[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most retarded thing you've seen at the range?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: gun-fail.jpg (37 KB, 487x418) Image search: [Google]
gun-fail.jpg
37 KB, 487x418
What's the most retarded thing you've seen at the range? Worst nd?
>>
Old fart sending his grand daughter down to stand by the target stands and run over to point out where he had hit.

Public range.
>>
File: download.jpg (774 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
774 KB, 1600x1200
>No, I'm serious, when I put the slant brake on so it directs the blast down and to the left, it helps the recoil on my AK!
>>
>>30394184
What, no fucking way?
>>30394211
Does the AK slant break not work? I fired mine with and without it and I noticed that its significantly more unpleasant without the break.
>>
>>30394211
There are no words.
>>
>>30394224
>Pointing down and to the side
>Gas pushes the muzzle up and to the right
>Enjoy missing your follow-up shots
>>
>shooting mosin nagant
>first trigger pull
>immediately everyone stops firing to look at me
>"Uhhhhhhhmmmmmm what are you doing!?!?"
>slowly and deliberating pull the bolt back and push it back in while making eye contact
>"You know you need a license for that, those are illegal!!"
>"What, FMJ ammo? It's not FMJ"
>"No that GUN!!!"
>Fire one more shot then pack up and leave
>Never go back to that range again
>>
File: grinds-my-gears.jpg (14 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
grinds-my-gears.jpg
14 KB, 320x248
>>30394164
never seen a ND but i have seen these things that grind my gears:

>retard muzzle sweeping with a loaded weapon and poor TD
>large animal trots onto the outdoor range and RO doesnt call cease fire
>retard shooting the ceiling at an indoor range
>uncasing before getting to the shooting line
>uncasing without the muzzle pointed downrange
>touching weapon at shooting table during cease fire while other people are downrange (outdoor range)
>>
>>30394256
What?
>>
>>30394164
Just guys fucking around with guns during line breaks
>early-mid 30s white-looking hispanic guy to my left
>has PTR91 and 20rd mags (CA about five yrs ago, little before 10/20s were common)
>his toddler son is running around while he shoots
>PTR is a jam-o-matic, he calls an RO over and the RO unfucks it temporarily
>keeps jamming, during next line break he tries to fix it and gets the loudspeaker
>leaves afterward, don't know if the RO kicked him out
>>
>at wilshire gun
>practicing with my Vz. 61
>Suddenly a guy and his gf or wife comes in
>loading mags and he pulls out an AR Pistol
>get up to the booth and start shooting
>guy with AR pistol two lanes over has a laser going all over the place
>starts bump firing
>laser jumps all over my target because he can't control it
>staff comes in multiple times to tell him to stop bump firing
>they didn't eject him
Wilshire is a nice place, but the staff is too nice to people in the range. Also fuck lasers, they annoy the living hell out of me.
>>
>>30394346
Do they bother your special eyes?
>>
>>30394211
>MilSurpDude is a hobbit standing foward and to the left of slant AK man
>>
>>30394256
Where do you live... so I know never to go.
>>
>>30394256
My mosin gets people to pay attention, but I haven't heard something like that. And I live in a cuck state.
>>
>>30394256
Anon, fucking explain. Where were you and who said this shit, because if you're in America I don't believe you.
>>
>>30394304
>uncasing before getting to the shooting line
>uncasing without the muzzle pointed downrange
>touching weapon at shooting table during cease fire while other people are downrange (outdoor range)
None of those things matter if they clear their weapon.
>>
My local range has the odd bullet hole in the roof over the firing lanes. While I wait for my barrel to cool down between strings, I like to gaze at the blue sky through those holes and imagine exactly how some dangerous idiot made them.

Take this how you will, but the majority of them appear to be .224" in diameter.
>>
File: 382_Safety-Sally-ORG-Logo.jpg (25 KB, 382x377) Image search: [Google]
382_Safety-Sally-ORG-Logo.jpg
25 KB, 382x377
>>30394515
technically correct...
but i prefer multiple points of mitigation to counter the multiple points of failure that retards could potentially bring to the table
call me a safety sally if you want, but im going to continue doing it this way
>>
>>30394515
yeah but you can never know for sure, there ARE idiots with guns. First hand story my friend somehow got shot through the foot by .22 revolver, cant remember who said it was unloaded but it was partly her brothers fault, yes also violating rules never point and finger off trigger, but if people are fiddling with their guns while others are down range...
P.S. not original guy
>>
>>30394304
> Large animal trots onto the outdoor range and the RO doesn't call cease fire.

Depending on your state, a shooting range must call animal control if an animal is killed on site. You'd think the ROs would want to avoid the hassle.
>>
>>30394553
Fair enough.
>>30394555
Like I said, if they clear the weapon before hand and doing something with it that doesn't involve unsafe shit like pulling the trigger or putting a magazine in it, then it doesn't matter. I know a guy who cleans his rifle between every string while people change their targets.

It's also a waste of my time if I have to sit with my hands in my pockets for 15 minutes while Fucky McGee walks to the 300 yard line to change targets because the RO is so anal I can't reload my magazines while I wait.

Side note: I know a guy who put a nice long scar on his leg because he had a cocked .22 mag revolver stuck down the front of his pants while getting a lap dance at the local strip joint.
>>
>>30394608
>leg

I have a friend who is a paramedic in South Africa.
She gets an average of 3 calls a month from people shooting their testicles with .22 handguns due to placing them in their belts cocked.

Makes you suddenly wonder if there are people who really shouldn't have access to firearms.
>>
>>30394608
no i get it, the wait sucks sometimes, and if you point the gun up instead of down range you *should* be ok, but you never know when some dipshit will try and clear a jam themselves like
>>30394553
said better safe than sorry at public range with strangers
>>
>>30394632
The only reason he hit his leg is because it had an 8" barrel so it went past his dick.
>>30394642
This is true and I can't really be mad at people for being safe, but sometimes it's annoying and unnecessary.

Then again, I never go to a public range if there are more than 2 other people on the firing line.
>>
>>30394555
> Right after a negligent discharge
> "It wasn't loaded. I swear!"

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
My buddy's retarded girlfriend stormed the range during a ceasefire on a busy day before the RO had called all clear. Real eager to change her target and didn't notice everyone else waiting patiently behind the line. She got chewed out.

Damn that girl was dumb.
>>
>be young gun guy
>office holds charity steel matches twice a year
>all the RSO's are old ass fudd's who watch me and the other couple of young guys like hawks
>don't know exactly what happened but some old man gun newbie ND'd and put one through his case
>RSO laughs it off and makes some joke about always being pointed downrange
>would have drawn and shot me in the leg if I had done that
>>
>>30394608
>Side note: I know a guy who put a nice long scar on his leg because he had a cocked .22 mag revolver stuck down the front of his pants while getting a lap dance at the local strip joint.

Why would you know a person that shitty
>>
>>30394682
Him and I were friends in high school. I moved north, got married, had a kid, got a decent job.

He stayed in town, kept smoking weed, started growing and selling weed, and kept that shitty little revolver as his "protection" because he is retarded. He's white btw.

I heard about this happening about 4 years after we graduated from a mutual friend who keeps in touch with our old group better than I do.
>>
>>30394224
It works great. Without one an AK normally recoils up and right. Orienting the brake down and left will make the up and right recoil even worse.
>>
File: PEOXjfb.jpg (817 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
PEOXjfb.jpg
817 KB, 3264x1836
>at Action Impact in Southfield, MI (localbros won't be surprised at this)
>halfway through uneventful range session
>some dude and his girlfriend come in and sets up beside me with an AR pistol
>he's showing her how to use it
>he fires a mag, unloads it, shows her how to load it
>she fires about 10 rounds and puts it down
>he goes to show her how to unload it, finger on the trigger
>"U just take out da clip and dats dat"
>fucking what
>of course he NDs down and left, about a foot in front of my feet
>just looks at me surprised like it was fucking magic

I stopped going there shortly after. Price gouging and shitty staff aside, their clientele is downright dangerous. If any of you poor bastards are in the area go in and look at the range... holes in the rear wall BEHIND THE FIRING LINE, in the floors, ceiling, walls, in the ballistic glass window that looks into the storefront, and one or two lanes are usually down since someone shot them
>>
File: image_QMdDGzr.jpg (91 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image_QMdDGzr.jpg
91 KB, 768x1024
Friend ND'd about a foot away from my leg, he was behind me to the right sitting on my bed.
Luckily it was pointed at the ground or I have been a dead man.

