[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Physical Trauma - What are the limits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 31
Have you seen any physical trauma that didn't result in an instantaneous death but should have?

Any EMTs, combat medics, police officers, gang members, etc have any good examples of physical trauma that didn't have the effects you'd think it would?
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xorfJP8qUlw
>>
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=170_1396117152
>>
>>30324557

Guy in Iraq was captured and tortured. They took to his dick with a hammer.

He should have passed out, but didn't. Has a great g-spot dick to show for it, but the nightmares and the inevitable alcoholism screw him out of any benefit.

You'd expect for the vascular damage to be so great he'd never get an erection again. I'd also expect him to pass out from the pain. Neither happened.

I do expect him to an hero though.
>>
>>30324557
yes, personal experience. high sided off of motorcycle doing fifty miles per hour. got up restarted bike and went on to work nine hour shift.
>>
>>30324576
That's what happens when you drive a weak econobox
>>
>>30324607
That's not physical trauma, that's a lack of physical trauma. Read the thread, bro. If your face degloved and you are still operating today, then we are interested.
>>
>>30324602
>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=170_1396117152
The classics. But it wasn't a suicide attempt, he just wanted to be the center of attention with that jump and miscalculated.
>>
>>30324607

Nigga you need to learn to read
>>
>>30324557
Yes, EMT. Bear mauling vic was missing 3/4 of his face with massive blood loss, still survived. Met with him after the docs patched him up. A real trooper.
>>
>>30324832
Did his face heal up good? Or is it just hamburger meat?
>>
>>30324879
Bit of scarring on the left side, but nothing too horrific. Face looks a little tight from the missing skin.
>>
>>30324557
saw a guy on a motorcycle go head first into a jersey wall after rear ending someone. he hung on until that night.
>>
>>30324557
>comic
that's rather fucked up

let me guess, walking dead?
>>
>>30324920
The needlessly multicultural cast should have tipped you off

>>30324908
Any description of his injuries?
>>
My dad was a paramedic in Minneapolis in the late 80s and early 90s. He got called out to a gang shooting, 4 bad guys mag dumped into a rival gang member. 43 bullet wounds in total, almost all of them in the chest. He lived.

Worst I've seen as a newly minted EMT is a motorcycle on vehicle, this was 3 weeks ago. Rider hit the back of the car and went over it. Somehow lost his lower jaw and crushed his chest. He's still in the hospital now but is doing well I'm told.

Seen some worse stuff but the patient never lived
>>
>>30324953
I have neither read nor watched more than 30 minutes of the show that someone had playing in the room and a couple stills that people posted here.

I'd say it's a fairly decent guess for that, all I really know, and I do mean all I know about it in sum, is zombies, a cop, a prison compound and a Bradley.
>>
FF/EMT of 12 years here. I've seen some shit.

first incident
>old dude decided he'd had enough of life
>put a 1911 in his mouth
>aimed skyward
>fired
>slug went right through the top of his mouth
>through his brain
>left a ragged hole in the bone and flesh on almost the direct top center of his head
>he fought us while we were trying to treat him
>he spent the rest of his days in a nursing home with other dementia patients

next time
>car wreck
>relatively young woman was the rear passenger in a jeep
>jeep rolled and it half crushed her head
>massive skull deformation on one side
>tangled and stringy bloody black hair was everywhere
>thready pulse and almost no blood pressure
>flew her
>heard she survived and eventually went through rehab and regained some semblance of a normal life

another time
>woman went crazy
>shot her ex husbands lover
>shot her kid in the temple with a .380
>shot herself
>the kid survived

last one I can remember off the top of my head
>guy was a passenger in a 4 door car that got T-boned
>he was sitting behind the driver and the impact on the driver's side (driver was killed instantly)
>a sports car hit them doing at least 70
>guy was pinned in due to the intrusion of the door and shit basically crushing him
>he cried and begged for us to save him
>there was no way the guys on the rescue tools could've cut him out quickly
>he ended up expiring right there in that shitty cloth seat on that dark cold highway

And that's all I have to say about that.
>>
>>30325020
I hope you got that last guy enough morphine that he didn't realize what was happening.
>>
File: help.jpg (66 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
66 KB, 640x470
>>30325020
damn dude, do you ever get used to seeing that type of shit? is it just another day at the job?
>>
>>30324557
Skydiver with double chute failure.

She was still alive and talking for about 20 minutes or so after she hit the ground. Not in a good way and she knew she was going to die.

The paramedics were kind of just like we should just tell all the family she died instantly.
>>
My mother got hit while on a motorcycle head on by an f-150 that crossed center line cause driver with diabetes forgot to eat and passed out, it ripped the motorcycle driver apart, and crushed her left leg and pelvis, she got launched 50 yards into the median and wasnt wearing a helmet, no head injuries, lost her leg above the knee, 14 pints of blood and a life flight helicopter, a week of medically induced coma,surgeries, and 1.3 million dollars of medical bills. 8 years later and she's walking but will have crutches for the rest of her life
>>
>>30325114
So how was the lawsuit on that diabetic driver?
>>
>>30325135
sweet
>>
File: 1362538504424.png (257 KB, 314x335) Image search: [Google]
1362538504424.png
257 KB, 314x335
>>30324953
>The needlessly multicultural cast should have tipped you off

