[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought a KSG a year ago. Long story short I hate it. Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
So I bought a KSG a year ago. Long story short I hate it. Literally the worst gun I've ever owned. Spent the entire year up till now trying to fix it and at this point I don't trust it for anything.

I love the ergonomics and size though. The dual tubes are great when they work. But they seldom do.

I'm thinking about getting a Bullpup Unlimited Kit for my Mossberg 500.

Anyone have any experience with them or own one?

I thought about getting a semi-auto shotgun as an alternative but than I lose the ergos I like. I have trouble with full sized shotguns, they're really, really long and unbalanced for me. Bullpup shotguns are perfect.

Bullpup Shotgun General Thread I guess.
>>
I rented one a couple of days ago. It was ok. The action loved to stick shut and be a bitch to eject a spent shell. But it was pretty fun.
>>
File: 164gah.jpg (34 KB, 411x381) Image search: [Google]
164gah.jpg
34 KB, 411x381
>>30364723

>the way they dont integrate the pistol grip into the rest of the design of the shotgun

N O T A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>30364723
What about the Maverick Bullpup? I've heard they've fixed the problems with the UTS 15 as well.
>>
>>30364773
If I could find a Maverick Bullpup I totally would. That thing screams aesthetic sex to me.

The UTS 15 lost all confidence in the first production runs.

What I really want is a KSG made by a company that's NOT Kel-Tec. Holy shit it's like they make each part by hand. I've never owned such a horrendous piece of shit in my life.

Kel-Tec is like if John Browning worked for Ikea. The idea is brilliant but they're made with shitty quality control.

The closest to a KSG I can get is the DP-12 which is neat but it's too heavy, a little too thick and not what I want.

I may be getting a job doing security for a NPP and I wanted a good shotgun to haul around. Kel-Tec fit the bill.. until it ended up being hot trash.

The Unlimited Kit looks to be the closest reliable alternative to that. Never had an issue with my Mossberg 500 ever. And even if I did it's held together with screws. Easy to fix and replace.
>>
File: 20160417_221157.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20160417_221157.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
I like it but it's the only gun I'm not 100% comfortable with as I've seen people turn their hands into lobster claws on the web with them.
>>
>>30364723
Rear sight on backwards, foregrip also backwards and missing tacrail
>>
File: KIMG0147.jpg (879 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0147.jpg
879 KB, 2560x1440
>>30365324
Those are my feet.
>>
>>30364723
I like but like another poster said, I am concerned about turning my hand into a piece of ground beef. I am looking into a few things to unfuck that fear. It may cost alot. Personally, I like the design.
>>
>>30365413
As in my pic I put a dd vertical grip, but I can't decide whether it's actually safer than a hand stop or just a false sense of security that may be more dangerous. It's very secure and was a motherfucker to get on, but I still am scared of that fucking thing.
>>
Are you guys talking about the KSG or Bullpup Unlim?

With the KSG I haven't been concerned with the blowing my hand off aspect. I have a magpul stubby grip on it and I never felt like I was going to shear the rail.

Though I rate literally everything else about it. Brand new out the box the chamber was so rough shells got stuck inside it and had to be hammered out. I had to polish it to fix it.

Than I had a million other issues. Feeding issues, mag tube jams, failure to feed from tube, the lifter arms kept jamming the shell against the chamber lip. Double feeds and all these things took so much time, effort and money to find and fix.

I've had to like polish literally every friction surface to make it work half way reliably. At this current moment it "works" but I don't trust it at all.
>>
>>30365431
I put the vertical grip too but I took it off for safety reasons. You know yourself anon, I am too much a faggot and would get lulled into a false sense of security. I'm getting whatever the extended comp and the metal rails, then I'll do the forward grip thing.

I was reading on the net and they said an angled grip is best for their bottom rails. I am not brave enough to test it.

What scares me is the faggoty way I was using it before I saw those pictures and read up properly. I got lucky.
>>
I want to sell mine by ironically enough they're impossible to sell these days.

The first issue is the fact that everyone I've ever talked about selling it too mentions the 'blow your hand off' thing

Than when they hear about the seven dozen crippling malfunctions I had to fix they don't want it.

Literally the only gun purchase I've ever regretted.

Ever.
>>
>>30365461
I was referring to the KSG. I have not had reliability problems of any sort. Then again, I acquired mine within the last 6 months.
>>
>>30364723
Well there's the Six12, whenever that's supposed to come out.
>>
You've spent a lot of time talking about how much you hate it OP, but you haven't posted reasons why.

What's wrong with yours?
>>
File: 6-Twelve-standalone-2.jpg (79 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
6-Twelve-standalone-2.jpg
79 KB, 550x367
>>30367122
>tfw commie state awb makes six12 illegal
JUST
>>
>>30367122
Enjoy your 20lb trigger pull and laughably low capacity.
>>
>>30364864
The UTS seems to be fine now. Might even be better than the KSG.
>>
>>30367157
what a pile. Nerf needs to get their shit together.
>>
>>30367157
>make it without a buttstock
>it's no longer a shotgun
>>
>>30365390
>Same mouse and keyboard as me

Expect that mouse to break soon. Its shit and will jitter about and get stuck which is very shit when playing a game
>>
ITT: keltec anti-shilling
KSGs are fine.
>>
Why not a Saiga 12? Collapsible stock and short barrel make it pretty compact.
>>
>>30367424
Kalashnikov actions are looooong. Without sbsing it the gun even with 18" barrel is not compact whatsoever.
>>
File: Saiga_12_HGC_Blk_13_Left.jpg (220 KB, 1224x659) Image search: [Google]
Saiga_12_HGC_Blk_13_Left.jpg
220 KB, 1224x659
>>30367441
not much longer than a bullpup unlimited kit.
>>
>>30367474
>without SBSing it
>>
File: shitgun.jpg (26 KB, 1024x436) Image search: [Google]
shitgun.jpg
26 KB, 1024x436
>>30364723
Just get one of these stocks anon.
>>
>>30367485
why wouldnt you SBS it?
>>
>>30367511
Because it cost money, takes an absurd amount of time, registers you and your gun, and puts you under entirely different draconian regulations?

Oh, and it won't be shorter than a KSG even if you do.
>>
>>30367441
Anything that isn't a Winchester 1897 or a bolt gun has loooong receiver, as you put it. Its not that serious
>>
>>30367690
No.
>>
>>30367122
>>30367157
Didn't the manufacturer come out and say they don't plan on selling to non-LEO/mil because they're a bunch of statist anti-gun fucks?
>>
>>30365413
The folks with shredded beef for hands were beinf retarded.
>>
>>30367157
How does this thing not burn the shit out of your arm?
>>
>>30367785
Double action trigger pull moves the entire cylinder forward creating a gas seal.
>>
>>30367796
Neat.
>>
>>30367340
IS the mouse really that bad? I never took it out of the box, I'm just using the keyboard.
>>
>>30367744
>refuse to sell to the largest market in the US
>go bankrupt
>get bought out by freedom group
>quality of your gun is now shit
>>
>>30367796
So you could suppress it too, huh?
Neat.
>>
>>30368539
Have you not seen the model with the Salvo 12 built in? I'd post it but >mobile
>>
File: IMG_9207.jpg (583 KB, 1500x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9207.jpg
583 KB, 1500x1136
>>30368640
I'm super excited for that.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.