[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Designing Rifle for the /POL/ack GREAT RACE WAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 36
Hey /K/ommandos

I'm learning inventor and am planning to design my own rifle. Thus far I have gone through several magazine iterations for my rifle, and am designing the whole rifle around the 5.56 cartridge and the magazine, sort of like how the P90 was. Its going to be an ambidextrous bullpup with a counter weight recoil system and a few other wiz kid gadgets on it. Any suggestions?

Pic related. v4 of the magazine. Scrapped and am designing new helical style magazine.
>>
>not using a Jewish gun chambered in .50 African Eliminator or Nazi military surplus sturmgewehrs
Do you even /pol/
>>
>>30316746
5.56 is most popular round in ZOG USA. I want the race war to be accessible to whitey.
>>
Bump
>>
>>30317316
>helical magazine
I'm liking where this is going
For the charging handle, make something like an AR15, that's pretty much the ideal ambidextrous charging handle. For the spent casings, have them eject out of the bottom like a P90. Lastly, for the safety, have it built into the trigger like a Glock.
>>
>>30317352
Wow Ive been looking for that.

If someone gets dubs after this Ill post my latest render of the helical magazine. its specifically designed to accomodate the 5.56 round's taper, so my helical mag will be straight.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 807x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 807x538
>>30317368
Czech em
>>
>>30317368
What sort of gas system are you going with? And why.
>>
>>30317358
I am going to have it eject downward. I am going to ad a trigger/grip safety system like on the springfield XD tactical, or at least, that the plan. Its going to be a side loading gun, so image like a P90, except the magazine loads on the side. My plan is to have it be loaded from either side. I've got a plan worked out for it. If anyone can get me schematics for these parts: trigger assembly, Bolt Carrier group, barrle and barrel nut, that would be most excellent.
>>
Ok Update everyone, Im designing this mostly as a body kit for the Ar15 series of rifles. What my plan is to do is to kick out everything except the trigger group, part of the lower receiver, keep the upper and barrel. I want it to be completely ineterchangeable with what parts are left from the ar15 so it can be readily mass adopted.

BTW im not a gunsmith, Im just a guy who wants to design his dream gun, so I am going off schematics, and learning inventor.
>>
File: asdad.png (134 KB, 1670x978) Image search: [Google]
asdad.png
134 KB, 1670x978
>>30316550
Hey OP.

I've given your idea quite a bit of thought a long time ago, and I don't really know if a helical or P90 style would ever feed right. The 5.7x28 caliber was designed specifically for that, and the geometry of the 5.56 is not particularly friendly to the concept.
>>
>>30317387
Bolt carrier group
>>
File: Sans titre4.png (89 KB, 1280x958) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre4.png
89 KB, 1280x958
>>30317409
I tried some pretty crazy shit too.

Like a top feeding magazine of clips that eject through the action when the clip is empty.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 625x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 625x400
>>30317417
Woops forgot image
>>
>>30317420
See you're problem is what I am avoiding. I got a clever way to fix that though. I think you guys will be amazed with what I figgered on how to make my rifle.

Again, get dubs and ill post the image from the helical mag and you'll see my genius
>>
>>30317425
Need measurements bro. For each individual part. I need ejector, pin, the bolt, and the spinning nut whatever its called.
>>
>>30317437
One order of dubs, coming right up, buddy
>>
>>30317420
>>30317409
>>30317437
If you can do it more power to you. Helical mag a la calico doesn't really work from what I imagine either.

Good luck regardless, I want to see any gun endeavor succeed.
>>
>>30317387
How are you getting the magazine to seat properly but allow it to be inserted from either side? What are your tolerances for over all length for cartridges? Is the magazine assisted anyway when being removed i.e spring powered? How reliable is it? Can it be manually forced out of either side? How do you remedy the basic operating malfunctions? FTF ,FTE , double feed etc etc etc.
>>
>>30317455
We got a winner here. Next post of mine is of the helical mag design.