And in that moment I knew the true meaning of EEEEE. Firing guns indoors is no bueno, couldn't hear out of my left. ear for hours
>>
>>30395074
Also

>at Lapeer Pit one day
>it's 16 degrees
>packing up to go home, had a great day
>as we're putting everything in the car a dude and his girlfriend pull up
>GF stays in the car and plays on her phone while guy takes out an AR
>M&P sport, grippod, Beta mag, and shitty Walmart 4x scope
>guy sets up a paper target and starts shooting it, no ear or eye pro
>can even see his GF in the car 10ft away is flinching whenever he fires, she has no ear pro either
>as we're about to leave see his rifle is malfunctioning every other round, and he seemingly has no idea how to fix it
>feel bad so go over and ask if he's having trouble
>says he he just got it, it's his first gun, and doesn't know why it's jamming so much
>tell him Beta mag is shit, he pops in PMAG and fires, same thing
>inspect rifle, it's bone dry
>ask if he's ever lubed it... nope
>ask if he knows how to disassemble and lube the bolt carrier
>nope
>disassemble rifle and BCG and lube it with tetra grease, show him how to do it
>repeatedly ask him if he wants ear pro, says no
>after lubing I pop in the PMAG and fire 10 rounds without issue
>he thanks me and I leave

Still feel bad for the guy and for shooting while he wasn't wearing ear pro, but it was his choice.

There's an old guy at the Pit who wanders around and collects brass, he's nice enough and asks people before taking it, but he also doesn't wear ear pro half the time and I don't like shooting when he's around.
>>
>>30395074
I don't understand these fucking people, correct me if I'm wrong as an ausfag who seldom handles pistols, but this has a fucking safety, no?

I just don't understand how half of this shit happens, even though safety is not perfect, who wouldn't flip it on to unload no matter how inexperienced?
>>
>>30395111
>witnessed
No one ever bothers to learn proper safety and manual of arms.
Ignorance of firearms and their operation is an epidemic(triggered).
>>
>>30395111
The dude did a lot of things wrong, nevermind the safety. First he had no idea how to properly unload a gun; you have to clear the magazine AND the chamber. Then he decided keeping his finger on the trigger was a good idea. Lastly he decided that, instead of keeping the gun pointed downrange, he would point it almost totally sideways at the guy in the stall next to him.

Generally at the range I rarely use manual safeties since firearms are either loaded and being used or unloaded with the actions open.
>>
File: FighterBrake1.jpg (96 KB, 752x700) Image search: [Google]
FighterBrake1.jpg
96 KB, 752x700
>>30394224
>Does the AK slant break not work?

I had one long enough to notice it's better than nothing. I have the 'Fighter Brake' from Definitive Arms now though and love it way more. I'm debating if I want to go through the hoops to put one on an AR just because I am that happy with it.
>>
>>30394164

>Take buddy to range
>He is determined to use a cheapass boresight when he's got perfectly good irons to get started. (Remington 760, beautiful gun manufactured in the 50's)
>It's bright as shit outside. Can't see the laser, so I just get him within 2 inches using the irons and let him dick around with the knobs.
>Gets late, have to go to work. Invite him back next week to try again.

>The next week

>Lay the rifle down, put a shot a mile high at 50 yards.
>Whatthefuck.jpg
>Try to tell him his vintage scope is fucked and not holding zero
>"What the shit!? I just rezeroed it last night in my room to make sure!"
>Rezeroed it last night in my room
>last night in my room
>In my room.
>With a boresight.

>Leave the range
>Politely nod every time he suggests going shooting again
>Never do.
>>
File: Diamondback-DB15-pistol.jpg (24 KB, 750x391) Image search: [Google]
Diamondback-DB15-pistol.jpg
24 KB, 750x391
>>30395111
Also

>I'm wrong as an ausfag who seldom handles pistols

FYI an "AR pistol" is just an AR-15 with a short barrel and no stock. It isn't actually a pistol, it's just called so because it fits a weird legal category since short-barreled rifles with stocks are heavily regulated in the US.
>>
>>30395140
Nah look, if it's his first time ever holding a firearm I could potentially forgive forgetting to rack that last bullet after removing the mag, but to not even use the safety toggle?
These things are made to be used by forest gump, and yet people who seem to be of average and above intelligence still seem to fuck themselves over?

Muzzle sweeping, NDing without serious malfunction, and negligent ammo storage should all be grounds for a madatory day long firearms safety course. Even in the "Shall not be infringed" states, not sure what you Yanks feel about that?
>>
I go to a small time private club, so everyone is usually very chill and knows how to not be retarded.

However me and some of the other members nearly shot this one guy who set up on the 300 yd benches and started sending rounds past us at the 100 yd line. Then got butthurt when we drew on him, saying that we had nothing to worry about since he was such a good shot.

On a side note, I learned that the sound of gunfire coming at you rather than away from you is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>30395196
That is fucking retarded, no offense.
Why not just call it a pistol-class carbine or something similair?
>>
>>30394632
>She gets an average of 3 calls a month from people shooting their testicles with .22 handguns
>>30394632
>Makes you suddenly wonder if there are people who really shouldn't have access to firearms.

Naw, they're shooting their ball off so they won't reproduce too much
>>
>>30395302
>the sound of gunfire coming at you rather than away from you is fucking terrifying.

It sucks to learn, but is good to know. The quickest bravery-leaching thing in the world is that realization way too late.
>>
>>30395322

Because legislators are stupid.
>>
>>30395210
Instead of a class, I'd say a half dozen strikes with the butt of the offenders rifle, or pistol whips would be a better punishment. To be administered by the RO or offended party( in the case of sweeps.)
>>
File: DSC09917.jpg (159 KB, 1500x703) Image search: [Google]
DSC09917.jpg
159 KB, 1500x703
>>30395322
No offense taken, I'm not the one who wrote these retarded legal definitions.

>Why not just call it a pistol-class carbine or something similair?

Carbines by definition also have stocks. The government decided to throw these abominations in with all other pistols, which is fine by me as otherwise they'd be considered the same as short-barreled rifles.

Also, if you think that's retarded, you should see "pistol braces". Since you can't legally put a stock on an AR pistol we have these "braces" that are totally not stocks. Our government says they're legal so long as we promise not to shoulder them, because if we do that would be illegal. So yeah, the honor system is actually part of the gun laws here.
>>
File: 1447548842188.jpg (30 KB, 580x579) Image search: [Google]
1447548842188.jpg
30 KB, 580x579
>>30395332
Tbh I thought it was some guy with a big ass handgun, since there is a pistol range behind the rifle range facing the opposite direction.

