[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cross eye dominant here, how fucked am i?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: dominant.jpg (60 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
dominant.jpg
60 KB, 620x413
Cross eye dominant here, how fucked am i?
>>
>>30322000
stick to handguns maybe?
>>
Retrain yourself, eye dominance is a learned behavior, wear an eye patch over your now dominant eye while watching TV and force yourself to shoot with your correct hand and off eye. It took me about two years of reflex training and shooting to become right eye dominant.
>>
You can wear an eyepatch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mcVFrk7omk
>>
>>30322009
Is there no amount of conditioning that can rectify it? What about closing an eye to line up?
>>
Or shoot lefty

Hey how the fuck dows a righty dominant person shoot rifle left handed or even pistol with both eyes open?
>>
File: 1460520137801.jpg (156 KB, 1427x1427) Image search: [Google]
1460520137801.jpg
156 KB, 1427x1427
So was I until I trained and fixed it
>>
File: crop.jpg (635 KB, 1813x2659) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
635 KB, 1813x2659
>>30322000
Nice dub trip.

Pistols
Hold over.

Bolt guns.
If offhand get a lefty
If off the bench right is fine

Shot gun
Life is suffering

Piston based semiauto
Hit and miss.
Ak is fine for me .

Di based semi auto
Stag lefty ar.

It sucks eating the gas of a standard ar.

Bullpups.

Get the lefty kit

Pic is my lefty ar15s
>>
>>30322055
Pistol you hold in your right hand. Then hold over to your left eye.
It isnt hard.

Rifles. I hold left handed
>>
>>30322113
Is there a way to be balanced and not have a eye dominance?
>>
>right eye dominant + left handed
>born too late to be a Rebel calvary officer and fuck up yanks with saber and shot

Why live?
>>
>>30322113
>permanently eating casings and gasses.
>Always searching for left models.

Why not just retrain yourself. Rather than deal with the handicap just eliminate it much better in the long run.
>>
Would it be okay to use a side mounted scope and aim with left and hold with right?
>>
I hate squinting my eye when doing a right to left transition with my gun going lateral around a corner. Is there anyway around this?
>>
>>30322000
Not really fucked at all. Mike Pannone is literally missing his right eye (he's right handed) and is still a very good shooter. Even though he had to leave Delta after his injury I believe he was able to deploy to Iraq doing PSD work.
>>
>>30322170
Same here
Firing pistols with left, rifles and weapons with stocks in general with right
>>
>>30322267
This
>>
https://youtu.be/_mcVFrk7omk
>>
>>30322000
Eye dominance is a meme, especially if you're doing that hand thing, which is essentially random.
>>
>>30322000
Im cross eye dominant, and i learned to shoot with my off eye.

>current year
>not training ambidextrously
>>
>>30322101
Another cross eye Dom, planning to get a bolt action and never thought about my condition.

Lefty isn't an option I guess gotta practice more?
>>
There is literally no such thing as eye dominance

The only reason I wouldn't be able to shoot as well with my left is that I can't wink that side as easily
>>
>>30322528
Autist
>>
>>30322528
>what is eye dominance
>>
>>30322575
>Recent studies do indicate, however, that a correlation might exist between Autism Spectrum Disorder and the inability to easily close both individual eyes asynchronously. So far there has been no further testing to prove whether it is causal or related differently.[7]

>>30322602
I just told you
>>
Hickock45 is cross eye dominant. Shoots right handed but always closes right eye.

You are as fucked as Hickock45.
>>
cross eye dominant here. right hand left eye.
shoot pistols with your left eye, shoot rifles with your right, it really is that simple. just close the eye youre not using.

the up side is that it will be slightly easier to shoot rifles lefty if you want. but thats dumb.
>>
cross eye and shoot guns just fine

honestly not that big of a deal, since I just learn to shoot left handed. I jerk off left handed anyway
>>
why do half of you shoot left handed.
just close your left eye and shoot like any other sane individual. the dominant eye is the one thats open.
>>
>>30322000
Not at all.
>>
File: denmark incharge of pants.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
denmark incharge of pants.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>30322000
How the fuck does this work? I when ever I do this I can always see the door nob. like regardless of which eye. So like if the door nob is in my right eye view I can see it between my hands and the left eye view jumps. But if I have the door nob in the left eye view then I can see it and the right eye view jumps
>>
>>30322509
Just shoot left handed, it's not hard. At worst it's mildly annoying with straight pull rifles, and even then only the K31 bothers me at all.
>>
>>30322860
You center it with both eyes open and then hold that position while closing each eye in turn. One eye will see the door knob and the other won't for the average person.
>>
>>30323040
If I do that and then close either eye the image jumps and the door nob moves to right by the hand that corresponds to the eye
>>
>>30323161
Then you probably have no dominant eye or your eye dominance is very low. It happens, it's just not particularly common.
>>
>>30323247
So is that advantageous for shooting or irreverent?
>>
>>30322000
I'm also cross eye dominant (left eye/right hand), it's no big deal. I shoot right side with rifles and hold pistols right-handed but shifted over to align with the left eye.
>>
>>30322000
I am cross eye dominant as well. It's not that big of a deal, just learn to shoot ambi (which is optimal IMHO anyways).

It was awkward as fuck at first, but now I actually have tighter groups when I shoot lefty.
>>
>>30322000
Not a huge deal. Im right hand and left eye dominant.
>>
>>30322186
>permanently eating casings and gasses.
Have you eve r shot a gun lefty? I haven't ever been hit with brass shooting ambi (except for shells bouncing off of shit).

