[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NFA Trusts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 800x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 800x775
I want to purchase a silencer and SBR a lower before Obongo's new rules go into effect on July 13. Is there any reason I shouldn't just buy the Silencerco easy trust for $120 and get it over with? Going through an attorney for a personalized trust is, like, $600+, so fuck that. I'm not married and have no kids.
>>
>>30452451
was thinking about that myself.

Was also going to buy ivory grips before they get banned before July but I just didn't have the money.
>>
File: tumblr_nfw1d2I8gP1r2amqso8_1280.jpg (130 KB, 893x721) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfw1d2I8gP1r2amqso8_1280.jpg
130 KB, 893x721
Piggybacking on this thread: what if you're in a no-fun state (and set to remain there through the new rules) but would like to have a trust set up for when you move to a better state? Is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>30452476
It is, but I believe you will have to get an attorney to review your trust upon moving to a new state, so there's probably not much of a point of you're not going to buy any NFA items right now.
>>
>>30452451
I just had a lawyer draft one up, I am in Texas and it was 300$ for a trust to be drafted, but its recognized legally in all 50 states(regardless if NFA is legal or not). I am currently waiting on 3 cans, all AAC cans. I have a Element 2 .22 waiting for my form 4 and a Illusion 9 and cyclone .308 can are currently waiting for form 3 approval. I bought them all from silencershop.com. I'm excited but patient.
>>
>>30452844
That's pretty decent, since the attorneys I found recommended by Silencershop started at $395, with another $300 just for a consultation. I was thinking about just buying the easy trust now, and then having an attorney edit it later if I ever need to go overseas or have some other extenuating circumstances.
>>
What new rules?
>>
>>30452869
An executive order that basically requires everyone named in the trust to be fingerprinted and go through a background check whenever you submit a new NFA application.
>>
Lawyers are as big a waste of money as surgeons.
>>
>>30452451
What new rules?
>>
>>30452885
Wait, trusts? So does this only apply to silencers and stuff?
>>
>>30452476

I don't see a point in this. 41f is based on the purchase date of the items, not the date the trust or LLC was created. Also trust requirements may differ state to state.
>>
>>30453073

Any NFA item.

Approval from police or officials removed from individual purchases, changed to notification only.

Trusts will require all trustees to be photographed and fingerprinted as if they were individuals.

Wait times have gotten crazy again.

Any forms post marked or efiled before July 13 will be on the old rules.
>>
>>30452451
I haven't been keeping up on this.
Was Obock directly responsible for this?
>>
>>30453095
So what's considered a NFA item? I live in Mass so I only really worry about the absurd restrictions we have here, so things like suppressors are something I never even bother looking into because that shit just doesn't fly here.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.