Hold on to you nutsacks this one is gonna be a doozy
>>
>>30316550
>counter weight recoil system
>5.56 cartridge
why even bother outside your saw
>>
>>30317420
>sans titre.
Bon... J'ai un cadeau pour toi :

http://benoit-fourneyron.elycee.rhonealpes.fr/les-formations/les-formations-de-la-filiere-armurerie/le-brevet-des-metiers-d-art-b-m-a-/

Bonne chance.
>>
File: Calling all DUBZ.jpg (52 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Calling all DUBZ.jpg
52 KB, 960x540
>>30317455
Helical mag design.

Still working on the feeder, but this mag design ATM can hold about 90 bullets and is about the same size as a P90 mag in length and width.
>>
>>30317503
I'm extremely confused as to how that works... any more pictures?
>>
>>30317523
No sorry. This time calls for trips. What you can see is how I have stacked the bullets, at an angle where the only to non-tapered sections of the case come in to contact with each other, allowing for a straight alignment.
>>
GET ME SCHEMATICS FOR THE ar-15/M16 YOU BASTIDS THE RACE WAR AINT GONNA START ITSSELF
>>
>>30317532

The dude abides.
>>
>>30317541
Google image search can only give me so much, anon

Also here's those trips you wanted
>>
>>30317542

ONCE MORE

556 or 555 get
>>
>>30317497
Merci, mais je ne pourrais me deplacer jusqu'en France.

J'eus déjà complété un cours d'armurier, de machiniste, et je suis presentement un cours de CADCAM plus poussé. Les maladroites conceptions de jadis s'appliquent de moins en moins, heureusement.
>>
>>30317555
Well fuck me silly... Okay next post is better explanation
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 343x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 343x432
>>30317565
I'm excited
>>
>>30317503

What happens when it gets a bit of dirt in it? Are your tolerances able to handle dirt and grit?
>>
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>30317594
>implying a right-wing board isn't an ally to a weapons board
They can be autistic at times, but in a funny kind of way
>>
inb4 op abandons thread
>>
>>30317625
DELET THIS
>>
File: Trippin BAWLZ.jpg (79 KB, 1066x600) Image search: [Google]
Trippin BAWLZ.jpg
79 KB, 1066x600
Ok So Im going to explain this the best I can,

each bullet, at the neck of the cartridge, has the other one in front butted up to it. At this angle, the back portion is wider than the bullet end, and so at an angle, the bullet fit in to a V shaped slit. This way, on the outside, a circular guide similar to the calico magazine, will guide the bullets forward. That center bit spins, and pushes the bullets along the helical curve up to the front.
>>
>>30316550
>>30317316
>I'm making a gun for the race war
>Thousand dollar helical magazine bullshit
Just make a fucking STEN in 5.56 that takes AR15 magazines and be done with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1206x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1206x690
>>30317648
That's breddy gud, anon
>>
>>30317673

>AR15 magazines

STANAG, bro.
>>
>>30317648
Jam city
>>
>>30317648
I don't think it'll work OP.

The meplat will probably wedge itself between the bottom of the ramp and the head of the cartridge in front of it. If the angle puts the bullet against the head directly and not under it, you'll have to worry about the bullet possibly detonating the primer in front of it if the rifle is dropped on its butt.

You then have to ensure that the ramp section isn't going to wedge on the angles of the case it has to work against. After that, the spring has to overcome the combined friction of all those ramping surfaces.

I sound like I'm trying to shoot you down but I'd be happy to be proven wrong, man. At least 3D printing test parts would be cheap, I say try it out and report back.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 641x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 641x262
>>30317673
That's not ambidextrous anon

I know what is though...
>>
>>30317693
See no thats why the circular ramp that pushes it up allows for dead space wiggle room for each bullet. Each bullet has a millimeter of so leeway forwards and backwards. BTW im going to ad some more stuff this is by far incomplete. Thus far I only have two parts modelled in the photo, and only one is "complete". I got a lot of work to do but REMEMBER THIS THREAD CUZ WHEN I MAKE MY WORKING PROTOTYPE, IMMA KICKSTART THIS SHIT, AND I EXPECT K TO BE THERE FOR ME.