>mfw I turned and saw the fuckers muzzle flash as he sent the third shot by us.
>>
>be at combat marksman range before somw bullshit peace time "deployment"
>2 ribbon boot lieutenant designed course of fire probably from watching Christ Costa and instructor zero
>stress shoots from behind cover in the power Ranger stance, running straight ahead and shooting popular targets at 90 degrees left or right from center axis line switching from right to left hand, gimmicky shit like that
>also loads our mags for us, he inserts empty casings and backwards rounds to ensure stoppages
>all at night time with NVG single eye

The actual story

>shooting aforementioned range
>gun jams up while firing
>finger fuck it because can't see at night
>it's a double feed, possibly brass over bolt
>take knee, attempt to put weapon on safe lock back bolt drop mag and sweep the chamber to loosen rounds
>empty casing that double fed comes out, round still stuck over bolt
>hold back bolt, point muzzle down range and mortar tube the FUCK out of my m4
>round dislodges, Chambers, and slam fires
>hear it impact paper down range
>LT gets Boner: "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! CLEARING STOPPAGES AND PUTTING ROUNDS DOWN RANGE SLAYING BODIES ERRAH!"
>It was a fucking ND
>thank God I had the common sense to point down range
>>
>>30395394
>Our government says they're legal so long as we promise not to shoulder them
Some heroic ATF agent sacrificed his career to get that one through. They could have just as easily said, "yes, of course they're stocks; no, it doesn't matter what you call them."
>>
>>30394549
If its like the local ranges around here its SWAT or RCMP.
>>
>>30395302
>>30395332

So, is there a way to kind of get antiquated to this besides having a buddy shoot at you?
>>
>>30394608
That sucks...i always use the ceasefires to reload my mags here. I bring them back to the rear table, and feed them while i wait. Fuck any range that says you can't reload your magazines during.
>>
>>30395511
Shoot yourself in the head
>>
>>30395511
Walk around Detroit or Chicago for a little while
>>
>>30395563

Thanks bro, top response.
>>
>>30395488
>Some heroic ATF agent sacrificed his career to get that one through.

Not really. They can reverse or re-evaluate decisions whenever they want.
>>
>>30394164

Some retard trying to tip a RO.
>>
>At state game lands range
>Walking up to my station
>Walk behind older couple with bolt action rifle
>Cunt wife turns rifle around the wrong way and points it at me as I'm walking behind them
>Don't even bother telling her not to point a gun at me
>Should have shot her
>>
>>30395442
Marines are retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This happened innadesert a few years ago
>me, dad, and AirForce bro
>before dad gave me his 4506
>he hands the gun to AirForce bro after racking the slide
>"hey, check the trigger pull on it"
>he turns the gun sideways, almost right at me
>I try to move and he pulls on the trigger
>bang! Eeeeeeeeee

Shot landed behind me about 20 feet back, under 2 feet to the side

Tldr I almost took a 45acp to the gut because my dad and friend weren't careful.

I was the only one not wearing hearing protection because the range was cold. I had a bad headache for a while after
>>
>tfw grandparents own several acres of land in the country
>never shot at a range
>too scared of looking weird if I shot at a range anyway

I guess I'm lucky
>>
>>30395943
My dream is to have a range in my backyard someday desu
>>
I had a gun ND at a backpage buy i went to with my buddy from uni. I capped it from the last thread we had since i don't feel like typing it out every couple days.
>>
>>30395511

Iraq helped.
>>
File: FullretardND.png (328 KB, 1892x773) Image search: [Google]
FullretardND.png
328 KB, 1892x773
>>30396027
shit forgot the pic
>>
>>30396036

Like, what does it sound like? Is the bullet passing loud our what the hell happens?
>>
>>30396042
And the gun wasn't hot?
>>
>>30396185
Whip-snap. As in you hear the report of the gun after the hiss of the bullet passing by you, with almost no time in between, depending on range from the firer.
>>
File: Contemplate.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
Contemplate.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>>30395442
>>hold back bolt, point muzzle down range and mortar tube the FUCK out of my m4
>>round dislodges, Chambers, and slam fires
>>hear it impact paper down range
>>LT gets Boner: "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! CLEARING STOPPAGES AND PUTTING ROUNDS DOWN RANGE SLAYING BODIES ERRAH!"
>>
At an outdoor range, I saw one guy shooting his AR and aiming at a 50yard target without a rear sight. Several benches away was another guy (different party) who had an AR with no sights or optics. He was definitely trying to aim for his target though.
>>
>>30396198
nope he had the receipts from cabellas and, everything. it had a retarded sparky lower but a nice black ceracoat fixed that. total retard though, my buddy did a public service buying it off him, also after the one blank, his self defense loading strategy consisted of tula steel cased fmj.
>>
>>30396216

So like things you hear in movies?
>>
>>30394669
What the fuck is that picture?
>>
>>30396042

you have too much faith in Air Force faggots. I work at a gun counter on an AFB and I have never seen such firearm-illiteracy elsewhere, including when I worked at a normal gun store off post.

I can handle the retards flagging me with their fingers on the trigger, but what I hate most of all is their holier-than-thou attitude because "HUR DURR I'M A VETRUN" and think they can talk down to a civilian like me (disabled army vet) because I'm skinny and look 12 years old.

Fuck the air force
>>
>>30394256
>>
>>30395331
They still ND other people mate.
One shot himself in the nuts, and then his mother shot herself in the hand trying to see how bad it was..
>>
File: 1382041477787.jpg (4 KB, 214x250) Image search: [Google]
1382041477787.jpg
4 KB, 214x250
I've told this one before, but I still think it's fun
>Take a Handgun Safety Class on my 18th birthday as a present from my mom
>get to the live fire portion
>9mm Glocks galore
>I'm a lefty so they wanted me to use a different gun than the normies
>Hand me unloaded gun, walk me to shooting line
>Gives me magazine
>Load gun, rack slide
insantboner.gif
>Fire once, second round jams
>I remember my training, keep the gun pointed down range
>After some time, I rack the slide and proceed firing
>Jam, again
>At this point the instructor tries to see what is going on, expects that I was limpwristing
>It jams for him too
>He clears then gun and I see ".357 Sig" on the barrel
"Hey, isn't that the wrong caliber?"
"No, that's just the model number."

>MFW The first time I ever shot a gun was with a .357 Glock loaded with 9mm.
>>
>>30396545
>>MFW The first time I ever shot a gun was with a .357 Glock loaded with 9mm.

... What the FUCK
>>
>>30394164
I've got two

>girl I met wants to go to the range
>I enjoy range dates, so I agree
>we spend an hour beforehand together disassembling my guns, lubricating everything, etc
>I take her through the operation of the weapons, we discuss the very basic rules of gun safety, I show her how to clear jams, safely unload each of my guns, etc
>she gets it all on the first try, seemed to understand everything pretty quickly, so we head out
>get to range, everything going well so far. Correct her stance a few times, she grinds her ass on my cock a few of the times, shit is going well
>Suddenly she decides that she has a question
>Turns around, finger on the goddamn trigger still
>halfway during her turn, she ND's into the fucking wall
>it went downrange by all of 2 feet, just a little bit more and she would have shot into the lane divider/someone to our right

That was fucking scary, and it happened too quickly to do anything to stop it. Thankfully no one noticed. We left pretty quickly after that though. And I got laid, so things wen better than they almost did.

Other time
>a few years earlier
>I'm new to guns
>my friend and his girlfriend want to come shooting with me
>friend's girlfriend has shot before, grew up shooting, etc
>not overly concerned with her, should not have been so complacent
>get to range
>we rent a .44 mag revolver, full on Dirty Harry because why not
>bro and I shoot it, feels nice, no issues
>his girlfriend goes to shoot
>gun doesn't fire
>its single action, she didn't cock back the hammer
>bro shows her how to cock hammer, she gets a round off, cool
>she then has another question
>she then turns around and flags both of us with the loaded fucking revolver, finger on the trigger
>I tactically jump about 6 feet back and to the left like a goddamn rabbit to get away from that barrel while her boyfriend yells at her to stop, etc
>that very nearly went badly for everyone
>never went shooting with her again because I was not feeling lucky.
>>
File: 9RQEXru.gif (649 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
9RQEXru.gif
649 KB, 350x204
>Out at outdoor range with my old man, practicing pistol stuff.
>A guy sets up a rifle next to us and has his wife come up for her first time shooting.
>She picks the gun up, hip fire stance.
>He frantically tells her to stop and to put it on her shoulder or she could hurt herself, drop the gun, damage range equipment etc.
>She looks at him, deer in the headlights and puts the stock on top of her shoulder, rocket launcher stance then goes to shoot.
>He stops her just in time.

