[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PPS, Shield, XD9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Handguns.jpg (386 KB, 1386x1242) Image search: [Google]
Handguns.jpg
386 KB, 1386x1242
Looking into buying my first handgun. Think i've narrowed it down but not sure. I've only shot the XD but in .45 caliber.

Which one of these is the best? Which one is the smallest? I know the Shield is the cheapest but are there any tradeoffs?

Also are there any other concealed handguns in this "tier"? I know there is the G26 which is thicker and double-stack.

I heard g43 sucks and that the Kel-Tec pf9 is hit or miss.

What about .380s?
>>
>>30448678
The Shield's only problem is the trigger. If you can get over that, it is a perfect cc gun.
>>
Shield, PPS m2 and G43 are the best options as far as single stack 9s
>>
>>30448678
I don't like the XD's safe.
>>
>>30448767
Safety
>>
>>30448767

I've heard that. I don't know how much I would like it, but i've heard some guys put griptape over it. Would that be unsafe? And do the other ones have safeties?

>>30448720

So what are the differences? Sorry i'm nub
>>
>>30448678
I have fired all 3 and own a PPS M2.

I HIGHLY recommend it. It has high ratings and my friends agree that it is superior to theirs.

I have this holster.
http://www.daraholsters.com/blog/walther-pps-m2-holster/

Make sure you get the M2. The Law Enforcement edition has night sights and 3 mags.
>>
glock 43
>>
>>30448678
>I know the Shield is the cheapest but are there any tradeoffs?

The Shield is going to be the easiest and softest to shoot. No question. It's arguably the best but what I dislike about it is the slide catch cannot be used as a slide release and loading a fully loaded flush fit mag into the gun when closed requires extra effort.

That and to do a modification to the plunger, you need to remove the rear sight unlike Glocks where you pull everything out of the back.

Despite those minor flaws, the Shield is probably the best cc gun.

Don't think the Glock 43 sucks, it's pretty good but a bit snappy when you compare it to the Shield. It has a lot of aftermarket to fix most of its shortcomings.

I would just skip the XD completely. Just a 'meh' single stack 9 like the PF9. The Glock 43, Shield and Walther PPS should be the three considerations.
>>
>>30448678
At least post a PPS M2

I bought one. I've shot both, my dad's G43, and my Mom's Shield 9. The PPS has less muzzle flip, and a smoother trigger, but is a little heavier, and a little bit longer (1/8 an inch I think).
>>
>>30448767
No, you don't like the idea of it based on what you've heard of it based on fantasy and unproven claims.

Its Gen1 glock trigger all over again
>>
>>30448837
>but i've heard some guys put griptape over it.

I don't know why anyone would do this.
>buy XD
>remove the main feature of it and be left with mediocre trigger and aftermarket
>have one more thing that can (very unlikely) go wrong for no real benefit

The XD is a step down from the Glock design whereas the M&P is a step up.
>>
>>30449139
The Shield had a lot of muzzle flip imho.
>>
>>30449139
>slide catch cannot be used as a slide release
Yes it can. That's entirely it's purpose in fact.

How did you come to make this statement?
>>
Why is the Shield so cheap then if it's the best? What would be a step higher for a higher price than the pps m2? A sig of some sort?
>>
>>30449450
I'm not the best shooter and it is surprisingly manageable to me.
>>30449465
Nope. Unless you press down really hard and I mean full on 300% force on it, you're getting nothing. Do you even own a Shield?
>>
>>30449492
Compared to the XD and the PPS M2
>>
>>30449492
I know what you are talking about... I have to give the slide a little pull instead. Not a deal breaker at all.
>>
File: 1459692478615.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
1459692478615.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>30449491
>A sig of some sort?

Probably the P938. There's also the P239 which is also a single stack 9mm but it's way bigger than the more modern single stack 9's.

As for the Shield being cheap, I'm not so sure. The M&P line is noticeably more affordable compared to Glock and other polymer single stack guns. The M&P9 is the cheapest fullsize 9mm you can get while still having a decent fullsize pistol.
>>30449567
>Not a deal breaker at all.

