exist. There is no culture instilled into younger generations to facilitate such patriotism, unlike the US with their flag worship, pledge of allegiance, etc.

There wouldn't even be anything notable to be patriotic about. Most immigrants don't care about Canada's past culture or history. That common indifference is not something to be proud of. It doesn't make Canada a great place like Trudeau tells us multiculturalism does.

There is nothing 'Canadian' left to defend. Nobody has a stake in this country anymore, and so patriotism is a foreign concept for such a cucked society.
>>
>>30490812
A little... I didn't think the disparity was that much again... Last time I paid attention to Canadian currency it was close to parity still...
>>
>>30490745
Americans do love their country more than Canadians.

They'll talk shit about America all they want, but as soon as a non American does it, they get defensive as shit.

It can be a extreme leftist who thinks that the right is ruining america, or a right winger who thinks the left is ruining america. Just don't tell them either is ruining america or they'll get all "What the fuck is your problem?"

Canadians have nothing to be proud of, we sold our pride when we bought multiculturalism.
>>
>>30490831
It's not quite that bad, not enough to account for the difference in price, but as far as I know these rifles don't retail at $140 USD anways unless they're on sale. Keep in mind as well, there might be export/import costs that widen the gap.
>>
>>30490875
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/marlin-model-795-22-lr-caliber-semiautomatic-rifle
I guess they went up $5 since I bought mine a couple years ago...
>>
>>30490824
>Canadian patriotism does not exist. There is no culture instilled into younger generations to facilitate such patriotism, unlike the US with their flag worship, pledge of allegiance, etc.

Well what you're asking for is (as the previous anon said) a carbon copy of the American patriot.

If you haven't quite noticed yet, the majority Canadians (both old and new) are on the passive side of things. We aren't obnoxiously vocal about our opinions on things unless you're part of the political extremes like Liberals vs Cons.

Our school system has the basic nationalist package with daily anthem singing in both English and French followed with civic education spread over a couple years in K-12.

This is reflected on how a sizable portion of gun owners are. Pretty passive, and politically ambivalent.

tl;dr : We're just passive people, and not obnoxious Trump/Shillary supporters.
>>
>>30490669
Kek, never mind then. I've wanted to move back to the States for years, maybe my love of funz will finally make me do it.
>>
>>30490967
meant for >>30490897
>>
>>30490018
>>30489270
>>30489282
>all these people talking about the 'Chinatown' phenomenon
It's not that I don't agree with you that it's bad, but historically those sorts of neighborhoods end up being created because those people are being excluded by the society they immigrated to, and not because they chose to isolate themselves.

>>30490742
Also funny how noone blames Mulrooney for the rampant inflation under his government that was caused by him ordering the mint to just print more fucking money. Somehow that's Trudeau's fault too.
>>
>>30490824
>>30490865
>don't mention anything about multiculturalism
>get repeatedly told that multiculturalism is what's wrong with Canada and why Canadians aren't patriotic enough
Broken record much? Noone even mentioned immigrants.

>unlike the US with their flag worship, pledge of allegiance, etc.
Thank you, but I don't need childhood indoctrination of mindless jingoism and a belief that my country can do no wrong, to be a patriot.

>common indifference
It's called being solemn and dignified, something I'm setting aside right now to point out how much of a fucking idiot you are.

If anyone doesn't understand what it means to be a Canadian Patriot, it's you two.
>>
File: Canada C8 FTHS.jpg (513 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
Canada C8 FTHS.jpg
513 KB, 2448x1836
>>30489282
>If i moved to germany I wouldn't go on driving in any lane on the highway as is customary in canada; i would respect the local policies and drive in the right hand lane except to pass.

Uhh, hate to break it to you, but it's the same here in Canada (For Ontario it is, not sure about your province) and not customary.

Leftmost lane is the passing lane and not the "fast lane" as commonly known, it should be left open for passing. Slow traffic is legally required to use the right lane.

-Sauce: Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Should be almost the same province to province.

Don't know how you thought driving in any lane is customary here, maybe refresh your knowledge a bit m8ty.
>>
>>30470102
The Vz has a wider range of furniture choices from Zahal. The T97 has the Flat Top Upper (FTU) and Lower Hand Guard (LHG, which also includes an improved trigger) modules that improve the ergonomics and let you add more accessories. The T97 is finnicky about what magazines it will work with, and it varies for each rifle (some will work well with .50 beowulf magazines, others will have issues seating/feeding/getting stuck). There is the magwell adapter for the .223 Vz that will let you use your beowulf magazines, but I've also heard those have feed issues as well. Also, the adapters I've seen (from Zahal) recommend you only use steel magazines. If you go with a 7.62x39 Vz, there are adapters for that as to, you can now use 10 round 7.62x39 XCR pistol magazines.
>>
>>30490983
>It's not that I don't agree with you that it's bad, but historically those sorts of neighborhoods end up being created because those people are being excluded by the society they immigrated to, and not because they chose to isolate themselves.