Honestly, that's what you get if you didn't explain some of the basics before you get on the range.
>>
>>30396565

You sure you weren't putting 40 S&W in a 357 sig? Because those barrels are interchangeable on the same frame.
>>
File: SAM_0539.jpg (997 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0539.jpg
997 KB, 1920x1080
>>30395193
remington 760, i gots one. I use an over and under scope. Scope is for anything 50 yards out and anything below are for iron sights.
>>
>>30396565
Yup. Luckily it was just jamming. The instructor was probably shitting his pants.

>>30396590
Well, everyone else was shooting 9mm and I distinctly remember ".357" being on the barrel.
>>
>>30396569
>never went shooting with her again because I was not feeling lucky.

hardy kek
>>
>>30396299
>Buying tula
>Ever
Jesus Christ
>>
>>30394184
>>
>>30394632
I mean they're stopping their stupidity from being passed down. Its darwinism.
>>
>>30394256
Damn, I live in a faggot nogunz country and they even wouldn't do that here.
>>
>>30396793
>Shoot slav shit
>Chows down on it like a fat kid at a buffet
Eh, it's fine.
>>
File: eCdVh5G (1).png (113 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
eCdVh5G (1).png
113 KB, 500x529
>>30396793
>>30396871

Tula good for slavstuff, not going to run it in the AR
>>
>>30396348
Not him, but watch black hawk down. It's like that but way fucking louder. Or you can play the old America's army game with head phones on max and get shot at.

You can also go work at a rifle range with pits, but it's not quite the same.
>>
>>30396871
My mosin hates tula, works fine with surplus shit
>>
>>30395074
>that pic
Jesus fucking Christ just when I thought I had seen the limit of how retarded people could be with cars.

You want to lose faith in humanity, work at an oil/tire shop.
>>
>walk in range early on a Tuesday
>Boyfriend standing behind Girlfriend
>Shes plinking with a .22, his hand is down the front of her jeans
>They didn't hear me walk in
>Load .357 with magnum round
>Fire one round downrange before hanging target
>Hear her scream
>They quickly leave
>Hang target
>Go back to shooting mostly .38s like I planned
>>
File: 1430631737364.jpg (38 KB, 445x441) Image search: [Google]
1430631737364.jpg
38 KB, 445x441
>>30397001
>implying she isn't a screamer
>implying she didn't just cum to the sound of a real gunshot
>>
>>30397001
>cervix cancer: the post.
like do you even into lead particulate?
>>
>>30396590
Don't think .40 would even chamber in a .357 Sig.
>>
>>30394549
I saw a few get made here by dumb friends in Commiefornia. A friend of mine and I took some friends to a range to fire my AR and his AK. Short fucks kept going for head shots on the target. I noticed a few seconds before the RO runs into the range, "QUIT SHOOTING THE FUCKING CEILING" and I point out they're going for head shots and warn everyone anymore shots going over center mass and we're getting tossed. Luckily they love my friend john cause he spends to much[spoiler] then sells it at a heavy loss a few weeks later cause "he needs the money"[/spoiler]
>>
>>30397098
I keep forgetting which board I'm on when I do that
>>
>>30396268
My step-dad actually bought an AR recently and didn't realize until we went to the range that he forgot to put a sight on it. We just tried to aim down the center of the rail and got pretty good success after a few rounds of getting used to it
>>
>>30396545

You were safe cause .357 runs hotter than 9 so no boom boom.

My friends first time shooting a friends fathers 1st or second gen glock, cant remember but it was old with old barrel, he shot 5 or so rounds, but on the last one, we were shooting at dirt pretty close so we saw all shots hitting, he was shooting slowly on his last shot fired nothing hit so friends dad yells, STOP, he was right on the break of the trigger, but had a squib that was stuck halfway down the barrel, thank yeezy he was paying attention or his hand would have been fukd up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5p6b-ZZ5Y
>>
>At range
>these guys are """training"""
>one would do two shots then reload
>the other would call out what to shoot on pic related
>two shots take FOREVER
>reloads take even longer
>one dude used his middle finger to drop the mag on an ar
>unshouldered his weapon while doing so
>also didn't use the bolt release he used the charging handle to close an open bolt

These are the people who think they'll defend America if SHTF

>>30396590
You realize the 9mm frames are the same size too right?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>30398351
Forgot pic
>>
>>30395074

action impact, top gun and firearm exchange always have the proverbial nigger and nigress shooting some retarded "AR" or AK, glawk or hipoint garbage whilst demonstrating some of the most negligent range safety I've ever seen.

One cunt actually ND'd into the barriers between lanes at FX. Luckily it was at an angle so it just ricochet off.
>>
>>30395111
Yeah there are plenty of safties. The first being keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
>>
>>30394549
"The Extra Thousandths"
>>
>be at firing range
>Sharpshooting with eqiuv of National Guard
>Already somewhat afraid, due to some useless idiots being allowed to have gun
>Full auto, 1 mag, 30 rounds
>Guy next to me complete idiot
>Can't find himself stable position, kneeling.
>Can't hold recoil
>Recording shows one weapon disappearing from frame, doing a 80 degree incline.
>Fear for life
>>
>>30395106
Going to the pit is taking your life into your own hands. I've had ricochets whiz past my head from people shooting pieces of metal. Apparently a range officer is going to start monitoring it because some chucklefuck decided to stuff a desk full of tannerite and started a fire.
>>
I have actually seen a man with a C308 at my range experience a slam fire after clearing a jam. Was quite a party, thankfully nobody was downrange and it wasn't during a cease-fire so no one got screamed at.
>>
File: HgNQ2yM.jpg (188 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
HgNQ2yM.jpg
188 KB, 960x1440
>public range
lel
>>
>>30394608
>Side note: I know a guy who put a nice long scar on his leg because he had a cocked .22 mag revolver stuck down the front of his pants while getting a lap dance at the local strip joint.
It just went off by itself, I swear that's never happened to me before.
>>
>>30395074
Ahahaha that was the most Southfield thing I've ever read
>>
>>30396565
Shooting .40 through a .357 Sig barrel would grenade the gun. That's if you even got it to chamber in the first place.
>>
File: Dissapointment for All Involved.png (102 KB, 246x225) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointment for All Involved.png
102 KB, 246x225
>>30394256
So this is the low quality bait that gets /k/
>>
Local range has a rule that you're only allowed to fire Mosins single shot, I wasn't there to witness it but story goes like this:
>guy comes into range
>autism: the person
>firing Mosin for about 20 minutes
>sticky bolt getting worse and worse
>somehow manages to double feed a fucking Mosin
>shoves bolt forward with enough force that one bullet sets off the primer of the bullet in front
>round in chamber goes off without bolt closed
>this causes round being double fed to go off
>mr sperg has burns all over his arms and his thumb is practically hanging off

And that's why I can only shoot my Mosin single shot and my local range
>>
>>30399486
How does this even happen?
>>
I wasn't there when it happened, but there was a medic helicopter in the parking lot as I pulled in.

Some guy was shooting skeet and loaded his 12 gauge's magazine with a 20 gauge shell and a 12 gauge shell. The 20 gauge shell gets pushed up into the barrel by the action and he dry fires at the first pigeon. Not to miss a beat and thinking it was just dud shell, he then cycles the action to load the 12 gauge into the chamber. His shotgun is now a pipe-bomb and shreds his hand.
>>
>>30399486
>double feeding a mosin

can someone talk me through how this happens
>>
File: Trayvon-Martin-Shooting-Target.jpg (30 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
Trayvon-Martin-Shooting-Target.jpg
30 KB, 500x749
>>30398351
>>30398359
To be fair, that's a perfectly viable exercise. Reloads are one of the things people actually don't practice enough, and those targets are useful for having to think about what you're shooting instead of just mag dumping into pic related.

