[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Water Ops General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: TWBD.jpg (77 KB, 648x858) Image search: [Google]
TWBD.jpg
77 KB, 648x858
So I live near the Florida Nature Coast, and I've been wondering about doing some Waterborne Innawoods type shit.

Do any of you guys know how well a Cetme would do in water? I know if I'm working in the marshland near me I'm gonna be in and out alot.

Also, what advice do you have for what gear to use in the water; since I don't want my ass to sink once i go in
>>
>>30435610
Fuck, also Water Ops General
>>
File: 1430527341364.jpg (78 KB, 499x460) Image search: [Google]
1430527341364.jpg
78 KB, 499x460
>>30435610
Please don't do anything in the water anon, it's very dangerous. And I would absolutely not recommend it if you have no training. I know you want to live out your cool ghost recon fantasy but just don't. Water sucks, especially when you have heavy ass kit, and a rifle.
>>
>Tfw I had the opportunity to take a SCUBA class from an ex navy seal about operating in the water and for the final you had to storm a beach and grab some intel without being spotted
>had other things come up and couldn't do it
Regret it to this day
>>
>>30435802
Well, I'm not talking about a long distance swim. The farthest, and I mean absolute farthest, I would be swimming would be maybe 100 meters. I'm just looking for advice as to what lightweight things I should use (I know i'm not gonna be able to wear plates and carry a fuckton of gear).

The waters get choppy at worst, and I've been a strong swimmer my whole life. Plus, I'd only be in the water going from marsh to marsh
>>
>>30435917
Ok, I still don't see why you'd want to do this. Bring a life jacket and stay safe.
>>
>>30435968
I want to do it because I want to fucking do it. Quit being a pretentious douchebag.

That, and my area would be a target for Commies
>>
>>30435968
>>30435917
Get one of those light weight inflatable types that have the C02 cartridges so you don't have to lug around a bunch of bulk.
Beats drowning. I've known a few self proclaimed "strong swimmers" that have drowned
>>
>>30436039
By strong swimmer, I mean by the Navy Standards. 1st Class motherfucker
>>
>>30436024
>>30436070
Why the fuck did you start this thread if you're only going to be an asshole to anyone who tries to give you some advice. Fuck off and go play navy seal in the water.
>>
>retarded floridian with a shitty ass cetme wants to play babby seal in a marsh like a retard
>lashes out when non floridians call his dumb ass out for being dumb

Wow, what a surprise.
>>
File: >that .jpg (49 KB, 479x435) Image search: [Google]
>that .jpg
49 KB, 479x435
>>30436179
>Hey can I get some advice?
>Don't do it you fucking retard Ghost Recon wannabe
>You probably have no training
>Mfw I'm the asshole
>>
>>30436039
>>30436216

For the record, I wasn't trying to be an asshole when I said
>1st Class motherfucker
Its kinda hard to portray voice nuances via text
>>
>>30436236
If you're so well trained, why are you asking us, mr know it all? Or did you just make this thread to fish for complements about how operator you are?
>>
File: 1423768834485.jpg (126 KB, 640x1439) Image search: [Google]
1423768834485.jpg
126 KB, 640x1439
>>30436270
this OP is a total retard
>>
>>30436270
Did I say I was Special Forces? No
Do I have training enough to know not to do stupid shit in the water? Yes

Fucking christ man, I just want some tips and advice
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 677x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 677x850
>>30435610

Put your kit on, get in a friend's pool, make adjustments as needed, then go out innamarsh.

It's not hard, bro.
>>
>>30436309
Here's advice: stay out of the fucking water.

I know exactly the kind of swamp/marshlands you're dealing with because there's a whole section of Ranger School dedicated to "swamps".

It doesn't have anything to do with being a strong swimmer or not, even moving through shallow swamps- ie hip deep- still carries a risk of drowning when done with combat equipment.

That's not even getting into the risk involved with trying to cross moving water with combat equipment.

Water fucking blows and isn't for messi g around with by yourself. The only other thing you need to know is to water proof the fuck out of your stuff.
>>
>>30436407
Okay, so def bring a buddy and light gear only.

And as for waterproofing, I was thinking about getting that hydrophobic spray shit and getting my boots and pants with it, then taping around where I blouse my boots. Is that an okay idea for keeping mud and water out of my boots/pants when in waist deep or less water?
>>
>>30436382
True shit. Any input on the Cetme?
>>
File: HomeOfTheFLGators.jpg (587 KB, 4928x1834) Image search: [Google]
HomeOfTheFLGators.jpg
587 KB, 4928x1834
>>30435610
>So I live near the Florida Nature Coast
Hello fellow Florida nigger
>>
>>30436480
Hey Floridafriend
>tfw that pic reminded me of how much of an issue wildlife is
FUCK
>>
also any you guys have experience on lava ops? i live close to a mountain i really want some experience in case that shit blows up.
>>
>>30435610
Get an airboat. There is literally nothing fun or doable about Florida marsh unless you have a platform to get around with.
>>
>>30435610
I'd stay the fuck out of the water desu senpai.

Florida used to have some really badly polluted water ways, and still does, though less so now than in the 60's.
>>
>>30436461
You're gonna get wet. Don't waste your time water proofing your boots, clothes, and panties. Use a durable wet bag for gear and float it behind you for swimming. You're probably going to rip holes in it going through marsh, so w/e. Operating in water fucking sucks and should be avoided. If you insist on doing it: Do what >>30436382 said. Find what fails and adjust accordingly.
>>
Also, heres a reference for one of the areas I'm thinking of dicking around in

>It ain't really called Negro Island my friend
>>
>>30436538
Does anyone here have experience with arctic mountain ops? I want to make tactical snowmans. Are avalanches an actual danger or are they a meme?
>>
>>30436558
I was gonna see if I could borrow a buddies John boat. It wouldn't be able to go through the grasses, but it be all I need to hold my gear until I get where I want to be
>>
>>30436598
So would waterproofing a rucksack be a decent idea? I know its not gonna act as a floatation device, but I don't want all my shit wet
>>
>>30437242
No, just use a waterproof bag inside your ruck.

Also if you waterproof it right it will actually float pretty well. Don't try and swim with the damn thing on, it's going to be pushing up over your head.
>>
File: ptboatdiagram.gif (45 KB, 926x481) Image search: [Google]
ptboatdiagram.gif
45 KB, 926x481
water ops general?

what do you guys think of building a pt boat?
>>
>>30435610
>what advice do you have for what gear to use in the water
Raw chickenfat and staunched meat. The CETME is only gonna weigh you down.

>hey guis, I wanna opr8
>in gator alley
>>
>>30436472
RDB system is fine with water. No exceptional dangers associated, just give it a shake. Can't speak for how well your Century shit was made though.
>>
>>30439814
Wouldn't be too bad of an idea. What it would be is expensive as fuck
>>
>>30439814
>>
File: ANPTB.jpg (109 KB, 710x552) Image search: [Google]
ANPTB.jpg
109 KB, 710x552
>>30439814
>>
File: Water Ops.png (863 KB, 1205x602) Image search: [Google]
Water Ops.png
863 KB, 1205x602
>>30439864

>Pic related is OP
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.