[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ Wargame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 26
File: Muh Shekles.jpg (144 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Muh Shekles.jpg
144 KB, 670x377
So who here plays Wargame Red Dragon?

Pretty solid Cold War gone hot RTS with an insane amount of variety of units and nations, faithfully recreated models and pretty fun gameplay.

Most recently announced news is the inclusion of Israeli forces in an upcoming nation pack DLC, with the one after that adding both Yugoslavia and Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVc77pOkJgQ
>>
It's on sale for $12 if anyone is interested.
>>
I play it a lot, pseudo realistic enough to be both fun and interesting.

Soviet Korean armored is the best way to go.
>>
>Yugoslavia

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for that since they fucked up in Airland Battle by adding 4 nations to BLUFOR instead of 2 blue and 2 to red.
>>
>>30408819
Blue dragons have a lot of scary tanks.

K1 and Kyu Maru Shiki.

Kyu Maru is probably my favorite tank in the game, I've won so many battles with just a handful of those machines.
>>
>>30408885
Yeah, I find the Nana Yon Shiki G to be pretty fun to use, as it has a grenade launcher instead of a machine gun.
>>
>>30408853
What do you think Yugoslavia will bring to the table that the already existing Redforce doesn't have?

Blueforce seems to have a meta advantage in that they make a lot of their own gear and even smaller nations have some locally produced equipment that's worth using.
>>
>>30409246

The equipment timeline for bluefor minors is also stretched much father than redfor minors.

Rafale in 1991, France pls.
>>
File: ZEY_sWyZczM.jpg (152 KB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
ZEY_sWyZczM.jpg
152 KB, 1280x859
>>30408691
I wouldn't mind seeing Ukraine as a Redfor
>>
Love this game. Poured a ton of hours into it.

It's about as realistic as an RTS can get while still being entertaining. I strongly suggest anyone planning on joining the military checks it out. It will help you understand the battlefield situation much more.
>>
>>30408691
I wish this game was waaaay more modable so that people could add their own factions.

Even for made up countries like an alternate Waffen SS one, or a Rhodesia army, or some scifi military from some other video game.

You know, just something really out there.
>>
>>30408691

>Major victory.
>lose much less than the enemy

>minor vitory
>lose a bit less than the enemy

>draw
>lose the same ammount as the enemy.

>anything.
>lose something.

This game was 2deep4me.
>>
>>30409246
The JNA will have the unique infantry unit called Genocide Squad '90
>>
>>30409847
Einsatzgruppen 90
>>
>Not exclusively playing North Korea
>>
>>30409872
I once fought a '90s freedom force against purely early Nork BTRs and Troopspam, and nearly lost.
Hail the Great Leader!
>>
>>30409872
I find that Russia/Nork alliance works well, Nork spam units backed up by Russian quality, hit both sides of the quantity/quality fraction.
>>
>>30409940
Recent change to Nork line troop transport cost helps
>>
>>30410004
What change?
>>
>>30409940
>Not spamming Mi-24s with rockets galore
>Not supporting your Il-102 spam with similar MiG-17 spam
>Not supporting ultra crap Nork infantry with slightly less crap Russian infantry
>Actually using expensive Ruskie units
THE ONLY ANSWER IS QUANTITY COMRADE
>>
>>30410048
added 5 pt transports to line. so they can be spammed at 15 cost a piece now. Jager went up to 20 so its like a total reversal. Before it was 15 min for superior Jagers, and 20 min for inferior Nork line
>>
>>30410103
I always enjoy the Notk transports with AT/AA capabilities. Might not be accurate but put enough of them in an area and you're bound to hit something.
>>
>>30410050
You forgot
>glorious Sinhung spam
>backed up by ZSU-52-2 and Strela 10M spam
>>
finland?
what the fuck is this shit
fucking finland?
they could have added actually relevant nations to the game like vietnam, cuba, iran, hungary, but no, they are going to add a nation that would have a a GDP smaller than my bank account if it wanst for nokia
>>
>>30408691
Why did they suddenly start releasing nation packs?
>>
>>30410267
My best guess it's a response to AoA tanking hard.
>>
>>30410267
because in the videogame industry you either release new games or make people pay for the already existing ones
>>
File: ratel 90.jpg (230 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
ratel 90.jpg
230 KB, 1024x683
Greenfor when?
>brazil
>india
>pakistan
>iran
>south africa
>mexico
>indonesia
>iraq
>indonesia
>argentina
>colombia
>nigeria
>egypt
>>
>>30410267
>>30410278
Basically this.
Step 1: make a series people really like
Step 2: abandon series to go make a game similar to 90 percent of other RTS in existence
Step 3: ????
Step 4: PROFIT (off paid dlc for your first series because you're surprised your new RTS clone tanked brutally)
>>
>>30410316
I'd love to see some third world armies up in here, though they said Egypt would be redfor which is true in the 80s but not the 90s
>>
>>30410278
>>30410321
What the fuck were they even thinking when they made AoA? They are a small developer with a dedicated fanbase that likes things like Wargame, not command and conquer. The warning signs and lack of community interest were apparent even as early as when Eugen first announced AoA. Truly fucking stupid.
>>
>>30410267
Basically their new games not working out too well and needing to fund continued support of Wargame, nice to say that they're working on free maps for us thanks to the funding they're getting.