It's almost as if America is a multicultural country.
>>
>>30325135

he had 10,000 of insurance as thats the minimum in texas, he had no assets other than a trailer and his truck for us to go after, it wasn't worth the time as i was allready fighting in court to try to lower the 1.3 million medical bills.
>>
>>30325113
What did she say?
>>
>>30324557
EMT/FF here. Some suicidal motherfucker got into a standoff with cops in my town and ended up taking 2 from an AR-15 when he tried to aim his revolver at an officer. By the time we got there, he was still breathing but part of his head was smeared across the pavement of his driveway. All we could do was sit there and watch him, he died about a minute after that. It was bizarre. It also ended up being a pretty big story because this shit is so rare in my state to begin with. The craziest part was that there was a ride-along civilian with one of the cops who had to hide in one of the police cars while this shit went down. One hell of a way to see the police in action.
>>
>>30325153
Fuckin' kek
>>
>>30325236
This
>>
I was taking jiu jitsu in high school and this 5 foot 6 girl was my partner. She told me to go easy. I thought men were equal to women so I rushed her and choked her out. After that I actually went easy and let her get me in a rear naked choke. I tried to throw her but she choked me the fuck out. The instructor asked me, "You can't even get out of that choke?" I didn't even cry I fuckin walked home.
>>
>>30324953
That and the strong white guy is the villain.

Anybody else think having the zombie genre focus on humans are the "real" monsters is fucking stupid?
>>
>>30324557

Am cop, used to be a prison guard.

There was one dude who got jumped and beaten with the hard plastic trays that part of his skull caved in. They had a plastic bag draped over the back of his head to keep his brains in.

He survived long enough to be loaded onto the medevac chopper. After that I don't know.

Seriously, this dude's brains were oozing into a fucking plastic bag.
>>
>>30324920
the walking dead comic is shit.

the formula is basically just
>hey look at these people
>they are struggling!
>hey look they overcame the obstacle!
>wow you look those characters right?
>ok im killing the ones the fans like the most!
>*repeat*

except the writer had the former cops kid get half his head blown off but pussied out and had him live and not be a mashed potato because the fans would have stopped reading.
>>
>>30325113
Yes but did she survive a fall from 33,000 feet?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
Although desu, anything after terminal velocity is just for bragging points.
>>
>>30324557
The craziest story I read in an EMT thread here
>guy is an EMt or something for a military base I think
>gets a call
>weird codes or something
>a higher ranking guys son got a sunroof installed on his cranium
>suicide but they need him to come anyway, he'll find out why
>he gets there, some other EMT guy is there and half explains, says the son is still ''alive''
>they just needed him there to call it
>go upstairs
>the son is in a chair, shotgun on the ground
>the son has no face
>body is still breathing, wet sucking sounds, half a head just facing foward
>the son must have placed the shotgun directly beneath his chin and aimed pretty forward, blew off just the front of his face/head
>backpart of his brain is still functioning and breathing
>body finally stopped breathing a short time later

There was also another anon that saw a little girl that was hit by a big rig. She was still alive but mangled in one of the front tires, contorted. He said she was crying and asking for help.

And lastly there's a story that a 9-11 jumper survived the impact, except everything up to one of her arms and upper chest was destroyed on the ground, and she asked a paramedic for help and rambling.
>>
theres the gif or webm of the mexican guy (cartel maybe) that shot his face off with a FAL. i mean a huge fucking chunk of his face and head were gaping. and he was moving around and shit
>>
>>30326811
We've all seen it but I'd prefer no gore in the thread.
>>
>>30324576
>dog is wunderbar... etc.
If xe was so awesome, that chick and her brat would've been miracled out of the way.
>>
>>30325480
The good guy is also a white guy. So is the heartthrob that all the girls like.
>>
File: preacher-arseface.jpg (50 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
preacher-arseface.jpg
50 KB, 1200x630
>>30326751
>>
>>30326811
There's two liveleak links here about him
>>
>>30325559
When it comes to our grey matter, our consistency with it is like jello
>>
File: Smile.jpg (87 KB, 404x530) Image search: [Google]
Smile.jpg
87 KB, 404x530
>>30324557

Self inflicted GSW. Post excision/debridement, pre mandibular plate placement here.

Was fully conscious and lucid until sedated by anesthesia.
>>
File: I am a unicorn.webm (3 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
I am a unicorn.webm
3 MB, 640x352
>>
Afghan that hit an IED
>caved mis-shapen skull
>lacerations everywhere
>open throat
>forearms perforated/flayed, shattered bones inside visible
>both hands gone
>both legs in same condition as arms, flopping around because splintered bones

He was conscious and kept trying to grab his legs
>>
File: ringlayers.png (3 MB, 1828x814) Image search: [Google]
ringlayers.png
3 MB, 1828x814
>>30327667
holy shit dude what
>>
>no mention of Phineas Gage
For shame, /k/.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Or are we not including historical examples?
>>
>>30327724
Horey shit.

Someone fell for the ice pick meme.

If it didn't work for Trosky it wouldn't work here too.
>>
>>30327724
First aid tip for /k/ bros: if you ever find yourself penetrated by a foreign object like this, DO NOT try to pull it out. The only time you should ever try to remove something is if it's the only way to get the patient to medical aid (i.e. they're impaled on something deep in the wilderness and can't be moved)
>>
>>30328598
In pic related, the tissue too damaged to be saved was removed, the wound area was flushed of debris and particulates.

