[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Affordable optics thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: thumbnail_generator.php.jpg (6 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_generator.php.jpg
6 KB, 300x175
Looking for some good optic sights within the 100 dollar range.
>>
File: 1460319459430.jpg (41 KB, 466x558) Image search: [Google]
1460319459430.jpg
41 KB, 466x558
Barumpupum bump
>>
$100 or less? PA micro dot or even a bushnell trs25 are your best options.
solid working dots with good reviews and plenty of people use them
>>
>>30373496

Bushnell makes. awesome tier shit for a hundred or less. Red dots or actual scopes. Solidly built and I haven't had an issue with any of their stuff yet.
>>
Keep bumping.

There isn't anything unless you can find an aimpoint for $100.
>>
Primary Arms or Vortex.
>>
My front iron sight costs $150.

Reevaluate what you are spending money on.
>>
>>30373803
>I make irresponsible financial decisions

>and so should you or you're not cool.
>>
>>30373828

>I buy quality and not horse shit that doesn't fall apart or lose zero in the first week

>You should too

Fixd
>>
>>30373803
You know what front sight doesn't lose zero and doesn't cost $150

An A2 front sight post
>>
>>30373879

And there is nothing wrong with having an A2 if you are a complete pleb.
>>
>>30373863
I've been using a $15 sight off Amazon for 3 years that has never lost zero.
>>
>>30373932

How often do you shoot? Run any drills? Put any kind of strain at all on the front sight?

You can't really blame anyone that doesn't believe you. YHM, MI, DD, and troys even lose zero after enough strain or a hard drop.
>>
>>30373863
>>30373828
really just depends on how much you shoot; there's no right or wrong budget for firearms.

a lot of people just zero their rifle and then shoot a box of ammo maybe once a month for kicks.

other guys don't have any hobbies except shooting, so they're out there every weekend putting hundreds of rounds downrange and need equipment that can stand up to being bounced around a lot.
>>
>>30374015
Oh, how could I forget the front sight stress drill
>>
>hobbyist buying hobby level gear
>hobbyist buying professional grade gear
>professional buying professional grade gear
>professional buying hobby level grade gear
this applies to most things but the only issue is the last one, everything else is personal choice. i dont think anyone should be criticized for a hobbyist buying hobby gear.
now, bottom of the line cheap shit on the other hand...
>>
>>30374051

You aren't very smart, huh?
I'm calling you a liar. Your airshit front sight doesn't hold zero if you shoot more than 50 rounds at a time or take any kind of impact. Its like saying why buy a nightforce when my ncstar is just as clear with its red green and purple reticles?
>>
>>30374107
>being this mad over an A2 front sight post

Top kek sorry an A2 FSB fucked your mom
>>
>>30374107
You think spending $1150or more on a set of buis is going to make them impervious to drifting if slammed into the concrete with enough force?

Are you fucking retarded? Do you think there's some secret jew magic holding your shit in place if you repeatedly bang the fucking buis like a hammer?

God youre fucking retarded
>>
>>30373496
>good optic
>100 dollar range.
>>
>>30374015
Every day after work, I've thrown it 10 yards a dozen times.
>>
>>30374107
There is literally no difference in materials between my $15 sight and your $150 sight
>>
>>30374036
this the kinda nigga who buy beats for the "quality"
>>
>>30374107
>getting this angry trying to justify your purchase
fucking christ lmao
>>
>>30374286
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying
>>
>good red dot
> for 100

Save up for a PRO
>>
>>30374299
Good there are so many better headphones in that price range. Only thing beats has going for em is advertising
>>
>>30374107
Literally how. It's a little metal post that screws into a hole that's not even windage adjustable. You'd have to physically damage an A2 front sight post to lose zero.
>>
>>30373496
For under the $100 range the best you're gonna do is the PA micro dot followed closely by Bushnell's TRS-25. Honestly for either it's a coin flip, but I just prefer the micro dot personally.
>>
Hint: airsoft

Yes yes I know I mentioned airshit on /k/ it's heresy but hear me out. Airsoft grade optics still work just like the real ones do but made of cheaper materials and as a result cost less. If you're just planning on honing your skills for target plinking, get a higher-end airsoft optic and be careful. Not sure how well they would hold up on real guns, but they seem sturdy. I do actually do airsoft and have a Lancer Tactical tube optic on my Krytac M4 PDW, it works pretty well and it does have a joule rating, so if you can find one that fits the amount of joules your gun produces of recoil, you're set.
>>
>>30373496
>good
>within 100 dollars

Doesn't exist man, sorry. If you are willing to bump up to 200, Vortex, Primary Arms, and Holoshit all come into range.