Using a middle finger for the mag release is weird though, and it depends on what "forever" is but taking a second or half between shots to make sure you hit isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>30399669
>>30399729
I seriously have no idea, but Thats why the guy who managed it is autism the person
>>
>>30396569
>never went shooting with her again because I was not feeling lucky
Kek
>>
>>30399779
I agree it's a valid exercise, but it's just the way they were doing it. They were at 20 yards and they were taking 3-5 seconds between shots. If they were just shooting for groups my tism wouldn't have been so triggered, but they were obviously training for a combat scenario, where putting rounds down range is more important than getting a decent grouping.

If they can't hit the target at 20 yards they need to worry about basic marksmanship, before trying to run drills.

And you can practice reloads at home just as easy on a range. The worst thing was it didn't look like they were trying to improve or learn at all. I even tried to help the guy and said, "hey when you reload, keep the weapon shouldered, and use your bolt release" then sure enough next time he ran the drill he did the same exact thing he'd been doing.
>>
>>30395442
>round dislodges, Chambers, and slam fires
>"THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! CLEARING STOPPAGES AND PUTTING ROUNDS DOWN RANGE SLAYING BODIES ERRAH!"
ebin, saved
>>
>>30399991
Sounds like they were either former infantry doing SRM or thought they were former infantry doing SRM.

I had a friend who was Army infantry and he did this exact same thing all the time, down to using the charging handle over the bolt release.

Was one of the guys a ginger and the other a fat mexican?
>>
>>30399169
>some chucklefuck decided to stuff a desk full of tannerite and started a fire.

When was this? I haven't heard of whacky shit like that since they changed the rules to paper and clays only a few years ago. Last I heard all they've done is put up a gate and set shooting hours to 10am-6pm only.

That said, I've never actually felt in danger there, nor have I heard of anyone ever being injured, let alone killed. I would welcome an RO, though.
>>
>>30394211
Lol nice bait
>>
>>30398396
FX's range is even worse than AI, holy fuck... their RO is a joke. He just sits there in his little chair, with his tacticool vest and pretend OPERATOR gear on, playing on his phone and not paying attention to anything. Last time I was there he took a break from not doing his job and started doing operator drills with an SBR, rapidly dumping entire mags while sidestepping, complete with the exaggerated 360 degree scan

What is it with asians and expensive tacticool bullshit?
>>
>>30399991
We were taught dropping the mag with the middle finger. The idea is if a target were to present itself while you were changing a not-quite-empty mag, then you had an extra quarter second to engage the bad guy with the round that is still in the chamber. That being said, our instructor prefaced that lesson with the phrase "I think it's yuppity bullshit, but I'm told I have to teach you this anyway" so there's that.

I don't know what's up with using the charging handle instead of the bolt release though.
>>
File: 1464302115781.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464302115781.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
>>30400279
>What is it with asians and expensive tacticool bullshit?
The same reason rednecks jack up a truck until its an absolute nightmare to drive, then never take it mudding because "muh trucks too nice for dat"

I was once at a range that rented autos, and the owner said "every hole in my ceiling you make with that MAC will cost you $10"

>mfw they had an extra $300 tacked onto the rental after he specifically told them not to shoot the ceiling
>>
>>30396989
Being that its a fiat 500 one can only assume it was driven by either a stupid basic bitch housewife or her spoiled daughter, and probably never realized something was wrong the whole 15 miles she probably drove on it.
>>
>>30400504
Tow guy decided to tow it with the E brake still on. Nothing to do with the owner.
>>
>be in college
>meet girl who I want to bone
>she invites me to gun range with her fiancÄ—
>fug, oh well we can be friends I suppose
>dude is a vietnamese Manlet know it all about guns
>decide to not complain, get to play with his benelli m4 so I'm happy
>he rents a 1911 at the range
>I burn through a mag, feels good man
>hand him the empty gun let him have a go
>he loads it up and shoots off one round before the gun freezes up
>can't move the slide at all, not sure wtf is going on
>he calls RO over to unfuck it
>he takes it out of the range to further inspect it
>he comes back with an empty .40 casing and asks what retard put this in the rental .45
>berates vietnamese boy for being stupid
>I have sex with his woman a few months later
>they never got married
>>
>>30400629
Ah. Well that is rather shitty.

Although from an outside perspective i feel confident that one could reasonably assume the same as I did based on that vehicles intended demographic.
>>
>>30396515
Jesus Christ
>>
>>30394184
...Don't you have rules against that in burgerland ?
>>
File: hey-arnold-bus-pass.jpg (60 KB, 460x314) Image search: [Google]
hey-arnold-bus-pass.jpg
60 KB, 460x314
Went to the range yesterday evening. I usually come here to gripe about the weekend RSOs that suck donkey dick, but it was all the bro-tier guys this time around. I was loading my 10/22 mag and shooting the shit with the one guy and somehow the topic of 'barrel rise/recoil with women' came up. I told him about this:

>be at the range with cousin and his friend
>friend brings girl he wants to give the ol' in out to
>whatever
>we walk her through all the weapons
>show her how to aim
>etc..
>insists on shouldering the rifles but after a few shots, migrating them to between her tits
>she does this while holding my rifle, so I jump in and correct her form
>let her start shooting again
>she finegals the stock to between her tits yet again
>somehow before i can get to her, she squeezes off a round and knocks one of the clips holding the target clean off the carrier
>MFW she hit something an inch long, 20m away with the rifle between her boobs

He laughed and told me about earlier in the day, when some chick came in with a .357mag revolver of sorts and put one through the bullseye of her target at about 15', then while recovering from the recoil, squeezed another off straight up, through the roof.

Fucking people.
>>
>>30397150
The possibility of ever getting a squib terrifies me. I've had more than I thought I'd ever have using shitty ammo through my SKS, but any time it happened the powder never burned completely and there wasn't enough force to cycle another round. With something lighter like a pistol, or had the gun actually cycled, I worry I wouldn't be observant enough to notice the diminished recoil or sound while in the middle of having fun at a range
>>
>>30397098
When I said the ceiling of the range, I meant the roofs over the shooting benches only, like an out door range.

For this to have happened, we are talking discharge with the rifle pointed above 60 degrees vertical.
>>
File: MilSurpDude.jpg (58 KB, 622x416) Image search: [Google]
MilSurpDude.jpg
58 KB, 622x416
>>30394211
>>
My wife's son forgot his anvil and I had to borrow one from Jamal in return for my hawk. Never again
>>
>>30394184
A friend of mine was killed doing this with his dad.

http://fox13now.com/2016/02/20/father-kills-son-in-target-shooting-accident-in-box-elder-county/
>>
>>30396016
I go to a nearby abandoned gun range. The only time anyone else is there is when the local rednecks get together for a made up gunfest.

>tannerite pumpkins, tannerite pumpkins everywhere
>>
>>30394164
>Stepdad gets new mossy 590
>Safety sticks like a motherfucker
>Go to range with him to test it out and shoot a couple other guns
>Loads it up and cocks it, holding it at hip trying to flip safety off
>BOOM MOTHERFUCKER
>mfw I told him not to put his finger on the trigger while playing with that tang safety
At least he was pointing it downrange, I guess.
>>
>>30395302
Wait so he was shooting diagonally across the range at the 100 targets?
>>
>>30401575
Is that wojak?
>>
>>30395943
>too scared of looking weird
Lucky and autistic
>>
>>30395679
> 0% details, 100% rage
Cool kid, murder is definitely the reaction to a simple mistake
>>
>>30396926
Or just shoot a .22 into a rock wall when your 12 a few times until you hear a ricochet fly by. That's how I first learned what a bullet actually heading towards you sounds like. Of course you don't really get the full effect but yeah...

