[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cross Country Walk With Funs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 720x960
Hello, /k/. I've been debating on leaving New York, towards the west on foot. I just want to know if I can bring my rifle? I have an AR-15, and a Kar98k in 8mm. I really only want them for if I have to camp in the deep woods, and for peace of mind.

Which states would be friendly with this sort of thing? I really don't want to adventure without my sweetums, it would just seem unholy.

Anyone have a similar trek that they've done? Post them up and give me some tips pls.
>>
>>30360407
Federal law allows for peaceful journey
>>
>>30360420
Sauce on the law? So basically if I'm walking and I'm stopped, and explain my situation, they would allow me to press on with my rifles?
>>
>>30360420
That is "Peaceable Journey", and although it's a federal law, states have their own regulations on it. But it's mainly on concealed pistols from what I've seen, and transporting with a vehicle.

Can anyone weigh in a bit more on this?
>>
>>30360407

I know a guy who tried this dressed in pioneer clothes with a black powder rifle. The dorkiest reenactor shit you can imagine, and he gets the cops called on him enough that he said "fuck it" and called for his wife to come pick him up.
>>
>>30360630
Fucking kek.

I'm just trying to have a god damn Lewis & Clark like experience, and discover and experience some dope fucking shit senpai. Are these statist pigs really going to hassle me to death for doing American things?

I fucking hate this political climate
>>
>>30360630
Was he the living man?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06VzxxDTnB8
>>
>>30360407

You're probably going to get the police called on you so often they'll start harassing you on purpose just to get you to give up so they'll stop getting calls about you. I know the cross-country walk thing is becoming a somewhat popular movement and as I understand one of the biggest problems for these people is finding safe public spaces to walk along without getting hit by cars or being confronted by police/armed landowners assuming you're some sort of criminal. And that's for unarmed walkers. Carrying an AR or a K98 sounds like it's just asking for trouble the whole way through.
>>
>>30360523
IIRC Texas lets you keep a gun in your vehicle as long as you have "a large sum of cash" which justifies having the gun.
>>
>>30360852
Even in the gun friendly states? I wanted to skip NY and Ohio entirely and start in maybe PA and follow some trails through the better states. There are no laws on my side to keep the cop fags off my back or from being arrested?
>>
>>30360985
Maybe in PA they won't care as much, Amish people are pretty based and just about any landowner supports 2A, maybe just avoid Philly
>>
>>30360985
Why would you skip Ohio? Open carry is legal there friend
>>
>>30361106
Yeah, Ohio is great. You should come to Ohio. Please. PLEASE.
>>
File: gs05m gun overlay sm.jpg (66 KB, 601x292) Image search: [Google]
gs05m gun overlay sm.jpg
66 KB, 601x292
>>30360407
Do you really want an extra 8 or 9 extra pounds on you as you walk cross country? Maybe you should think of a lighter variant like a 10/22 or a 30-30? Anyway, how about carrying it in a non-conspicuous bag or something like an Eberlestock backpack? I'm sure most states allow you to carry a rifle if it's unloaded and packed in a carry bag.
>>
>>30361217
If it means I can have at least one of my firearms with me, then yes.

There's something about the thought of experiencing it with my rifle or rifles, that would make it whole. Guns are ingrained into me, it's a passion. If I can't fuck around innawoods on the way with some target practice then it's like wtf, lol. Obviously in a place where it would be acceptable, of course.

Also if you or other anons have gear suggestions fuckin' give me some tips, I'm open to all advice.

>>30361136
I know Ohio is pretty good with their laws, but I figured that because it's pretty metropolitan, I wanted to steer clear. Also I have a slight fear of wandering into Michigan where they hate us freedom lovers.

Fuck, how did this nation get so cucked.
>>
>>30360888
>drug dealer law
>>
>your an idiot
>>
>>30361687
you could also modify a soft instrument case to hold your guns.
>>
>>30360745
>CALLED
>>
>>30360888
Nah senpai, in Texas a vehicle is private property so you can carry albeit out of sight
>>
>>30361837
This. if you're going to migrate with a long gun. it's best to do it with a guitar case.
>>
>>30361136
I live in Ohio and open carry all the time
>>
>>30361217
>most states allow
>implying it's the Bill of Privileges

You have a God given right to bear arms and the freedom of movement within the country. Also you have the right to be secure in your person, house, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, which shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

All laws violating the aforementioned are unconstitutional and you have the duty to resist them, with deadly force if necessary and that is why you have the right to bear arms.
>>
>>30362743
Dude I'm with you. But how can one man (myself) make a difference in thay way, when all the media will do is paint me as a right wing terrorist? The majority will undoubtably follow and believe in that rhetoric, and thus make more gun laws look to be a better idea.

Dude, I'm an Anarchist as far as my fundamental thinking goes. I'm with you 100% senpai, but if we are to make a difference we need to resist and inform in other ways. I'm using this trip to find some inner peace, and add some experiences under my belt. I'm not trying to inadvertently start a nationwide manhunt for the next terrorist, lol.
>>
>>30362743
Yep you are not going to get charged with anything for having a gun. No law will stand up under scrutiny.

You will however have the cops called on you, be harassed by law enforcement because they are tired of said calls, and generally not be left alone for doing it.

You can walk around yelling nigger. It is your right. But people are not going to leave you alone about it.
>>
>>30363212
Say I'm in an open carry state, then technically they can only call, and the police can only check what I'm carrying?

I quite honestly don't give a fuck about being harassed and stopped, I just want to fucking do this shit. I won't let these faggots stop or discourage me.

I also want to be sure I'm in the right before I get ass fucked by our "justice" system.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.