[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whos the best SFG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: Seven_Green_berets.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Seven_Green_berets.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
I would say the 5th.

They seem to be the most accomplished as far as battle tested goes with Vietnam and Afghanistan.

and this guy went to highschool with me.

http://www.benjaminschweitzer.com/

Discuss, share stories.
>>
Delta is best obv
>>
>>30460521

Dont be a goof
>>
I've often heard that the ones in 1st and 7th are shit for some reason. 10th and 5th are always mentioned in high regard.
>>
>>30460468
10th. Eurocom does shit, theyve been in the balkans, and had to fuck with the russians before, who are fucking OP.

>>30460521
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>30460577

site sources
>>
>>30460609
... are you serious?
>>
>>30460630

Ive never heard of any SF activity with the russians. Just that theyre trained to take on Spetsnaz
>>
RLTW?

:D
>>
Someone post that sticky about the SF group in Africa that called in air bc baboons were charging them.
>>
File: PAG20050209D2812.jpg (460 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
PAG20050209D2812.jpg
460 KB, 1000x664
>>
they guys that got out to work $100,000+ a year jobs as PMCs or VIP security.
>>
>>30460468
Ok, I see they all have distinct beret patches.

Who are each of these and what's their speciality?

I read the filename, don't give me shit.
>>
>>30460802
each patch is for a different area of responsibility, or group. One group covers Europe, one Africa, On South America, One Asia, etc. etc.
>>
>>30460682
SF guy in Azerbaijan disguised as a Russian.
>>
File: cold war.jpg (40 KB, 325x609) Image search: [Google]
cold war.jpg
40 KB, 325x609
>>30460682
>>30460609

"10th Special Forces' involvement grew steadily throughout 1993 and into 1994 to include support to 11 attaches and 10 Military Liaison Teams, in a total of 17 countries. These countries included Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Sovakia, Slovenia, and Ukraine. By the end of 1994, 10th Special Forces had conducted over 35 missions in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union."

-http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/10sfg.htm

Theres plenty more but thats the fastest thing I found. From what Ive heard the russian guys are crazy. Theyre troublesome to deal with because they take unnecessary risks, making them unpredictable. Also theyre tough as nails
>>
File: kill_bin_laden_book.jpg (258 KB, 709x1100) Image search: [Google]
kill_bin_laden_book.jpg
258 KB, 709x1100
>>30460609
read a book
>>
>>30460840
>>30460887
>>30460916

Shit niggers I meant actual combat not man from U.N.C.L.E. spy bullshit.
>>
TRANNYS

thats all i'll fucking say.
>>
>>30460829
Sounds refined and organized.

Is there any group that stands above the rest? In terms of completed objectives, historic presence, or just professionalism characterized.
>>
>>30461009

Did you miss OPs post?
>>
>>30460975
The US hasnt had an open war with the ruskies since the World Wars. However, its not uncommon to be aware of combat situations that have taken place between the two nations despite the supposed claims that nothing has gone on. These arent just spy missions, its not as if a drop of blood hasnt been spilt.
>>
>>30461030
I did not, though I was asking someone who may have been other than OP, for more insight, hoping to be spoonfed as well.
>>
>>30461009
No theyve all passed through the same shit, and have the same objective, group assignments are based on how you look physicaklly ( if you can blend into another culture ), and your score of the language aptitude test, and the subsequent language you learned. The only thing that arguably stands above is CAG, or DELTA, or whatever you want to call them. But no one knows why they exist, or what they look for in soldiers, not all members are even SF. So it may just be a specialized group, not necessarily better.
>>
Best in which regard?
1st group has the highest retention rate among members and if I'm not mistaken the lowest casualty rate. 5th and 7th are the worst which leads to a lot of junior guys. From what I hear, being at 5th group is absolute shit because of how things are ran.
1st has the largest AO and is always busy, and receives a lot of the combat missions in the middle east.
If there's any group to choose to be a part of, it's 1st. I can't complain.
>>
>>30461082

When a girl went missing around here some years back the forrest service had special forces come in and help search. They never found her, and they claimed she mustve just gotten lost.

You get how fucked up that is right?

>serching for woman but still bring weapons and full kit.
>>
>>30461138
>ssing around here some years back the forrest service had special forces come in and help search. They never found her, and they claimed she mustve just gotten lost.
>You get how fucked up that is right?
>>serching for woman but still bring weapons and full kit.

Its actually not to crazy. I dont know the exact situation, but you couldve been dealing with armed kidnappers, drug lords, crime rings, etc etc., thats the only reason I can think of to be kitted out, and its not all that crazy.

But I again, I dont know the area
>>
>>30461082
>based on looks
While that's somewhat true, it is far from reality. Yes, most Asian sf guys end up at 1st group and Hispanic at 7th, but it's a conglomerate of all races everywhere. People go to certain groups because of their language -- not looks. It just happens that Asian guys pick Asian languages and Spanish speakers choose a language they already know. But even that doesn't hold 100% true because there are guys that speak Russian and other languages at first and whatnot. It just happens that way.
>>
>>30461195
I think you misunderstand. You dont get to pick, you are selected. Based on your aptitude you are assigned a language, in conjunction with your race.

