[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /k/'s opinion on unregistered weapons? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: lower.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lower.jpg
70 KB, 1024x768
What's /k/'s opinion on unregistered weapons?

I'm noguns atm but I dont really want to be on a list somewhere, so I'm considering getting an 80% AR-15 lower and the stuff to finish it off.
>>
>>30461315
The only people on /k/ that are pro registration are faggots visiting from reddit, high schoolers who decided to check out 4chins, or trolls.

Registration is shit and it does absolutely nothing useful. It only ever serves as a future government mass confiscation list.
>>
the vast majority of /k/s weapons are unregistered
>>
>>30461351
I know you guys don't like registration, I just figured I could get some tips or recommendations really
>>
Unregistered is the best kind of registered. That said, if you're somewhere it's mandatory, do it. Better to have guns that the government knows about than have them find out and remove them.
>>
File: 1776.png (71 KB, 592x554) Image search: [Google]
1776.png
71 KB, 592x554
Only commie states have actual registrations. Everywhere else just has a form 4473 (stays with the gun dealer) and a NICS background check.
>>
>>30461315
considering that you generally don't need to register weapons in the US outside of NFA stuff or in specific states/cities; it probably doesn't even fucking matter.
>>
>>30461409
> specific states

well....
>>
>>30461409
>considering that you generally don't need to register weapons in the US outside of NFA stuff or in specific states/cities; it probably doesn't even fucking matter.

The 4473 form goes on file at the ATF though right?
>>
>>30461484
No. It's kept at the store in which its filled out for like 20 years. The ATF can audit the docs whenever they want, but at most they can only prove you bought/attempted to buy a particular gun at a particular store.
>>
>>30461315
I think it's a good investment at this point. Buy the lower and all parts in face to face transactions and pay cash, so that there is no metadata resulting therefrom.
>>
>>30461549
yeah.. that's gonna be a pain but ok
>>
>>30461508
>filled out for like 20 years
Refresh my memory: what happens then? Does it get destroyed or go to Big Brother for loving archival?
>>
>>30461484
no, it stays with the dealer. the BATFE can demand a copy of a specific 4473 with a court order. otherwise nothing.
>>
>>30461508
>store in which its filled out for like 20 years
for the duration of the FFL's license. when the license expires, they are all to be shipped to the BAFTE we keep it for 20 (pre 1996) or 5 years.
>>
File: 1466489555239.jpg (25 KB, 532x270) Image search: [Google]
1466489555239.jpg
25 KB, 532x270
>>30461561
Dealer discretion, after 20 years the dealer can destroy it if they wish, or give it to the BATFE and have them destroy it (they have been found on a few occasions to keep the ones given to them and made their own little registry, and got sued over iirc)
I know a gun shop I used to work at that still has their forms that go back to the 60's, the owner doesn't trust the ATF so he just keeps them. Pretty based.
>>
>>30461561
>go to Big Brother for loving archival

This is what the guy at Dunhams told me. He also said that if their store ever closes they will have to send all of their 4473 forms to the ATF
>>
>>30461315
The more unregistered the better. If you want to play on nightmare mode buy it in person with cash. Also don't order any gun shit online, if there's ever a happening that's the second place they will look, after the FFL logs.
>>
>>30461802
where can i buy 80% lowers in kommiefornia with cash
>>
>>30461809
A gun show, or a gun shop that sells them. Call around and ask.
>>
>>30461315
Does /k/ believe that buying a firearm in states with no gun registration is the same as building a ghost gun from an 80% lower?

I know that there can still be background checks, and a federal registration could kind of happen by listing people who have had a background check from an FFL. But if the feds wanted to know something, they would find out anyways.

I know someone who works in the "business", and we were talking about "Brand New" guns. He told me that most guns that are "Brand New" from the factory are fired twice. Once to make sure that they work, and the second time is so that the company can send the round and the casing to the (ATF/FBI/feds) so that they can have them for forensics.

Well apparently these rounds and casings sent to the feds are pretty much completely ignored if not disposed of or destroyed. If they don't just throw them away they are usually filed off in huge batches, a lot of these batches are saved because the guns in question were sold to FFL's in California, and for some reason they like to keep those on file. But for most other places he told me that most guns are not kept on record by the government. Another group of guns that are kept on record are ones sold to law enforcement.

What really happens is that the manufacturer is required to keep them on record, and if a firearm is used in a crime that is worth their time to investigate, the feds will go through them to trace the gun. And even then it can take a while to trace them. I'm not saying that most guns are ghost guns, just that they don't really get registered to an owner until AFTER something happens.

Think of Operation Fast and Furious, one of the guns from that was used in the Paris shootings. I guarantee that tracing that thing wasn't point and click.
>>
>>30461933
Yeah, for the hardened serial killer it's no big deal but it's the average citizen who is at risk in a kristalnacht-style confiscation.

Besides any new gun can be directly linked to the owner, since all the FBI has to do is call the MFG who will look up which FFL it was sold to. Buying used muddies the water but as long as you are buying from an FFL the government will find you out if they really want to.
>>
>>30461933
>fired twice
Fuck off with this shitty rumor. That guy in the business is a chem trail believing retard.
>>
File: ATF.jpg (109 KB, 1024x629) Image search: [Google]
ATF.jpg
109 KB, 1024x629
>>30461654
If it goes to the ATF, it gets archived. Bound books too.

They spend millions of taxpayer dollars on state of the art digital scanning hardware every year.

Pic related, ATF agent scanning 4473's for the permanent digital archive.

Protip: Whenever an FFL is "audited"(once a year for high traffic FFL's) their bound books are scanned by handheld digital scannners so they can look the records over without interrupting business at the FFL for more than a few days.
>>
>>30465104
The ATF also has wormed their way into getting a permanent digital archive of all FBI NICS background checks via cross agency cooperation.
The letter of the law only stated the FBI NICS system had to remove records of a approved transfer, NOT the ATF.
They wont openly admit to this though.
>>
File: Disney land holdout weapons.jpg (464 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
Disney land holdout weapons.jpg
464 KB, 1600x1064
>>30461315
>What's /k/'s opinion on unregistered weapons?

The vast majority of firearms in the US aren't registered to jack shit. Few states have any registration and the ones that do usually only track handguns. You can likely just go buy whatever you want and not be on a registry, especially if it's a long gun.

>>30461351
Sperg much?
>>
>>30465104
>millions on state of the art scanning hardware.
>Posts picture of average all-in-one office printer in a cluttered office.
>>
>>30461315
Living in one of said states that 0 regi
Feels good man
>>
File: scanning ATF.jpg (364 KB, 1284x1388) Image search: [Google]
scanning ATF.jpg
364 KB, 1284x1388
>>30465439
They have more than one

They publicly stated that 2 million documents a month are scanned into digital form with their current capabilities.
>>
>>30461315
Why would you care about being on a list when you already have the gun

>>30461362
underrated post
>>
File: wristband.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wristband.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>30465576
That wristband looks familiar
>>
>>30465104
>>30465576
God just looking at pictures of the ATF doing their commie shit makes my blood boil
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.