[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barrel length on CC gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: plz no.png (58 KB, 160x185) Image search: [Google]
plz no.png
58 KB, 160x185
As I understand, the longer the barrel, the higher the velocity of the bullet (to a certain extent ofc, I understand there's a point where additional barrel length doesn't improve velocity), so what is the shortest barrel length I should conceal carry for a 9mm semiauto? Or is the drop in fps negligible?
>>
>I'm shooting someone with supersonic expanding lead projectiles
>not a nerf dart

Jesus Christ op how autistic are you? Its a fucking gun. If the barrel is longer than like a quarter inch I'm sure it'll work just fucking fine.
>>
>>30342811
for a pistol it doesnt matter
your ballistics are going to be shit and your force transferred to target will be ass unless you get a large cal pistol which is hard to conceal.

what you're talking about is basically a nonissue in anything but rifles, and only has a real difference in the 16-24 inch range
>>
Concealability is all about the grip. So long as the barrel isn't jabbing you it's not a big deal.
>>
>>30343017
I will add that if you want your hollowpoint to expand just make sure you get a reputable brand that someone has tested, ideally in your gun. Speer makes short-barrel loads if you don't want to think about it that much.
>>
>>30342811
It depends on the ammunition. Some are loaded for use out of service pistols with at least a 4.5" barrel and use powders and projectiles that take advantage of that length. Others are optimized for short 2.5-3" barrels.

For example Speer makes standard Gold Dot loads as well as Short Barrel Gold Dot loads.
>>
>>30342811
Don't worry about the barrel length when it comes to how hard it'll be to conceal. Whats gonna make things difficult is a thick or long grip,
>>
>not having a 36 in barrel revolver

https://youtu.be/hasipuR7-as?t=43s
>>
>>30342811
Barrel length will generally mean you'll be able to hit things out at distance much easier. This isn't a vital factor for a conceal carry gun but it is nice to be able to reliably hit a target consistently out at 80 yards.

Plus you do get a bit more muzzle velocity if you're into that thing
>>
Thanks for all the info guys.
>>30344525
>>30343063
So what's the grip length/thickness I should be shooting for? I'm a 5'8 165lbs guy btw
>>
>>30345204
Depends on clothing and where you're going to carry on your person
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.