[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It would seem that the general consensus on 19s around here is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: f1glk19ngen3.jpg (125 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
f1glk19ngen3.jpg
125 KB, 800x520
It would seem that the general consensus on 19s around here is gen 3 over gen 4. Why exactly is that? Does the 4 have a different finish? Is the frame structurally compromised?

Thinking about getting one but would like done people's opinions on the two
>>
>>30407895
I've had gen 2s and 3s and a 4. I only have gen 3 now. Nothing particularly wrong with the gen 4. Some people have had problems....usually ejection related. The gen 3s just got everything right. Only reason to get a gen 4 is for the optic mount
>>
>>30407911
Bigger mag release was better in gen 4

Hard to fit the extended gen 3 release in a holster.
>>
When you walk into a funstore the gen3 and gen4 will be sitting next to each other. One will be ~$50 cheaper.
That's the difference.
>>
>>30409288
But Gen4 has 3 mags, so it's really only $25 more expensive when you factor in the cost of an extra mag.

The superior grip texture and larger mag release on gen4 is worth the extra $25 for me
>>
>>30407895
>Gen 4 trigger is a little nicer out of the box, doesn't feel as mushy
>grip texture feels good, maybe better in the hand than Gen 2 or 3 - no slick sides, but comfortable, and doesn't feel like 80 grit sandpaper when carrying
>mag release is a little easier to reach, doesn't feel as mushy
>different grip size options (I don't use them myself, but a lot of people really appreciate this)
>different style recoil spring (I am not convinced that this is better, but can't see how it's worse, inherently.)

They are all minor differences, but, I think they are all upgrades, so if given the choice between the two for about the same price (the extra magazine pretty much makes up for the price difference), then it's enough to make me choose the Gen 4.
>>
>>30407895
That is not the general consensus
>>
>>30407895
The finish on all new Glocks (not just Gen 4's, but new Gen 3's too) looks a little different, but supposedly is no different in terms of corrosion resistance. Glock says that the tennifer finish is still the same, they just put a different surface finish on the new Glocks which people apparently like, since it makes their guns look like they get more use than they actually do.
>>
>>30407895
Both Gen 3 and Gen 4 work well
The standard new price difference is $50 but you get an extra mag with the Gen 4
If you get a used Gen 3 the price generally hovers around $400 which is $110 to $150 cheaper than the gen 4
>>
>>30407895
You want a pre-2010 G19 Gen 3.

Gen4 is fuckin trash. You cannot improve upon perfection, you can only shit it up.

Honestly, if they made a Gen 2 with a light rail and RTF finish in a TB model with stock extended slide release and mag release and stock raised supressor sights, (-) connector with blue firing pin spring and maritime cups standard, it would be the best selling 9mm in the world.

Gen4's add unnecessary complications such as backstraps and more parts to break/lose. It was made to cater to wimmin and limpwristed faggits with ladylike hands. Gen4 is also the first glock to ever actually RUST. No more real fuckin tennifer by cyanide acid bath, just T-Fal fryingpan finish and MIMshit everywhere.
>>
>>30409552
>If you get a used Gen 3 the price generally hovers around $400 which is $110 to $150 cheaper than the gen 4
Gen 3 used price is $425-450 and Gen 4 used price is $475-500 where I am, so if you compare apples to apples, the difference is the same.
>>
>>30407895
slight differences about two slightly better than average guns. either one is good for noguns/new2guns. you won't go wrong, you certainly won't have the best of anything, but not a bad place to start.
>>
>>30409571
>You want a pre-2010 G19 Gen 3.
The only real reason for this is to avoid getting a gun with an erratic brass ejection pattern (started appearing as an issue in the 2011-2013 range), but Glock has fixed this issue.

>Gen4 is fuckin trash. You cannot improve upon perfection, you can only shit it up.
," says the person recommending Gen 3 over Gen 1.

>Honestly, if they made a Gen 2 with a light rail and RTF finish in a TB model with stock extended slide release and mag release and stock raised supressor sights, (-) connector with blue firing pin spring and maritime cups standard, it would be the best selling 9mm in the world.
Huh???? But I thought you couldn't improve upon perfection? That's an awful lot of shit you're proposing to add to a supposedly perfect gun.

>Gen4's add unnecessary complications such as backstraps and more parts to break/lose.
The plural is used when there is more than one item in your list.

