[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do u guise think a modern day pearl harbor would look like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: pearl harbor CRAZY.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pearl harbor CRAZY.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
how do u guise think a modern day pearl harbor would look like
>>
>how... like

Why do people use redundant language like this?
>>
>contacts detected over a couple hundred miles out
>ATC tries to contact multiple times
>receives no response
>since large military base, fighters sent to investigate
>fighters intercept and see warbirds loaded for combat
>redflagdrills.exe but for real this time
>this kills the jap
>>
>>30321562
>fighters intercept and see warbirds loaded for combat
They wouldnt get within visual range
>>
>>30321509
it wouldnt
>>
>>30321509
It wouldn't because we actually pay attention to radar these days.
>>
>>30321602
Okay,
>japs lock
>FA-18s turn and burn the fuck outta there
>redflagdrills.exe but for real this time
>this kills the jap
>>
File: stealthy infiltration.webm (3 MB, 834x450) Image search: [Google]
stealthy infiltration.webm
3 MB, 834x450
>>30321562
>>30321602
>>30321639
>>30321682
Your all wrong.
A modern day Pearl Harbor would be singificantly more efficient than it was, because today China has powerful ballistic missiles. Every now and then their submarines literally emerge from the underwater right behind US ships in exercise arround Guam. Not to mention they have the most advanced land borne anti ship missile artillery in the world. And then there's stealthy aircraft. The only but is that nowadays nobody stacks half of their navy in a single port.
>>
>>30321748
>launch ballistic missiles at US
>people can now develop film just by walking around downtown Beijing, because of all the radiation

You didn't think this out
>>
File: 1439793834408.jpg (78 KB, 877x765) Image search: [Google]
1439793834408.jpg
78 KB, 877x765
I live there, it looks like your average naval base.
>>
>>30321522
Worse are the ones that can make the redundance fit into a single word
>competency
>>
>>30321764
>ballistic missiles = nuclear attack
Wow, just how stupid you are?
I bet yo'ure only here because you think Cowadoody teaches a lot about guns.
>>
>>30321784

He's right though, there's (as far as I'm aware) no sure way of being able to differentiate between a nuclear or conventional payload and if you do that's guesswork based upon launch location & target.

Even though China excludes using nuclear weapons for first strike by doctrine, I place little faith in a written piece of paper when push comes to shove.
>>
>>30321509
Read the book Ghost Fleet
>>
>>30321784
Why in hell would you spend millions of dollars to deliver a conventional warhead? It just doesn't make sense unless you have no other option and are afraid of nuclear annihilation.
>>
>>30321509
9/11/2001

Our generations pearl harbor
>>
Ace Combat 5 has a mission like that. It was fun.
Too bad at that point you're still stuck in the F5, so you can't join the other F-14s flying around the place.
>>
File: freedom shadows.png (365 KB, 735x634) Image search: [Google]
freedom shadows.png
365 KB, 735x634
>>30322901
>Pearl Harbor
>we permanently lose 2 battleships
>we glass two cities

>9/11
>we lose two buildings
>we destroy two countries

Yeah sounds about right, actually.
>>
>>30321509
I think that it would be really weird if Japan attacked us again with planes from World War 2. It would likely not be very successful.
>>
File: easy-2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
easy-2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>30321509

nukes going off at several important military facilities at once (either missiles launched on depressed trajectories by submarines or otherwise smuggled to their targets), along with attempts to take out the SSBNs on patrol.
>>
>>30321784
I wouldn't bet my yellow ass on NORAD knowing the difference, or caring.
>>
>>30322938
Are WWII piston engines hot enough for heat-seeking missiles to lock on to as easily as they do on jet engines?
>>
>>30321509

it would be a cyber attack
>>
>>30321522
Maybe he's a Frenchie
Example: "Comment est la fille?" directly translates to "How is the girl?" When it really means "What is the girl like?"
>>
>>30321509

>>>/s4s/
>>
>>30321509
400 aircraft strike would be a lot more impressive today than it was in 1941.
>>
>>30321784

When you detect a ballistic launch, you generally don't have enough time to wait and see what kind of missile it is before you have to act.
>>
Can you maybe learn to type like you aren't below the fucking age requirement to post here? Is that possible? Fucking 4chan is SHIT after 2011 thanks to the flood of post J-Law teenagers. Go fucking do your homework or play Xbox or something, leave us alone.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.