That was only true for the Chinese, because they where treated pretty shit. Modern Brown people (mostly), love to isolate themselves. Go to midland and Lawrence, it's little south asia. No one is being racist or whatever and isolating them. They're choosing to do it themselves.

>Broken record much? Noone even mentioned immigrants.
If you think immigrants aren't a problem, you're retarded. They're almost always the ones behind social issues, with immigration policies, welfare policies, and so on.

>Thank you, but I don't need childhood indoctrination of mindless jingoism and a belief that my country can do no wrong, to be a patriot.
It's not about your country can do no wrong, it's that no matter what it's your country. Canadians don't see that at all, most of the country wants to be another country.

And that's reasonable, cos Canadian culture isn't even really a known thing. As far as most people, Canadian and world wide are concerned, we're either America lite or UK lite.

>If anyone doesn't understand what it means to be a Canadian Patriot, it's you two.
Oh please great Canadian patriot, tell me about Canadian patriotism. Is it sitting around while 'refugee children' harass female students? Or brown people demand gender segregation? Or the police cover up crimes committed by minorities to not damage the multicultural narrative?

>>30491077
>Left lane is passing lane
While this is true, it's hard to follow this rule. Roads are too crowded and all that. Only time you have to even remember it is when you do your driving tests.
>>
>>30490967
I'd move if I could. Fucking American immigration laws work against us.
>>
>>30491155
>Is it sitting around while 'refugee children' harass female students? Or brown people demand gender segregation? Or the police cover up crimes committed by minorities to not damage the multicultural narrative?
Speaking of narratives, funny you don't mention that most of the Syrian refugees are not only extremely grateful that we took them in, and instead focus on sexual harassment like it's something commonplace. Pretty much all of them paid for their own fucking plane tickets here, they're hardly doing that to mooch of us, or generally be trouble.

>Or the police cover up crimes committed by minorities to not damage the multicultural narrative?
Not saying it never happened, but you're a fool if you think it's commonplace. They certainly don't shy away from reporting who did what here in Halifax.

>it's that no matter what it's your country
I dunno, brown people and libruls seem to be enough for you and some the other 'patriotic' folks in this thread to give up on Canada.
>>
>>30487871
Where are you doing hunters ed?
>>
>>30490734
>french/English
You mean English, the superior language. Let the Qwebecker types have their pocket of linguistic retardation, just make sure you speak English well. And I mean well, not "HERRO MAHY AH TAK UR ORDAH"-tier like most of the TFW-tier garbage foreigners here.
>>
>>30491155
>Is it sitting around while 'refugee children' harass female students?
This isn't Sweden where they let some dude with a 5 o'clock shadow and a deep voice say he's 11 years old. We cherry-picked 25,000 people and brought them over here. They're not going to be a problem.
>>
File: T97 FTU + LHG.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
T97 FTU + LHG.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
>>30491144
Here's a T97 with both the flat top upper and lower hand guard modules installed (unfinished of course). The FTU makes the charging handle non-reciprocating (the stock T-97 is reciprocating), but there's also no forward assist.
>>
>>30491268
Except its already happening.
>For the rebel media "News" story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXc05jpB9s

>For the ATIP where they got their information. If you feel like skimming some 2700 pages.
https://www.scribd.com/document/317231136/NB-Anglo-SB-FOI-Refugees-Watermarked
>>
>>30491077
What optic is that?
>>
>>30491407
Elcan c79
>>
>>30491361
>Non-reciprocating
Garbage. Wonder if a garage tweak could fix that.
>>
>>30491218
>b-but they paid for their own plane tickets
And we're paying for their welfare, in many cases housing (i know because my college is part of the effort), they get tax breaks, help paying bills and all the shit. We're spending $876.7 million dollars from 2015-2016.

Plus they have good Samaritan help all around to get them on their feet, my college raised 10000 dollars for a family of 5.

>Not saying it never happened
I does happen, and more than you think: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8786486&fileId=S0829320100000375

Also Toronto banned publishing crime and race comparison: http://web4.uwindsor.ca/users/t/tanovich/bio.nsf/9d019077a3c4f6768525698a00593654/ec3f74d0bbc63db285256eb6004d2cfb/$FILE/eracial.pdf

>I dunno, brown people and libruls seem to be enough for you and some the other 'patriotic' folks in this thread to give up on Canada.
I haven't given up on Canada, why do you think i'm arguing with you? If i had given up, i would have moved to America when Trudeau was elected.

I like Canada, it's more relaxed than America and i paid a lot of money to be here. I don't want it going to shit in my life time.

