[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to my dads house on monday for dinner after i got out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
I went to my dads house on monday for dinner after i got out of work. He lives in NY and has an unrestricted carry license (somehow, idk being from jersey thats some magic shit for me) and he left his gun on the coffee table in his living room. When I saw it literally the first thing that came to my mind was picking it up and shooting myself in the mouth.
I love guns k, but this shit scarred the shit out of me literally right after I had the thought.
This is why I dont trust myself with owning a gun right now. Do other people who own guns feel this way or am I secretly just suicidal and dont realize it yet? Also theres times when Im day dreaming and just picture a bullet going thru my brain and kinda get weird feels along the proposed flight path in my brain, not pain but just like feels. Like I dont think I'm depressed and rarely feel sad but again just realizing that the first thing I thought of when seeing that bursa thunder unattended on the coffee table was me killing myself with it scared the fucking shit out of me. Should I seek help or is this normal
>>
>>30438468
Yes, you should seek help. Jesus fuck.
>>
I'd talk to someone. Find a therapist or someone who can help you determine if there's anything wrong or not. But most of all stay safe out there /k/omrade
>>
>>30438468
You're nogunz so you're fascinated with guns.

I bet if you saw a dragon dildo your ass would start throbbing coz your also fascinated by cock
>>
>>30438493
>>30438516
Oh. Shit kinda wasnt expecting that but I'm going to give that a nice think, even tho in my mind seeing a therapist would make me paranoied about being blacklisted by libral fuckheads
>>30438522
If i bought a gun with railz id totally get a tactical qd bad dragon, ya alreaady know senpai.
>>
did you -want- to shoot yourself?
did you want to die?

everyone gets intrusive thoughts sometimes (beating the slow old lady in the queue in front of you to death) but they don't mean anything
>>
>>30438592
that being said don't buy a gun if you don't want a gun
>>
>>30438522

this probably

When a liberal sees a gun all they can think of is shooting others and/or themselves and that's why they want to ban them so much. Liberalism is a mental illness.
>>
>>30438516

>Find a therapist

And get put on every list they have. You won't be able to buy plastic butter knives by the time they're done. Therapy is a crock of shit anyway.
>>
>>30438468
fuck off shill
>>
>>30438634
OP is diagnosed with early onset liberalism. Must have inherited it from your mother as you don't seem to have spent much with your father and he is hasgunz.
>>
>>30438592
I don't think I do, I mean I dont fear dying I just fear pain.
I don't ever wake up and say 'God damn! I wish I was dead!', but idk just seeing as that was my first thought, not even like oh hey a gun that ive seen a million times and every other time have felt 100% safe around like every other gun I've been around (been around guns since I was 10, dad owned one since he was 18 but it wasnt until I was 10 and he was in his late 30s that I actually knew about it and was taught about it, loved guns ever since) it just really rattled me.
Also for anyone saying 'liberal fuck', I'm pretty liberal with most things that arent guns or money. Like I'm all for equality but dont take my money or guns (if I ever feel sane enough to keep one in my shitty nj fag apartment) and fuck the muh feelinz feminazi shit.
>>
>>30438580
If you are having these thoughts you should be blacklisted

I know it's hard to accept, but they we have those lists exactly for people like you.
>>
File: 1437182126287.jpg (65 KB, 604x592) Image search: [Google]
1437182126287.jpg
65 KB, 604x592
>>30438592
When I first started working I'd get these thoughts like if I was using a hammer, the thought would pop in my head of smashing it in to my colleague's knee. I would never ever do it, it's just a stupid thing that goes through your head. I don't know OP but it sounds like a similar thing, or what you described with old ladies in the cue lol.

Everyone is so eager to be a snowflake with self diagnosed PTSD and anxietydepression that they twist normal shit in to something more serious.
>>
It's called "Call of the Void" and it's really pretty normal.

If you're not showing signs of depression or having consistent suicidal thoughts, you're probably fine.
>>
>>30438670
>shill for that bursa is a good way to kill yourself life
Nah b, I dont even like the gun, even tried to talk him out of buying it for a better gun but he was set on it so nothing I could do.
I'm a shill for many other guns but that bursa, nah b just nah
>>
>>30438468
>liberal states are so bad that the first instinct upon seeing a gun is to commit suicide
Now I now why these communist bastards are anti-gun.
>>
>>30438468
As a psy/k/ ima ask a few questions:

1-how frequent are these thoughts? Is it a 1 time thing.? Do you regularly have this type of intrusive image? If so, how long has it been going on? How badly did you want to act on this thought and thoughts like it.?

