[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the differences between an original Thompson and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_7678-GM447599_L1-13848602.jpg (24 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7678-GM447599_L1-13848602.jpg
24 KB, 800x800
What are the differences between an original Thompson and the auto-ordinance reproductions?
>>
>>30331623
Auto Ordnance was one of the companies contracted to make the originals. fyi

But internally, nothing except for semi auto compliance and compliance for barrel length and overall length
>>
>>30331646
IIRC, it's auto-ordinance in name only; They're serially made by Kahr arms
>>
>>30331646
Don't they add extra rails on the inside of the receiver to prevent people from putting in an origInal bolt?

Isn't that what they do on those PPS43 pistols?
>>
>>30331665
I didn't know that. learn something new every day.

>>30331708
I think that falls under semi auto complience. the ATF have thrown a shitfit before about "easily convertible" guns
>>
>>30331665
Its about as 'Auto-Ordinance', as 'Springfield Armory INC' is 'Springfield Armory'
>>
Are these open or closed bolt? I thought open bolt guns weren't allowed to be made anymore and that is why the MAC guns when out of business
>>
>>30331894
Closed. It uses a similar system to the TEC 9.
>>
>>30331623
Longer barrel length
Repros are closed bolt
16" barrel semis don't have detachable stock. Only the 18+" barrel versions do.
>>
>>30332014
So it is a completely different gun in a thompson shell
>>
>>30331623
Giggles.
>>
>>30332068
As far as I can tell, it's the same gun, but with (possibly) extra rails and a different bolt. You could possibly put an original bolt in (with some modifications) and an original lower, but I can't tell you for sure.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.