[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the deal with this guy? Innovative teacher or bat shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 2048x1365
Whats the deal with this guy? Innovative teacher or bat shit crazy marketing?
>>
He can shoot pretty good but I honestly don't know anything about him and in general dislike these wannabe operator celebrity types
>>
>>28299664
From the pic, that's pretty close to olympic posture, so if he's going for accuracy alone, it's conducive.

Trained for a couple of years for 10m air rifle competition until I could outshoot the equipment I was lent by the local shooting sports federation (Feinwerkbau lever/spring rifle, the ring on the front sight was way too wide for actual competition use, got to try an Anschutz with a tighter polycarbonate ring, was shooting 9.5/10 4 out of 5 shots). I was told that if I wanted better equipment I'd have to buy it myself... and that was the end of that.

As you can probably tell, I'm not from the US.
>>
>>28299664
That's a legit stance, newguns.
>>
>>28299664

literal poser

https://youtu.be/O3CxkhMVva4
>>
File: gunny_m1_garand_1.jpg (485 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
gunny_m1_garand_1.jpg
485 KB, 1000x665
The stance is fucking ancient.
>>
>>28299664
Chris Costa is a marketer. Just like Instructor Seero, they would get destroyed in any IPSC or 3-gun match, but they're so much cooler than your average IPSC shooter that people assume they're the greatest operators in the world.
>>
>>28299775
Both of those are sports though, dear.
>>
File: McNamara-joins-Panteao-3.jpg (233 KB, 671x615) Image search: [Google]
McNamara-joins-Panteao-3.jpg
233 KB, 671x615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOliF5FoAA8
>>
>>28299816
Action shooting sports, the purpose of which is to provide objectively score your proficiency in a gun fight. They aren't perfect analogs by any means, but they are a good indicator.
>>
>>28299907
he's scary jacked
>>
>>28299816
This guy is the same guy that says Martial Arts like Wing Chun and Aikido are way better for reality than Martial Arts like Boxing or Wrestling because Wing Chun and aikido are so deadly they can't spar.
>>
>>28299750
it looks disgusting
>>
>>28299949
It works, so it doesn't matter how it looks
>>
>>28299907
TRAIN LIKE YA FIGHT
>>
>>28299664

>Paracord wrapped and weaved into the rail

WHY
>>
>>28299907
He looks like a fucking tool.
>>
>>28299924
While leaving out important details like properly taking cover and scanning for targets. It's a nice sport, but nothing more than that.

In a fight, your primary goal is to survive, in a sport shooting match your goal is to be fast and accurate.

>>28299945
More like saying that the mixed martial artist will get destroyed by the boxer in a boxing match, but if you take away the rules it's a different ballgame.

I'm not a costa fanboy, I'm just pointing out the retarded logic.
>>
>>28299985
>muh tactical
>>
>>28299988
he speaks a bit odd as well, but I remember someone who knew him mentioned he tended to think about what he will say before saying anything.
At least he seems and sounds legit in his personality instead of someone who would pretend to be.
>>
>>28299994
>While leaving out important details like properly taking cover and scanning for targets.

Shooting from cover is the premise of IDPA. And scanning is more of a tactitool gimmick than anything.

>In a fight, your primary goal is to survive

In a fight, your goal is to take down the threat as fast as possible. If you have bullets flying towards you, no amount of training from Chris Costa will save you.
>>
>>28299949
>it looks disgusting

So does TOB, both work well for their intended purposes.
You stance Nazis are hilarious: "HURR DURR I WANNA EVERYONE WHO USES A STANCE I THINK LOOKS FUNNY TO DIE!!!!11"
>>
>>28299994
Like I said, they aren't perfect analogs, but they're something And IDPA does involve cover.
Also, while the primary goal of a fight is to survive, this is often done by being fast and accurate.
>>
>>28300097
>Shooting from cover is the premise of IDPA. And scanning is more of a tactitool gimmick than anything.
You wrote "IPSC and 3-gun". IDPA is closer to reality, but it's still a sport.

>In a fight, your goal is to take down the threat as fast as possible. If you have bullets flying towards you, no amount of training from Chris Costa will save you.
Wrong. Your first goal is to survive. The second most important goal is to neutralise the threat.

And training and practicing are two different things, that's why a good instructor will tell you the WHY as well as the WHAT.

