[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are jungle carbines worth getting? Any special issues about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Are jungle carbines worth getting?

Any special issues about them I need to watch out for? I've heard things related to a wandering zero.

Also, do people make fake bubba jungle carbines since they tend to sell for a bit more than their longer counterparts?
>>
>>30362534
>ny special issues about them I need to watch out for?
They're louder and they kick harder.

>Also, do people make fake bubba jungle carbines since they tend to sell for a bit more than their longer counterparts?
Yes.
>>
>>30362534
Fakes are rather common.
>>
>>30362576
>>30362534
>Fakes are rather common.

Well shit
>>
>Also, do people make fake bubba jungle carbines since they tend to sell for a bit more than their longer counterparts?
Yes, which is why they also have such a bad reputation for accuracy, when the actual ones are actually just as good as the long guns.

If I knew how to determine a fake from a real one, I would tell you.
>>
>>30362635
I would assume inspecting the crowning of the gun?

I can't imagine that a fake jungle carbine would have a proper barrel crown, and not just be chopped down long rifle with a flash hider stuck on.
>>
File: No4-and-No5-Comparison[1].png (910 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
No4-and-No5-Comparison[1].png
910 KB, 1200x600
fake jungle carbines usually lack the lightening cuts on the receiver and barrel area, since people don't want to fuck with those.

They become cheaper for a while due to a shipment a few years ago, but I don't know how much they are worth now.
>>
>>30362666
Theres a lot of ways to tell a fake, none of which is the crown. Google it.
>>
>>30362620
It's so easy to tell if the rifle is a fake that it's not even worth worrying about.
>>
>>30362534
I own a jungle and it's a fantastic rifle; the wandering zero is bullshit that was pulled out of someone's ass because the british army wanted assault rifles.
>>
>>30362534
I had one and didn't like it. It wasn't fun to shoot. Not because of recoil, but because it was so small. Also, .303 is kind of expensive.

But if you want one, there's a shop near me that has two, and I bet they'd be willing to ship to your FFL.
>>
>>30362534
I had one many years ago, guess as a collectors piece they're kind of interesting, but its kind of subjective if you think the actually worth much for that alone.
As a shooter they're pretty fucking awful really, get a full length smelly for that and they're quite a nice gun really.
>>
>>30362534
not really,

i own 2 -- currently selling one and gave the other to the wife.

they look badass, but they shoot like shit
>>
>>30362666
Take the top handguard off and check to make sure there is scallop cuts where the barrel meets the receiver. Also make sure the bolt handle is hollowed out.
>>
>>30366671
>because it was so small
It's no smaller than any carbine. Hell, it's even longer than a carbine length AR. The AR is only taller becuase of the pistol grip.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.