[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.defensenews.com/story/de fense/air-space/2016/04/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: A400M.jpg (477 KB, 1600x917) Image search: [Google]
A400M.jpg
477 KB, 1600x917
http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/air-space/2016/04/28/airbus-reports-a400m-engine-gearbox-problems-cause-delays/83643340/

>“On the military side, we are now facing a serious challenge for production and customer deliveries of the A400M due to new, unexpected issues on the engine propeller gearbox,” Tom Enders, Airbus group chief executive, said in the statement with first-quarter financial results.

>“It’s very frustrating but we’ll have to work through this with our engine partners,” he said.

Will Airbus manage to present the new version at Farnborough Aero Saloon next month? Or it will be "eaten" by Lockheed ,Embraer etc...

Discuss.
>>
>>30324907
Why does Airbus always seem to be having trouble with suppliers these days?
>muh A400M engines
>muh A320neo engines
>muh A350 interiors

Is it bad suppliers, or bad communication? Or is it the Jews?
>>
No need to get A400M if you already have C-130J.
>>
>>30324962

I read it was the engine suppliers.
>>
>>30324962
Program management.

When you ask for a device capable of X then when the thing is done you ask that the same device has to be capable of Y, it doesn't work.

Airbus only worked because there were people to fix the mistakes of other people and somehow glue everything together. Since the germans have taken over, it's all become shit.

See NH90. See Typhoons. Same shit with A400M. Remember that time when germans caused the A380 program two years of hassle because they did not want to use CATIA and fucked up cable routing inside the A380.

Airbus has become a nightmare under the influence of germans.
>>
File: germilk.webm (1 MB, 427x318) Image search: [Google]
germilk.webm
1 MB, 427x318
>>30326671
How do zee Germans manage to repeatedly fuck these programs up?

Always assumed it was French involvement desu.
>>
>>30326671
Aren't the Germans the people you bring in when everything is fucked?
>>
>>30324907
Knowing what kind of morons run European Defense ministries, it probably is some buerocrat that saw a plane and a gun once so far, creating a hissyfit over some standard/norme, which in turn means some stupid board asked if Airbus can make it differently, regardless of how irrelevant said regulation is, causing delays.

You know, like the G36 stops working after firing 500 bullets consecutively. So somebody read some report that in some war somewhere soldiers shot xy bullets over 500 a day. So he though maybe a rifle should shoot more than that. And then a retarded minister started speaking. And now said ministry is in court for how stupid they are.
>>
>>30324907
lol I work with a former Airbus CQ guy. I'll ask him about what he thinks of the a400m problem
>>
the company i work for makes all the A320neo plug and nozzles.
doesn't surprise me that are having issues
these cells are forced to make 4 a day

airbus's requirements are sufficiently lower than Boeing or Pratt and whitney.
>>
>>30327892
Unless he is an engineer (QE)
his opinion is basically worthless.

i work with QC guys and they are fucking retarded.
pratt
Boeing
and Airbus ex.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.