>>28300121
And that is correct, of course, but there are other things to take into consideration. Being fast and accurate is fine, but it isn't final.

Consider it like this: every boxer will hit a punching bag as training, but he'll also spar and do shadow boxing (among other things) which divides up the time he dedicates to training.

Would it be fair to pit a well-rounded boxer against someone who only hits a punching bag in a contest who can better hit a punching bag?
>>
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1536x2048
>teaches combat shooting classes
>served in the coast guard, never saw combat
>>
>>28300224
>Consider it like this: every boxer will hit a punching bag as training, but he'll also spar and do shadow boxing (among other things) which divides up the time he dedicates to training.
I'm not arguing this at all. And in the martial art of combat shooting, competition is one aspect of complete training. It doesn't make you operator by itself, but it tests you under pressure and puts hard numbers to at least some aspects of your talent.
>>28300252
Massaad Ayoob has never exchanged gunfire with anyone either, and he is widely respected as one of the best firearms instructors there is.
>>
>>28299907
Holy shit I had no idea about his background. That's pretty fucking neat. How much you wanna bet at the minimum he's tri-lingual.
>>
>>28300224
>Wrong. Your first goal is to survive. The second most important goal is to neutralise the threat.

An Art of the tactical rifle DVD or 3 day class will not help you survive any longer than the average guy who visits the range on weekends.

Any IPSC shooter can watch the Art of the tactical rifle and learn the same "survival" skills that you do, while having much sharper accuracy and ability to hit 3 inches piece of steel at 100 yards.
>>
>>28299977
FIGHT LIKE YA TRAIN
>>
>>28300252
only retarded internet lurkers actually believe this is important. Basic fact is that you don't learn much of anything relevant to civilian tactical shooting on deployment, in fact you're probably not doing anything on deployment besides COIN and other skills that are not applicable to civilians at all, like JTAC shit, airborne and maritime raids, hostage interdiction, blah blah

The only thing I personally care about is that they know how to shoot, move and precisely handle themselves under stress, especially the threat of being killed.
>>
In reality, a SOF dude will get more actual trigger time on greenside deployment buildups than they will on deployment. A deployment teaches you how to react to fire and how best to assault the enemy in dynamic environments and shit like that, but seriously how many "tactical shooters" train to take fire? How many of them actually shoot unknown distances? How many of them train to get a ten digit grid of the enemy position and call in fire?

This whole culture of idolizing operators is fucking stupid as hell, wannabes always make reality seem way more interesting than it is.
>>
>>28299746

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esLfkL4-Svc
>>
>>28299664
I use a reverse grip in the standing, I competed in the Marine Corps shooting team, and basically

You're
Fucking
Stupid
>>
>>28299746
This video made me cringe so hard i can't even finish watching it.
>>
>>28299664
Its a real stance, and its two fold. Accuracy and compensation. I used to be full fucking moto and hold my gun awesome, guess what? I got run the fuck over by a utility vehicle, <thanks for my service, press y to salute> and my arm is not as strong as it was, or ever will be, plus a tremor. You get two levels of compensation by holding a gun like that. With a traditional long arm you can control it better, and with the extended magazine of a contemporary rifle it presses back against your arm a little. all in all, bretty good.
>>
>>28300932
y
>>
>>28299664
I only hold my rifle like that when I shoot in the prone position
People wonder why I nail all black at the 500
>>
>>28300916
blame japan for eating it up
he's playing to the nip crowd. no other place would have received him like that (okay maybe another asian country)
>>
>>28300970
>it's not my fault i took money to cosplay for the nips
>>
>>28299907
He talks goofy but I love his message.
>>
>>28299687
>wannabee

dude little kids shoot people to death it's not an ancient art. the war has made this olive drab/beard bs popular that doesnt really make him a wannabee.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg (27 KB, 420x240) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo1.jpg
27 KB, 420x240
>>28300252
if he was on camp lejeune then he probably learned some cool shit. my friends dad was delta force since bosnia and an overall cool guy, i've literally never once heard tell a single war story in the 13 years i've known him, I know he was in a helicopter crash but he doesnt know I know. anyway he teaches coastfags, MARSOC and recon marines how to breach ships and how to shoot and move on a rocking ship and things of that nature.
>>
>>28300252
>screenshot of a picture
c'mon man
>>
>>28301346

You can see he's using an apple product so you really shouldn't expect too much from him.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.