I bought Netherlands not because I wanted to play them exactly, but support the continued development of a game that I like and have gotten a lot of fun out of.

That and the buying system for people who already had AirLand was very friendly, you got a huge discount if you had the previous game in the series, which makes sense because Red Dragon is more of a huge expansion pack than a sequel.
>>
Finland? How is this gonna work? Are we gonna have bmp-2's and Leopard 2's driving side by side?
>>
>>30410390
couldn't be worse then op Netherlands
>>
>>30410390
I don't see how they'd have Leos, this is cold war stuff. They're Redfor.
>>
>>30408691
How is the US in this? I've heard that Canada and France are both pretty good
>>
>>30410453
Every faction is at the very least playable. The US suffers somewhat from a lack of good infantry, but is perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1464413536782.png (143 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1464413536782.png
143 KB, 672x434
>>30410316
>mfw they release Chile and Argentina decks so I can fantasize about Chilean/British siege of Buenos Aires
>>
>>30410365
They saw the massive success that stuff like C&C and Starcraft had and thought they could somehow cash in on that. I wonder how Madmat is dealing with that trainwreck?
>>
>>30410477
>every faction is playable
Make me a competitive Polish only deck. Or Czech only.
>>
>>30410278
Speaking of AoA, what did that reboot edition actually change? I was somewhat interested in AoA but forgot about it and then stopped paying attention entirely after it got shit on on release.
>>
>>30410543
It wouldn't win in a competitive game, but I've done it for casual games and they work just fine. And if not, go with Coalitions.
>>
>Eugen completely shits the bed with Act of Aggression
>comes crawling back to beg for more $$$$$$$ from the only fanbase they have left

Pass.
>>
>>30410629
>coalitions
Naturally, NSWP is the second best one in the game right behind Eurocorps
>>
>>30410340
>which is true in the 80s but not the 90s

The whole premise of the game is that the cold war went hot. Egypt would not magically switch sides in that case.

It's the same reason why Poland is a redfor army in the 90's, according to the game.
>>
>>30410365
>>30410525
Then if they wanted to make their game competitive then they should make their fucking games MODDABLE.

God damn what is wrong with these frenchies? When will they learn.
>>
>>30410417
>Finland
>Redfor
>>
>>30410707
As soon as people stop giving them money.
>>
>>30410588
The reboot reverted the game to their previous RTS game Act of War. It made the only resource money just like in AoW, and they even added/removed some units.

I'll never fully understand why they thought "Act of War 2: shitty resource system edition" was a good idea.

>Hey we got the cash to make more games!
>lets remake our Act of War series, but add 4 types of resources to manage and have half the features/abilities!
>>
>>30408691
>Finland
>REDFOR
Gonna bully the FUCK out of Finns playing Wargame reminding them that they where Soviet bitches throughout the cold war. Given how lackluster their military was during the cold war due to the Paris Peace Treaty they'll probably be pretty weak allowing me to bully them even further by defeating them with a Swedish national deck.
>>
I've tried to watch videos of this game and it looks like blue sections of map and red sections of map with little ants running around- is there any actual micromanagement of units? Can you control the same squad of tanks better than someone else and have an advantage?
>>
Why is Israel even being added to a game primarily about war in Europe/Scandinavia and Asia? They don't even have the resources to fight beyond their own borders. It would only make sense if they add Arab countries later on.
>>
>>30411095
Why are Scandinavian countries fighting on maps designed with Asian terrain in mind?
>>
>>30411094
>is there any actual micromanagement of units?
Yes, a lot.

