[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Artillery v. Tanks, who wins? Let's say 500 v 500 on a plains.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: M110-203mm[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
M110-203mm[1].jpg
29 KB, 500x270
Artillery v. Tanks, who wins?
Let's say 500 v 500 on a plains.
>>
Go have ADHD somewhere else.
>>
artillery has superior range & firepower
>>
>>30445636
How far apart?

Do the tanks know where the arty is before they fire the first salvo?
>>
>>30445636
What kind of tanks, what kind of artillery, what kind of ammunition. Distance, how it's organized. I don't fucking know.
>>
Artillery is support. its also an indirect weapon. It could be 20 tanks vs 500 artillery pieces, the tanks will win everytime unless you have something enemy, or terrain, to pen them down. The second the tanks get up close a personal its game over.
>>
>>30446314

Patently false. Paladins have direct fire kills against tanks.
>>
>>30446370
>it can fire against tanks
>it can fire effectivley against tanks

You really want to have this argument kid?
>>
>>30446277
>Salvo
Navyfag found
>>
>>30445636
Drive tanks in random directions toward artillery fire. Get close enough and blow up everyone at extremely close range.
>>
>>30445636
>Tanks wait for the night
>attack
>win
>>
>>30448239
>direct fire artillery is not effective against tanks
Is this what you really want to argue?
>>
>>30448591

How quickly can artillery be aimed for direct fire against a moving tank?
>>
>>30448647
It's pointless nothing in the world can hit a moving tank it's too fast.
>>
File: m8ubPJO.jpg (4 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
m8ubPJO.jpg
4 MB, 5184x3456
>>30448664
and so unpredictable!

picture unrelated to post content
>>
us recoded it taking something like 70 rounds of artillery fire to kill iraqi t-72

accuracy is the problem
>>
>>30448689
SLED LIFE BOI
800 MOD SLED LIFE YO
>>
>>30448689
This. Tanks will just dodge artillery, teleport behind them, nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>30448664

Probably. Direct fire kills from artillery on tanks would likely require an ambush or supporting forces to funnel tanks into line of fire. By the time you've trained artillery onto a position a tank it can easily move out of the targeted area. It'd be easier to position your artillery on a fixed location and wait for tanks to move into it.

I think you knew this, but instead of facing the truths of your own conclusions you decided it's best to reply with snark and cling to the exceptions of artillery usage rather than the norm.
>>
>>30448863
Use half of your artillery to funnel the tanks, use the rest to kill. It's not hard. I think you know this, but instead of facing the truths of your own conclusions you decided it's best to reply with intentional obtuseness.
Also artillery is not just howitzers and mortars.
>>
File: hey everybody.png (290 KB, 1038x531) Image search: [Google]
hey everybody.png
290 KB, 1038x531
made a map for this

If OP gets to be autistic so can I
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.