And yes, I was retarded.
>>
One time I was shooting inna desert with friends, one idiot grabbed my Shotgun off the bench during a ceasefire and proceeded to fire directly into the ground. EEEEEEEE
>>
>>30402773
This
>>
>>30399669
It doesn't
>>
File: cp.jpg (16 KB, 320x317) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
16 KB, 320x317
>>30394489

yea, I deal with that shooting my M1A. People are used to the little pop pop of ARs and pistols.

>get assigned table
>as I approach I see there is a family to my right
>shooting AR and rugger 22 pistol
>oh boy, here we go
>set bag of mags and stuff on chair
>lay case on table
>nod to family
>they know not whats in store
>range goes cold
>walk target all the way back to the 25 yard line
>range goes hot
>open up case to reveal Glorious M1A
>hand oiled walnut stock gleaming in the sunlight
>look to my right
>they mirin
>rock in a 20rd mag of dat dere lake city M80
>assume the kneeling position
>commence firing
>BOOM.......BOOM
>BOOM...BOOM
>BOOM.BOOM
>BOOM........BOOMBOOM
>let dust settle
>BOOMBOOMBOOM
>BOOM....BOOMBOOM
>BOOM
>BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM
>strip mag
>turn to my right to grab another out of bag
>family has stopped shooting
>father is packing up
>mother and children standing there giving me a strange room
>they leave next cease fire
>MFW
>>
I wasn't there for it, but the range owner said that he banned an entire family from the range.

>Guy brings his kids in to shoot.
>He comes in several times a week by himself
>Decides he's going to let his 6 year old son shoot the S&W 500.
>Kid loses control after the first shot and shoots a two more rounds in the ceiling

I've never had anything bad happen to me, but I've made it a point to avoid it all

>I was shooting one day at the range
>An entire family of dindus came to the bay right beside me.
>They're loud and making asses out of themselves
>Two of them weren't even wearing hearing protection.
>Keep catching them looking at my range bag on the chair behind me.
>Just pack up all of my stuff and leave
>Find out later that the owner banned them too after I left.
>>
>>30399669
>>30399486
Fucker didn't set the firing pin gap properly.

That or he never cleaned it and assumed the last autismo set the firing pin gap properly.
>>
>>30395210
>negligent ammo storage

WTF is that?
>>
>>30395511

depending on the range its a whiz then a pop. like vzzzbang

the wiz is the bullet, the pop is the shot, rifle bullets go faster than the speed of sound (at reasonable ranges) so by the time you hear it you are either shot or they missed. If you are in the mountains the echo sounds like thunder.

Trust me, you will figure out pretty quickly if someone is shooting at you.
>>
>>30403154
>whiz then a pop. like vzzzbang
Thanks for making me feel old
>>
this.
>>
>>30394184

Holy shit
>>
>>30403913
I hate hipoint too
>>
>>30403934
i wasnt talking about the gun, i was talking about the grip
>>
>>30403913

What's wrong with that? The higher your grip, the better control you have.
>>
File: 1466664420265.jpg (28 KB, 292x289) Image search: [Google]
1466664420265.jpg
28 KB, 292x289
>>30403944
I know.

It was a joke.
>>
>>30403947
are your parents related?
>>
>>30394336
i once spent 20 minutes trying to get two new p64 mags to not jam. took it apart and put it back together a dozen times. felt retarded but pissed that my newly purchased mags were shit. spent two hours that night filing the lips and watching john wick
>>
>>30399991
>Yeah man it is a Army thing. It is in conjunction with the phrase "Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast."
>>
>>30394346

Literally every chubby guy or fudd old guy with a laser makes me laugh.

> get distracted by how hard they jerk the trigger
>>
>>30400122
>Was one of the guys a ginger and the other a fat mexican?
Kek no

>>30400309
The thing is he would basically remove his whole hand from the grip so he couldn't have shot that last round in the chamber either way
>>
>>30394164
Dumbest shit?
Saw a fresh private run onto the range to put his target back up when it fell off the post during a zero range.
Thankfully that horn shit works and everyone stopped shooting and the range NCO saw it almost immediately.

Worst ND?
Saw a kid turn his M16 on himself in BCT in '09 at benning. It was kinda surreal.
Also surprising with how long that rifle looks.
>>
>>30394346
Agreed on Wilshire's staff. They are nice as hell and will help you out anyway they can, but you gotta be really stupid to get kicked (Or try to shoot after you drink at their bar). Big Boys down by the airport has the same range setup as Wilshire and has RSO's to help you out or kick you out whatever the case may be.
>>
>>30394164
Saw a dude launch his 1911's barrel bushing and recoil spring downrange while shooting somehow. Extra humorous because he'd brought the wife and kids. Never found them either because it's all gravel forward of the firing line.
>>
This ones embarrassing for me so have a laff
>be innadesert
>see car wheel 20ft away
>shoot it with WASR
>get hit in the elbow with ricochet
>tell everyone back home I fell
pretty sure theres still 1 or two pieces of metal in my arm
>>
>>30394336
>white-looking
>hispanic

Pick one you liberal faggot
>>
>>30404244

>killing yourself at bct

Do people really do this?
>>
>>30404428
it's one way out of service. worth it
>>
>>30404428
Not too often but it does happen.
>>
>>30404316
It's actually a thing amigo. Depends how much Spain is in one's ancestry. I get mistaken for white at times and both sides of my family are Hispanic. Shits funny when people find out my last name is Delgado.
>>
>>30395210
ROs should just be able to issue citations like cops. 3-4 of those bitches and no more 2nd ammendment for the crip wannabe.
>>
>>30404316

You're a fucking idiot. There are plenty of very white looking Mexicans out there. They have brown babies and everything, but their skin is just very white colored.
Maybe don't respond to day old posts with dumb shit flinging if you're just going to make yourself out to be a window licking retard.
>>
>>30404244
Is shooting yourself really an nd though?
>>
>Worst ND
Ok i've got one.
>be a pretty green LT
>2003, OIF
>just reported to new platoon, left ranger school due to back injury
>be pretty sick of MREs
>eat some local rice kibbeh, shit was pretty good
>next day, get the violent shits, shitting out of my ass everywhere
>start running a fever
>sickness and desert heat = very delirious platoon leader
>shit my pants on a convoy one day
>that same day im getting out of a vehicle when we enter FOB
>pull charging handle back on M16 to eject chambered round
>forget to remove magazine
>now a new round in the chamber
>point rifle at ground, pull trigger, BOOM
>proceed to get accosted by MPs at the gate
>get reported to company commander (ex ranger regimer officer)
>company commander tries to get me kicked out of the infantry
>battalion CO doesn't let him, but makes me dig a grave behind company OP as punishment
>can only work on grave at night, and in a remote location
>company CO proceeds to give my platoon shit details for the rest of deployment
>writes me a shit OER
>i develop a festering hatred of my career
>came close to eating my Beretta the last month of deployment after downing a fifth of whiskey

Yeah, an ND pretty much ruined my military career.
>>
>>30404809

Wew lad
>>
>>30400694
So you bought your 45 and he had mixed ammo. Howd he get one 45 through before the 45 froze up. Or did it legit fire a 40 and fuck the gun up?
>>
>>30404809
You can aquire a fifth of whisky on deployment?
>>
>>30404944
In 2003 you could, at least. Especially as an officer.
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS_2.gif (186 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS_2.gif
186 KB, 500x436
>>30394489

I can't fucking stand shooting large bore rifles at the range. My .338 lapua is the worst

>Go to get my rifle sighted in
>At a sportsmans club near me
>Pretty crowded compared to usual
>Pull out my Savage 111
>This fucker comes with a brake pre installed, so I know its gonna be loud
>People rubbernecking my shit, getting this uneasy look on their faces

Let me just mention real quick that I live in Fudd Central Florida

>Set up my target next ceasefire and go back to my bench
>Line goes hot
>BOOM.wav
>CEASEFIRE CEASEFIRE
>Bubba McFudd comes running at me
>THERES NO FUGGIN FITTY CAL ON DIS RANGE
>Pull a round out of the mag and show him where it says .338 Lapua Mag
>I aint herd of dat round. Thats fuggin fitty and you know it
>Mfw

I fucking hate rednecks
>>
>>30404809

Are you sure it was the ND? Because you sound like fucking retard.
>>
>>30404986
This is why im getting out. The "new corps" all my NCOs keep bitching about isnt what i thought it would be.
>>
>>30404989
>be me
>own two 9mm and one .380
> want a long rifle
>bolt actuon or semi
>cant decide
>308 or 338
>cant decide
>input?
>>
>>30405080
I've got both, and it just depends on what youre gonna be using it for. My .308 is mostly for mid size game; deer and gator mostly. My .338 is a bad ass range toy and long range/big game hunting. When I go out to Montana to hunt Elk, I bring out the 338. 338 is great for shit like Elk, Bear and Moose, but will no doubt put down anything smaller.