>Can you control the same squad of tanks better than someone else and have an advantage?
Very much so. I will say that generally you will get better results if you are not focused on the actions of a single unit, but of the interplay of several. That being said, if you have the ability to micro all of them, you have a massive advantage.

>>30411095
>Why is Israel even being added to a game primarily about war in Europe/Scandinavia and Asia?
People voted for it.
>>
File: category c best category.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
category c best category.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
>>30408691
Red Dragon a shit. Airland Battle a best.
>>
>>30410543
Czech Armoured is fairly workable imo.
>>
>>30411095
>It would only make sense if they add Arab countries later on.
that's the plan
>>
>>30411124
Same could be said for Bloc countries.
>>
File: RAF laughing.gif (1 MB, 328x239) Image search: [Google]
RAF laughing.gif
1 MB, 328x239
>>30408691
>add Israel
>Merk's get rekt by RPG teams
>female units panic/route faster than all other units
>>
File: HMCS Calgary.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1220) Image search: [Google]
HMCS Calgary.jpg
330 KB, 1920x1220
Any plans on adding more ships? They could potentially resurrect naval provided they balance anti-ship missiles and give each nation ships specific to them.
>>
>>30411282
This is Eugen we're talking about.

They try shit, don't finish it, then just ignore it until somebody gives them money.
>>
>>30409642
lel, it would be odd to have the USSR and Ukraine at the same time, so no
>>
>>30411142
>BKAN spam
>1 FOB
You are cancer
>>
>>30411147
>Add Israelis and Arabs later
I would love to see some Six-Day War / Yom Kippur War stuff
>>
>>30410707
well you can do basic modding, just no new models/maps, so thats something besides the community isen't big enough for serious mods. community maps like Coh2 would be great though
>>
>>30411124
i thought they just were ported over from ALB so more factions for very little effort, sure its out of place but come on
>>
>>30411282
i think i read somewere (i think it was reddit, that they would make new models for ships(read fix naval) because it was just not worth it finacialy
>>
>>30411822
Yet another reason the game should've had a mod kit.
>>
>>30411094
There's a fair bit of micro, yeah. As for the success of microing one unit, it depends on the unit.

Playing a defensive game as Sweden I once completely ruined repeated enemy attacks by micromanaging a team of two Leopard 2s while the rest of my defenses remained static, popping out and destroying units of lesser tanks before vanishing into another treeline.

Aircraft especially need a lot of careful focus to function properly.
>>
>>30411822
>>30411466
That is my biggest problem with the game, which I do love, but I hate this.

Naval was the killer app that they pushed on release, but they released it broken and unfinished and then just never did anything with it. Blueforce is cripplingly underpowered.

I've found the best blueforce naval deck is literally just the tiniest command boat, those little boats with nothing but CIWS mounts, and the rest are all Harpoon toting jets to airstrike and pray they survive.
>>
>>30408691
I love the series and I used to really like RD but the balance is SO shit compared to ALB. It feels really sloppy.
>>
>>30412068
I miss having 3 cards of BGS/Grenzers at 11 points apiece
Or 6 point reservist swarms
>>
>>30411716
>2 FOB
ftfy

I only played with friends, so if someone wanted to play a specialized deck, someone else would pick a deck that made up for its shortcomings.
>>
>>30412320
I mainly meant it as you were a FOB leech. But having that many arty pieces in general is just cancerous as fuck. Begging for a strip bomber to come wreck their day.
>>
So how many of these are we going to get? Is there any chance we're going to get a REDFOR India and BLUFOR Pakistan? China vs India campaign when?
>>
>>30408691
Is the UK in this?
>>
China getting good artillery when?
>>
>>30413011
They are
>>30413025
Never, hopefully.
>>
File: 827489217461639.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
827489217461639.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>30413025
>China doesn't have good arty