But they had not yet gotten to the whole "put this dumb fucker back together with a metal jaw" part.
>>
File: 1462472477002.jpg (9 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1462472477002.jpg
9 KB, 255x255
>>30326127
What? You can't handle 9mm point blank? That stuff is for babies .

Sounds like you're just a big old sissy anon.
>>
>>30327724
>" kids these days and their new fangled shenanigans"
>>
>>30325154
niggers are 13% of the population. there is no need to include them in every piece of media other than to appease cucks.
>>
File: 1463607185187.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1463607185187.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>30324557

I work in operating theatres as a wardsman, I've seen some nasty shit. They get me to hold the broken limbs up while the surgeons prep them with alcohol, it's pretty hard when libs are no longer structurally sound. Worst one I ever saw was in the neuro theatre, a woman was catapulted out her wind when her car rolled at high speed. (wear a seatbelt u cunts) She landed head first on the asphalt de-gloved her whole head and caved her skull in. She had some other insane injuries too, something (we never found out what) penetrated her armpit and came out the top of her shoulder, must've been at very high speed cus there was just this big open hole the whole way through. The surgeon pulled small rocks out of her Dura mater (outer layer covering the brain) that had embedded themselves on impact. There was a bowl of Large skull fragments and these rocks, about 1 - 3cm in diameter. She lived but the whole point of operating was to stabilizer her so they could harvest her organs later on. I asked about her about a week after I first saw her and they said there was fungus growing on her Dura mater from the contact with the road?
>>
>>30329187

Soz for the poor grammar and spelling. They don't educate us in Aus.
>>
>>30324899
What a story he has for the bar and some local ass
>>
>>30328891
>>
Iraq
>Guy tries to an hero with his m16... to the chest
>Soldiers heard shot and found soldier in a shitter
>Patched up at CASH then medevac out. He survived and it was later reported it was a "training accident"
Iraq again
>Local Haji tried to sneak a bag into our perimiter during a lull in large firefight.
>warning shots. He keeps walking.
>240 lights him up with about 2-3 volleys. Survived for a few mintues.
>"died of wounds"
Afghanistan
>Soldier at FOB gate when VBIED hits.
>Thrown ~30ft and severs tongue due to blast. Pick him up and fly him to CASH. Try best to keep him alive, lots of meds, CPR for 15 mins. Died from wounds at CASH.
Afghanistan again
>Haji takes round to head, likely green on green.
>Pick up in Medevac. Brain matter exposed. Barely breathing. Keep him alive till at CASH. Codes on table while giving report to MD.
And to top it off
>get call for trauma post mortar attack on FOB.
>get report from MD saying female soldier was "pleasuring herself" during attack and fell off bunk breaking a glass dildo off in her ass. Tell pilots to fly really, really slow. They ask why. Rest of flight was anal jokes. Aprarently she fully recovered, physically at least.
>>
File: large.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>>30329366
>>get report from MD saying female soldier was "pleasuring herself" during attack and fell off bunk breaking a glass dildo off in her ass. Tell pilots to fly really, really slow. They ask why. Rest of flight was anal jokes. Aprarently she fully recovered, physically at least.
>>
>>30324557
I've got one that messed me up bad.

>be working Security overnight
>a 12 hour shift
>get off around 6am
>on the highway, on a bridge, and traffic comes to a stand still
>get CB out and key it up on the local truckers freq
>anyone know what's going on?
>"yea, an accident about a mile ahead of me"
>Roger, hows it looking?
>"I cant really see it well, ill give updates when I get closer
>about 5 minutes of standstill finally let up
>going at a snails pace
>about 10 minutes foes by and the same guy comes over the radio>"oh my God...its...pretty ba-"
>can hear him puking
>he's leaving the mic keyed up
>"its a 4 car pile up"
>"its...really bad...poor kid"
>about 10 minutes later, I get to where he was
>blood...blood everywhere
>there's a kid, maybe 13-14 dragging himself across the ground
>EMS trying to get him to stop, and calm down
>lower half completely missing
>leaving a trail of blood
>literally pools of blood everywhere
>EMS, POPO, and FIRE are standing in pools
>this kid had to be the only survivor
>can hear his screams through my closed windows
>I'm starring in horror
>look over
>WA state trooper is starring right at mr
>death glaring me
>realize I'm still in tacticool security uniform
>look ahead and wait for traffic to move
>about 30 seconds later he knocks on my window
>roll it down
>"pull up over here"
>he's the only trooper on scene still
>"I need you to stand a ways down the road and direct traffic over, we are short man power today and the nearest trooper is half an hour away. Do you think you could help? I'm full here"
>yea man, let me get my reflectors and walk up there
>tells me to stand there and direct people over
>gives me some cones and a few flares
>stand on the highway telling people to move over all the way left
>half hour later, other trooper shows up
>asks if I know First Aid
>I only knew basic, but it was enough for him
>EMS asks me to stay with the kid and keep him engaged and going while they try to help him calm down

Cont.
>>
>>30329483
Generally speaking you don't copy the entire green text to post a reaction image newfag.
>>
>>30329534
>entire green text
>>
>>30329509
>tacticool security uniform
Bitch you better not have
>>
File: 9mm.gif (3 MB, 320x170) Image search: [Google]
9mm.gif
3 MB, 320x170
>>30328891
>>30329313
>>
>>30329509
Stupid ass phone. I had it all written out and it turned off. Here the next part.