But you do NOT get a choice. They take what they need, where they need them. You are more likely to be chosen for AFRICOM if you arent 98% Irish. You still need to be able to penetrate the society, develop strong ties to the community and have the capacity to subvert the nation.

If you are unable to perform the primary task of SF despite the fact that its not very common any more, it defeats the purpose.
>>
>>30461106
>>30461194
>>30461195

are you?
>>
>>30461082
>group assignments are based on how you look physicaklly ( if you can blend into another culture )

no it's not. that's racist and discriminatory. you can find every color and ethnicity in every group.
>>
>>30461082
>But no one knows why they exist
>not all members are even SF

elaborate on this please.
>>
>>30461377
Well DELTA force, or CAG (Combat Arms Group), is one of those things that exists, but doesnt officially exist. Yes, it has SF guys in it, but it also has rangers and it also has paratroopers. People handpicked from every part of the army, based on 'some' criteria, that people dont know about. You can read a book or something, or talk to some enlisted people if theyve run into them, but no one really has a clear idea of what they do, and why they get selected
>>
>>30461264
you can have a preference to what group to be assigned to after you've graduated sfqc. where are you hearing that soldiers are assigned based on race?
>>
>>30461418
Ive read a few books on the subject and my uncle was in 10th group during the balkan conflict.

I cant find any direct citation of my claim, so I guess you dont have any reason to believe me on an anonymous imageboard.

Can you find any sources saying you get a choice?
>>
File: chosen soldier.jpg (86 KB, 323x499) Image search: [Google]
chosen soldier.jpg
86 KB, 323x499
>>30461832
dick couch talked about it in his book. everyone can a pick a preference. it's just not guaranteed. same with seal teams and regular army units.
>>
>>30461264
Haha. Dude, I am telling you from first hand experience. And I did get to pick. I selected my language to end up at 1st group because that's where I wanted to go. There are black dudes here, Mexicans, white guys etc. People aren't picked to go to groups that they look like they fit in. That isn't on a level like sf. Even if you look Asian doesn't mean you'll blend in or be more accepted in Asian countries. The fact that you are a green beret will make your partner force do whatever for you, not because you're the same race.
>>
>>30461040
they did shoot down our spy plane over moscow, and it was an international incident.

Shit from what I have heard minor things popped off all the time.
>>
>>30462513
right? you just don t hear a lot about it, but its there if you look.
>>30462063
Good choice in books, I have chosen soldier on my bookshelf right next to me. But despite preference, you could argue your superiors dont really care if you want 3rd group, if they need you in 5th.

>>30462334
And yeah, that sounds great and all but stolen valour is x100000 when talking about SF. So I'm not really gonna put a lot of weight to the words of someone anonymously claiming to be SF. If you are, thats great, but more likely youre not, so what you had to say would be meaningless too
>>
5th has the best beret flash and they were breddy cool guys when I worked with them, 10th is cool too.
>>
>>30462334
>you are a green beret will make your partner force do whatever for you

Yeah, and thats also not true. If you did go through Robin Sage shouldve taught you that. I've heard some really gripping stories from family about what they went through in pineland, so you would know that what you just said isnt right.
>>
>>30463400
I concur with 10th, working with them right now and they're the coolest fucking dudes to chill with.
>>
>>30461411
This is wrong, you can go to CAG selection if you've been SF for a minute, it's not that fucking hard. It's only a 6 month course.
>>
>>30463449
i don't know...that attrition rate looks pretty rough.
>>
>>30460468
Was 3/75 and LRS. Worked with Navy and Air Force Special Operations. Funny how that works I trained with SEALs but worked with Air Force Combat Controllers on the battlefield. I liked the SEALs but I was unimpressed with the Air Force joes. They were pogues. Lazy, sit-back motherfuckers.
>>
The only interaction I had with green beanies was EIB. I was a mere PFC in the 82nd Airborne (2nd Brigade) and I held class, teaching them how to disarm an M21 anti-tank mine. I was fairly proud of that.
>>
My neighbors brother was in the 3rd.

"From the rest come the best." was all he ever said about it.
>>
File: Pararescue.training_exercise.jpg (828 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
Pararescue.training_exercise.jpg
828 KB, 2100x1500
PJs are cool.
>>
They get shot to save other guys. Constantly.

Honestly it's really kinda dumb how many of them have died saving other people. Guess they wanted to help, though. They're also all trained EMTs, combat divers and parchutists.
>>
>>30460916
kill "bin laden"
>>
>>30460468
I was commo support in 10th, we rotated with 5th for J6 in Iraq every six months or so.

Every. Fucking. Time. We got back shit was broken and left for us to fix. The camp range? We never had any incidents, and could go at any time, shoot as much as we wanted to, and even trusted each other enough to go check targets without cease-fire as long as there was an empty lane of separation. While 5th group had it people ended up getting shot on the range, so we came back to a bunch of bullshit rules added on, like you have to wear armor and need an NCO with you.
>>
>>30465094

knew they committed a shitload or war crimes in Nam. Didnt think they were still looked at as the bad apple group.
>>
>>30465123
I'm not saying the SF guys in 5th are bad, just that their support guys caused a lot of extra work and headaches for us.
>>
>>30465123
Also, technically it was the National Guard unit base defense that caused the range problems, but they only seemed to happen during 5th's tours.

The one where people got shot ended up getting it changed so only Combat Arms units got that rotation.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.