Have you heard of the BM-24?
>>
>>30412649
Bombers really shouldn't be getting through the AA-network to your spawn. Besides, you don't keep more than one artillery piece in the same place and you move them to a new location after each completed fire mission. Unless the enemy has vision on them he's only ever going to hit anything by dumb luck or extreme vigilance and an immediate counter-barrage (which will of course be met by an immediate counter-counter-barrage because 8 bacons and a very specific window of opportunity). If the enemy does have vision on some of them, you or one of your team mates have fucked up and a clean-up crew needs to be dispatched.
>>
File: noot-noot-mother-fucker.png (153 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
noot-noot-mother-fucker.png
153 KB, 600x700
>>30413725
>tfw your LStR go spawn creeping and find a 0 armor CV near an arty nest
>>
>>30414990
Some of the most fun plays I've ever had in that game are infiltrating SAS deep behind enemy lines to completely fuck over an entire team.

Your CVs? Gone, entire sectors going dark.

And heaven help you if I manage to walk them into your spawn point. I've completely stolen spawn sectors and FOBs by flying in command infantry with the SAS.
>>
>>30415416
Spawnjacking is tough and risky but funny as hell if you can pull it off. I've done it once out of dozens of attempts but it was absolute gold. Two teammates saw what I was doing and saved up a bunch of points. Second I captured it with my CI, in came a pair of Hinds, an Akula, two T-80Bs and a three squads of the 15 man Polish black beret shock infantry. Game over about three minutes later.
>>
>>30409865
This would be the ultimate weapon against upcoming Israel faction
>>
File: Smooth Face S.A.S..png (2 MB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
Smooth Face S.A.S..png
2 MB, 800x585
>>30415683
It really is extremely satisfying exploiting sneaky units to ruin someone.

Second only to exploiting a lack of air defense to ruin someone with airstrikes.

One time I had a butthurt enemy insisting that exploiting how he didn't put up any competent air defense was somehow cheating, obviously we were supposed to politely decline to airstrike his entire army to the pits of hell.
>>
>>30411142
nobody fucking plays it
>>
>>30410543
Pure Poland is fine. their AA is passable, really only their arty is lacking. they have everything else covered.
>acceptable recon
>counter-air helis
>great jet options (could use better bombers maybe)
>excellent spammable shock troops
>phenomenal anti-inf Specops and sappers
>best tanks outside Russia
if you play to poland's strengths they're perfectly viable. I would say they're more viable than solo DDR, DPRK, and China. And they're arguably no more or less viable than solo Czechs, who have better everything except tanks and jets.
>>
I bought this game a few days ago and have no idea how to play.

Help. Is there a good guide to this?
>>
>>30417329
Yes. It's also several hundred pages long. Should be right there in the Steam Guides list. You'll know the one.
>>
>>30408691
i love it you can kick some majour ass with the anzac deck so dam good
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 640x1136
>>30417419

Just spam shitty ten point tanks all day.

>mfw I once encountered a Norway pre-1980 deck
>>
>>30410720
America actually viewed Finland as a threat, or apathetic neutral at best.
>>
File: uafmarkings.jpg (149 KB, 843x420) Image search: [Google]
uafmarkings.jpg
149 KB, 843x420
>>30409642
The funny think is the BUK ingame has a Ukrainian Armed Forces symbol on it
pic is from AB but it's still there in RD
>proof that ukrainians shot down MH17
>>
>>30417535
This honestly, hordes of Bulldogs backed up by a line of supply trucks as far back as the eye can see
>>
>>30410543
Czechs have one of the strongest minor nation decks in the game, they are definitely playable.

One of my favourite decks in the game is Czech National
>>
>>30417300
Honestly I find solo DDR more playable than solo Poland. Motoschutzen are great as standard infantry, Wachtregiment for building to building stuff and LStR/FJB for sneeki breeki. Tank selections aren't too shabby, just shy of superheavies. Great recon choices, love my cheapshit Grenzers. Their helo selection is dicks but that's not a big deal and their planes are damn near everything Russia has.
>>
nice to see they're not even taking their own game seriously any more

remember when wargame was actually about a realstic european ww3 scenario? lol enjoy fighting with israel and imaginary yugo units in korea
>>
>>30417900
>Tank selections aren't too shabby
no I really can't stand them to be blunt.
both Poland and Czechs have a good T-55 option; DDR has none

their T-72M is admittedly great but I'd rather have the Wilk

and the T-72S can't hit shit despite its outrageous price. they gave it a cost buff but I think they truly need to come down by 10 points each. Britain gets the fucking Challenger I for less cost than DDR's gun-only T-72S, what a load of bullshit.

