[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the going price for a SKS? Any reason to get one now, besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Whats the going price for a SKS? Any reason to get one now, besides just likings sks's?
>>
Anywhere from $350 to $500+. I bought one for $375 because I really wanted one, if you want one go for it, but I'd save a bit more and get an AK or AR that I won't have to modify or use shitty mags to get more than 10 rounds. It's a great gun, don't misunderstand, but for the price they go for anymore I'd just get something better for a little more or even the same price.

If you do decide to get one, get a Russian or a Romanian if you can find them.
>>
>>30336014
I've got a norinco with a 30 rd mag if yah wanna buy.
>>
It gets you into the x39 platform and you don't have to invest in bannable magazines.
>>
File: muh_sks.jpg (93 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
muh_sks.jpg
93 KB, 720x960
>>30336014
Depends on where you are, really. I've seen them anywhere from ~$300 to $500, all depending on exactly what model you're looking at.

Right now, they're just marginally cheaper than a low-end AK, so I'd almost argue that it's worth just shelling out the extra money for an AK unless you really want an SKS.

That being said, I've got one and I love it. It's the scariest thing I can legally get in MD, and it's overall a pretty solid gun. The only issue I've had with it is a popped primer got stuck in the firing pin channel and jammed up the pin. Fortunately the pin was stuck back instead of forwards, but it was stuck in there so badly that I had to order an entire new bolt (I went to two gunstores that couldn't get the damn thing unfucked).
>>
>>30338604
>>30336235
The c&r norinco's are good to go
J&G has them for under $300, I paid between $200-250 for mine 2 and a half years ago.

http://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-military-surplus,-cracked-stock,-c-r.-used.-p-83964.html
>>
>>30338741
>Chinese
Yeah but then you're getting a shitty stock and (usually) a spike bayonet, which isn't as cool as the blade one. I dunno about you guys, but aesthetics are a huge part of the decision making process when I buy a gun.

Do Chinese ones at least have chromed barrels? I feel like that'd be the only reason to get them over a Yugo.
>>
Lets say I wanted a bottom of the barrel sks, I dont eve care if it functions, it just has to have worked at some point in time, preferably a yugo, what would asking price be?
>>
File: sks.jpg (82 KB, 689x513) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
82 KB, 689x513
$200 senpai
>>
>>30339319
overpriced, but since you asked
>http://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-military-surplus,-rusty-cracked-stock,-c-r,-gss.-p-86426.html
>>
I'm looking at getting one because I want something that eats clips for reasons. Anything I should be looking out for?
>>
>>30336014
>Any reason to get one now, besides just likings sks's?
if you get a Yugo you also get a non-NFA grenade launcher
>>
Paid 375 for a norinco in excellent condish
A lot higher than it used to be but I've always wanted one, don't regret it at all.

Great rifle, I would trust it with my life.
>>
got my beat up "ghost sks" for $279 a year and a half ago

still haven't shot it lol
>>
>>30339519
Nigga where? All i can find is $400
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.