[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eye protection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Does /k/ wear protective glasses on a range trip? If so, are there any which you can recommend as normal sunglasses and shooting glasses?

Pic mildly related.
>>
Only because I can't see without them. Id still wear some type of safety glasses if I weren't blind tho
>>
>>30436744
This.
>>
File: 1461459736308.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461459736308.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Look into Oakley or Wiley. They make plenty of 'lifestyle' glasses that won't make you look like a douchebag like m-frames will. These glasses can be used off and on the range.

Personally, I use the ESS crossbow/suppresor, the latter being great for wearing under earpro.
>>
File: P1080435.jpg (235 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
P1080435.jpg
235 KB, 1000x750
>>30436744
>>30436767

I have pic related, they're prescription.

Insurance covers them too... "perscription sunglasses", kek.
>>
>>30436930
What brand are they?
>>
>>30436744
>>30436780
>>30436930
Thanks for the reply
>>
>>30436744
> this
the FDA now requires each prescription glass lens be tested for impact resistance before it is placed into the frame, but only a "significant percentage" of plastic lenses from a batch. I have always asked for glass lenses at the eye doctor despite the odd looks they give me. I'm screwed if the glass ever shatters, but if something hits them hard enough to shatter them w/o knocking them off my face, I doubt plastic wouldn't do much better.
>>
>>30436971
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0
>>
>>30436930
>>Insurance covers them too... "perscription sunglasses", kek.
oh shit I gotta try this
>>
>>30436695
You can get normal sunglasses with ballistic-rated lenses. Oakleys are cool, but off the range they make you look like a cyclist without a bike or a douche. Alternatively, if you wear glasses you can just wear your normal glasses with a pair of large wraparounds on top.
>>
>>30437035

Where do you find normal sunglasses w/ ballistic lenses besides Oakley? Not that Oakley qualifies as normal, but it's hard to find something that I can wear around that is also good for the range.
>>
>>30436988
There are lenses out there that you can wail on with a hammer that won't so much as chip in a dozen impacts.
>>
>>30437070
Native, under armour, wileyx, smith, etc.
>>
>>30437070
literally

>>30436780
>>
>>30437070
ESS if your into function over form
>>
>>30436780
Anyone know what dedicated 9mm lower that is?
>>
File: products_168_large.jpg (31 KB, 800x542) Image search: [Google]
products_168_large.jpg
31 KB, 800x542
After doing some research into various brands marketed as shooting/safety/fashion glasses I settled on ESS CDI Max.

ESS has one of the hoghest safety ratings of all glasses out there exceeding most other manufacturers in their price range. Interchangeable lenses and a few different models to choose from.

Niw to really make this post feel like maximum shill.

http://www.esseyepro.com/CDI-MAX-Black_168_detail.html
>>
I have Jackson Safety "Nemesis" glasses that are both sunglasses and safety glasses.
Durable and inexpensive too.
>>
>>30436988
Anon im here to give you some good news, theres new lenses that are near fucking indestructible. I think its called clearix or something. Scratch and shatterproof polycarbonate
>>
>>30437285
quarter circle 10
>>
>tfw engineering internship at a steel mill hooked me up with a set of prescription 3M safety glasses, with detachable side shields

Shit is deluxe.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.