If you've got the money, I'd go for a bolt .338 since you can use that for a wider variety of game.
>>
>>30404989
>Fudd Central Florida
>I fucking hate rednecks
can relate. As soon as I graduate gtfo of this state
>>
>>30394164
Nice facebook meme
>>
>>30405185
Money is an issue i guess. I really only want one rifle for fun and for red dawn situations. I like the m1a but going ham and getting a savage ass cartridge like 338 seams so tempting. Cant hunt deer with rifle where i live. All shotgun.
>>
>>30403102
Probably just being a dipshit and leaving your ammo sprawled around haphazardly. I know people who've done that, grabbed the wrong cartridge and lost their rifle for it.
>>
>>30405303
Then in your case I'd go for the .308. It's got a lot more available ammo, and would be more practical in a Red Dawn. 338 would definitely fuck any form of body armor, but .308 has more practicality. That, and .308 isn't 5 bucks a fucking round
>>
>>30395442
snorted beer through my nose at that last bit
>>
>>30405344
Ya no kidding. I figured an m1a would pump my nads. Maybe if i ran into money id get a 338 bolt action for the fun of shooting the round.
>>
>>30405373
Yeah man it is a fun round to shoot, but fuck is it expensive
>>
>>30405416
Not like i can say i even shoot my 9mm much. Might as well go ham and get a 111 like you kek. Shoot 20 rounds a couple times a year to keep my skills up. If shtf i can put a sapi plate through the wearer.
>>
>>30405435
Well hell man, if you get good enough, 338 will fuck anyones day up REAL quick. The exit wound will probably be the size of a fucking volleyball, and body armor isn't gonna do jack shit against it. So if you can hone that inner Whitefeather, you could do some serious damage
>>
>>30405416
When you go shoot you go through many rounds i mean you must make decent cash haha. Idfk where the ranges are around here that i could shoot at least 500 meters
>>
>>30403154
>whiz then a pop

You mean whiz then a bang?

>"You're not a whiz-bang Danny. You're not in France anymore.
>>
Literally happened yesterday. Inclement weather is moving in at the outdoor range, so people are getting their last few rounds in. A bunch of old dudes are over at the other end of the rifle range and mostly have stopped shooting. Me and my buddy I'm teaching to shoot are at the left side.

Out of fucking nowhere, the one young guy in that other group starts WALKING INTO THE RANGE while firing his pistol, approaching his target without any warning or calling for a cease-fire. Fortunately, we noticed his idiocy pretty quickly and stopped firing.

Seriously, pretending to be all operator and walking into a live range to close with your target doesn't make you look cool. This isn't the police academy/SF training, cut that bullshit out.
>>
>>30399729
its pretty simple fail to notice theres a round in the chamber.
(just assume the bolt failed to pick one up etc)
work the bolt
receive out of battery bang as the 2nd rounds primer sets off the first round
>>
>>30405529
I think it's a BFG reference mate
>Whiz pop whiz bang
>>
>>30403913
Why do you think the trigger guards are textured and squared off anon?
>>
>>30403913
>>30403951
https://youtu.be/ChSazF41q-s?t=11m30s

R u ok?
>>
>>30397047

Lead doesnt give u cancer, it just makes ur kids retarded
>>
>>30402877
I've had this happen to me because a bullet found a rock in the dirt berm that I used as a backstop. It was pretty high overhead, but fuck that.
>>
>>30404316
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>30404428
Yup. Some people can't handle stress.
>>
>>30404567
>>30404686

Greetings fellow whites.

Sorry about that hyphen in your 3 last names, but every one can tell youre a mexican from your face.
>>
ive seen a group of people try to share a rental gun and end up shooting the target rail and breaking the wire and ive seen others drop loaded guns onto the firing lane and crawl under onto an active range to retrieve it.

>go to indoor range with mom
>shooting AR, .22 rifle, 1911, and bersa thunder
>group of 7 on the lane next to us
> all sharing rented AR
>all have chick lean
>keep hearing weird ding
>moms turn to shoot
>looking around
>group on the next lane lining up red dot with muzzle
>shooting the ceiling and target rail
>try to tell them
>ignored
>1 mag later and they can no longer bring the target back in

as for dropping guns i may have had a little to do with that
>go to indoor range with a few handguns
>get rifle lane because no big bores on pistol lanes
>shoot .22 revolver
>person to my right shooting ak
>person to my left shooting sub2k
>pull out .500
>fire 1 round and see sub2k fall to the ground
>dude didnt have ear pro on well
>thunderous boom scared him shit less
>>
>>30394164

Working as archery instructor teaching family of orthodox Jews. tell tem to cease shooting so we can collect arrows.

Up at target with father and arrow slams into target 1ft from my head

daughter has collected her arrows, returned to line and started shooting again before we are back at the line

Shout at her to put the bow down

father gives me bollocking for being rude to his daughter...
>>
>>30404428
Had 5 fucks claim they were suicidal to get out. Mainly cause after the first guy told the sick call people he was more or less let off Scott free and the only down side was even if he didn't really want to kill himself, everyone else wanted to kill him.

>suicidals require to escorts to make sure they don't kill themselves
>2 for each one
>even at night
>3 idiots in my platoon
>9 people to watch the suicidals
>2 firewatch as well
>newer softer army with my drill sergeant being a nerdy sniper fuck who's retarded anti bully
>we got into fights with each other to avoid getting fucked by the guys wanting to fuck with them

Fuck newer softer bullshit. We should have been throwing rolled shirts with batteries in them at their asses
>>
>>30395074
what the fuck happened to this wheel?!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (49 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
49 KB, 480x360
I somehow managed to ND downrange into the dirt about 15 feet ahead of me by slam firing a RIA 1911 during remedial for a fail to feed. spooked the fuck out of me since i had finger off trigger and thats generally not something pistols do to my knowlege.

i looked left and right ackwardly to see if someone was about to whine me off the range but nobody noticed. never seen this on a pistol and i kinda stood there clearing the fuck out of it for a few seconds trying to see what the fuck might've happened.

common sense range rules had the barrel downrange at all times but it makes you real thankful you practice them when a completely unpredictable and basically impossible misfire occurs

Unrelated: anyone wanna buy a really nice RIA 1911? :^)
>>
>>30407857
According to >>30400629 the tow truck forgot to release the hand brake but as there's no sources I have no idea. It seems most likely though.
>>
>>30403005