>It was made to cater to wimmin and limpwristed faggits with ladylike hands.
That explains the large and extra large backstraps.
>Gen4 is also the first glock to ever actually RUST.
You're an idiot.
>No more real fuckin tennifer by cyanide acid bath, just T-Fal fryingpan finish
No, that is incorrect.
>and MIMshit everywhere.
They have the same number of MIM parts as new production Gen 3's.
>>
>>30409622
Tell us more about how you only use and carry firearms that have had their balls delicately tickled by Magnum Research Engineering
>>
>>30409410
This.
>>
>>30407895
The price and the mag release are the only things you will ever actually notice, chose whichever suits you both for those factors.

My only issue with the gen 3 and 4 glocks are those dumbfuck finger ridge things on the front of the grip, but not enough hate for them that I didn't get a gen 4 g27 for my concealed carry.

>>30409571
>add unnecessary complications such as backstraps and more parts to break/lose

Then don't change out the backstrap you worthless sodomite.
>>
>>30409571
>a peice of plastic held in place with a pin that in no way affects any function part of the firearm

If it triggers your autism so hard, just throw away the back straps and the larger pin used to hold them in place you stupid ass faggot
>>
File: glock.jpg (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
84 KB, 400x400
>>30409650
not sure what your attempted insult means, but I think you think glocks are just a teensie bit better than they are.
>>
>>30407895
>Is the frame structurally compromised?
>Thinking about getting one but would like done people's opinions on the two
but a gen2 and kys with it. fucking idiot.
>>
>>30409571
This is what autism in it's purest form looks like
>>
>>30409724
Excellent facebook meme picture friend, did you get that from your mother's wall?
>>
>>30409643
>The only real reason for this is to avoid getting a gun with an erratic brass ejection pattern (started appearing as an issue in the 2011-2013 range), but Glock has fixed this issue.
no. born on dates of june-sept 2010 is when they switched to MIMshit.

>>30409643
>," says the person recommending Gen 3 over Gen 1.
wtf u talkin bout cunt? thats my first post, this is my second. also LOL at trying to find a real Gen1 G19. Dumbfucks on GunJoker are gobbling up $800+ just for cutdown Gen1 G17's being advertized as G19's.

>Huh???? But I thought you couldn't improve upon perfection? That's an awful lot of shit you're proposing to add to a supposedly perfect gun.
Its not implementing a new design, its modifying a default configuration of proven parts already for sale by Glock. Can you breathe and walk at the same time?

>The plural is used when there is more than one item in your list.
yea, ur right, switching out parts is the same thing as adding more parts.

>That explains the large and extra large backstraps.
these just add an extended beavertail you dumb cunt. and tell me, what are the sizes? Small, Large and Extra large?

>You're an idiot.
Go look it up before you open your ignorant fuckin cockgobbler.

>No, that is incorrect.
o'rly?

>They have the same number of MIM parts as new production Gen 3's.
Did I say new production Gen3's? Fuckin idiot......

>>30409662
>>30409690
>ladyhanded butthurt: the posts
Go count how many parts a Gen3 has, and then go count how many a Gen4 has. Then go look why m-muh SEULZZZZZ dropped the boatanchor in favor for a, wait for it, NON-Gen4 G19.
>>
>>30409741
This is what shitposting iggnint nigger in it's purest form looks like
>>
>>30409765
>zero substantive rebuttle

yep, that's butthurt.

if you read my first post, I didn't say anything negative about glocks, and you got pissy. If anyone needs his mommy, it's you.
>>
>>30409801
>no. born on dates of june-sept 2010 is when they switched to MIMshit.
And MIM extractors are primarily blamed for causing the erratic ejection problems that plagued guns produced shortly after the switch... or do you just think that MIM parts are inherently worse than machined parts? And if so, explain why.

>yea, ur right, switching out parts is the same thing as adding more parts.
More parts does not equal worse quality, but aside from the extra backstraps, the number of parts to "lose" is the same. How you would lose the extra spring in the recoil spring assembly, or how that would be more prone to breakage, is beyond me.

>Go look it up.
Glock is on record saying that the new Glocks looking different is only a surface aspect, and the same tennifer finish exists on all Glocks underneath the matte surface layer. You're making the claim to the contrary, so the burden of proof is on you.

As for the rest of your self-contradicting post, you're obviously not thinking before writing, so, in the interest in not getting covered in shit, I'll overlook your most egregious hypocrisies that apparently make your brain hurt so much that you revert to niggerspeak.
>>
>>30409850
>but aside from the extra backstraps, the number of parts to "lose" is the same.
Wrong. Gen 4's come with a third magazine, which can also be lost if you live like a slob and don't know how to take care of your things.
>>
>>30409850
>And MIM extractors are primarily blamed for causing the erratic ejection problems that plagued guns produced shortly after the switch... or do you just think that MIM parts are inherently worse than machined parts? And if so, explain why.

