[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the things I hear about a lot on /k/ when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: ZoreParts.png (150 KB, 1772x1124) Image search: [Google]
ZoreParts.png
150 KB, 1772x1124
One of the things I hear about a lot on /k/ when it comes to the implementation of Smart Gun technology is that the purpose of a home defense firearm is the fact that it's simple and the risk of malfunctioning during an emergency is rather low. Whereas, if you had a smartgun and you incorporate more technological factors into the mix the risk steadily increases. Well, a group of Israeli Special Force Operatives just invented a manual lock that requires a code that you can enter with a few quick swipes of your finger to keep your weapons safe from the use of your toddlers/blundering wives. Better yet, if someone attempts to tamper with your weapon it'll send you a message via a communicator to let you know. However they assure that not using the communicator will not affect the overall usage of the lock.

It can be unlocked in UNDER two seconds and it's a rather cheap piece of hardware. Would /k/ consider owning one of these? I'm seriously considering one because of the fact that my toddler has gotten into my weapon safe because of my wife before and I want as many hindrances to him accidentally shooting himself as possible.
>>
>>30456073
You know what else works really well to keep toddlers from reaching things? Putting them more than two fucking feet off the ground.
>>
>>30456107

Doesn't work well for me because my son's quite the little climber. He's been known to climb entire book shelves while I'm at work and my wife just isn't paying attention to reach something that's peaked his interest.
>>
>>30456127
>peaked

Maybe you should tell your wife to get off of facebook and pay attention to your two year old.
>>
>>30456146
i thought for a second you were going to tell him he used the wrong word for piqued
>>
>>30456146

Interesting suggestion, but that's not the topic of discussion at the moment. Right now we're discussing the viability of these locks seeing as they take less than two seconds to remove and don't affect the usability of the weapon in an emergency.
>>
You can fuck right off with that smart safety shit.
I would never purchase one, and companies that manufacture these devices should go bankrupt since they would inevitably be legislated for use.
>>
>>30456164
It's still adding more points of failure. It still doesn't really do anything a normal trigger lock doesn't.Your kid is like two, just don't leave a round in the chamber, it's not like he's strong enough to rack the slide.
>>
>>30456186

But it doesn't even qualify as a "smart" device, I'm beginning to wonder if you're informed enough to even be talking about this topic to begin with?
>>
File: 10438587.jpg (28 KB, 639x407) Image search: [Google]
10438587.jpg
28 KB, 639x407
>>30456073
>toddler
you fell for the breeding meme, ha!
>>
>>30456073
>It can be unlocked in UNDER two seconds
in two seconds, a average human bean can cover 15m
>>
>>30456073
My daddy would just slap me every time I came near the guns. It got to the point he'd leave them on the tables in the open to try and teach little me about gun safety. If I so much as looked at it he would slap me right across my face.

It worked pretty well for me. You might give it a shot.
>>
>>30456260

>Leave my gun next to his fucking sippy cup on the table
>Goes to touch gun because he's a fucking baby
>Slap him

I don't think you're being serious but I still kekk'd heartily thank you.
>>
>>30456073
Quick access safes exist and let you store the gun loaded with a round chambered.
>>
>>30456073
Fuck you op.

I want a smart gun god dammit. I want a gun that self charges after having a FTE, faster than a human can react to a jam. I want a gun that counts total rounds and sends me an email when basic maintenance is required.

God dammit /k/, i want a smart gun.
>>
>>30456269
But I'm being 100 percent serious.

On the downside I was terrified of guns until I was like 13, and by then they became a fetish thing for me.