2-how is life going for you? Sudden career shift or unusual stress? Trouble? Are you enjoying things you usually do for fun? Still meeting commitments and having healthy relationships?
If its truly a random and intrusive thought dont pay it much mind. Wait a month, see how you feel then. Make sure you are sleeping well and on a regular schedule, and try to keep alcohol consumption moderate or mild (1-3 beers, 1-2 glasses of wine, or 1-2 shots or mixed drinks per day max). Make sure you dont neglect physical health, or psychological health will follow that decline.
>>
>>30438685
I did live with my mother from the age of 12 until I was late 18 or 19 and she moved out to live with her now husband, I have been living by myself for the past 2-3 years, basically hated my mom until she left me by myself with all her liberal shit but I've never fallen victim to her crazy liberal ways that started literally only after sandy. And I was basically already living by myself at that point so I highly doubt that rubbed off on me at all.
I'm 22 now so its not like ive been out of the shadow for that long I guess but ever since I've known about guns I've loved them which is what really scares me about this.
Fuck I pray that I havent caught the liberalism otherwise I'm fucked for the rest of my existence, I fear
>>
>>30438927
time to open up, thank the gods for vodka
>1. not too frequent anymore now that I have a job that I'm pretty sure I love, cant say thats true for the past cuz during my the time I had my last shitty job I had the bullet destroying my grey matter thought like once every other day, but now that I have a job that im pretty sure I like its been far less common of a thought, shooting myself and what-not.
2. Well I'm 22 and have my own life and apartment, which is more than I can say about 90% of the people I know right now, even people in their late 20s, pussy game is lacking but at least I feel like an adult and dont rely on mommy and daddy anymore. I still do most of the things I enjoyed back in late highschool minus the bitches and most of my friends that I couldnt give two shits about, like I still hang with my best friends on the daily so its not like I feel terribly lonely or anything.
Stress, idk just traffic court lately and adult shit thats not a big deal to me.
I did get a new job but I love my new job compared to my old one.
I still race cars like I've been doing since I was 19 and doing other recriational things that I've been doing for a few years thats has made me happy so I doubt its that, my sleeping patern is shit though, so I'll try to work on that, been drinking andf smoking weed a lot more regularly since college is out and most of my friends are back home. (maybe thats it) and honestly I havent been running or exercising as much since I moved into my apartment in january so maybe thats it, hopefully.
thanks annon
>>
>>30438468
It's just an intrusive thought. Like how you think of jumping when next to a cliff or other high place.
>>
>>30439247
This. Shit is ridiculously common. I think about killing myself just about every other day. Killing others more often. Doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. I despise suicides.

Rest of the time, I'm thinking about pussy and guns and games, like most men.
>>
>>30438468
There's actually a name for stuff like that. It's completely normal and everyone experiences, sometimes multiple times a day. Can't remember what it's called though.
>>
>>30439276
I really hope so, That was literally the only time I've looked at a gun and been like 'boy it would be super easy to kill myself right now so I might as well do it' but it seriously scared the everliving fuck out of me seeing as that was my very first thought and it wasnt until after I thought it that I actually realized how fucked up of a thought it was. Like the fraction of a second I was thinking that it just seemed logical and I kinda got butterflies in my tummy like when you're around a girl you have a crush on but are too chicken shit to ask her to touch your pee pee
>>
>>30439379
I'd honestly forget about it. Same thing as thinking about how easy it would be to jump off a bridge you're crossing, even with no desire to. Learned about it in Psychology a couple years ago but can't remember what they call it for the life of me.
>>
>>30438468
https://braindecoder.com/post/whats-behind-call-of-the-void-and-the-urge-to-jump-1299814876
>>
I get the same feeling every time I've ever deep fried a turkey. I could just stick my arm in the deep fryer and fuck myself up for life. I have the same thing about killing myself with my gun. It's just a thought in my head that I could do it. I don't contemplate it or anything, obviously I'm not going to because I've got a good life (being that I regularly have fried turkey).

If the urge to actually follow through with it came over you though you should unfuck your head and your life. Dump your gf, move, get a better job, go back to school or learn a trade because clearly shit isn't going well for you and you should improve it.

If you're not going to do that though, just follow through on your desires next time.
>>
>>30439496
maybe I just need to eat some fried chicken for the first time in 3 years, then I'll become sane once again
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.