CYKA BLYAT AND IN COSMOLINE WE TRUST.
>>
>>30317693
I don't think the rifle dropping thing would be a problem, I've seen a video of a guy dropping a bullet through a tube onto a nail, it dented the primer but didn't fire
>>
>>30317564
...Ok i'm gonna do this in english because what the fuck.

I don't really care about this gun design stuff you just posted, I mean, good for you & all, interresting, whatever.

What I don't really understand is your extreme /pol/ackry from the beginning, which, while not being universally despised here, is certainly not seriously condoned. "Racewar" and that stuff, namely.

Then you're posting information about yourself... Precise as fuck. Which could easily help any kind of agency to find you. The way you speak french (very nicely btw, congrats) also yells "Québec".

Do you believe it's a good idea to basically brand yourself as a gun-crazy-racist-person that wants to design his own rifle after the recent events (mass shooting in the US and that lady shot in the UK) ?

I'm starting to believe this is some kind of bait.

Also :
>>30317648
It would take quite a lot of lubricant for this to not jam.
>>
File: 1459225161698.jpg (54 KB, 462x720) Image search: [Google]
1459225161698.jpg
54 KB, 462x720
>>30317555
>>
>>30317714
>>30317693
The bullets arent hitting the primers you morons. Its angled so that the primer is resting on the extractor lip, that is balanced on the neck of the bullet behind it.
>>
>>30317720
It's good old fashioned pol shitposting, nobody takes it seriously, they are always joking about a "race war"
>>
>>30317720
Frenchie here ruined it as usual.
>>
>>30317703
>5.56 DinnerPlate
Oh boi.
>>
>>30317680
>>30317703
>>30317747
Its not a dinner plate rifle I assure u
>>
>>30317794
I know, but that would be cool as hell
>>
seriously though i want weapons schematics. Gimme what you got on AR dimensions!
>>
>>30317720
My only posts are the following:
>>30317693
>>30317564
>>30317463
>>30317420
>>30317409

I have no intention, reason or desire to incite racial violence or otherwise. I do not have any reason, desire, or intentions to perform or incite any illegal actions. My firearm designs (I'm not OP, just another aspiring gun maker) are meant wholeheartedly for use in justifiable self-defense or sport (and in support of the Second Amendment's true purpose). You're also wrong about the rest, and would be aiming your "agencies" in some funny directions.

>>30317710
That clarifies things, thank you. I'm still worried about ramping surfaces wedging as angles magnify force surprisingly quickly.

>>30317714
>>30317726
OP's picture at the time wasn't exactly perfectly clear on the orientation of the rounds. I spoke assuming two possibilities in caution.
>>
>>30317853
About the Great Race War

When Trump comes to power (and he most likely will), theres going to be some SERIOUS SHIT going down. I am designing this rifle specifically for me and home defense, but if it comes down to it, physical removal may be needed. id rather not, but its looking that way.

About the ramping wedged surfaces, yeah I know that is a possibility, but thats why I have allowed for some tolerance slack.

