[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are barrels mounted into a receiver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
How are barrels mounted in the receivers of various rifles? The AR, AK, etc...?

I just need ideas as to how to do it on a design I'm working on for fun. If it helps it's chambered in .22 LR.
>>
>>30440882
google broken, faggit?
>>
>>30440882
Pinned, screwed or pressed are the most common.
>>
>>30440882
On an AR, the barrel goes into the receiver, then a threaded barrel nut goes on top and tightens the barrel to the receiver
>>
>>30440882
get out
>youtube.com
"how to build /disassemble sks/m14/ak/ar/10/22"
>>
>>30440882

Depends on the gun.

Some are threaded to screw in (most revolvers), some are pressed in (AK), some held in with screws (most bolt actions), some are pounded on with a claw hammer and locktite (mini-14).

Google some images of an exploded view of the kind of gun you're designing.
>>
>>30440882
For 22lr most common would be pinned, second screwed.
>>
>>30440882
>I'M WORKING ON A DESIGN
>how are barrels mounted in receivers?

Please, stop.

Stop now before you kill yo- actually, go ahead.
>>
>>30440920
I'm not pretending to know everything, I'm doing this to learn.
>>
>>30440882
>If it helps it's chambered in .22 LR.

Just design around 10/22 barrels. Unless of course, you can rifle your own tubes.
>>
>>30440905
Technically the barrel is pressed tight into the receiver extension. That part in turn is tightened to the upper with a nut.
>>
File: a38623.jpg (18 KB, 236x345) Image search: [Google]
a38623.jpg
18 KB, 236x345
>>30441009
>pressed tight
>AR

Kalashnikov laughs at what you call tight
>>
File: 1456431234241.gif (44 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1456431234241.gif
44 KB, 444x444
>>30440882
>How are barrels mounted in the receivers of various rifles?
>a design I'm working on
>"I'm designing a gun but don't know dick about them" thread #15434786453

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/ar15-barrel-installation-guide/
>>
>>30440917
>some are pressed in (AK)
then it's held in place with a pin after

If you ever seen an AK with an overcharged load the barrel flies out when it explodes dust cover pops off recoil spring flies out of the top. It was a clever design when it came out but it's old these days and modernization of them just adds some rails for accessories. Russia really kind of fell behind since the rifle did so well initially.
>>
>>30441019
>lifetime of 10,000 rounds before it starts cracking and breaking
>have to throw away most of the gun to fix it
>not modular at all
>"AK RIFLE BEST AR WORST GUN"
Stoner laughs at what you call modularity and ergonomics. But hey, at least the barrel is on tight while everything else is not.
>>
>>30441635
You can punch the pin and press the barrel out faggot
I've done it before multiple times
>>
>>30441009
The barrel extension is threaded onto the barrel and pinned,the barrel slides into the upper, the barrel nut is tightened over it
There is no pressing involved
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.