Truly, I would agree with you and be happy with what tanks DDR gets, if only the T-72S cost less.
>>
This game is shit and the devs ruined it for sure 1000 percent. EE was good but everything after got progressively shittier.

the only good part is the alt-right faggot memer community of racists
>>
>>30417932

It's just a a ploy for money.

Anyway, yeah. Game is fucking RUINED by that completly. Only once did i get to play a game with period correct Nork/ SK units (1980) and that was a sweet ass game.

The game is fucking broken and stupid. The tank battles make zero sense, and the ATGM's are either OP or beyond worthless. Unit pricing makes no sense (10 for a magic humvee that carrys up to 15 men) or 5 pts for a fucking M113. Meanwhile, BMP's are as expensive as M2 bradleys. WTF.

The AP mechanics of KE penetrators are pants on head retarded. You will get mopped by super heavy tanks and your lesser tanks won't even fire a shot back (WTF).
>>
does anyone want to play ALB ever? It's my favorite game in the series and it's ever so dead.
>better, more creative deckbuilding
>no broken Superheavy tanks, T-80U still has its place
>no amphibious units (less realistic but better for game and map balance)

ALB was just the right mix of RTS and realism. it nailed the "realistic style, but accessible gameplay" thing in a way RD just didn't. I don't mean to say that RD is realistic. it's just that they injected too much unneeded realism into the game.
>>
>>30410253
the nation that survived soviet invasion
all the other nordics are in except for icelands coast guard
people were going "where the fuck is finland lol"

I dont know if Finland will be redfor or blufor, since they were pretty much completely neutral during cold war

Yugoslavia became neutral ish as well

Maybe they can be played on both blufor and redfor?
>>
>>30410720
the equipment was all REDFOR, RKs, PKMs, Mig21s, but also some drakens and and stuff from sweden

I think Yugoslavia and Finland will be playable on both blufor and redfor in some weird neutral option
>>
>>30417970
>1 point truck spam used to bait ATGMs into oblivion
Pass.
>>
>>30417999
>have two autocannon units
>turn off your missiles
woah pro-level strats
>>
>>30417270
Which is a shame, because RD is so much worse than ALB used to be.
>>
>>30417989
Yugoslavia and Finland will be Redfor.

Alternate timeline, guess they got sucked into the war one way or another.
>>
>>30417957
>Good part
>alt-right memer community of racists
pick one
>>
File: tumblr_o831yejq7r1rz8vg3o2_1280.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1176) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o831yejq7r1rz8vg3o2_1280.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1176
>>30417989
>Win final BLUEFOR campaign in ALB.
>Epilogue about broken and scattered soviets retreating through Finland, thinking they're safe.
>Until the Finnish partisans begin to pick them off one by one.

My dick, the little blurbs at the end were great.
>>
Any good RTS games that have a focus on infantry?
>>
Hopes for next wargame?

>202X timeframe, keep all of the current nations and maybe add one or two. Focus on bringing rosters up to current time equipment and 'future' equipment.
>Expand the balance scale, keep current balance where it is but let units be better than the current max.
>East Asia focus again.
>Tweak single player campaign, keep the current overall RISK style but seed in more scripted battles and tweak how exhausted and disorganized units become. Also fix AI so verses matches don't become 'watch this single road'. Also, make everything larger scale with it.
>Either scrap naval or put the effort into expanding it that it deserves. Take a serious and long look at how it currently works and how to change it for the better.
>>
>>30420706
Company of heroes to a certain extent, there's definitely vehicles but microing infantry is a thing.

Men of war in the same vein.
>>
I doubt the prospect of buying half a dozen $6 DLC is gonna attract a lot of people in the long term.
And I suspect this change of policy is due to their AoA crash.