>walk over to the kid
>he's on his back, trying to look around at what's happening
>clearly in shock
>kneel down next to him
>kneeling in his blood
>literally pools
>I dont even know how he survived up to this point
>"Hi, my names Anon, I'm here to make sure you're doing ok"
>he looks up at me
>I still remember those hurting eyes
>looks at me and says
>I...i can....cant feel my legs...where are they?
>my heart drops
>look up at the Medic
>he shakes his head
>look down and smile
>"can you tell me your name?"
>"K-Kaden"
>"What's your last name?"
>"I...i don't know...."
>he looks up at the sky
>he's having a hard time breathing, plus with the blood loss, I know he's on his last leg...pun intended
>stops breathing
>his heads rolls over at me
>looking into this kids eyes
>cant see the pain anymore...so lifeless...
>another ambulance shows up
They're trying frantically to get him breathing again
>never does
>they drive him out of there
>I'm still kneeling in the pools of blood
>one of the medics helps me up and helps me wash up
>trooper comes over and hands me his business card
Cont
>>
>>30329587
>if you need anything, or want to do a ride along, call me. You can head home now. Thanks for the help."
>he walks away
>finally get washed up
>get in my car and head home
>finally get home
>walk in and stand in the doorway, starring at my wife
>clothes are totally soaked in blood, oil, and gas
>she looks at me like I'm a killer
>just walk to the bathroom and take all my gear off
>take a long shower
>become depressed for a few months
>almost get fired because of it
>always extra caucus when driving now

I have another one about a Metro watch if anyone wants to hear it
>>
>>30329543
Oh I did.
>>
>>30325480
Technically in the show Neegan is the good guy.

Rick's band is just a bunch of roving mauraders, murderers, and psychopaths. Neegan is trying to maintain a societal order, favors for favors.

He's an asshole, but not the biggest asshole.That was... of course before he killed Glenn in the show. Yes, he's fucking dead. AMC really fucked-up in not showing his death at the end of the midseason finale.
>>
>>30329603
Yes please
>>
>>30329643
>Be driving down highway
>see a bunch of lights
>where lights were, there was a grassy hill, probably big enough to launch a small jet off of
>not even kidding
>on this hill was a Metro Watch Charger
>decide to stop because I know some guys who work for MW
>walk up
>the guy is laying down by the foot of the hill
>there's an onramp right there...
>you can see where I'm going with this
>car is half way up hill
>he's laying on the ground
>walk over and ask if he's ok
>police are already on scene
>he sits up and looks at me
>he had the most panicked look of his life on his face
>"no, man"
>look into car
>the entire dash is cracked, airbag is out, and the steering wheel is broken
>how the...?
>walk back down
>ask what's wrong
>he had a broken leg and has a sever concussion
>bleeding everywhere
>HUGE price of dash board is stuck in his leg
>like, to the bone
>apparently he tried to drift around the corner
>car going much slower is there
>he hits car
>sends him up hill
>guy from car gets out to check on him
>gets back in and leaves
I dont even know how he managed to do what he did, but he did. It was well worth the stop though. It made me laugh so hard
>>
>>30329509
>>30329587
>>30329603

World is a fucked up place.

Should have gave that cop a call; that kind of thing would mess anyone up for awhile. Definitely up for the metro story.
>>
>>30329587
>Kaden
Who names their kid Kaden? Was it a nigger? If it was, that kind of ruins the story's impact.
>>
>>30329671
Yea, that wasn't to long ago...i might still call him, because I'm starting to apply to departments, and as much as I dont want to work in Seattle, getting onto the WASP SRT would be nice.
>>
>>30329671
>World is a fuck up place
How does a car crashing make the world a fucked up place, my edgy friend?
>>
>>30329676
No, he was red. Completely red. Or white, I couldn't tell. But he definitely wasn't a nigger for sure. Infact, all of the people involved, well the ones that I could see, were white. There was even a minivan with kids in it who I could see. One of them was spread out on the highway...it was just a mess in general.
>>
>>30325236
>>30325422
Just rambling nonsense in shock really, mixed in with crying and screaming.

You could tell a part of her knew what was happening though. She only lived so long because she landed on some fairly soft loamy ground that really helped absorb the blow, she got all around mangled though.

This was on my third skydive when I was learning how, gave it up after that.
>>
>>30329681

Not much edge here broski, even if you're a first responder, and trained knowing that you might see some really awful shit; some situations will just stick in your head and make you experience all kinds of stuff while your mind processes it.

>>30329676
Not that uncommon. Kaden is as caucasian as it gets.

>>30329678
Go for it dude! I always thought SWAT / SRT would be a cool line of police work to be in. Ended up as an engineer instead, go figure.
>>
>>30329678
Wouldn't SPD be alright? Not all that much happens unless you're around the hill
>>
>>30329682
>One of them was spread out on the highway
I call those ones Pan Pizzas
>>
>>30327724
>>30328876
Yeh I saw him trying to pull it out and just felt like screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

>>30324557
Also came across a kid at the bottom of a large hill that had crashed him bmx bike, he was initially out cold but breathing and as I started to call an Ambulance he started to wake up.