Glock parts used to be made from FORGED tool steel, before they subcontracted with MIMIndia - the largest MIMshit producer in the world.

>>30409850
>More parts does not equal worse quality, but aside from the extra backstraps, the number of parts to "lose" is the same. How you would lose the extra spring in the recoil spring assembly, or how that would be more prone to breakage, is beyond me.
The less parts, the better. Less chance to break/fail. As I said before, Gen4's creation was for a specific market that glock didnt cover previously, aka lefty, wimmin, wimmin-handed men, sissyhanded toothpick arms, etc. For normal sized manhands, the fat mag release can sometimes actuate accidentally from a misplaced grip or rolling of the thumb.

>Go look it up.
Go look up something besides what their PR marketing department tells you. Their license with DuPont expired, and with EU EPA forcing metalworkers to switch to more 'earth-friendly' chemicals, its impossible that the process stayed exactly the same. They basically said, its different, but its the same. However, pictures of rusted gen4 glocks do not lie.
>>
>>30409908
>>Glock parts used to be made from FORGED tool steel, before they subcontracted with MIMIndia - the largest MIMshit producer in the world.
You're not explaining why that's a bad thing.

>The less parts, the better. Less chance to break/fail.
Then why aren't commercial airplanes falling out of the sky, given that they have millions of parts? Because you're an idiot.

>a bunch of retarded bullshit about manlets
>muh "picture proofs"
Convincing nobody.
>>
>>30409941
Ok, new guy here.

MIM is less structurably durable. Period. This is accentuated when comparing shear resistance. This is due to a non homogenous grain structure.

We figured out over 200 years ago, pretty much globally, that forged>cast across all metals. And yes, MIM is cast.

Now, just like cast metal in other applications, some parts CAN be cast/MIMd with no issues. Anything expected to retain an edge or have any flex (such as extractors) isnt one of them.
>>
>>30409998
So, you think that data from 200 years ago about technology is still relevant today? Just curious.
>>
>>30409941
>Then why aren't commercial airplanes falling out of the sky,
have you been living under a rock?
>brand new 777's dropping like flies, all due to left wing engine failure
>older 747's going 'missing' in the oceans
either the joo media is lying about ISIS shooting them down to prevent panic, or they actually are...... you decide. also,
>strawmanning this hard.
lol get rekt bitch. try to substantiate your flaming with something other than "b-but I liek my Gen4, leave the wool over my eyes... IT CAME WITH AN EXTRA MAG!!!"
>>
>>30410012
>So, you think that data is relevant?
jebus, you have to be a fuckin librul airhead.... Are you sure you are mentally capable of owning firearms?
>>
>>30409908
>only gen 4 glocks rust guiz
>>
File: 101_0151.jpg (68 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
101_0151.jpg
68 KB, 576x432
>>30410035
Real fucking tennifer
>>
File: 6896509_orig.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
6896509_orig.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>30410047
>>
>>30410035
You should caption that that is from a boatwreck in saltwater, where it sat for over 2 years

http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/should-glock-19-gen-4-start-to-rust-after-4-5-months.1592043/print

get bootyblasted.
>>
File: recoveredglockrightside.jpg (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
recoveredglockrightside.jpg
65 KB, 800x600
>>30410054
>>
>>30410016
I can only think that you are typing purely out of an emotional response at this point, and are not actually evaluating what you are saying for how it would sound to an objective observer.

In 2014, there were an average of over 100,000 commercial flights every day - 37.4 million in the year. A couple of planes getting hit by ISIS missiles when flying over the Middle East, North Africa, Indonesia, etc. does not constitute any kind of demonstration of how more parts leads to more failures.
>>
>>30410034
That's not what I asked. Do you think that firearms technology from the days of the flintlock musket is still relevant and hasn't been replaced by newer ideas and materials?
>>
>>30410075
>attempting to facade your true stupidity by using 'big werds' out of correct context
>reaching that far with your already poorly constructed comparison of a G19 with "muh gorillion parts modern jets"

yea, Im done here. I dropped the facts, and you dumped a load of shit.
>>
>>30410108
Not an argument.
>>
>>30410093
>flintlock musket
wow. I can see how your pea-brain reasons and works, and it literally gives me a headache. go back to tumblr so you can suck on some more 'dank memes' and shitpost with ur other keyboard ballerinas
>>
>>30410121
Not an argument.
>>
get gen4 if you have extremely small hands otherwise there is no advantage to it
>>
>>30410058
That link doesn't say anything about boatwrecks or saltwater, I just read the whole damn thread.
>>
>>30409811
take your medication little boy
>>
>>30409571
>>30409801
Yer a fucking retard man.
>>
>>30410061
Looks like copper grease. Glock brand Glock lube.
>>
>>30407895
the gen 4 had some issued during the initial release with the double nested recoil spring binding and causing reliability issues.