>>30420735
Please no. Eugen needs to focus on what's broken instead of adding more stuff that makes balance impossible.
Less "corridor" battleflieds would be a good start; conquest that doesn't depend on CV too.
And recon and ident tuning.
And smaller cost increments so cheap transports and units aren't such a mess.

Seriously, I'm still bugged by the fact that EE has the best maps of the entire series.
>>
File: 4760_20160624172324_1.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
4760_20160624172324_1.png
2 MB, 1600x900
valley battle
>>
File: docu01578a.jpg (30 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
docu01578a.jpg
30 KB, 610x400
Reminder that one of the /k/v/ memebers of our board created a group for exclusivley pre80s vietnam style play. We small, but good.

Currently using the 7cav teamspeak due to its security levels keeping the shitters out of our way.
>>
They need to make a 5v5 or 10v10 urban map. I imagine duking it out block by block with my motos '90
>>
>>30421093
Here comes the B-5

Here comes the F-111C
>>
>>30421138
also all of the sappers :) It's actually more relevant if they make a full urban map
>>
File: Wargame_Red_Dragon_votes-2.jpg (77 KB, 630x440) Image search: [Google]
Wargame_Red_Dragon_votes-2.jpg
77 KB, 630x440
>>30410253
People voted.
>>
>>30408691
There's a steam group for this, actually.
It's called war/k/ame.
Not so active anymore, sadly.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WarKame
>>
>>30420735
>US Riflemen '20
>M4A1
>M240B
>XM-25

>F-22
>Air-detection: Exceptional
>Stealth: Exceptional
>Speed: >1000
>ECM: Exceptional
>6x AMRAAM
>2x AIM9x

Jesus fuck
>>
>>30421315
>350 points to deploy one
>killed by a drunk KUB operator with a single critical hit
>eternal butthurt ensues

We're better off without these fancy new toys.
>>
File: 1465050940693.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1465050940693.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>30421241
>finland is redfor
>>
File: Hot airspace.webm (3 MB, 1700x730) Image search: [Google]
Hot airspace.webm
3 MB, 1700x730
bump
>>
>>30410365
>>30410321
>>30410278

I think they simply ran out of steam after Red Dragon, after all they released all three games at quite short intervals, like what, 18 months between each? They probably wanted to get some fresh air and experiment with something else, after the less than stellar feedback on the naval batrtles. Too bad they choose a genre who is so old, demands so much pinpoint balance and has such nostalgia value that it is basically impossible to make a successful one. I would have loved to get a pants on head retarded Ruse with the most idiotic shenanigans possible, but hey, at least they didn't rushed into the next Wargame for easy money.

As a side note I can't wait to get some more REDFOR, South Asian if possible (Vietnam goddamnit, why did you not vote for it guys?! Tsahal?! REALLY?!), then maybe RED/BLUE packs like Iraq/Iran, Egypt/something else that is blue and not israel and kinda historicaly opposed to it, South Africa/Angola (though i doubt Angola had much to oppose SA), etc.
>>
File: 1453509035430.jpg (111 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
1453509035430.jpg
111 KB, 800x556
Theres a pretty active ts group on 191.101.225.88, lots of people to play with.
>>
File: 1433367516135.jpg (37 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1433367516135.jpg
37 KB, 500x581
>>30408691
>Israel faction
>Playable on both sides
>>
>>30421876
Redfor lacks factions. I'm a finn and I'm fine with it. Redfor is the more fun faction anyway.
>>
>>30424431

>3 games

Nigger it was like 3 expansion packs, they are just retard frogs so they had to fucking remake the whole game to implement amphibious vehicles (WTF)
>>
>>30410543
>>30417850
55%.

the entire faction of the Czechs is ruined by this one number. the Moderna, which as the potential for being one of the best tanks in the game, has 55% accuracy. that's less than Chieftain X. Less than the M1A1. It's even less than some motherfucking T-55s

if it was just a bit better, maybe 60%, it would have at least the same high probability as the Twardy, and the faction would be saved. I know I sound melodramatic, but it's a fucking tragic statistic.
>>
>>30428899
It is overly dramatic. A slight change in accuracy on a single unit does not make or break a faction. 5% is absolutely nothing.
>>
>>30428847

Didn't the Finns have heavy Soviet leanings during the Cold War? Similar to how Sweden was neutral but clearly leaned towards the West?

