[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sako Finnlight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Sako-finnlight.jpg (14 KB, 755x150) Image search: [Google]
Sako-finnlight.jpg
14 KB, 755x150
Hi you /k/unts.
I'm thinking of getting pic related as my first firearm.
Thoughts?
I'll be using it mainly for range shooting, and maybe for hunting deer in the future.
It comes in a shitload of calibers, but I'm thinking of getting it in .308 .
p.s I don't live in Clapistan, so that's why I'm getting a bolt-action.
>>
>>30318576
Magazines are retard expensive. Not that that would really matter, given the shitty capacity.

But otherwise solid choice.
>>
>>30318581
True, but 4+1 is enough for target shooting for me.
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>30318576
Where do you live? Are there any 6.5mm chamberings which may be popular near you? Especially .260 Remshit, 6.5 Creedmore, or 6.5x47? All three of those cartridges offer flatter shooting than .308 and slightly lower recoil. The big 6.5s are even flatter shooting but with a bit more bump. Any 6.5 will be better on the range and can also take deer sized game nicely.
>>
>>30318683
He's a Euro, so 6.5 Swede would probably be best.
>>
>>30318576
>>30318603
you could get an used Vepr .308, Moist Nugget, a pump shotty AND an AKM clone for the price of one Sako rifle. Just a thing to consider.

>>30318693
>He's a Euro, so 6.5 Swede would probably be best.
I am Euro, and I don't know anyone who used that crap. It's all about .308, .30-06 and 7.62x54R around here.
>>
>>30318576
>tfw Sako and Valmet won't import RK clones
>>
File: 20136264_uu.jpg (137 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
20136264_uu.jpg
137 KB, 1024x652
>>30319299
Valmet's gun manufacturing side was purchased by SAKO already decades ago, and SAKO made their last RK rifles in the mid 1990s, and was soon after bought by Beretta.

There's no new RK rifles to be found. One reason FDF is simply upgrading their old rifles now.
>>
>>30318683
I live in Finland.

>>30318683
6.5 isn't common here at all, .380 win seems to be the most popular cartridge here by far, that's why I was thinking about it.

>>30319226
Hmm... That really is something to consider. Should I just get a really nice M39 and a boatload of ammo instead? I've heard that they're some of the best bolt-actions of the time. And they have some historic and personal value, I mean it's the rifle that kept us independent of Gulagstan.

>>30319299
That's sad, but they weren't that interesting when I got to use one in the army. Tough, the one I got was dated 1966 so it wasn't exactly new :D
>>
File: mai raifus.jpg (809 KB, 1509x1115) Image search: [Google]
mai raifus.jpg
809 KB, 1509x1115
>>30319381
>I live in Finland.
Sama.

>Should I just get a really nice M39 and a boatload of ammo instead?

I got M44 as my very first fun. Paid mere 200€ for it, and I've been buying those cheap surplus packs (250rnds for 60-70€). So if nothing else, Nugget would be cheap and fun as fuck, and still would use common round around here, that's legal for all animals out there. M39 is also the real Cadillac model of all Mosins.

That being said, one of my local gunshops literally claimed that they don't have 7.62 ammo, because "everyone" uses .308 nowadays. Which is kinda weird and ironic, knowing that x53R was THE number 1 round of hunters just a while ago, still in the top 3 most popular rounds in the country, and still used by FDF in marksman rifles and LMGs.

Partly because of said reasons, partly because I wanted an SVD-like semi, I later purchased VEPR. Love the gun, and at least with 8g factory loads, it's been accurate as fuck.
>>
>>30319349
>and was soon after bought by Beretta.

Beretta shut down all manufacturing lines for RKs and have ever since tried to convince the Finnish government to switch to their own products.
>>
>>30319886

Beretta bought Sako in year 2000. What I remembered Sako actually run down its assault rifle production bit earlier. The 200,000 AKM bought by Ministry of Defense in early - mid 1990's also played a key role - after that Sako could no longer expect large-scale orders of new assault rifles from Finnish military.
>>
>>30319381

Sako Finnlight is not a bad choice if you want one. One of my friends recently bought it in .223, shortened the barrel, added flash hider and did some fine tuning. I test-fired the rifle about week ago - it is remarkably handy and accurate little rifle.
>>
>>30319886
They already failed, though.
Limited amount of Special Forces opted FN SCAR in 5.56 over the competition (one of which was the Beretta's AR) just last year, and majority of the other forces will keep using slightly upgraded RK-62 and the few 95 rifles there is left.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.