I believe the defective pistols were recalled, and today the gen 4s perform as advertised.

Some old school guys just like the gen3s more because their confidence in the gen 4 isn't rock solid but that's more of a personal preference based on feelings because they haven't bothered to buy one and prove their presuppositions wrong.

The gen 4 and gen 3 competed side by side in the Vickers torture test (on youtube) and the only failing in either design was when the trigger (identical between the two designs to the best of my knowledge) was partially blown off (on the gen 4) when it was strapped to a barrel of binary explosives and then they were set off. Even after that failure, when what remained of the trigger was pressed, the firearm functioned as intended.
>>
>>30410906
>I believe the defective pistols were recalled

Actually they just sent new recoil springs out for the affected guns and it fixed the issue.
>>
>>30407895
Late gen 4 > late gen 3 > early gen 4
>>
File: LebJ5KZ.jpg (86 KB, 514x600) Image search: [Google]
LebJ5KZ.jpg
86 KB, 514x600
>>30411000
chekd
>>
>>30407895
I wish they would roll back to the Gen3 personally.

They tried to add a better recoil spring system, and interchangeable back-straps, and screwed it up.

Take your pick, if you are willing to work with the Gen 4 enough that you are sure it will function 100% reliably (this may require swapping parts out) then it's fine.
>>
>>30412532
>if you are willing to work with the Gen 4 enough that you are sure it will function 100% reliably (this may require swapping parts out) then it's fine.
what the fug

>>30409846
>rebuttle
dude
>>
>>30412578
>what the fug

That's what they say.
They replace the ejector or extractor or recoil springs, and then it works 100% and they claim they trust it enough to carry it everyday.

I don't have a Gen 4, check youtube.
>>
>>30407911
I fully agree with this gentleman.
>>
Glock got BTFO by the Sig P320.
>>
>>30407895
All said, gen 4 > gen 3.

gen 4 frame can use gen 3 slides
gen 3 frame can not use gen 3 slides
gen 4 frame has a better mag release
gen 4 frame has a switchable ambi mag release
gens 3 and 4 frames both have shitty finger grips
gen 4 backstraps for large hands
gen 4 slide can be ordered factory milled (MOS model)
>>
File: 20160326_115012_2.png (3 MB, 1591x1161) Image search: [Google]
20160326_115012_2.png
3 MB, 1591x1161
Suck my dick haters. This is an excellent sidearm for the pocylips and it is probably the single best handgun for the end times, zombies or any other SHTF scenario. I look forward to killing many people with it.
>>
>>30413112
>gen 4 frame can use gen 3 slides
>gen 3 frame can not use gen 3 slides
Sorry, what?
>>
>>30409288

No Gen3 sits around long enough for that type of comparison here.
>>
>>30409571
you actually bought into the memes didn't you
>>
>>30407895
Glock fanbois think their gun is perfection and refuse to get with the times, so any changes made are seen as bad changes but they eventually come around and realize they made it suck slightly less, like they do with every gen of glocks.
>>
File: FNS-9.jpg (3 MB, 4272x2848) Image search: [Google]
FNS-9.jpg
3 MB, 4272x2848
>>30407895
Just get a glock gen 15 and be done with it.
>>
>>30411000
Trips of truth.
>>
>>30409334
The grip and mag release were why I made my first glock a gen 4
>>
>go to gun store after shooting glawk brand glawk
>look at glawk brand glawk
>500+
>buy Smith and Wesson SD9
>basically improved on sigma
>which got s&w sued for being too much glawk
>SD9 better in every single way than sigma
>sigma =glawk, and SD9>sigma, than SD9>glawk.

ITT Glawkfags triggered
>>
>>30417166
Furthermore, there's about a billion guns that are way better than SD9. And as previously stated, SD9 is better than glawk. So there's a billion and 1 guns better than glawk.

>tfw when 9mm hipoint shoots more accurate than glock 19
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.