At this point I realised the left hand side of forehead his head was now infact flat/caved in a bit )he wasnt wearing a helmet). It wasn't bleeding a whole heap but was leaking some blood from where the small asphalt rocks were stuck in.
His friends were trying to get him to get on his bike and come home with them so he didn't get in trouble, told them to back off and he needed to at least see the ambos to get the all clear. Who fortunately arrived at that point, made the obvious conclusion and promptly loaded the kid up and took him off under lights and sirens. His friends anger at me was pretty lolzy though, had a bunch of twelvies trying to tell me he was fine and should of come home with them .
>>
>>30324557

Late to the thread but here goes.

>Be 16 year old me
>Summer vacation
>It's all about swimming in the local pond
>Used to jump off the cliffs there
>Heights varied from 3 to 13 meters
>Me and best friend decide to jump off the 13 meter spot.
>I go first
>Jump in, is fine. Swim to land
>Turn around to see friend jump
>He runs towards the edge
>Slips right as he is about to jump
>Falls 13 meters straight down towards the water.
>Hits back of head on rocks in the water straight below the cliff.
>Water is going red.
>ohshitoshitoshitoshit
>Freak the fuck out, getting in the water
>See friend swimming towards land
>The actual fuck?
>Can see blood gushing from back of his head as he walks on land
>Its okay anon, lets go to my house
>How is this guy speaking at this point?
>His skull is clearly cracked. About the size of an average mans fist its caved in and you can see some brain.
>Goes to his house, get him to hospital, guy lives with no major problems

TLDR; Friend slipped and slide, should have died.
>>
>>30329603
>>30329587
>>30329509

>EMS have youth with lower torso/legs amputated
>Person is not trapped or bound to the accident site in any way
>Literally crawling around on the ground
>dies on scene some time later, presumably due to hypovolemia

I call bullshit, there is nothing EMS can do on scene to save this cunt beyond a tourniquet which can be put on in the back of a speeding ambulance. I'm a second year EMS student, there is no way that crew stayed on scene with that child and let him bleed to death. The only thing that could help that kid is getting him to a major trauma center.
>>
>>30324557
>WA state, 1986-87 or so, be leetle kid riding in back of family volvo.
>like, 6-7
>dad is ER nurse on caphill
>Vietnam vet, second male nurse in state
>fucking 522 man
>Motorcycle vs van accident, one stater on site
>dad pulls car over, tells moms, me and lil sis to just listen to the radio, we do not want to look
>offuckingcourseilookniggerimakid.jpg
>stater on site on the dude in cycle leathers
>took almost 5 minutes to realize that the leather dude has one arm
>left arm GONE, completely at the shoulder gone
>spent 20 minutes watching dad fail to save a guy and watched a dudes shoulder meatsocket twitch and bleed

No. He did not make it. According to dad, neither did two of the kids in van, fortunately DOA. Which, given how much he drank when I brought this up years later was a good thing.
>>
>>30329799
Only thing I can think of is that they made a triage decision that they only had the resources to treat so many people and there were people with better prospects for survival that needed immediate care.
>>
>>30329772
Your friend is dead, he was taken by a skinwalker some time before the fall anon.
>>
>>30329886

">this kid had to be the only survivor"
>>
>>30325170
should have killed him then.

shitbags like that aint worth having around and once they put their lifes debt into the red then its time for them to be escorted off this mortal coil
>>
get maybe?
>>
File: AngelCammo.jpg (27 KB, 624x379) Image search: [Google]
AngelCammo.jpg
27 KB, 624x379
aww shit, reroll
>>
>>30328579
And nobody had a single ounce of mercy and human decency to put him out of his misery right?

I know that regulations prohibit such actions but god damn it I'd pray for someone to have to give me mercy in that situation.
>>
>>30325170
>1.3million in medical billaFucking America... I hate socialists, but healthcare prices in usa are so bloated, it's a scandal.
>>
>>30329998
so close bae
>>
>>30324557

Nothing as cool or exciting as some of the gunshot stories. But I did see a dude's hand that was ripped off at the wrist when he got his hand wrapped around a high speed milling lathe.

Tore off at the wrist. Blood everywhere. I did the first aid on his wrist. (tourniquet to upper arm as the blood was just cascading out of this guy and no matter what i did I could not staunch it) Every other fucker was running about in circles or freaking out screaming. Weird thing is that he still had his watch on the stump. Testament to the Casio G-Shock Mudman.

Fucker lived.

Moral of story. Don't disable the safety bar on your rig to save time.