I am designing this rifle as a kit like the Troy MCS where you can buy a body and just change over your existing AR15 platform gun. I hope to one day make it for different cartridges, and those ones may work better, but 5.56 Nato is the most prolific round in the U.S. Maybe 7.62x39 or whatever for the AK will be next. I wanna do .45 acp next though.
>>
>>30317853
holy shit anon I'm really sorry. I assumed you were OP.
>>
>>30317882
autism
>>
>>30316550
helicals are overly complicated and prone to breakage.
if you want a real shtf/tough rifle, use a simple normal stanag AR mag or a the 20rnd version of it.
have you brainstormed an action/recoil system yet?
>>
File: 223.png (117 KB, 755x643) Image search: [Google]
223.png
117 KB, 755x643
>>30316550
Good luck OP
be careful posting too many details of your design, you may accidentally violate ITAR

I also am working on a new gun i expect to send a patent application off before 2017

I can only tell you the name of this gun

it is called: prosciutto

good luck, i have been working on the concept for over a year and working on the specific gun since december

dont give up it can be frustrating changing your design over and over again, or not having anyone in your life who can "speak gun" so to say when i want to bounce ideas off of my friends and family they are able to get it only so much, never mind the finer details of the design.

my advice is to focus on two parts:
one is the system concept or "operating system"
the other is the specific gun which utilizes the concept.

like the stoner gas system (ar-10, m16, ar-15, ect)
versus just the ar-15 in .223 with a 18 inch barrel and mid length gas system

Anyway, its nice to see another gun designer on here.
Not to be too critical of your idea, but I own two calicos, pistol and rifle.
both will jam without exacting care in ammo selection and magazine cleaning.
honestly I still love the calico system and the idea of a helectical mag, but you are up for a challenge to make one that is reliable.

apparently best korea has a 7.62x39 helectical mags and there is also the bizon to mention a few.

nice thread OP, I admire and envy your openness to sharing your design.
I cant, I already promised half ownership to someone else and honestly I dont feel that I own my design (for all I care ******** owns the whole design) so I dont have the right to disclose it at this time.

to be honest at this point the design torments me, I just need to finish putting it on paper.
It has been finished in my head for months and the slow process is maddening.

(1/2) lol wall of text
>>
>>30317901
Dude, I want a fully automatic bullpup built for a round that is readily available, and can fire tons of rounds before reloadiing. Since I am making this for personal use, I don't have to do any legal BS stuff to make it, or so I think. At any rate I don't want shit starting up in my hometown, although it is MOSTLY quiet. The mexicans do get rowdy when shit goes down though.
>>
File: armag3.png (82 KB, 716x752) Image search: [Google]
armag3.png
82 KB, 716x752
>>30317916

(2/2)

Just sharing my experience with you all, i have no regrets and there is nothing else i would do even if i could. I am living my dream and doing exactily what I alwayse wanted.

Its kind of a living hell, but i wouldnt have it any other way

once again, good luck OP
i feel your strugle and ill fight along side you in the great race war

tldr: designing guns s cool but challenging

make a concept first, think about how your concept is in relation to what is already out there and what advantage your new gun offers

once you got a concept then fit it to a specific caliber and configuration

good luck living the dream dude
>>
>>30317882
I have no comment on any current issues as I am a reclusive hermit and have distanced myself from as much of humanity as possible. Some people look at me with suspicion, but my self-removal is not for nefarious purposes, it is more to protect myself from them on an emotional level. Isolation also provides physical safety, but the goings-on of the general population are like watching a distant and bustling forest during a storm from a remote shelter.

I literally have zero of any possible motivation to hurting anyone or anything. It always throws me for a loop when I get a comment of "you have X? You wanna do bad things?" but I guess it's a different world for other people.

To be honest, I think a home defense rifle kit for the AR-15 would simply be the AR-15. It works well, lots of large magazine options are proven to function well. If the point is lower cost and more simplicity, something like a revamped AR-180 might be the ticket.

>>30317896
It's all good man.
>>
>>30317387
Fucking grip safety? Are you kidding me?
>>
>>30317916
Well as far as that there's a problem already with youre gun. May want to change some things.

From what I can tell, NATO 5.56 can fire .223 remington, but a .223 remington cant fire Nato 5.56. im designing my gun around the 5.56 NATO.

I havent even realised 1/20th of what I am going to do with this gun. Do you have any NON your gun schematics? Like reference material you went off of?

