[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question. Should we force machine guns to be priced reasonably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: MP40.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MP40.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
Serious question. Should we force machine guns to be priced reasonably so they can be easier access for newer generations instead of crusty old farts and uncle toms from the 80s hogging them all?

What're your thoughts?
>>
>>30374802
Supply and demand. There's a finite amount of them, no more are being produced. Their going to be expensive.
>>
>>30374826
Let's kill the Hughes Amendment and 1968 GCA. Let's import every single gun the US military captures and sell them through the CMP. Wouldn’t that be awesome?
>>
>>30374802
No stop being a fucking communist, chip in with a bunch of buddies for a machine gun to donate to your local BSA troop or something if you want to hand down the joys of full dakka to young ones.
>>
>>30374802
I think "assault weapons" should be tax stamped like suppressors and short barrels.

And in exchange for this the ATF should auction of the rights every year to make a few thousand new receivers
>>
>Should we force machine guns to be priced reasonably
This being a fucking terrible idea aside, how exactly would this be enforced? Federal level price setting?
>>
>>30374846
On this Week's episode of
>Wonderfull things that will never happen
>>
I'm waiting to buyI me after new machine guns are available to oridanry folks. I have this gut feeling that within the next ten years this will be possible.

Once that happens all those people who decided to shell out 10k+ on full auto will look pretty stupid

H&K'S will still stay the same value cause they will never send us shit
>>
>>30374872
It doesn't work like that and you fucking know it. This is a stupid way of having fantasies. Include more nude women or effeminate men and try not to insert yourself getting NTR'd
>>
>>30374802
If by force machine gun prices down you mean repeal the nfa, then yes. Yes we should.
>>
>>30374855

>donate a machine gun to a local boy scout troop

I would cum merit badges
>>
>>30374885
>gut feeling
>I'm waiting to buyI me after

Put the computer down Cletus.
>>
>>30374885
How about no. With Hillary all but confirmed to be the next potus, full autos are only going to appreciate in value.
>>
>>30374802
It would never happen. What could be a reasonable compromise is a limited number of new form fours for post 86 transferable full auto's. We would have to get the hughes Amendment changed first. Just repealing the hughes Amendment would fuck over pretty much every current full auto owner. The only thing I really like about this idea is how much of a workload meltdown the BATFE whoud have if it happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 216x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 216x144
Leave the fucking free market alone you Bernie faggot. Jim Bob Automatic can charge whatever he wants for his gun.
>>
"Regulations made machine guns prohibitively expensive!"
"I know, we'll wave our magic wands and make the prices go down! Its not like we could rectify the situation by repealing gun control legislation or anything! Its not like some of the simplest and cheapest to produce firearms in history were full dakka and only are expensive thanks to bullshit regulations!"
>>
>>30374885
you must be 18 years of age to use 4chan.
>>
>>30377542
prohibition keeps prices high and ensures a healthy black market. law enforcement is in on it, dude.
>>
File: 17-USS-Fairplay-1859.jpg (141 KB, 739x439) Image search: [Google]
17-USS-Fairplay-1859.jpg
141 KB, 739x439
>>30374802
>Should we force machine guns to be priced reasonably

what are you, some kind of communist that failed econ 101? prices controls dont work.

picture unrelated to post content.
>>
>>30375000
>Hillary
>Confirmed POTUS
Ha. Ha. Ha.
>>
>>30375000

> Lets say Hillary was to win
> Bans semi auto. hell, bans single shot because hillary. Only the police need guns.
> limits transfer of grandfathered NFA items to anyone except the state.

Tons of money to be made there, sure.
>>
lol, yeah make guns even easier to get. Why let high school students have all the fun? Preschoolers need a way to shoot up their schools too, its only fair. Genius.
>>
>>30377694
Who else is it going to be? Trump and Bernie have no chance.
>>
>>30377682
>law enforcement is in on it

Why the fuck would they be? They can just grab what they want through civil forfeiture, and then give it to themselves through increased wages.
>>
File: 7.jpg (40 KB, 575x350) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
40 KB, 575x350
>>30377904
>>
File: mateits.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mateits.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>30377728
>>
>>30374846
>selling Americans guns that have demonstrably been used to kill americans
Yeah no, that'd be a PR nightmare
>>
>>30378451
And yet pristine bring back mausers command a price
>>
>>30375905
>Just repealing the hughes Amendment would fuck over pretty much every current full auto owner.

If you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a product that is only worth that because of government regulation that "could" change at any time in the future then complain it changes you are a fucking retard.

It is the risk you have to take buying something only limited in number by a ban and not really valuable (except for some really old, rare machine guns that are actually worth it).
>>
>>30378405
>Implying meme magic is enough to get trump in office
The constant media bias against him is going to take its toll eventually. Image macros wont change that and people will vote for who "muh first female president" and not "muh bad hair day rayciss".
>>
>>30375986

> "free" market
> (auto, home) insurance required by law
> Medicare, largest purchaser of pharmaceuticals, not allowed to negotiate prices
> trillions of our tax dollars given to Wall Street banks as a reward/bailout for their own greed and recklessness
> telecoms given billions in subsidies and tax breaks to build high speed internet out to every American home, starting in 1996, still haven't done it
> Goldman Sachs now allowed to trade in commodities, speculation in oil causes $4/gal gas prices a few years ago
> "free" market
typical low information Republican voter, please kys before you produce any offspring
>>
>>30374802
that is a machine pistol in the photo,OP.
whats the difference?, you ask.
>>
>>30375986
>"Free market"
The price is only high because of government over reach.

Are you fucking stupid?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.