[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone has a thread asking if anyone has fought in recent wars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1466313132718.jpg (82 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
1466313132718.jpg
82 KB, 800x618
Someone has a thread asking if anyone has fought in recent wars. Instead of posting in the 111 reply thread full of shit, I'll start this one.

I fought in the GWOT in 2012 at Bagram for almost a year. The mission was counter ied/idf.
Ask me anything.
>>
What tips would you give to a guy who's pretty shy and would sperg out/drop spaghetti upon meeting people with experience with guns/kommandos?

And how the fuck I don't spaghetti when I touch a gun for the first time?
>>
I remember when these kinds of threads were a bannable offense
>>
>>30336396

Don't break firearm safety rules.
If you don't know something, ask.

>>30336411

I've been here since Duke Nukem. Piss off.
>>
>>30336365
OIF 06-07 - (Cav Scout)

I don't really care if you ask me anything, feel free to insult though.
>>
>>30336396
dont be a faggot, its just a gun. remember the safety rules when handling em (youll eventually follow safety rules like its second nature). Thats it.
>>
>>30336365
>>30336472
>how good is the average grunt's marksmanship?

>Any cool tips you've picked up from combat?

>Would you fuck a trap?

>glock or 1911?

>if you could change something about the military what would it be?
>>
How do you remove ieds
>>
I fought in the Gulf War and it was bloody great. I rode in a Humvee, flew in a plane, and shot 3 paki's. I had a marvelous time.
>>
>>30336507

>how good is the average grunt's marksmanship?

Some grunts shoot great, expert every time, others not so great. You get all kinds.

Not really. Don't be a slow bag of ass.

>Would you fuck a trap?

I am straight, so no traps.

>glock or 1911?

I like both, and would be comfortable carrying either one. 1911 with a rail and light if I had to choose.

The fucking pandering bureaucracy. Officers shouldn't be treated as if they are special snowflakes, as they are worthless. I wouldn't mind getting paid a bit more, too.

>>30336509

Call EOD.
>>
>>30336365

Thank you for your service

>>30336472
Thank you for your service
>>
>>30336440
>>30336473
I live in a third world country where I'm not touching a gun so soon. I just want to be ready to use a gun at least in the theory.

And that would be finger out of the trigger unless ready to shoot, always suppose a weapon is ready to fire and never point the barrel at something you don't want to shoot. Right?
>>
File: ThankYouForYourService.jpg (44 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
ThankYouForYourService.jpg
44 KB, 600x484
>>30336365
>>30336472
>>30336571
thank you for your service
>>
>>30336507
how good is the average grunt's marksmanship?

Pretty good, helps that every asshole 68 or an ACOG. My guys were good on irons otherwise though.

Be honest I wasn't in much combat, we mostly just dealt with IED and harassment fire on convoys.

Only had two TICs over a minute, and never had PID. Just shut up, listen to your NCOs and let your muscle memory do the rest.

>Would you fuck a trap?
No, I am pretty self-sufficient. One of my best friends in my platoon was gay though, and no one really cared.

>glock or 1911?
1911, carry one everyday

I fucking hate the politics of the Officer Corps, or maybe just the Officers we had. If it weren't for our NCOs, I have no doubt we would have died from sheer incompetency.
>>
>>30336679
yep, thats the kist of barrel.

barrel in safe direction at all times. so either straight up or straight down or down range.

target and beyond, penetration is a thing, be careful of whats behind your target.
>>
>>30336672

You know damn well I hate that

>>30336679

Yeah, that's right. I suggest running away if it's an option. You will live longer.
>>
>>30336509
Very very carefully
>>
>>30336729

Probably a dumb question but would shooting an IED disable it
>>
>>30337002

Probably, but its insisted that we call EOD, wait however many hours for them to come out, then they det it on site.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.