I'm sure its a problem on some rifles, but I've not had a problem with any autos I've owned (Ak/ptr/10/22/Remington 550)
>>
>>30322165
nope. not really.

the body favors one hand one foot one eye over the other.

it is possible to have a left dom foot, right dom hand, and left dom eye..... A life doomed to be clumsy
>>
>>30322000
Shooting left handed isn't hard, I do it. The people who say you can retrain your eye are full of shit. You can learn dexterity with both your hands though.
>>
I either have no dominance, shared dominance, or whatever this shit is called. I can change my dominant eye by partly closing the one I don't want dominant.
>>
File: Clean.jpg (41 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Clean.jpg
41 KB, 700x700
>>30322000
>mfw cross-eye (left) dominant with handguns and right-eye dominant for close-up viewing and rifle sights

I feel pretty damn cool. I look tacticool as fuck shooting handguns and shoot rifles just fine.
>>
>>30322860
Now, I always thought that you slowly moved the triangle towards your face, keeping both eyes open and the doorknob in the center at all times. Whichever eye the triangle is over once your hands reach your face is your dominant eye.

I could be wrong, but it's how I was taught and always worked for me and people I've taught to shoot.
>>
>>30323380
I've shot AR-15s lefty and every so often a casing will land in the crook of my arm. My s2k on the other hand blasts me in the face with gas every time I shoot it. Never get hit with spent brass though.
>>
I tend to use left eye on pistol (trying to force myself over to right) but have no problem using right eye on rifles and shotguns....
>>
>>30323858
If that is the case I am right eye dominant, as well as being right handed and right footed, but I can totally do it with my left eye no problem
>>
>not keeping both eyes open to shoot
It's like you are all really fatherless losers with no one to teach you anything useful
>>
>>30323460
that is how eyes work.

you loose the dominance advantage when the vision is obstructed. that is why a lot of lefty dom shot gun shooters put scotch tape on their shooting glasses
>>
Right eye is dominant for me
But could improve my depth vision by a lot by improving dominance of left eye.
>>
>>30322055
>mfw I'm a lefty but right eye dominate
I think I'm just going to learn to shoot righty with my new AR desu
>>
>>30324123
>Dominate

Maybe learn the word "dominant" while you're at it.
>>
>>30324123
They don't call it correct handed for nothing
>>
>>30322000
Me too, but I grew up shooting muh red ryder righty. It worked out fine.
>>
>>30324123
>implying right eye left hand aren't master race
G I T G U D
>>
File: 1465277700819.jpg (67 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1465277700819.jpg
67 KB, 453x604
>>30322000
I'm left handed right eye crossdom, tfw righthanding rifles and able to draw pistol in left on a half-evolution and get gud. Buddy's face when I pulled a nice group between six rounds off my 870 and then pulled a clean Mozambique with his 1911 off the bench
>>
>>30324158
>drunk
>posting on phone
>go to fetlife a lot so dominate gets typed a lot
thanks for the tip though, teach
>>30325850
how do you figure? it seems to be a pain in the ass so far
>>
>>30326070
G I T G U D
I
T
G
U
D
>>
>>30326111
the next thing is to start saving for ammo then
>>
>>30326143
Seriously tho practice practice practice, then get a saber and wield it in your left hand along with a sixgun in your right and remove buffalo
>>
File: The Hard Times.gif (489 KB, 497x373) Image search: [Google]
The Hard Times.gif
489 KB, 497x373
>>30322170
Truly a cruel existence.
>>
File: 1462841405009.jpg (61 KB, 331x481) Image search: [Google]
1462841405009.jpg
61 KB, 331x481
>>30326193
I plan to. It's my first long gun so I'm excited, having only owned handguns till now.
>then get a saber and wield it in your left hand along with a sixgun in your right and remove buffalo
Fuck I hadn't thought of that till now. Many thanks, anon.
>>
>>30326246
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
>>
>>30324000
If you're all right dominant, and still totally capable with your left eye then you are better off then most. Just have to train the left side of your body to be a completely ambidextrous shooter.
>>
>>30326193
I'd rather go pistol left, hatchet right, can't put pistols straight in my right hand for some reason.
>>
>>30323380
Have a Marlin .22 that literally makes a face shield a must if shooting off the left shoulder. Cases right into my face with almost every shot.
>>
>>30322000
not fucked at all. just means you have more potential to be ambidextrous
>>
File: patriotgibsonaxe.jpg (12 KB, 638x342) Image search: [Google]
patriotgibsonaxe.jpg
12 KB, 638x342
>>30327405
Me too, anon. Me too
>>
File: 1463048860495.jpg (209 KB, 625x578) Image search: [Google]
1463048860495.jpg
209 KB, 625x578
>>30327503
Mah nugget
>>
>>30322000
I shoot fine, close the dominant eye. Problem solved.

>>30322741
This
>>
I'm the same way, but I shoot better than anyone I know.

Just close one eye..

The whole "both eyes open" spiel is a bunch of nonsense
>>
>>30326272
The hedgehog.
>>
I'm right handed and left eye dominant. I just shoot lefty.
It's not a problem with guns - bows are where it gets annoying.
>>
All right dominance master race here. My grouping is tighter than all my friends at all distances with the same guns.
>>
>>30322000
Not at all.

I'm right handed, left eye dominant. Started shooting handguns right handed using my left eye to aim, then suddenly realized I'm no longer doing that and using the weak eye instead. Doing actually better than other people I started learning with. Then started shooting rifles, right handed, of course, aiming with my weak eye - doing just fine.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.