Also program. im using inventor. Are you using solidworks?
>>
OP, big request here;
quick change barrels.
if this thing is a high cap, common round, full retard rifle, barrels WILL get hot, and I want to change them out quick, like under 3 minutes quick.
plus if i have a barrel with a can on it ready to go i can go sneeky breeki
>>
File: 150 round clmag.gif (31 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
150 round clmag.gif
31 KB, 350x350
>>30317920
so you want an aug with this
>>
File: 1466112656169.gif (114 KB, 375x443) Image search: [Google]
1466112656169.gif
114 KB, 375x443
>>30317916
I gotchu senpai. <3
>>
>>30317352
FUCKING MORE.

I'm a mechanical engineer with access to tons of equipment including a DMLS 3D printer.

If someone can provide dimensions or even better link 3D CAD files, I'll print some 80% lowers and other components at work and post results.
>>
>>30317950
Already wanted to do that. However designing that would mean Id have to instead use the AUG barrel rather than the AR barrel. Anyone got AUG barrel specs? But yes I do want a quick change barrel, if anything at least for the kewl factor.
>>
>>30317935
>I am living my dream and doing exactily what I alwayse wanted.
>Its kind of a living hell
Clarify the "living hell" please
>>
>>30317958
Seriously?
If you can't find them on your own you've already shown you're probably not smart enough to use them safely.
>>
>>30317953
no u silly billy.
>>
File: 223remx330.gif (25 KB, 330x394) Image search: [Google]
223remx330.gif
25 KB, 330x394
>>30317945
i was using inventor

but now i just use pen and paper
im looking at page 23 of the design right now

currently im making two variations
one is in 9mm and uses glock mags
the other is .308 and uses my own mags that i invented

the pics are from the concept phase when I figured the best client is the us military so id better make it use ar mage

as for reference material, ill try and dig up some stuff that i can live with posting
>>
>>30317958
sidetrack for a minute;
how much of a bitch is it to be an ME?
I'm from a family of engineers. dad's an EE, mom did nasa shit, uncle does his own house designing and stuff, you get the idea.
so I want to be an ME, but everything i've heard is "don't fucking do it"
and I obviously don't wanna just burn money and time but it seems like something I could really get into.
>>30317972
to be fair those machines operate in thousandths and tens of thousandths of an inch so most spec sheets don't really work
>>
Speaking of manufacturing your own rifle... what ever happened to those guys trying to recreate the Vintorez?
>>
>>30317975
Yeah. I've been going off of the millimeter dimensions that I found on google. From cross reference it seems to work better. As much as the metric system was designed by the devil, it is reluctantly kinda handy >.>
>>
>>30317978

remember your job would probably way gayer than you imagine
>>
>>30317967
Imagine you have no job, no school, and an accepting family that would let you live with them till the day you die
you dont have any money, but who needs that. you got food, shelter, and actually have several high end to low end guns for inspiration
you know you want to make this gun
you can visualize the entire system in your head
but you sit at your desk and stare at the blank paper and hold a pen in your hand...
and you cant draw anything
hours
days
months
years
you get maybe 1 or 2 good hours of designing done every day
you know you can do more but you just dont
you shit post on 4chan
you fap
you get high
you fall asleep and wake up again and nothing has changed... barely
you can do one page every two days at best
that is my living hell
it is ecstasy.... too much of a good thing will poison your soul...... be careful anons
dont be me, be better than me

I always hold myself to a higher standard
>>
>>30317625
this is a man isn't it?
>>
>>30318014
no its best waifru alyssa doll. Google she so hot <3
>>
>>30318011
Bilingual gun hermit guy here

Kinda close to my life. However I don't do drugs (no money for that, and I need all of the limited brain power I have in working order) and most of my despair stems from different sources. Mostly social interaction that I can't avoid and existential dread.
>>
File: 180.jpg (37 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
37 KB, 400x380
>>30317703
take modernized American 180 chamber it in .17wsm put a 275 round drum on it done
>>
>>30317972
Fuck off, if you think asking other people to share their knowledge with you isn't smart then you're not very smart yourself.