Fun fact - I fucked his ex-gf at the mill christmas party 2 months later.
>>
>>30329908
Say it's not true Trevor. SAY IT'S NOT TRUE!
>>
>>30328937
What gets me is that in the comic like a quarter of the characters are guy, but there was only one Asian.
>>
File: leg - edited.jpg (362 KB, 1088x1920) Image search: [Google]
leg - edited.jpg
362 KB, 1088x1920
>>30324557
>have any good examples of physical trauma that didn't have the effects you'd think it would?
I suppose there's a chance i could have died, but at the least i'm very lucky that i didn't lose my whole leg, so there's that
>be me
>be 8
>in the forest behind village with friend
>got a small fire going
>friend had bottle of deodorant on hand to get rid of smoke smell
>"y'know, if we put this in the fire it'll explode"
>"awesome, let's do it"
>chuck it in
>she goes uphill about 7 meters
>i just go next to a tree about 1.5-2m away from fire pit
>some time passes
>still no boom
>not paying attention
>moderately loud bang
>tfw didn't even see it
>well that's disappointing, lets go fish
>walking down to river
>hey there's a hole in your trousers
>huh?
>the fuck
>pull em down to have a look at leg
>hole about 1.5-2inch across
>spherical hole down to bone level
>i know this cause i could see the fucking thing
>not good, friends panics
>i can't feel a damn thing so i'm surprisingly casual about it
>head home
>5 min walk
>get there, sit on couch in living room
>yell for dad
>well shit, that ain't good
>head to hospital
>didn't wanna get in trouble for playing with fire
>told em i fell off a makeshift ropeswing and landed on the bottom half of a broken glass bottle
>must have scooped my leg right out..
>doc give me options
>we can put you under and do a skin graft from elsewhere
>or we can give you local and just stretch the skin and stitch it
>got the stretch and stitch option
tl;dr blew a hole in leg with a deodorant can in a fire
Pic related is it now, about 13 years later.
skin itself feels like clingfilm, and if i push down on it i can touch myself from the inside, or at least feel around at various bits, definitely hollowed out compared to normal though
>>
>>30329187
>there was fungus growing on her Dura mater from the contact with the road
Fucking Aussies are going to shitpost 4chan to death and then kill the rest of us with the fungus from The Last of Us.
>>
>>30329366
I'm going to need the full list of jokes.
>glass dildo in a warzone
Shit breaks in the dishwasher, the fuck was she thinking.
>>
>>30325108
>deal with all that shit
>deal with getting shit on because you are the lowest rung on the medical ladder
>deal with stupid boring shit like getting called for heat stroke and just giving someone some water and elaving
>14 bucks an hour

yeah i wouldnt recommend it
>>
From what I can be see, humans can lose half their body and live.

So, we can be quite hard to kill. But only because we have medical personnel to help.
>>
>>30331588
>we can be quite hard to kill. But only because we have medical personnel to help.
Well yeah, without them a simple cut could be fatal if it gets infected
>>
File: Headache.png (574 KB, 425x502) Image search: [Google]
Headache.png
574 KB, 425x502
>>30328598
>>30328885
On the money.

Pic related is what a motor vehicle vs an electrical pole gets you. This guy wasn't conscious, or lucid.
>>
File: Headache 2.png (452 KB, 449x532) Image search: [Google]
Headache 2.png
452 KB, 449x532
>>30331981

And this is after Humpty Dumpty spent a few hours on the operating table.
>>
>>30324606
You tell me that his dick is still working?
>>
>>30329676
Kaden is a stupid name white people give to their kids baka
>>
>>30328619
This
>>
File: icrc-002-4105.pdf-0.png (541 KB, 1241x1754) Image search: [Google]
icrc-002-4105.pdf-0.png
541 KB, 1241x1754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA3HOiBhwT4

This will make you realize why land mines are so feared and hated.

I just wish I had the other parts of this video.
>>
>>30332966
>the explosion has pushed earth into the left testicle
>and has been sutured in ignorance near the battlefield
>>
>>30325011
>>car wreck
>>relatively young woman was the rear passenger in a jeep
>>jeep rolled and it half crushed her head
>>massive skull deformation on one side
>>tangled and stringy bloody black hair was everywhere
>>thready pulse and almost no blood pressure
>>flew her
>>heard she survived and eventually went through rehab and regained some semblance of a normal life

I heard something similar from an english teacher's daughter except she died while her face got rolled over multiple times.
>>
>>30332966

Did anyone else find the debridement really strangely satisfying?
>>
>>30333041
Its sad, because its a chick
>>
>>30326925
This took place here in my city, Goiania - Brazil. The kid walked out with few scratches and the woman, his grandma, got a broken arm.
>>
>>30324996
>43 bullet wounds in total, almost all of them in the chest. He lived.
9mm?
>>
>>30325457
>I tried to throw her but she choked me the fuck out.
Did you get a boner?
>>
>>30324557
>Shot an AR Cannon15, body covered in bruises from the deafening automatic artillery rounds, limit reached.scarred for life, vote Hillary, ban babies and death.
>>
>>30324557
That ducking file name
>>
>>30333114

Edgy.
>>
>>30331997
Dude, it sucked he had to go through that but that looks so cool. I can handle pics and such, but when it comes to saving someone's life, I nearly fainted and puked
>>
>>30325457
You are a baby back bitch. I hate tryhard faggot whitebelts like you. You don't even understand the point of training well enough to know that you're missing the point completely.
>>
>>30333059
I find it more interesting than horrifying. It's like our myscle and body is made of some elastic non Newtonian jello
>>
>>30333674
Calm your tits, boy.
>>
File: 1460446509020.jpg (134 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460446509020.jpg
134 KB, 722x1024
>>30330024
>yes,yes... Let the socialism flow in you

t.french
>>
>>30329666
Satan trips confirm.
>>
>>30329666
Did that fucker got arrested? I know it wasn't his fault, but leaving a LEO injured and leaving i thought is a felony?
>>
>>30326925
Even though I realize this is bait, sometimes you need an experience like this to change your mind about something.
Think about it this way: you're standing at a busy intersection with no walk light. God could either make the traffic suddenly stop so you can cross or he could make somebody come along and show you the way across the street. Which would be more impacting?
>>
>>30330997
>if i push down on it i can touch myself from the inside
>>
>>30324576
Why did they run right into it?
>>
>>30324606

Did he regain his honour by castrating them?
>>
File: 1444145352734.png (895 KB, 4637x3334) Image search: [Google]
1444145352734.png
895 KB, 4637x3334
>>30329534
>Generally speaking you don't copy the entire green text to post a reaction image newfag.
>>
>>30329676
Kaden is a white trash name like Kyle or Cody.
>>
>>30325113

Goddamn it you gave me a boner

Was she hot?
>>
>>30329713

Shit lik this makes me horny. Pls more details. How old was she?
>>
>>30330332
>I fucked his ex-gf at the mill christmas party 2 months later.

