[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy, /k/. Hypothetical situation. Family of four in a 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1457030303943.gif (3 MB, 307x233) Image search: [Google]
1457030303943.gif
3 MB, 307x233
Howdy, /k/.

Hypothetical situation.

Family of four in a 3 story house(3rd story being the tower - victorian home).

In the middle of cornfields for as far as the eye can see - completely flat. Not a single hill, nor tree line.

To the west and to the north is a river - a deep river with a strong current. The bridge that crosses said river is out.

All roads are on a 1x1 sq mi grid.

Family of four vs 250 average russian soldiers. No air support, nothing. Just their standard equipment.

Family of four has 20mm semi auto rifles, 6 AR15's, 1000's of rounds for both. They also have a Semi-Auto converted belt fed M2.

In the winter, it's open fields with visibility up to ~8-10 miles. 6 barns connected via tunnels.

Who would win? The 250 russians or the family of four?
>>
>>30344987
Two hundred and fifty soldiers will easily win against four civilians, regardless of what the family are armed with.
Wait until its dark, sneak up and kill them at close quarters if you're worried.
Done.
>>
>>30344987
the russians.
They storm your house, lose maybe 30, and kill the men after they rape and kill the women.
>>
>>30345033
Family are all well trained combat veterans, have NVG's. Family is expecting them. There's no possible way the family could win?
>>
>>30345046
Well, you've moved the goalposts somewhat, they'd still lose though, its not like they could defend all four sides of the house.
Just delete the thread, they won't win.
>>
>>30345046
Mortars, RPGs, incendiary weapons, all of these are standard equipment for those 250 soldiers.
>>
>>30345054
Only reason why I'd say they have a chance, is for one in the winter it's an open view as far as the eye can see - and if it's on a full moon or NVG's they'd be seen. All the property being linked through tunnels. Potentially booby traps.

If you could start picking them off from 500m away I'd say if all four are doing so they'd get a good number of them. And if it's all thought out right they'd do even better with the tunnel linked barns.

Simo took out over 300 people with only a nugget, after all.
>>
>>30345046
The Russians need one lucky shot to eliminate 25% of the enemy force. That doesn't spell good odds for the family
>>
>>30345073
Yeah this, a few RPG's should sort the house out. Think they might have an RPO-A on them? That ought to sort the house out.
>>
>>30345093
He didn't do it at the same time though did he, that was individuals from a concealed position.
The Russians would have machine guns, RPG's, mortars etc
We can end this thread now, before the retardation sets in, the family of four are toast.
>>
>>30344987
You think 6 barns connected to the house with underground tunnels is an asset for 4 people trying to defend the house they're connected to? You don't even have enough people to put at every entrance.
You'd need to keep at least one person in your tower at all times, considering that is virtually your greatest asset, and they're going to have 10 different scopes locked on it at all times.
At the very least, they'd rush the house and lose ~50.
This is the faction who employed the strategy of sending wave after wave of soldiers directly into an MG until it ran out of ammo and the soldiers overran the nest.

A 4 person family unit is hardly enough to defend against a band of untrained criminals let alone 250 soldiers.
Let alone 250 rapey/pillagy soldiers with little to no conscience.
>>
>>30344987
Russian Luerv Mortar.

Russian bombard filthy Kulak dwelling with large amount of Mortars, great success.

But seriously, they are going to have a decent number of mortars, and will likely be able to bombard them with impunity, destroying the house and likely kililng them fairly quickly.

They might lose quite a few guys spotting, but so what.

They have 250 guys. The family has 4 people. One lucky mortar strike could kill them all.
>>
>>30345138
>This is the faction who employed the strategy of sending wave after wave of soldiers directly into an MG until it ran out of ammo and the soldiers overran the nest.
You were fine up until then, why did you have to ruin it?
>>
>>30345168
http://ww2today.com/22n-april-1942-norwegian-ss-troops-fight-off-russian-assault

I'm sorry? Would you like more examples?
>>
File: 1463898743770.jpg (36 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
1463898743770.jpg
36 KB, 248x249
>>30344987
>cornfields for miles
Family wins; flawless victory!
>CASUALTIES
>SENPAI: 0
>RUS: 250

Family simply digs a dry-moat around their house, sort of a ditch with maybe a little water at the bottom (making it a wet-moat).