>>30317978
Being an ME is great if you want to do ME stuff. Ask yourself why you want to do ME, because that will decide a lot. I studied it because it was the most well-rounded engineering degree my school offered and I wanted to satisfy my diverse curiosities. Other engineers I know studied it because they liked working on cars and guns and ME would help them with that. If you're just looking for a high paying job, look elsewhere, because there are easier ways to make money, and better paying options. That said, it's fucking awesome. Look up the ME curriculum for some different schools and see if the coursework seems interesting to you. Look up some ME job descriptions. Don't be worried about it being a bitch, school is tough but doable and once you're in the workforce its actually a breeze compared to your schoolwork.
>>
File: FOLLOWER-.png (60 KB, 909x654) Image search: [Google]
FOLLOWER-.png
60 KB, 909x654
>>30318030
Thanks, its good to know im not alone in this world

>>30317963
hey im staring at a micrometer and a steyr aug right now
do you really want me to post this for you?
>>
File: aug mag grip distance.jpg (200 KB, 1635x971) Image search: [Google]
aug mag grip distance.jpg
200 KB, 1635x971
>>30318083
>hey im staring at a micrometer and a steyr aug right now

Could you be kind enough to post the following dimensions for your AUG? Specifically I want to see what the angle of the grip and distance from the grip to the magazine are.
>>
>>30318083
Yes be that fellow. Length width barrel thickness at all contact points plus the quick change dimensions <3
>>
File: 1465927179064.jpg (34 KB, 479x436) Image search: [Google]
1465927179064.jpg
34 KB, 479x436
what ever happened to /k/s own /k/hyber-pass rifle?
IIRC it was a straight blowback design in .308 based on a real barrel and chamber+fal?G3?M14?Mags and lots of parts from the local hardware store
>>
>>30316550
if you want to do something that would be useful for fueling an underground-state (a key element for insurgent movements), find an idiot proof method for constructing barrels on a cottage industry budget that don't need to be 2 feet thick to handle center fire pressures.

if you can do this you've solved the hard part of home gunsmithing; you can basically cast aluminium uppers and lowers and cut AR fire control mechanisms from sheet steel.

you want bullpup? fuck that shit. you want short weapon? rip off a bufferless AR design, slap a 10" barrel on it, and have niggas carry that shit under a coat.

>helical mags

you damn Nazis always focusing on your wunderwaffene. this isn't how you win some goddamn insurgent race war thing.

get this: we beat the Japs with what amounts to knurled plumbing pipes with .45 shoved in them. now THATs a wunder.
>>
>>30318162
Just like every teenage fantasy spouted on /k/, it fell through.
>>
>>30317406
>body kit

fosscad has designs for a buffer less AR bullpup.

you can't really pup a standard AR too well, so if you want parts compatibility with the existing platform, pup is not the way to go.
>>
>>30318185
=(
i really enjoyed it especially since people like warfairy were posting in its thread

so is warfairy the only faggot that ever designed anything on /k/ that worked and was used by others? Did any project ever come to fruition?
Is the VSS still vaporware?
>>
>>30318204
>so is warfairy the only faggot that ever designed anything on /k/ that worked and was used by others?
Seems that way.

I mean, I hear the rhodie camoflauge is being made.