Top kek. Did he find out?
>>
File: reaper.jpg (22 KB, 643x409) Image search: [Google]
reaper.jpg
22 KB, 643x409
>>30327667
>Self inflicted GSW
you can't trick me, that's a goddamn reaper!
>>
>>30331997
if they could mold titanium in the required time they'd probably use it, no? for the natural bone would fuse with it
would be pretty bad ass
>>
>>30324557

This story is 2nd hand from a fellow engineer I work with who is an EMT on the side.

>Motorcyclist flying down street at 80+ mph
>Car pulls out, driver probably texting
>Motorcyclist hits car, flips, launches rider
>Rider strikes a few objects (bus, ground, wall, curb, etc)
>EMTs arrive, rider is still alive
>His entire chest is torn open
>My co-worker claimed that he could see part of the poor guy's ribcage torn out
>His heartbeat was visible, though his heart wasn't (just the beat was visible)
>The dude tried talking, but was coughing up blood
>He died less than an hour later

Here's another one, 2nd hand
>Be me, in high school
>Parents are going on a motorcycle trip to Laconia NH
>Say goodbye to them in the morning
>Get on bus to go to school
>Bus stops near school
>Accident in the road ahead
>See a motorcycle exploded all over the place
>No cell phones (they weren't common yet)
>Can't call folks to make sure they are ok
>Freaking the hell out in school all day
>Overhear from the school janitors that they knew the guy and he was heading up to Laconia
>Ask them who it was- turns out it was a friend of the family who was heading over to my folks' house to meet up with them for the ride up to Laconia
>Some idiot driver crossed lanes and struck him head on
>He was wearing a 1/4 helmet
>He got launched, struck his head against the pavement
>His skull fractured and swelled
>Helmet had to be surgically removed
>He is still alive today
>I let him fire my potato cannon a few months after his accident
>>
Guy on base was high on bathsalts and ripped his organs out, medics just tucked them inna mesh bag, stuffed it back into him and rushed him to the hosptial. Some had to be removed and etc but he made a full recovery.... physically
>>
>>30336794

Weight is a significant consideration - we do use titanium in some cases (mandibular implants, floor of orbit fractures etc), but in this case a giant plate of titanium would've been pretty heavy. Also, the polymer we use there is pretty bio-compatible - we actually injected a type of bone morphogenic protein around the plate you see there to encourage bone formation. It integrated well.

I honestly don't know if we have any blanks large enough for an implant that size, but time wasn't the deciding factor. It's all scanned and milled with CAD CAM, so it's pretty quick.
>>
> Work maximum security prison
> 5 minutes before 1600 hour count
> Gallery is already cleared off and ominously quiet, all inmates locked down
>Start count. Get to cell look through door window and see inmate on ground with blood everywhere
> Call ERT's, request permission to break deadlock
>Approved, pop door open and there is blood and every wall and even the fucking ceiling
> ERT's arrive and the other inmate is restrained
> Inmate on floor is unresponsive, I start chest compressions, notice inmates head is essentially crushed, looks deflated
> I'm positive the guys dead
> Long story short, the chimo caught to many boots to the head by his celly
> Inmate ends up surviving but is now blind and essentially retarded
>>
>>30324996
>4 bad guys mag dumped into a rival gang member. 43 bullet wounds in total, almost all of them in the chest. He lived.

The law of inverse value right there gentlemen.
>>
File: latest.png (582 KB, 960x399) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
582 KB, 960x399
>>30337583
>elysium tech is nearing reality
but can it save my merc-fu?
>>
>>30331500
Most of the jokes were
>Doc, you think they'll fix her up enough to still take it in the ass?
>Should've just fucked soldiers instead
>Ask her if she came before it happened or after
>If we hit turbulance will it get her off?
and similar
My first call as a volunteer firefighter before .mil
>get call at around 0100
>guy vs train down by pier
>arrive on scene with other trucks
>no body to be found
>becomes "find parts of guy for ID"
>all we found was an ear, various unidentifiable goo piles and a wellie with the ankle and foot
Later found out to be a local that went fishing late at night and would drink his ass off. Likely didn't hear train or wanted to an hero.
>>
Whenever I visit an EMT thread I always leave terrified of driving.
>>
>>30338032
Not
>I've heard of glass jaw but never glass ass
>I've fallen ass to grass but never ass to glass
>I never knew you to have such a passion for blowing glass
>never knew you could get this cozy with the glass ceiling
>I'd ask you if you missed your boyfriend but that seems like a silica question at this point