>>30421241

Why did they bother with the Netherlands then? Doesn't seem like too many people would care.
>>
>>30428941

No, 5 percent is more accurate by definition.
>>
>>30428954
Because the Netherlands requires no new models, it was a test to see the interest
>>
>>30428960
Not enough to make or break a unit, and especially not a faction. That was the entire point.
>>
>>30428954
Well, some people think that finns were being soviets lapdog during cold war. The realistic people realize, that when you have 1300 km landborder with soviets, you need to negotiate with them. IMO finns were a neutral party in cold war, but with much more leaning to west than east, less so at 50-70s and more nearing the end. And with FDF existing because of soviets, and finland not being in the warsaw pact, its pretty funny. But I guess they can make finland redfor because of YYA-deal (loosely translated as agreement on friendship, cooperatioon and mutual assistance deal) done in 1948. If im remembering/telling this wrong, some other finn can correct me.
>>
>>30428954
Finland would've sought to be neutral, and failing that, to be against the USSR in any major confrontation, provided they could secure a solid alliance with the western powers (which wasn't a given). However, the game required another redfor nation, and finland could be seen as a potential redfor nation due to its neutral preference.

Realistically, any decision made in that time would've been heavily influenced by what could be offered by NATO and co. *up front*. When USSR invaded finland at the start of the winter war, the western world had done jack shit to condemn soviet demands for finnish territory, and continued to do next to nothing to press the USSR.
>>
>>30428954
Finland had good relations with the Soviets, and were more valuable as an intermediary very close to the Soviet sphere than as a subject. The combination of this fact and masterful handling of Soviet relations by a few leaders kept them neutral. Realistically there was no chance of Finland joining the west in a conflict.
>Scenario A: Soviets don't want to fight anyone else but want Finland.
Won't happen, more useful as a weaker friend than as a bomber base. Not worth the small risk of Western intervention and Sweden abandoning it's neutrality for security with the West.
>Scenario B: There's a world war on, let's conquer them just to be safe.
Not actually that safe. Finnish military during the cold war was terrible with the only advantage being the conscription system and the few Western weapon systems. However the terrain is some of the worst tank country in the world. Finland wouldn't rely on any Western intervention (as if it'd happens) but wouldn't stop them either. And Soviets needed every man in Norway and Germany. They already had control of the baltic too.
>>
>>30429036
>the Netherlands requires no new models

There are four entirely new models, around a dozen variations of existing models, and around 50 new unit portraits.

I won't even try counting all the models they reskinned, it's something like 50 though
>>
File: 20160627202411_1.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160627202411_1.jpg
586 KB, 1920x1080
UUURRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
File: wargame_zergin.webm (3 MB, 480x299) Image search: [Google]
wargame_zergin.webm
3 MB, 480x299
>>30430244
>>
>>30410511
>>30410316

should make pure continental expansion packs tb.h

all-south american wargame or all-middle east wargame, hell, even an Africa one would be cool as fuck, nothing but the lowest tier units to spam endlessly.
>>
File: VIOLENCE ITENSIFIES.png (1 MB, 1920x1340) Image search: [Google]
VIOLENCE ITENSIFIES.png
1 MB, 1920x1340
>enemy is doing a helo attack on one of my points
>he doesn't know I have 12 PIVADS in the woods nearby
>he doesn't know this
>until they all roll out
>and slaughter every hind with only 1 casualty
>>
File: wargame3 2014-04-25 21-13-40-23.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wargame3 2014-04-25 21-13-40-23.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>pretty lights
>>
>>30420735
I want Wargame: Proxies, and I want them to bring back the badass campaign style that EE had. Keep the multiplayer good too, but seriously, there's so much Eugen could draw upon. African bushwars (including /k/'s favorite nation of Rhodesia), Yom Kippur War, Vietnam vs. Cambodia, Operation Condor, Nicaraguan Revolution, shit like that.
>>
File: BRLeon.jpg (18 KB, 621x262) Image search: [Google]
BRLeon.jpg
18 KB, 621x262
>>30421241
>TFW only 3.7% of us wanted Ratel IFVs screaming across the map followed by Olifants and SADF '90
>>
>>30430244
With no large artillery bombardment to support the attack? Absolute madman did it.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.