[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st Pistol and shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1340085371450.jpg (698 KB, 1224x669) Image search: [Google]
1340085371450.jpg
698 KB, 1224x669
I need to know what are good noob pistols under a grand
>>
>>30389675
Under a grand?

Any 9mm pistol that isn't a >$300.

NEXT.
>>
File: Clank k.jpg (85 KB, 964x617) Image search: [Google]
Clank k.jpg
85 KB, 964x617
>>30389675
Sig, CZ, Beretta, H&K
>>
The default choice is a Glock 19.

Find a range that has a variety of rentals available, and try everything in your price range before making a decision.
>>
>>30389682
Whoops. Meant "<$300", typed that too fast.
>>
CZ-75B
FNX or FNP (whatever is available)
1911 Range Officer

any of those will be a good, solid "first gun" that can also be a good, solid "always gun"
>>
>>30389687
This is pretty much the only logical option.
>>
>>30389675
What all roles is this pistol expected to fill?
>>
Can't go wrong with a Glock 19.. that was my first and I love it
>>
>>30389687
Well it didn't take long for that horrible suggestion to be made.

Let the man choose his own, I'll bet he doesn't even know the difference between a striker fired polymer handgun and a hammer-fired conventional style handgun.

In my not at all professional opinion, people need to learn to operate a conventional design before trying striker-fired guns or with de-cockers and no safety features.

Would you give a first time shooter a simple bolt action .22 or a belt fed MG to learn on?
>>
>>30389675
It would help anons give more specific answers if you said what you intend to do with it, ie do you want a carry gun of just something to plink at the range with that will generally be a safe queen?
General guidelines for buying any gun at first but pistols especially is at the very least hold whatever you're considering buying and operate all the controls first, if not actually shoot it at a place that does rentals. /k/ can recommend 100+ different pistols within your pretty generous price range that will generally be reliable, but feel is super specific to the individual so you wont know if <popular gun X> is comfortable for you until you handle one. So go hire a bunch of popular pistols, try them out, and with that budget chances are you can afford whatever you enjoyed shooting most. And if for some reason you can't, you can at least say "hey guys I really liked the feel of <some gun> but can't afford one right now, any ideas on a cheaper option with a similar layout?"
>>
>>30389675
>>
Canik TP9 is pretty good. Some people will say "turkshit" or whatever, but it feels pretty high quality and hasn't broken yet.
>>
>>30389675
Striker fired:
Glock 19, Glock 17, FNS-9, Walther PPX, M&P 9, Sig P320, H&K VP-9

Hammer fired:
Any double stack 9mm from CZ, FNH, Beretta, Sig, or any reputable company with a good track record. There's too damn many.

Most important thing is to find a gun that fits YOUR hand and then study the pros/cons of it.
>>
>>30389756
>Would you give a first time shooter a simple bolt action .22 or a belt fed MG to learn on?
Dunno, jumping straight on a MG is going to result in a massive fucking grin on most (not rabidly antifun) peoples faces assuming it has at least a bipod if not pintle mounted, and they'll probably hit the target at least a couple times on their first go too.
>>
>>30389756

>Find a range that has a variety of rentals available, and try everything in your price range before making a decision.

A horrible suggestion indeed.
>>
>>30389949
The "default Glock 19" is the horrible suggestion I was referring to.

OP is a fag and will probably never man up enough to buy the gun or get denied because of some background shit.
>>
>>30389786
>striker
Everyone forgets the Steyr.
>>
>>30389675
a pistol choice has a lot to do with the shape of you hand.

Many gun ranges have rentals and will let you "rent a caliber" for <30 bucks plus the cost of ammo that you have to buy from them.

Just put a few mags thru each one before you find what you want.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.