Family sets fire to the edge of the cornfield surrounding the house, then retreats to the top floor of the house.

Fire spreads out from house, eliminating cover while incidentally burning anyone caught in the fire.

Family overwatches empty fields of ashes miles across, firing on each unconcealed Russian soldier with practiced marksmanship techniques.

>BREAKDOWN OF ESTIMATED RUSSIAN CASUALTIES BY CAUSE-OF-DEATH
Fire: 30
Long-range sniper fire by family >1,000': 48
Medium-range gun-battle <1,000' & >100': 135
Short-range firefight <100' & house exterior: 22
Close-quarters combat within house: 8
Booby-traps: 5
Accidents: 2

>mfw defenders' advantage
>>
>>30345046
>have NVG

>I want the family to win so I immediately start adjusting my scenario as soon as you point out they have no chance

Well if that's how you're going to play the family will win every time m80.
>>
>>30345205
Cool, nothing about doing it to expressly waste the SS's ammunition though fuckstick.
It was a case of inexperienced troops in a desperate attempt to break out of an encirclement.

Stupid? Yes.
Only done for the purpose of using up enemy ammunition? No, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>30345291
>uh the family's fields are covered in claymores and c-wire!
>also they have a nuke!
>>
>>30344987
The best option for 4 fucking people is to have 2 independent snipers and 2 manning a portable mortar.
The problem with being in the house is that you'll easily be designated by MGs and mortars.
You need to shoot and move, keep heads down long enough to drop a mortar on them.

With the right rifles two men can hold up the entire armored column long enough for the other two people to go get 18 more people.
>>
>>30345427
>the right rifles
>hold up the entire armored column
No.
>>
>>30344987
>>30344987

If the Russians are using modern equipment.

One Thermobaric RPG round is all they need and your day is fucking done.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>30345448
Fuck outta here you unimaginative prick.
>>
>>30345483
>armored column
>rear echelon troops
Which is it fuckwad? Sniper takes a few shots, tanks locate him, blow up building he's in, move on.
>>
>>30345534
See
>>30344987
Apparently it's a shit loads of Russian trucks looking for the farmers daughter.

>tanks
>not having repair crews
Nice to know that tanks/trucks fix themselves nowadays
>>
>>30344987

Russians. Hit it with an incendiary and burn the house down.

RIP family of 4.
>>
>>30345467
Hand me a rocket for people Ivan!
>>
>>30345577
>Russian trucks
Isn't an armored column.
The repair crews aren't with them, they're behind the armored column numnuts. Like I said, sniper starts firing, the armored and thus immune vehicles blow him the fuck up.

Unless its trucks, in which case it isn't a fucking armored column in the first place.

Whatever, this thread is no better than any other 'x number of y vs a number of b' threads we have.
>>
>>30345653
I don't think we have ever satisfactorily answered the scenario of who would win; a platoon of marines or a thousand angry lions.
>>
>>30345676
It's obvious.

Me, cause I'll be vastly entertained.
>>
>>30345651
>>30345651

It is!

Fucking Marines started shitting on Mudhuts in the sandbox with SMAW rounds.

Fuck clearing that 4 story mud shack with potentially 8 guys in it.

SMAW I CHOOSE YOU!

>SMAW uses Overpressure wave.
>Critical Hit causes 9000 Damage!

>Terrorist Faints
>Terrorist Faints
>Terrorist Faints
>Terrorist Faints
>Terrorist Faints
>Terrorist Faints
>>
>>30344987
That fuging gif.
I laughed so loud my dog shit in the kitchen .
>>
>>30344987
The Russians.

Because suppressing fire, co-ordinated fire and maneuvre and the anti-tank/support weapons organic to a russian infantry company, which is what 250 average russian soldiers actually is. Fucking dumbass.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.