A Bushnell TRS-25 is within your sub $100 budget and, even then, it's not great. It's the only one worth buying in that category tho.
>>
>>30377128
The recoil from an actual firearm would render the optic useless almost immediately. Same for airsoft grade iron/back up sights. I will admit though, there are a few airsoft accessories that work well as budget alternatives on firearms (UTG risers for one), but that is very much the exception, and it does not apply to anything vital (i.e. sights/optics)
>>
>>30377128
Airshit dude here, this guy is 100% full of shit.

I've had Airsoft optics smash themselves apart on the recoil of an electric gun (for those not slinging plastic: they have zero recoil). There is a trend in Airshit as well for optics being labeled "Shockproof", because the recoil of gas powered guns (some recoil but nowhere near a firearm) kills optics left and right - and even then there is no certification other than "Oh yeah it's totally shockproof :) "

There is a reason why many Milsim players are moving off of Airshit optics, and that is because the shitty, real cheap ones are exponentially better and won't explode. Holosun is super popular, and Holosun's popularity in Airsoft helped build their name as a real optic for real guns.
>>
>>30377164
>>30377172
I use a cheap airsoft red dot for my 10/22 because it's fun.

>>30374107
Are you trolling? Have you ever even looked at a picture of an A2 style front sight post?
>>
File: military_2_new.png (527 KB, 1024x375) Image search: [Google]
military_2_new.png
527 KB, 1024x375
thinking about buying an eotech holo sight. What's the best model for your money? I don't need features like night vision support
>>
I don't recommend the trs25 anymore. This week it was randomly shutting off when I was shooting, I'd have to turn the dial back and forth to get it to come back on.

Was mounted to a 10.5" AR.
>>
>>30378812
Go with Trijicon or Aimpoint if you're going to spend the money, at least they don't make false claims.
>>
>>30379297
>at least they don't make false claims
about what? operating temperature? the reviews for eotech have been pretty stellar if you don't have a counterfeit.

The aimpoints seem pretty overpriced given their feature set. The Trijicon MRO looks good for the money though.
>>
there are no good optics within the 100 range

rule of thumb is spend as much an a scope as you did on the rifle
>>
>>30379365
They're paying out the ass for their product not living up to their claims. Google it. It's not really up for debate.
>>
>>30374015

How the fuck does one run drills as a civvie without joining some bun fuck militia
>>
>>30374107
Everyone laugh at this faggot, laugh hard and long
>>
>>30380326
Find some actual vets who Airshit. As good as you will get without joining a watchlist militia.

Everyone shits on Airsoft but honestly for room to room stuff its pretty good. Have the guys teach you proper woods stuff, and even then going on a patrol, watching your spacing, etc is all also going to translate identically. It's the fighting that will leave training scars if you are careful.

If you don't have a SHTF group to run drills with, you won't have one during SHTF. Make some friends with Marines and do innawoods stuff or shoot plastic BBs at 17 year olds.
>>
>>30381114
Is this really a thing?
>>
>>30379387
That's more about magnified optics, and even then it's usually stated as hand the rifle's value. Your advice would be putting Aimpoints on a basic model PSA carbine.

>>30380326
It's kinda like 3-gun matches, but playing pretend on your own. Shit like "three center mass hits to each target, tactical reload, one hit to each head". Some people will do stuff like dropping guns or whatever their fantasy calls for.
>>
>>30373863
>I spend 700 dollars to shoot at paper

Your an idoit
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.