It really shouldn't. You should always pull the slide back on a reload anyways but it's one small thing that bugs me. The Glock 43 can do it and it actually has aftermarket for an enlarged slide release.
>>
>>30448678
Only one Ive shot is a G26. Id recommend it to anyone carrying. Aside from a Taurus Slim, there's few handguns as comfortable to carry. The double stack mag adds up quickly and extensions are cheap and plentiful, the one I've shot adding to 12+1, and giving your pinky finger a place to rest. Recoil is manageable, and provided for good grouping.
>>
Get a glock
>>
I shot a glock 19, 9mm springfield XD, and 38 (S+W) special today. Let me start off by saying I couldn't hit shit with the 38 at 30 feet, but at 40 feet I hit 29/30 shots well on target with the glock 19 and that's right off the hip. The XD was my uncle's and the rear sight was missing - I shot terribly with it... Maybe 3/4 as good as with the glock. But something tells me that the glock is superior. Maybe it's the fact that I think that the apocalypse is near and I want my mags to be compatible with local law enforcement and 99% of handguns that will be scattered around. The grips, the weight, and the trigger setup were all pro's though, this I could tell even with the messed up sights.

Honestly, go shoot rentals until you fall in love with one. Don't worry about caliber so much because "stopping power" is a myth (except maybe with 22's). Find something that you can pull off your hip and quickly put 3-5 rounds through a target with reliable accuracy. If you're obsessed with a high caliber, I suggest a good ol' M1911 I suppose. Good luck
>>
PPS is top titty my niggy.
>>
>>30448678
Owned both a PPS and an XD. I ended up carry the PPS. I just like the feeling better. They're both great shooters though.

Also the only .380 I own is a pk 380. Fun gun, wouldn't carry it just cause it prints a lot more.
>>
I tried many but I ended with XDs. Fantastic gun imo. Very conceleable, solid trigger, very sturdy.
>>
Happy with my Shield it's been reliable and accurate and I find the trigger perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>30450444
Agreed. XDs feels excellent
>>
I like my xds. The trigger was heavy as fuck (8lbs). Put a spring kit in it. Def better. Recoil is good for a carry gun. I don't even notice the grip safety for real. Stock sights are the shit.
>>
>>30450444
Damn straight
>>
>>30448678
I shot the PPS in .40, the shield in 9mm, and the XDs in .45. I ended up with the XDs, it just fit me better, I like the shield, and the PPS was sweet. Honestly what is better for me won't be as good for someone else. It really comes down to wearing a gun that you like, it is like your underwear, do you like boxers, briefs, or going commando? Just pick the one you enjoy, that way you'll end up carrying it a lot more.
I originally bought a bulky 9mm compact and never carried it, just felt weird on my hip. Only reason I bought one was because everyone else was carrying one. I found myself carrying my j-frame .38 a lot more. Since then, I learned my lesson and just carry what I like.
>>
>>30448678
I own a G43. It's very nice and very small and slim. I feel safe carrying it and you will, too.
>>
>>30450970
Wew lad get a room with your glock.
>selling it a bit too hard
>>
>>30449491
Man this actually one of those times were you actually want a GREAT gun to be cheap.
So be glad for the price u paying,

And I guess maybe the lc9s pro, you get a way better trigger at least what I read but a lil more recoil since the slide isn't as heavy as shields.

>>30449450
I don't believe you at all unless u have problems with gripping, becuase I shot a glock 23 and the recoil was a fucking bitch that I couldn't keep on target weeks later I shoot friends mp shield in 40 cal and I swear the fucking thing was dream to shoot compare to the glock 23. And mind you this is 40 cal not 9mm.

>>30449492
I agree it's a fucking bitch compared to my glock 19.

Anyone can recommend a ruger lc9s pro over a mp shield?? Cuz dad already owns a shield and I'm thinking of buying my own with out saftey release or buying the ruger but it's kinda hard to choose I like the idea of pocket carry even tho I. Ight even use it for that reason

Either way I'm buying a sticky holster to go with it cuz I like to cc with basketball shorts, I already do this with glock 19 lol.
>>
>>30451523
*even tho I might not even use it for that reason.
>>
Oh it's a .380 thread.

Is the Bodyguard any good?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.