>>30338201
these threads are what convinced me to never get a motorcycle.
>>
File: 1461031024183.jpg (42 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1461031024183.jpg
42 KB, 560x432
>>30338355
Also. Agree. I really do love bikes but the more i watch EMT threads on /k/ and browse /o/ the less i want one. Thing is, they are 1/4 the price of a car.
>>
>>30338425
Insurance is bullshit and you get pulled over more. Also can't travel around with my dog in a motorcycle and not worry about it freaking out like a retard and killing us both. riding in a car is bad enough with it constantly trying to help me drive.
>>
>>30329187
I'll wear a seat belt when they make the things to come apart while my whole body weight is jamming the mechanism because im trapped upside down. EMT's and cops carry belt scissors/knives for a reason, and I really don't want to burn to death in my vehicle.
>>
>>30324607
>yes, personal experience. high sided off of motorcycle doing fifty miles per hour. got up restarted bike and went on to work nine hour shift.

You're lucky to be alive
>>
>>30325039
Not him, but we don't do that kind of shit... We'd have the fuck sued out of us nowadays...
>>
>>30338461
>Insurance is bullshit
Livin in southamerica. Insurance is ball-kickingly expensive.

>you get pulled over more
Living in south america, unless you go DANGEROUSLY fast on a very public street or fuck up, cops wont even bat an eye.

>riding in a car is bad enough with it constantly trying to help me drive.

Rearseats?
>>
>>30338474
Statistically you are more likely to die from a situation where not wearing a belt would kill you than a situation where wearing a belt would get you killed. Going by your logic there is no reason in carrying because there is a chance a robber would get a drop on you and you escalate the situation.
>>
>>30333041

My first wreck with injuries was a pair of drunks in one of those supercharged Nissan Titans. Damn nice truck, fully repairable in the end.

But back to the story
>Guy was driving, girlfriend bitching him out how he is too drunk to drive and he relents.
>She gets behind the wheel and buckles up, he doesn't.
>She proceeds to loose control on a straight section of dirt road and pins the drivers side door to a tree.
>In the impact the unsecured boy friend rams against her jaw so hard it is fractured in multiple places, his skull suffered the same fate.
>Once on scene the man is quickly extricated through the door.
>The girlfriend takes some time because we end up having to take down a tree and the roof of the vehicle for fear of neck injuries and not wanting to take her out through the door.

Last I heard she was fine, had her jaw sewn shut for a while but suffered no lasting injuries. Her boyfriend though was brain dead.

Reminder everyone, wear your damn seatbelts. Neither would have been injured if the douche wore one.
>>
>>30338474
>I'll wear a seatbelt when they make it so seatbelts come apart when they're needed

idiot, just carry a knife like any adult should
>>
>>30338637
On the other hand, she killed his boyfriend by losing control on a straight line while being sober.

How fucked up is that.
>>
>>30338637
I should say it would have been fully repairable minus the fact we totalled it for them.
>>
>>30338659
people who would get behind the wheel while drunk in the first place deserve to die. if it happened once it'll happen again.
>>
>>30338659

She wasn't sober, she was drunk too.
>>
>>30338637
Better yet, don't let the woman drive.
>>
>>30325114
>1.3 million dollars for something someone else did to you

Hey now, those doctors need to pay off their student loans.
>>
>>30338687
So he was just more drunk than her? or did she just bitched about wanting to drive?
>>
File: julia popova knifed.jpg (62 KB, 468x454) Image search: [Google]
julia popova knifed.jpg
62 KB, 468x454
why are humans so resilient sometimes?
>>
>>30338735

Not positive other than both apparently reeked of the shit. I showed up after the guy was extricated and just saw the drunken and shocked out girl in the cab.
>>
File: knifed to the neck.png (121 KB, 506x477) Image search: [Google]
knifed to the neck.png
121 KB, 506x477
>>30338811
>>
>>30326832
And I'd prefer if you'd go suck a massive cock.
>>
File: 1420592183402[1].jpg (49 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1420592183402[1].jpg
49 KB, 566x480
>>30338474

>I'd rather die an easily preventable death than [insert incredibly rare worst case scenario here]

holy shit just carry a fucking belt cutter
>>
File: lolonly9mm.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lolonly9mm.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>30324996
>>30333198
>>
>>30329366
Thats a bit shit I still would have made best speed
>>
>>30339120
Woops wrong webm but it works
>>
>>30325480
I'm pretty sure the Governor was black and he was the previous villain (I might be wrong on the timeline, i quit reading the books and watching the show after the prison).

No need to insert your SJW crusade into everything, my friend.
>>
>>30338811
>>30338830
That had to have missed her spine by fucking cunt hairs.

Also, someone was mad as shit to stab her so hard that the goddamn hilt went in.

I'm not sure how you'd fix that besides maybe cutting off as much blade as possible and pulling it out. Holy fuck.
>>
>>30328937
It's set in the South, dingbat.
>>
>>30339239
No, the Governor was a strong white male...
>>
>>30325480
>Anybody else think having the zombie genre focus on humans are the "real" monsters is fucking stupid?

It was the point the entire time, for every good zombie movie.
>>
>>30338474

Did you read the post you ignorant nigger? She was catapulted out her window when the car rolled because she wasnt wearing a seatbelt. Being trapped in a car is the least of your troubles when your brain is growing fungus on it in ICU from it's gravel rash.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.