But other than that, I haven't seen anything.
>>
>>30317920
>automatic
>legal for my own use
I seriously doubt you actually have the ability to build anything better than a slam fire.
>>
>>30318236
nugget enterprises is selling it as raw fabric.

assuming you knew the cut of a rhodie uniform, you could buy that and get to sewing
>>
>>30318258
Screencapping so when I make it you will be put on the "no can haz" list.
>>
>>30317920
>or so I think.

you can't make FA at all if current year > 1986.

you can make legal firearms for yourself, but you cannot make FA, as manufacture of FA is illegal for civilians.
>>
>>30318115
>>30318125
due to the fact that the information i am about to post is not on its own enough to manufacture a firearm, I have, after reviewing ITAR, determined that it is OK to post these limited dimensional measurements of my steyr aug.
it uses stanags by the way
but your dimensions are on the way just a sec
>>
>>30318268
They're also sending it to a manufacturer to have it sewn into the original rhodie shaped camo stuff
>>
>muh race war
>>>/pol/ and stay there for fuck sake
>>
File: augdim.jpg (208 KB, 1635x971) Image search: [Google]
augdim.jpg
208 KB, 1635x971
>>30318115
>>
File: hoos.jpg (14 KB, 433x425) Image search: [Google]
hoos.jpg
14 KB, 433x425
>>30318284
<3
>>
>>30318204
I have posted things on FOSSCAD that work, would rather stay Anon though.
>>
File: bnail1.jpg (38 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
bnail1.jpg
38 KB, 700x525
>>30318125
hope ur still lurkin cuz im almost done w the barrel
>>
>>30317920
Autism
>>
>>30317648
So when I, [idiot fudd] drop your mag onto the back end, I'll have 90 rounds of 5.56 popping in my face?

Your design requires plastic rounded bullet tips, 5.56 makes a good firing pin for 5.56
>>
File: aug barrel.png (74 KB, 1667x841) Image search: [Google]
aug barrel.png
74 KB, 1667x841
>>30318125
here you go

my guns have quick change barrels too, but they are of my own design
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1553x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1553x874
>>30316550
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 580x735
>>
>>30316746
First poast, best poast.
>>
File: desk.jpg (2 MB, 3316x2420) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
2 MB, 3316x2420
>>30318550
lol i used to have one of those
>>
>>30317978
Shitload of math and you have to deal with cheating Indians all day for the rest of your professional life. If you're very unlucky you have to deal with cheating yellownigger Chinese for the rest of your professional life too.

If you have a creative bone in your body you'll probably hate every minute of it. When I was a ME student I ended up on a senior design project as a sophomore because I knew CAD and a background in robotics competitions and no one else knew their ass from their hat despite literally graduating months/ were all antisocial n3_ts with terrible team building and communication skills.

If you're smart enough to make 60k a year as an engineer you're smart enough to do essentially anything else; like dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, or the real part of your schools college of business to live a rich fulfilling life.

There's only one intratec/keltec and hundreds of thousands of domestic engineers. That should tell you how common a ME ends up as a self employed businessmen in his field doing something cool like making guns. Most of the firearm business is machine work. If you can use solidworks add-ons to test gas dynamics you can design aesthetic efficient muzzle breaks for 75 a pop and 5 minutes on a lathe: you don't need to know the math of why it works like engineering teaches you, just that it works.
>>
>>30318550
What caliber?
>>
>>30316550
Will it be 3D-printable?
>>
I really dont have much "reference material"
I took a lot of measurements off of a glock 26 gen 4 and went from there
the 9mm is just a blowback gun for simplicity.

