[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commieblocks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 940x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 940x653
/k/
Why do commie blocks look like fortress?.

I wonder if commie blocks were made with urban warfare in mind.
>>
>>30343866
master planned development is like that: logical, majestic, impersonal
>>
>>30343866
It promotes airflow. Also it denies flat fired ordnance from traveling far. It also inhibits blast over pressure and shrapnel from dispersing. Yeah I think those commie bastards thought about it.
>>
Russian here
The building were I live have some weird windows, that would be effective as defense position
>>
File: z10446148QNowa-Huta.jpg (130 KB, 620x426) Image search: [Google]
z10446148QNowa-Huta.jpg
130 KB, 620x426
>>30343866
Polish here
The blocks are arranged in "islands" so that it would be possible to defend them against any attack, with minimal numbers of infantry.
Air attack - ineffective (the buildings are made from rebar concrete)
Land attack - costly
>>
>>30344276
This too often.

And what I also noticed myself quite often is that when commieblocks had flat roofs, they always have a very big ridge on the side that could easily be used as cover.
>>
File: Nowa-huta-osiedle-szkolne-brama.jpg (446 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Nowa-huta-osiedle-szkolne-brama.jpg
446 KB, 800x600
>>30344558
Also the building design may incorporate obstacles for any armored vehicles, and creates passages that force the attacker into a "killzone"
pic related (anti tank obstacle)
>>
>>30344569
Yea
And include random tanks - monuments
>>
I heard that the nork commie blocks near the border are U shaped so artillery can hide behind them
>>
>>30343866
you are exactly correct.

there is a lot of architectural and urban planning theory back from the pinko days that goes into constructing effective urban environments for invasion by a foreign force.

it makes sense, if you think about it - Russia was one of the only theaters in the entirety of WW2 to have YEARS of bulk defensive urban warfare, outside of Germany. most of western eruope was a run-through, for both the Germans and the allies, the Britbongs learned more about aerial defense than urban warfare, the chinks took the nips to task in the rural areas, not the cities, and the entire pacific theater was island/jungle warfare for the muricans, with aerial/naval campaigns being primary mode of invasion. the Russians came out of WWII with an utterly unique perspective on how to prep their cities for defense.
>>
File: 1432161144487.jpg (48 KB, 625x511) Image search: [Google]
1432161144487.jpg
48 KB, 625x511
>>30344593
how medieval, do you pour tar and boiling oil on them when they go under the arch?
>>
>>30344727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbTGtHc-bYI
do this
>>
>>30344719
Don't forget Moscow metro 2
>>
>>30344276
Got a picture?
>>
>>30343913
>it denies flat fired ordnance from traveling far.

You mean apart from the huge straight road towards the factory?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.