[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
caliber vs. capacity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: оружје.jpg (254 KB, 1200x1732) Image search: [Google]
оружје.jpg
254 KB, 1200x1732
Hello gun professionals!
I am noob try find defence gun. What important: caliber or capacity?
Want buy gun from HK, thinking of HK45 or VP9. What better? Also suggestion welcome!
Thanks for help me!
>>
Just get the 9mm also VP9 doesn't like water
>>
>>30329929
What better against water?
>>
Capacity. 18 rounds of 9mm is better than 8 rounds of fuddy five.
>>
>>30329965
If striker get wet the gun no go bang
>>
File: .458 SOCOM and 5.56.jpg (94 KB, 986x739) Image search: [Google]
.458 SOCOM and 5.56.jpg
94 KB, 986x739
>>30329840
Shot placement > capacity > caliber
>>
>>30329840
Get the HK45 and run it with .45 super.

.45 super STRONK
>>
>>30330372
>muh fuddy five

Enjoy bursting your eardrums after you miss the first shot
>>
>>30329840
Just get TT
>>
>>30330251
what striker no go bang, not understand sorry?

>>30330367
i see, that was question; is better caliber for holding up person, or more shots

>>30330860
is more loud?

>>30330868
what you mean TT?

sorry people, i no understand, not use specific terms please, i am noob
>>
>>30330251
That's just a meme that spawned from MACs torture test. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SMir0VKdo
>>
>>30329840
Comfort with gun>all

I go with .357sig. Only a round or two less than 9, punches through autoglass like a champ, and during runs on ammo .40 still flows like water so I always have a backup.
>>
>>30329840
There is no discernible difference or increase in lethality from any of the major duty calibers (9mm, .357 SIG, .40 s&w, .45 ACP). You can google handgun ballistics, handgun wounds, etc. there's a very good video of an anesthesiologist who was an ER doc floating around somewhere and during his lecture he gives evidence as to why penetration is so important along with shot placement. The projectile expanding certainly helps BUT it means nothing if you have a .50 caliber projectile (if fully expanded) that fails to penetrate more than a couple inches of flesh and doesn't make it through bone.

However OVER penetration CAN be problematic. That's why hollow points were ORIGINALLY designed. Not to increase the size of the projectile in the target but to KEEP the projectile in the target.

With all this knowledge, people knowing that the major calibers all have nearly identical effects in the human body, it comes down to a few other features.

Is penetrating light barriers of the absolute most importance? 9mm MIGHT not be for you as the lighter projectile does have problems depending on load with this sometimes. I would say for MOST people carrying in their day to day lives though or even LEOs who have access to an AR variant rifle in their cruiser if they need it 9mm is an extremely good choice.

Lighter recoil means faster follow up shots, increased capacity in similarly sized handguns is ALWAYS good (never heard anyone who was actually in a gunfight say "I wish I had LESS rounds") and it performs just as good as the other calibers in the human body.

>tl;dr: handguns all suck so take as many rounds as you can
>>
Definetly caliber. You want that first shot to count.
>>
>>30332128
is you retarded?
>>
>>30332128
A TT-33 is an old milsurp pistol used by the Soviet Union before they adopted the Makarov. 8+1 magazine, and they usually run ~$200. The ammo is hard to find and its a fairly large gun, but the ammo will penetrate armor, so as long as you aren't getting mugged by a guy with ceramic plates, you're good
>>
>>30332128
This "fake bad English" meme is pretty shitty. Off yourself.
>>
>>30329929
>>30330251
>this stupid meme
>again
suck

uhhhhhhhhhh

fuckinnnnnnnnnnng

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc

Also
>cares about capacity
>considers the vp9
>>
>>30329840
Get a 9mm with at least 15 capacity. 17 is preferred. What is most important however is how well it fits your body.
>>
>>30334161
It's not really a meme if it actually happened. I'm not crazy about MAC, but he brought forth a valid concern. Pond water made HIS gun fail, but it didn't make Hughes' fail.
>>
>>30334948
MAC didn't make it a meme.
Retarded /k/ did.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.