You sound like me with my Yugo m24/47

>go to local indoor range
>sweet place but tons and I mean TONS of nigs
>not just like simple black people, I mean hoodrat ass nigs
>most are there to take lessons and get permit tests but some come pretty much exclusively to just shoot their niggest-tier hi points, smack lips, hoot & holler about cheese grating the target
>there is always one asshole In the group with a loud ass shotgun or 45 that they mag dump then look around to see who's watching them
>i wait until this specific person is done their little song and dance, then pull out my glorious Russian masterpiece
>I load up 5 gigantic 8mm rounds and close the bolt
>aim
>fire
>watch the fireball from the muzzle blow the little pieces of target paper and dust Down range as I rack another round
>repeat until every round is fired and my dick is diamonds
>at this point I look around to see what the hoodboons are doing, but they're long gone
>they can't deal with the white man triumphing over their inferior weaponry
>I smile and think of zimzam as I reload
>>
>>30394164
A guy shooting from a prone position with a k98 who turned himself into a pirate with a 290gn hot load after a ND.
He got KO'd and needed 7 stitches above his eye where the scope hit.
>>
>>30396185

ShhhhewPUsheeewpusheeewtingsheewTing
>>
>>30404299
Damn shot myself in the arm and /k/ didn't laugh at me
>>
>>30394184

Why is this bad? Me and my dad go down to set up targets after the range is clear and then we walk back and shoot again. Sometimes there are guys still at the shooting part of the range but we let them know we are about to go down to set up targets. Did the guy just have his grand daughter point them out and still shoot while she was downrange?
>>
>>30409609
Accidents happen and when you're a idiot they tend to cost you your life.
>>
I nd'd once in the Army. In AIT when we had "weapons immersion" which for us meant slinging m4's on our way from the barracks to the SCIF. We had to keep one in the chamber so one morning as I was clearing it before class retard PFC me forgot to drop the mag. My battle said clear because it ejected a round when I charged it. In my defense it was a blank, into a clearing barrel.
>>
>>30409713

I was just asking why it's bad to send his granddaughter downrange to point out stuff as long as he's not shooting and is aware that she is downrange.

Or are you supposed to have everyone walk downrange together even though it's a 1 person job?
>>
File: 1419038899967.jpg (35 KB, 534x620) Image search: [Google]
1419038899967.jpg
35 KB, 534x620
This didn't involve me but I was at the range when it happened.

>at public range trying to sight my Garand
>woman sets up a few benches next to me, starts shooting a glock 19
>seems inexperienced, ruh roh
>glock jams, she cant seem to figure out whats wrong
>proceeds to take her glock, in hand and walk over to the RO behind all the benches
>she is now literally holding at the gun at waist-level pointing it at the RO's chest while continuously PULLING THE TRIGGER asking him "this won't shoot, whats wrong with it?!?!?"
>mfw
>all color drains from ROs face
>I think he literally had a moment of pause out of shock that this was actually happening
>RO snaps out of it, calmly reaches for the gun and takes it from her
>her glock had a fucking stovepipe
>RO calmly and politely asks her never to come back again
>she leaves, still confused about what she did wrong

I shit you not /k/
>>
>walking innadesert in Arizona carrying AK
>smoking a cigarette blasting rap music
>feeling like a badass
>put finger on trigger cause fuck it, i'm in the middle of nowhere
>stumble on a rock
>pull trigger on accident
>gun goes off and sends a round into the ground about 20 feet to my left
>superlativekek.png
>forget about it because I had my gun pointed in a safe direction and nothing bad happened
>>
>>30412025
Innadeserting in AZ. My nigga, you go out to tanto national too?
>>
>>30409460
>290 grain scope bite
god damn
>>
>>30409429
kek

stupid niggy wiggies
>>
>>30394716
hes not white. he's white trash. lose all connection and forget its existence.
>>
>>30395074
248 reporting. yeeeup. fuck southfield ghetto range. fuck niggers. protip: head to island lake or pontiac lake ranges. Target sports in keego. small town 3 gunstores one public range, old "vietnam tom" staff. Good shit.
>>
>>30395106
>>30399169

yea i was talking to a couple other guys in the "no rapid fire" thread. I didn't hear about the tannerite, i heard about it being constantly trashed and left a goddamn mess.
>>
File: 51528336.jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51528336.jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>30409832
>>
>>30407897
I've had one or two NDs downrange. Not a big deal that's why you don't point your pew pew at anything that you don't intend to shoot, but it's still concerning when it happens .
>>
>>30394164

>shooting at local range on a weekday
>guy comes in with gf/wife
>has a hipoint
>sets target to 3-5yrds
>manages to out three mags into a 20" spread
>wife compliments his marksmanship
>he brags about his tool/heater being accurate
>they leave

Paid $12 to shoot one target, I'm looking around wondering where the hell they went. See them leaving.
>>
>>30395322
Because the people who write gun legislation know literally nothing about the weapons they want to ban

>lack of knowledge=fear
>>
>>30396042
Know how I know you live in AZ?
>QT
>>
>>30412025
I live like 15 minutes from queen Valley, where do you shoot at?
>>
File: yHu9mhw (1).jpg (23 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
yHu9mhw (1).jpg
23 KB, 520x390
>>30407857
>>30409122
Source is "Just Rolled Into the Shop" on reddit. The top posts are a goldmine of fuckery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/comments/4k9kxp/flat_tow_behind_an_rv_cs_only_drug_it_for_14_of_a/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/top/
>>
>>30407897
How much are you asking?
>>
>>30401423
Honestly, I had this same fear for a long time, then it happened to a buddy of mine at the range and the sound was so distinct I immediately knew what had happened and stopped him.

You know that noise when you smackone end of a pvc pipe with your palm? That thumping noise? That's exactly what it sounds like. And the weapon likely won't cycle, since there wasn't enough propellant to get the bullet out the barrel, so the gun will stop on you.
>>
>>30405080
If it's your first rifle, I'd say get the .308. For any given amount of money, you can get more ammo and more practice in with the .308. Once you can shoot well enough to hit shit beyond 1,000m, then start looking at the .338.
>>
>>30404428
I almost did, stopped by a friend. Got my weapon confiscated for the night, the next day convinced the commanders that I didn't mean it so I didn't get kicked out.
>Israeli ao the BCT commanders are all 18 yr-old fucktards.
>>
>>30395074
I'm almost dead centerbetween Firing Line and Ann Arbor Arms. I'm lucky enough to have never seen anything close to this bad before.
>>
>>30414132
You are lucky, friend
>>
>>30403102
I think it's a Aussie thing. It's illegal to store ammo anywhere but a safe, a separate safe from your firearms if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>30403934
fucking KEK
>>
File: 1445658440337.jpg (103 KB, 372x362) Image search: [Google]
1445658440337.jpg
103 KB, 372x362
>>30394164
Not at a range, but once, my father was playing around with a new .22 pistol of mine a few days after I'd gotten it.
He was sitting on a chair diagonal to me while I was on a chair staring at the computer monitor.
Long story short, just as I turned to face him, he pulled the trigger for some reason without checking the chamber and it just barely missed hitting my left leg and went through the couch, into the wall and stopped in a stud. I could manage no more than a horrified stare at him.
Looked outside and saw a teen/early 20's couple who had been sitting on the stairs staring at me and slowly beginning to walk up the stairs while I said "Heh, s-sounded like a firework to me."
Him and I just went to go sit in the library for a few hours after that and said almost nothing about it.
>>
>Go to outdoor range located on National Forest Land.
>Set up targets and fire off a few magazines with the pistol
>Rape Van strolls up and out walk 3 russian dudes
>My buddy is down range setting up a target
>Retard Russian guy is anxious to shoot and loads mag and aims down range
>Doesn't see my buddy
>I scream at him and tell him "someone is down range"
>apologizes and buddy comes back
>Idiot russian 1 gives gun to idiot russian 2
>clearly no experience ever handling fire arms
>unloads a mag and turns around with the gun point right fucking at us
>Military instincts kick in and I drop to the ground
>Never go back to range and give Forest Service Law Enforcement officer license plate number for vehicle
>>
>>30413271
You got me, more of a Circle K man myself though.
>>
>>30402575
It's a tiny private club, so there's just one rifle range with benches at 1,2, and 300 yd, slightly staggered.

So he was shooting at the same backstop we were, but just sending rounds about 10-15 ft to the left and past us.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.