[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have any info on older 870s? My LGS has a Wingmaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: shapeimage_2[1].png (238 KB, 609x199) Image search: [Google]
shapeimage_2[1].png
238 KB, 609x199
Anybody have any info on older 870s? My LGS has a Wingmaster with an 18" barrel with the open sights, 5 round tube and checkered wood furniture with the slightly fancier fleur de lis engravings. It also has a metal trigger guard. The bluing has a few scratches but otherwise looks good.
I didn't write down the serial number to check the date.
They priced it at $325 firm, is that how much it's really worth? I've felt the need for a pump action for a while now and as I understand, the older 870 Wingmasters are top shelf.
Pic semi related.
>>
>>30345452
Any Wingmaster for under $400 is good.
Witht hte 18" barrel it could be a police trade in so check to make sure it's not excessivley worn.
>>
>>30345528
As much as I'd like a police model, the finish was too nice. Are they routinely going for over $400 used these days? I'd just get one of the new production Police Magnums but they seem kinda chintzy with the plastic trigger guard and thin matte finish.
>>
File: tmp_19651-IMAG0075555873116.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19651-IMAG0075555873116.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
Pick that shit up nigga old wingmasters are the dopest
>>
>>30345528
Why are the old Wingmasters so cheap compared to new ones.
>>
>>30345452
If you don't buy it, I will.
>>
>>30345836
dem stubby feet look like horse hooves, brah.
>>
File: t2-052[1].jpg (88 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
t2-052[1].jpg
88 KB, 800x537
I'm probably going to pick it up come Saturday, but I really can't decide between keeping it like it is or adding a magazine tube extension and a factory top folding stock.
I've always wanted the Terminator 2 870, but the parts to convert it would cost nearly as much as the gun...
>>
>>30347127
Might as well buy two of them anon.
>>
>>30347136
I'll probably just pick up a new made Police Magnum down the road to see if they're really as shit as everyone says nowadays.
>>
>>30347127
Remember though that those top folding stocks, while extremely cool, suck absolute dick when it comes to practicality. The original remington made ones have bakelite pistol grips that crack if you breathe on them, the reproductions are made with extremely shoddy materials, and both types have sharp edges that can cut you up pretty bad if you don't dehorn them. I'm not trying to crush your dreams here, just remember that there are limitations of the design and other cool stocks/grips out there too.
>>
File: 870vidpics001[1].jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
870vidpics001[1].jpg
77 KB, 800x600
>>30347316
I'm aware of how shitty the metal ones, and the plastic junky repros aren't what I'm looking for.
Something tells me I'll shoot it once or twice and then only put on the folding stock to dick around with snap caps with.
>>
>>30347364
And that's just fine too as long as you know that going in. A lot of people on /k/ will give you a hard time for not buying something that's 'practical', but just remember that it's your gun and your fun when using it, no one else's
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.