[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antique home defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Handgun-Colt1851Navy-Ramay (1).jpg (41 KB, 450x196) Image search: [Google]
Handgun-Colt1851Navy-Ramay (1).jpg
41 KB, 450x196
looks like I can't pass the background check for a gun. I live alone with my daughter and want something for home defense, I was thinking black powder revolver?
I've shot some of my friends' guns at the range, but I don't know much about what to look for and am poor btw...
>>
File: been there done that.jpg (11 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
been there done that.jpg
11 KB, 229x220
>>30371559
>>
>>30371575
I'm not seeing anything about antique guns in the archive... what was recommended?
>>
>>30371559
>looks like I can't pass the background check for a gun

Well then fuck off felon.

This situation just seems to make me think you daughter will just become a gun death statistic when she finds your cowboy toy that you were to stupid to put in a safe that she didn't know the combo.

Just buy a baseball bat you tard.
>>
>>30371730
it was for a misdemeanor domestic that I thought had been expunged...
>>
>>30371795
>it was for a misdemeanor domestic that I thought had been expunged...

Worse.

Still just GET A BAT. or a 2 inch dowel that is "For the sliding door track".

Unless you are immediately expecting nigs that you shorted in a drug deal. A bat will be fine. A single action smoke maker is for range toy fun not for HD.

And you will never get to have a gun. The question is not "do you have a domestic violence on your record" it is "Have you ever been convicted in any court of misdemeanor domestic violence." You were convicted. Expunging it does not change that yes/no.
>>
>>30371907
>A single action smoke maker is for range toy fun not for HD.
this is all I needed, thanks...
>>
Honestly man I think it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 so I would look on Armslist but I saw blunderbuss kits somewhere not too long ago. You could get a nice crossbow and have an axe also. Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>30372009
crossbow doesn't seem like a bad idea, I could even start to get the little one into archery too... thanks for not being a dick anon...
>>
File: webley.jpg (159 KB, 952x687) Image search: [Google]
webley.jpg
159 KB, 952x687
>>30372119
You can also acquire any firearm made before 1899, I believe, and thus not be dependent on cap n ball guns.

Pic related is one of those alternatives.
>>
>>30371559
Get a Remington 1858. Colt is good too, more stylish. A .44 cal ball has about the same killing power as a .38 special, I believe.
>>
>>30371941
Boo hoo
>>
>>30371559
If you get one get the conversion cylinder. Metallic cartridges are infinitely more reliable than black powder. The .44 cap and ball guns convert to .45 long colt
>>
>>30371559
Get a Remington model 1858 with a steel frame and get a conversion cylinder for metallic cartridges.

Black powder is a pain to clean when you have to do it after almost every range trip.
>>
>>30372157
It will be hard for OP to find an affordable antique that is both functional/safe and not in an defunct caliber.
>>
>>30373131
>iver johnson in 38 s&w

That wasn't so hard
>>
>>30373186
>>iver johnson in 38 s&w
>That wasn't so hard

iver johnson are 38 black powder until 3rd model and im not sure if that was produced that early
>>
>>30374247
looked it up 3rd model for smokeless was 1909
>>
>>30374247
Load it with unique or trail boss being careful
>inb4 pressure curves
read up of Sherman Bell's testing, fuck your curves just keep pressure peak at below or at black powder.
>>
>>30371907
Well aren't you a little count. I'm sure you're a model citizen with a very fine understanding of the law, which you are fully aware of all the time and adhere to 100%.

But keep being a fag and acting the system is flawless.Meanwhile here in reality the normal people wont be pretending shit doesnt happen
>>
>>30371559
if you cant possess a gun legally, you cant possess an antique that is loaded and capped legally either, because once loaded and primed it is considered a firearm
>>
>>30371907
>what is Starr DA
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.