[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any sks experts here? about to get into the hasguns club and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
any sks experts here? about to get into the hasguns club and want my first 2 or 3 rifles to be cheap, simple and of the same caliber. this led me the sks. any tips or red flags (or alternatives) would be appreciated.
>>
Stay away from tapco mags
>>
>>30434583
thank you sir
>>
>>30434583
Stay away from pretty much any aftermarket parts, really.
>>
They're great guns, enjoy. Clean out the cosmoline around the firing pin to avoid the possibility of slamfire, or change out the floating pin with an aftermarket one, and you're gtg.
>>
File: SKS.jpg (859 KB, 950x4000) Image search: [Google]
SKS.jpg
859 KB, 950x4000
This helped me, I got a Romy. As >>30434583 said, stay away from crapco and try to get it as stock as possible. And as >>30434955 said, make sure it's clean around the firing pin to prevent a slamfire. I think the SKS is a great first gun, easy to shoot, easy to maintain, accurate and reliable with plentiful ammo. Just don't spend too much on it and you'll be happy.
>>
>>30434554
Maybe erik the red still lurks and could help a g out
>>
File: 1466789795327.png (428 KB, 558x744) Image search: [Google]
1466789795327.png
428 KB, 558x744
>>30434554
You might as well save the extra possibly not even $100 and get an ak. That's if you're set on 7.62x39. If not then you can "build" an AR for sub $600. The sks isn't a deal anymore and hasn't been for a while. If you want one cause you want one the that's a perfect valid reason, but like I said they're not a good deal all things considered.
>>
>>30439611
Unless you live in Canada.

Still sub $300 SKSs, and unrestricted unlike ARs and AKs.
>>
>>30439611
youll be lucky to find an ak for less than $600 currently that wont shit the bed in a few thousand rounds.

you can buy an unfucked sks for less than $300.
>>
>>30434933
This.

If you like the wood stock and fixed magazine go for it. I personally really love the basic SKS.

If you want to convert to detachable mags and polymer folding stock and try to turn it into an AK, just get an AK. It'll save you much regrets.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.