[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bolt On Stripper Clip Guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ax36tqs.png (43 KB, 972x354) Image search: [Google]
ax36tqs.png
43 KB, 972x354
Hey \k\ I am looking into making a bolt gun in .223 that will take stripper clips. I'm looking into the savage 11 hog hunter, remington model 7 laminate or the cz527 as a base.

I plan on using the ironsights and mounting a short pic rail on the front ring to mount a QD red dot.

Has anyone used, manufactured or know of anyone that has the skill to manufacture the device in the picture?
>>
really? no input?
>>
I dunno mang. a .223 bolt action just seems like wasted effort. Giving up the top screws removes any scope mounting. Doesn't seem worth it to gimp a rifle just so you can stripper clip
>>
>>30392536
Because stripper clips and a red dot on a modern bolt action is fucking stupid
>>
Brownells used to sell the one for the Model 70 and 700 in .308. They still might.

You could probably make your first one out of a piece of scope rail, so it'll be contoured to match the receiver already.
>>
>>30392572
>a .223 bolt action just seems like wasted effort.

As many times as I've heard this, it never sounds less retarded
>>
>>30392574
This (for the red dot part)
>>30391889
Honestly anon, you'd be best off finding a machine shop and Doug it out of aluminum on a CnC machine, so you need to get the exact dimensions you want and then take them in and have it made.
>>
>>30394090
I bet you think 22lr bolt actions don't feel like a toy huh.
>>
>>30394148
.22 lr and .223 are two very different things you nigger
>>
>>30393712
Stop autisting around like you're related to the Brownell family, autist
>>
>>30395843
Both are laughably ineffective
>>
>>30391889
527 won't work m8, not with factory magazine
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.