[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to get my brother to come with me to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: misc-jackie-chan-l.png (159 KB, 1500x952) Image search: [Google]
misc-jackie-chan-l.png
159 KB, 1500x952
I've been trying to get my brother to come with me to the range. We live nearby to each other but we don't really keep up, traveling in very different social circles. There's a whole other story, there.

Anyway, every time he'd beg off with some lame excuse, even if he had nothing else going on but I figure, hey, as a big brother, I should at least try. In retrospect, maybe that should've been a hint but I was raised with the ridiculous motion that brothers are supposed to be there for each other so I kept trying to be involved, or to involve him. So, finally, I invite him out to dinner because who's going to turn down a free meal, right?

And we're sitting, eating, making the smallest of small talk about stupid work shit when, finally, I ask him when he's going to come out to the range with me. And he loses his shit.

Literally flies off the handle about how nobody needs a gun and that the Second Amendment should be repealed because nobody can stand up to the government so why even pretend that you're going to try? And then he starts berating me about carrying concealed. I can't even believe what I'm hearing. At first I try to respond with facts - gun owners as a percentage of the population, the proverb track records of asymmetric warfare by insurgencies, the complete inability of law enforcement to actually crack down on existing illegal firearms and gun crime; and it all just bounced off of him; his mind was made up and, in his mind, he was right and I was wrong. End of story.

I felt like I was talking to a complete stranger. Who the hell was this guy and what gave him the right to sit in judgment of me? And, more importantly, where was it all coming from?

Turns out that he'd taken up with horsefuckers and his only meaningful human interaction was in ponyfag chatrooms. So, my question to you, /k/: is he already dead or should I try to have him extracted and subjected to rigorous deprogramming?

Pic related: my face right now.
>>
>>30441996
Brother is kill. Save those around him before he infects others.
>>
if he kept saying no then maybe you should have taken the hint that he isn't interested in guns.

maybe you came off as a weirdo gun nut by constantly asking him if he wanted to go shooting
>>
>>30442053
gtfo
>>
>>30442053
This is /k/, we talk about weapons; if this was /sp/, I'd talk about how he blew me off when I invited him to sporting events; /out/, how he didn't want to go bicycling or hiking; /tv/, how he stopped watching television and wouldn't come to see movies.

Guns just happened to be what caused the blowup but it's not as if it's all I ever tried to talk to him about.
>>
>>30442083

just because the board is about guns doesn't mean you have you leave out information that isn't pertinent to guns. If he doesn't want to hang out with you at all then don't push it. his explosion about gun control could have been the result of his not wanting to really be there, maybe the way you talk to him rubs him the wrong way.

all im saying is that its easy to just say 'lol hes retarded im right' but maybe theres a more complicated reason for why he exploded at you.
>>
>>30441996
Time to take him out behind the woodshed and give him the old yeller treatment
>>
Introduce him to all the /k/ ponyfags.

Twilight Sparkle best pone.
>>
desu you seem socially retarded OP, the guy doesn't want to go shooting with you. can you literally not hang out with your brother if it doesn't involve shooting? You invited him over for dinner for the sole purpose of asking someone who clearly doesn't want to go shooting, when they will go shooting with you. You would have more friends if you had social intelligence.
>>
>>30442378
This. Find as many furry/k/pony pictures as you can and make a collage.
>>
>>30441996

Show him a gun with Pony shit. Then ask him if he would defend Ponies with guns.
>>
>is he already dead
Faggot you own a gun. Take him out back like in "Of Mice and Men" and save him from the virgin cuck nogunz shithole that is his life
>>
>>30442409
Literally asked and answered. >>30442083
>>
>>30441996
As a horse fucker, don't blame us. /mlk/ is strong.

I've had similar though less explosive reactions from friends and family lately. It seems like a abnormally large number people who were on the fence have shifted to the anti side in the past month or so. Hopefully it wears off.
>>
>>30442378

Applejack FTW, friendo.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.