So I guess everything worked out in the end.
>>
>>30456270

The argument presented against it is that while using any sort of misfire prevention equipment the risk of failure increases by even a slight percentage. What if in your hurry to stop a nigger from raping your wife and child you go to your quick access safe and the knob falls off? Or for some reason the code doesn't work properly? It's the same situation between safe and trigger lock so it wouldn't be a real difference.
>>
If you're concerned about a child getting into a locked safe, you have some bigger issues, IMO, but if you really wanted that extra layer for safe guns I could see it. I'd never have one on outside of it though.
>>
>>30456164
How about we discuss you and your wife's viability as parents.
>>
>>30456164
It takes 2 seconds to remove, ok.
Now you need to also grab the magazine, insert it the right way around, and chamber a round.
Or you just pick up your gun and it's ready to go.
>don't affect the usability of the weapon in an emergency.
Sounds like it's adding time and multiple potential points of failure, simply by being there. The whole point of self/home defense weapons is that they're ready to go instantly, every hurdle you add to it being usable further defeats the point.
Oh and if you left your gunsafe open and your wife let your kid get in there you're both stupid idiots, and might as well not bother with a safe since you don't know how to use it. If your wife opened your safe AND let your kid get in there congrats, you married a fucking retard.
>>
>>30456355

Wife is firearm trained so she has access to the safe as well. Also, you can chamber a round and have a magazine inserted with this locking mechanism. Just as many hurtles as having a safe or any sort of locked storage for your firearm.
>>
This is a waste of money and an impediment to safety for a responsible person.
>>
>>30456206
You're the nigger who's suggesting I fumble with a locking code in a life or death situation. Sometimes people forget to use a thumb safety under stress. That is the world we live in.
>>
>>30456073
I have orderd a couple.

I am grabbing 3. Of the locks. 1 motion sensor and 1 bridge.

I think it is a great alternative to mounting a quick safe under my bed side table.
>>
>>30456127
>peaked
piqued
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
Usually you get one of these whenever you buy a firearm. They also hand them out for free sometimes at local pd or courthouses. Seems like a cheaper alternative. Also if you're worried about your kid offing himself just put the magazine with ammo away from the firearm. If your toddler figures out where that is, how to insert it, have the strength to rack the slide, and then happen to pull the trigger with the gun aimed at someone, then it was not an accident and your toddler is an asshole.
>>
>"""Smart""" gun technology
Does it do the aiming for you? Is it an MG42 on a steadicam mount? If not, fuck you
>>
>>30456410
So she's trained to handle firearms but can't pay attention to toddler trying to play with them? Jesus your wife is fucking dumb. Please, file for divorce and let the courts know she endangers the kid.
>>
>>30456260
>You might give it a shot.
Okay, come here and I'll slap you across the face.
>>
>>30456410
fully or partially?
>>
>>30456073
>toddler has gotten into my weapon safe because of my wife before

If there's this much stupid in your household your guns will never be safe.
>>
File: 1451699921843.jpg (19 KB, 418x317) Image search: [Google]
1451699921843.jpg
19 KB, 418x317
>>30456753
>>
>>30456073
>Smart Gun Technology
Sounds more like Smart Safe technology
Would it work if put jewelry or money in it?
>>
>>30456127
Get your lazy wife to pay attention to the fucker. If being a housewife is her only job, she should fucking well do it.
>>
>>30456073
No. Just fucking no.

Some chucklefuck politician with the backing of the brain dead Brady Bunch will push through a law that first says you need one of these on your gun when it's out of a safe. Then someone's retarded kid will manage to get into a safe and use a gun inside to kill someone or themself. That same chucklefuck will then make us need one of these things on guns even in safes. One opportune tragity will happen after another and eventually we'll need something like this even when CCing.

They'll force unnecessary restrictions like these incrementally until children across america stop Darwining themselves with daddy's gun, and in doing so will burden normal people with unnecesary and dangerous restrictions on our ability to protect ourselves.

Sure, this is is a perfectly valid way of locking up your gun, much the same as putting it in a safe or putting a trigger lock on it. DO NOT call this some newfangled "smart gun" because it's about as smart as most gun control is common sense.
>>
>>30456164
no we are discussing your inability to raise a child.
sorry if you don't like criticism but you came here not the other way around.
what will you do when he pulls a bookcase down on himself or falls down a flight of stairs? what if he poisons himself.
guns are not the issue here. bad parenting is.
>>
>>>30456269
>On the downside I was terrified of guns until I was like 13, and by then they became a fetish thing for me.
Damn, now I want to have a kid just to give him a weird fetish
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.