[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M&P Shield Upgrades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1448517105619.jpg (123 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448517105619.jpg
123 KB, 600x450
What are some good upgrades for a Shield? I've been thinking

>Trijicon HD tritium sights w/ Yellow front sight
>Apex duty/carry kit
>granulated Talon grips
>Magguts springs

Currently testing out both an Incog and Eclipse holster from G-Code and seeing which one I like better.
>>
Already stippled the grip as I'm never going to get rid of this gun and thinking about trijicon hds next.

I was thinking about the apex as I didn't like the trigger at all when I first got this gun but don't feel like dropping 150 when I can buy more ammo. I've gotten used to the trigger since then.

Are those magguts reliable? I'm a little skeptical messing with magazine springs from factory ones.
>>
File: 1447069760188.jpg (105 KB, 1629x1079) Image search: [Google]
1447069760188.jpg
105 KB, 1629x1079
>>30360168
Got pics of the stippling? I sorta want mine stippled like pic instead of the ugly bubbles you see on every gun.

I too want the apex but $150 is a bit too steep and I might just get the internals skipping the actual trigger assembly.

As for the magguts, people say they're reliable but I would test them out extensively before actually carrying with them.
>>
I've been running Talon Granulated grips, Magguts springs and the Apex machined sear only. All have been super reliable. Well over 500 rounds of various ammunition. Both fmj and self defense.
>>
>>30362287
>Apex machined sear

How much of a difference does this make? I can mange buying that for now and maybe the $150 kit if I feel the need sometime down the line. Are the granulated grips uncomfortable when they rub on your skin?
>>
>>30362373
It smoothed the trigger out a little, not night and day noticeable but enough to notice. Also making the trigger pull a less that was really noticeable. I went with the sear only because installing the kit requires removing the rear sight which is a HUGE PITA! unless you have the tool or a gunsmith with a sight tool.

Yes the Granulated grips are uncomfortable on me at least, its almost like sandpaper or grip tape. If the pistol is going to be rubbing on you get the rubber ones.
>>
>>30362557
>I went with the sear only because installing the kit requires removing the rear sight which is a HUGE PITA!

I cannot agree more. I would fork over the money for the whole kit if it weren't so. Part of me would want to buy some new tritium sights if I were going to remove the rear sight anyways but that's $300 in one go.

I'll just buy the sear and call it a day for now. Unless I can nigger rig up some way to stabilize my slide for sight installation, I think I can do it with a couple of 7N6 spam cans and ductape.
>>
>>30360045
I'm still thinking about a laser, and removing the irons, or getting smoother lower profile ones. The rear sights cut into me, and overall they don't line up very easy.

Though really, I think I'll just replace my shield with something smaller in the mean time. It's too much of a pain in the junk to carry, literally.

Also, don't buy a remora thigh holster for it. Waste of, however much money I dropped on it, 50 something.
>>
>>30364623
I use an incog holster using a single 2 hole clip on it and carry at 1 o'clock and it's pretty comfortable. It doesn't dig into my body and I can even bend around without it digging into me and causing pain.
>>
>>30360045
The biggest part of the equation is the shooter and not the equipment. I recommend you improve that by taking aim at the area where your brain stem meets your brain, preferably through your mouth, and firing.
>>
>>30364623
>and removing the irons

wut
>>
File: edgy.jpg (70 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
70 KB, 680x510
>>30364791
>>
>>30360045
Id stay away from talon grips unless youve got a holster with a good sweat guard. That shit hurts my purdy love handles. Apex is good to go though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.