[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good options for car carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: car holster.jpg (31 KB, 564x439) Image search: [Google]
car holster.jpg
31 KB, 564x439
What are good options for car carry
>>
File: car interior red passenger.jpg (74 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
car interior red passenger.jpg
74 KB, 640x360
Also would a holster in the passenger console area (red) be practical? It would keep the gun out of sight and wouldn't pop up above the center console
>>
>>30459089
Isn't this type of thing wicked illegal in most states? I thought you have to have it in the trunk or locked up
>>
>>30459579
It's legal in Washingguns as long as you have a WA driver's license and Concealed Pistol License. Car carry is considered CC.
>>
>>30459110
As long as the passenger has a CCW permit.

>>30459579
Really just depends on the state, but in most states you just need a CCW permit, although some don't even require that much.
>>
>>30459110
I had one there in my last car. Worked well.
>>
I get the idea behind it, but I'd be really uncomfortable with that setup if I were ever pulled over. You never know if the cop is going to be cool with it or if he's going to pull you out of the car at gunpoint to "resolve" it, even in gun-friendly states.
>>
Optimal for drive bys
>>
>>30459832
Yeah some cops are complete plebs when it comes to firearm situations, its like they have no confidence in themselves.
>>
File: the-supremes.jpg (156 KB, 625x430) Image search: [Google]
the-supremes.jpg
156 KB, 625x430
>>30459089
Brother, carry a shotgun and be thankful.
>>
None. You might get road rage and kill someone
>>
>>30459579
Don't even need a carry license to do this in GA.
>>
File: armordillo-6-7.jpg (54 KB, 640x216) Image search: [Google]
armordillo-6-7.jpg
54 KB, 640x216
>>30459089
>What are good options for car carry

a gun.

on your person.
>>
>>30460777
I don't have a person yet, im not even married. Also nice jackpot
>>
>>30459579
Here in the future Republic of Texas you can legally carry in your car if its out of plain sight. Considered part of the Castle Doctrine I think
>>
>>30460798
Oh but I forgot to add that a huge part of the TX population works in the oil industry and most companies don't allow you to carry in your vehicle.
>>
>>30459089

Compact pistol in your person
Full size pistol in the console
Shotgun under back passenger seats
Rifle in trunk
>>
File: 1434093456063.jpg (89 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1434093456063.jpg
89 KB, 640x640
>>30459089
Ur butt
>>
>>30459089
>What are good options for car carry
IWB/OWB at 3 or 9 o'clock, chest holster, tanker holster, shoulder holster
>>
>>30460827

>>Compact pistol in your person
>>in your person
>> IN

In all seriousness if you have a CC permit and carry ON your person thats ok right? I always was told / assumed it was.

In KY you can have a gun in any FACTORY installed compartment of the car and it not be "concealed" but i thought if youh ave it in a NON factory spot (IE On you) then its technically concealed and you have to have the CCW
>>
>>30460814
>fingerprints for CWP
>no OC until 2016
>51% laws
>legally enforceable private gun free zones
Texas confirmed for cuck-tier
>>
>>30460881

In nc, if you have a concealed carry permit, you can carry your gun on your person and anywhere in the car. If you don't have a permit, you can't put your gun anywhere "easily accessible" in your car.

So, if you have a ccp, you can put your gun in the seat next to you, if you don't have a ccp, the safest place to put it is in your trunk.

It's up the officer to determine what is "easily accessible" if you get pulled over.

Tl;dr if you have a ccp, who cares, if you don't, put it in the trunk
>>
>>30459089
I carry between my legs, if I get pulled over I'd just throw it under the seat
>>
File: Texas.jpg (193 KB, 971x1231) Image search: [Google]
Texas.jpg
193 KB, 971x1231
>>30460882
>no OC until 2016
uh its the current year
>>
>>30460798
>caring what a company thinks
private property is private property they can fuck off, I doubt they'd check
>>
>>30459579
In Colorado you can conceal or carry a pistol any way you like inside a car because it's an extension of your home.
>>
>>30459579
Shit in Illinois you can have a loaded gun on your car as long as you have a cc license
>>
Anyone in fl can answer me this? I always carry gun in glove compartment with no holster i just put the gun I'm there and close the thing.

Florida law seds as long as it's in a secured compartment, zipper bag, holster with the snap or a box with lid it's legal basically anything with a snap or zipper or button u need to press.

Well I took ccw class to get my certificate and the in structure told me what I was doing was illegal and could get arrested if officer was to stop and search.

Is he right? How is it not a secured area since u need to pull tab to open the compartment to reach for the gun.

I rly don't like the idea of having to open compartment and then take gun away from holster when I can just have it without the holster.
>>
File: Battle Of The Bulge.jpg (88 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
Battle Of The Bulge.jpg
88 KB, 500x468
>>30461095
>I carry between my legs
>>
>>30462502
>dressing your holster to the left

what a chode
>>
>>30462425
You are fine. Naked gun in glove compartment is common and accepted. A lot of gun people are ill-informed, ignorant, stubborn, and just plain stupid. CCW instructors are selected from this pool.
>>
>>30462578
I actually dress to the left, I find it very uncomfortable and almost un-natural to dress to the right.

I didn't know people actually dress to the right.
>>
>>30462615
I beg your God damn pardon. LOTS of people dress to the right. It's PERFECTLY WITHIN THE NORMAL RANGE OF HUMAN -- uh -- DRESSING HABITS TO DRESS TO THE RIGHT. ANIMALS IN NATURE DO IT ALL THE TIME.

Fag.
>>
>>30462615
lefties probably hang right, assuming they use their left hand. Still seems awkward though, with a right handed fly.
>>
File: Shark.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Shark.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>30462641
>Animals in nature do it all the time
You would know, shark-fucker
>>
>>30461125
Problem is company vehicles aren't considered your property...because it isn't.

and companies do check, though it's been rare for me. I wear coveralls anyway so I could fit a decent sized carry weapon in my pockets
>>
>>30459089

this is one of three situations where a shoulder holster is actually really comfortable, really practical, and really usable
>>
>>30459089
Makarov goes with everything
>>
>>30462578
>>30462615
>>30462641
>>30462665

I dress to the middle. I wear boxer briefs that keep it from flopping about and I wear my pants low enough that it doesn't force me to pick a side. don't need to look like a nigger, but wearing just below the hips makes sure I don't crush anything.
>>30462660
>>
>>30462665
>tiger shark
>"what the fuck is this seal doing....? WHAT? It has 4 tails, and two are holding my mouth shut?!?"
>>
>>30459110
>out of sight
From the left side of the car yess but not from the other side. If you mount the gun like >>30459089 no one will see it as long as you sit in the car
If i understand the concept correct you will put the gun in the car holster when you enter the car
>>
>>30459089

>Only carrying one gun on you at a time

This is why you always shoulder holster a gun for driving and hip carry for if you need to draw more obscurely from a standing position.
>>
>>30459958
Somebody get this faggot out of here.

>personal responsibility
>>
>>30460882
>>legally enforceable private gun free zones

While it is a bad idea, its private property anon. Property owners can use their property however they see fit.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.