>>30491268
>They're not going to be a problem.
Haha, they already are. http://www.therebel.media/halifax_refugee_students_abuse_and_choke_young_girls_while_shouting_muslims_rule_the_world_report
>>
>>30489144
I'm an Asian immigrant myself, turned Canadian citizen.

I don't give a crap what immigrants do in the privacy of their own homes, or in privately owned establishments.

I think all public/government services should be in the official languages. If you wanna get a driver's license, speak English or French. If you need help from the police, speak English or French. There should be no Mandarin, Punjabi, or Spanish options. I don't give a crap what privately owned businesses do. If a restaurant wants to serve customers in Mandarin, that's the owner's prerogative.

As for how the locals should behave towards immigrants, that is up to them. Creating laws on hate speech and affirmative action does not help the immigrants at all. If anything, these laws generate animosity.

While I would prefer that no white Canadian calls me a "gook," a "chink," or a "faggot," I don't think it should be illegal. Making this type of speech illegal won't make them any less bigoted. Y'all can say whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you promise not to hang me from a tree.

Also, affirmative action really needs to be done away with. The colour of my skin is not a fucking disability, and I don't want anybody hiring me because of it. I've worked my ass off to get where I am, and a white man competing for the same position worked just as hard to get there. If you're gonna hire me over him, at least have a legitimate reason.

That's my zero cents on the matter (because we've discontinued the penny, and the total of of $0.02 rounds down to $0.00).
>>
File: Nechbeard thumbs up.gif (472 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
Nechbeard thumbs up.gif
472 KB, 500x200
>>30491524
>That's my zero cents on the matter (because we've discontinued the penny, and the total of of $0.02 rounds down to $0.00).
You're a cool chink, faggot.

Also you can over time get free gas by filling to XX.02 so you get 0.2 cents free gas.
>>
>>30490687
>Trudeau's father is perhaps the worst PM we had
are you fucking retarded

trudeau created the constitution act 1982. i'm not going to go into all the reasons why this is probably one of the most important things to happen to canada in the 20th century, but you can trust me that it's a lot. you need to educate yourself kid

>>30491077
"any lane may be designated for slowly moving traffic, traffic moving in a particular direction or classes or types of vehicles and, despite section 141, where a lane is so designated and official signs indicating the designation are erected, every driver shall obey the instructions on the official signs. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 154 (1); 2015, c. 14, s. 45."

how about you quit talking out of your ass; there are no laws in any province regarding lane use except those regarding carpool lanes and (in some jurisdictions) commerical vehicles

whereas in germany you can actually be cited for driving in the passing lane. due to the somewhat unregulated speed limits, slow vehicles obstructing high speed lanes are actually dangerous.

-sauce: worked in a cp's office prosecuting traffic offences when i was in school

>mfw you just got btfo
>>
>>30491620
http://tranbc.ca/2015/06/15/keep-right-let-others-pass-law-is-now-official-on-bc-highways/
>>
>>30491444
I don't think it would be such a good idea with the FTU, because the module also relocates the charging handle from the top of the rifle to the left side. If you made it reciprocating it would be flying back toward your face every time you shot it. Personally I'd find that very disconcerting. It's not an issue with the stock T97 because the charging handle is inside the carry handle/rear sight.

If it really bothers you you can always just get a lower hand guard module and keep the standard upper receiver.
>>
>>30480530
>>30481615
>>30482551
Different Newfie here, y'at by's?
>>
>>30475108

Which one did you go to?
>>
>>30491620
>"any lane may be designated for slowly moving traffic, traffic moving in a particular direction or classes or types of vehicles and, despite section 141, where a lane is so designated and official signs indicating the designation are erected, every driver shall obey the instructions on the official signs. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 154 (1); 2015, c. 14, s. 45."

Are you fucking retarded? Re-read that piece of law again. That's for designated lanes only WITH designated signage.

See where it says

> and, despite section 141, where a lane is so designated and official signs indicating the designation are erected, every driver shall obey the instructions on the official signs

147 still applies, but you should follow the signage that sets the designation. That's just what 154 says, doesn't automatically mean you can drive in the passing lane fucktard.

>https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK236

147. (1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).

Exception
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a driver of a,
(a) vehicle while overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction;
(b) vehicle while preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway;
(c) road service vehicle; or
(d) bicycle in a lane designated under subsection 153 (2) for travel in the opposite direction of traffic. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (2); 2015, c X, s. 41.

>how about you quit talking out of your ass; there are no laws in any province regarding lane use except those regarding carpool lanes and (in some jurisdictions) commerical vehicles

Lrn2read dumbass, you barely read what you wrote.

>mfw you just got btfo
Right back at ya. Unionized CP fuckface.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.