[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/ommiefornians, as of last week the waifu and I decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Alright /k/ommiefornians, as of last week the waifu and I decided to move from the Lone Star Republic to San Diego. Reasons being I got a promotion, about a 30% pay increase, and the waifu has her dad and brother there. Brother is currently in the Marines.

So I ask of you brethren, am I totally screwed when it comes to taking my gun collection? Do I have to register every single firearm? What about my suppressors? I've been hearing about all these new laws in California regarding salt weapons. I have 10+ AR's and AK's, do I have to neuter them of part ways?

Need halp
>>
>>30357631
Hate to break to you anon, but youre gunna have to neuter them all, sell your suppressors, and i think register your pistols.
>>
>>30357631
Either don't go or sell everything.
You're fucked.
>>
>>30357989
he doesnt need to sell them, he can just convert them to cali specs and keep the parts he had to take off.

Its not worth it to sell them OP. Unless you wanna sell them for a few hundred more in cali, the handguns atleast.
>>
>30% pay increase
Most of that is going into paying the higher taxes on everything
>>
File: buried stuff.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
buried stuff.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
>>30357631
Several options.

1. Have a trusted friend or family member/relative who can hold on to them for you.

2. Store it in a storage facility and keep up in payments (might not be the brightest idea.

3. Store in a bank safety deposit. Disassemble all those guns and place them in a box. Bring it to the bank, go to the privacy room, and pack them all in. Probably require multiple deposits.

4. Do a Ron Swanson and bury them somewhere no one will find it.
>>
>>30358143
Higher taxes and more expensive EVERYTHING
>>
>>30357631
>San Diego
Doesn't the poverty line start below 80-90k a year?
>>
>>30358058
>>30357974
Unless the handguns are on roster, he can't bring them. If his father, mother, grandparents, kids and grandchildren are already here and he feels like doing two transfers, he can do that to get them in, but only way to get or bring off roster handguns in state is being a LEO, buying off someone who already has it in state like a LEO or a terribly long process of getting an 80% and making it into a single shot model and making it not gay after registering
>>
>>30357631
NFA shit like your suppressors are illegal here. Yeah, you let your job and wife cuck you.

Oh, and that 30 percent pay increase? That is all going towards the significantly higher cost of living, higher taxes, more expensive housing, etc. In the end, you'll be lucky to break even compared to your old salary.

But hey, at least SD is pretty when you stay out of the areas overrun by mexicans straight out of mexico.

And yes, California requires registration of all long arms. And you would have to stick a bullet button on your AR's and AK's in order to have them be California compliant. And that will only last until Brown signs the California 'salt ban into law, which will then ban even bullet button AR's.

You came to the wrong state and at a really terrible time. We have some 14 odd anti-gun laws that got bum rushed through state senate, some of which the liberals had to cheat to get that far. And after Orlando, I give a fairly high chance that Brown signs the laws that screw over 'salt gun owners.

Oh, and there will be a ballot initiative that will ban online ammo sales and require a new licensing system and permit in order to buy overpriced Californian ammo, and prohibit the importation of cheaper ammo from neighboring free states. And so far, Calicucks are polling as in support of that measure.

I don't know why the fuck anyone in their right mind would want to move to California at this time. I'm on my way out of here in a couple months. I'm taking a job in a free state that pays less, but I end up taking home more money because taxes and the cost of living are so much lower.
>>
Best to give up your guns and find a new hobby. I hear archery is fun.
>>
>>30357974
Registration is for ALL weapons now, not just handguns. Long arms are also registered here. Not to mention that he will not be able to bring any of his handguns that are not on the California roster. The single shot exemption was signed away and made illegal by Brown, so you can't get any non roster handguns in California anymore.

>>30358255
Single shot exemption is not legal anymore. Selling to a LEO in state and then having that LEO make a private party transfer to you *might* be okay. But you would need to trust that LEO to actually give it back to you/be willing to be potentially break the law in order to help you bring an illegal handgun into the state. I am not certain about the illegality of trying to cheat the system by doing a double exchange with a trusted LEO friend. It might be legal to do so, but it's definitely questionable and a libtard DA who caught wind of it might choose to make your life a living hell and shove you and your friend through the courts as a result.
>>
>>30357974
>>30357989
>>30358058
Don't listen to these fucking statists
Take your guns, don't be a sperg, hang on to them and IF someone should ever ask, tell them they're from a different state or just keep them locked up in your safe.
If you go to the range or OC, make sure they're compliant, otherwise fuck these fascists.
Then GTFO shitifornia asap.
>>
>>30358143
>>30358169
This. If you're making 6 figures you can afford to stay in TX and enjoy some of that money. If you not making comfortable 6 figures you aren't making enough to move to CA.
Not to mention the full retardation of funs.

>>30358406
>Then GTFO shitifornia asap.
You appear to have misread. This guy is actually voluntarily moving there. Or more like reading between lines the tits he stupidly married are dragging him there despite it being a horrible idea in just about every way, because 'muh family'.
>>
>>30358473
He's right, TX here too.
It's nice being able to do what I want when I want with my firearms. Such as being able to buy a gun in a few minutes and take them home from a gun show the same day. As long as the Liberals in Austin don't fuck around we're good.
>>
Just hide them in the laundry basket and tell your wife to shut the fuck up.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.