have this ar gas block i used tho
cuz the .223 and .308 can use the same gas block in my system since it is a 5 position tool-less variable gas block
in fact im pretty sure the gas block is worth a patent on its own, took me a week or two to get through that part.
how frustrating it was that as soon as i finished my gas block i realized that i should start with 9mm for ease of prototype fabrication and testing
not really
i know im gonna make the ar mag variation eventually
its just not gonna be on the first patent
>>
>>30318645
6mm
>>
File: 15694116_1_l.jpg (45 KB, 650x549) Image search: [Google]
15694116_1_l.jpg
45 KB, 650x549
>>30318670
caseless
>>
>>30317607
/k/ hates /pol/ (all of /pol/) because of their anti-freedom bullshit in regards to... well, a lot of stuff.
>>
>>30318699
But /pol/ is progun in general.
>>
>>30318176
make a recipe for decent fin-stabilized saboted caseless rounds, remove the need for a rifled barrel
should not be too hard. I'm thinking ordinary pistol powder in a celluloid matrix, lacquered with cyanoacrylate
>>
>>30317673
>open bolt
>5.56x45
Nyet
>>
>>30318703
Yeah, when those guns are in the hands of the 'right' people.
>>
>>30318162
>straight blowback design in .308
What about that sounds like it a good idea?
>>
>>30318550
I've always thought that those would make a fun 9mm pistol.
>>
File: 1454017770326.jpg (378 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1454017770326.jpg
378 KB, 1024x768
any plans to make a +10 round mag for VEPRbros OP?
>>
File: rifle.jpg (365 KB, 974x553) Image search: [Google]
rifle.jpg
365 KB, 974x553
>>30318717
rifling isn't the hard part. hell, you can cut rifling with 18th century designed tools if you have a yard and some timber.

no, the hard part is getting a proper grade of steel and heat treating it so that it's strong enough to contain center fire tier pressures without being 10+ inches thick (where you'd be using laminated schedule 40 black pipe).

chamber pressure and steel strength is your issue; any lumberjack moron can build a rifling machine if he has a garage big enough and some timber...

also, protip: you don't have the resources to make savored careless ammo.
>>
>>30318828
rifling a barrel (as in actually cutting the grooves) is actually easy
the hard part is de-stressing it properly afterwards
> a proper grade of steel and heat treating it so that it's strong enough to contain center fire tier pressures without being 10+ inches thick
10+ inches, lol. the Luty does fine with eigth-inch
I'm all for caseless especially because it allows lower chamber pressure for the same exit velocity
> you don't have the resources to make saboted caseless ammo
if you don't like flechettes, you can just use normal boolits in a caseless round
>>
File: mm.png (629 KB, 799x467) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
629 KB, 799x467
other than the dimensions for picatinny rails this is it for reference material that I've used

maybe got some inspiration field stripping my mas 49/56
the ar lower specs i have has already been posted
I could try and list all the guns that have inspired me but thats not gonna happen.
anyway good thread op
im going out for the weekend, hope you save the aug barrel cuz im gonna be trying to avoid the internet as much as possible till im done with this patent
Great thread, hope i didn't just accidentally V& myself but only time will tell
thanks /k/ for always being there
ill be back soon
hail the cosmic murder /k/ube
source of all weapons, past, present, and future
>>
>>30316550
>Helical Magazine
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>30318319
>designing anything
>using inches

what's wrong with you anon?
>>
>>30320646
Bilingual gun hermit autist here, inches are better most of the time. Especially when working with parts or plans already in inches. Tooling and machines used to make parts are more often in inches.

Métrique is a dirty commie unit.
>>
>>30320702
Yeah thats only true amongst dumbasses.
>>
>>30320702
To each their own, I suppose. I switched over to metric units for everything a few years ago for work and I like them better. They may be filthy french commie units, but they make sense to me.

My neighbor is a retired shop teacher, and he lets me use his machine tools. We give each other a good ribbing about how neither of us understand each others' measurements.
>>
>>30320774
>>30320744
I was taught metrique first, and slowly switched over. Fractions are very useful, and even in countries supposedly fouled by metrique the machines and tooling are often Imperial.

Most of the aircraft parts I made were done on Imperial machines with Imperial tooling with Imperial plans, even if the final inspection report was done in metrique.
>>
>>30316550
OP, you should start with a simple, existing, proven design and modify it if needed. Forget all the space magic BS for the moment.

Get your design made and tested first. You'll learn more and get better results by making/designing multiple iterations to improve the design rather than trying to make the perfect design right out of the gate.

Personally I would like to see somebody improve the STANAG magazine design. The magazine is the heart of an autoloading rifle, and somebody should tackle the feed lip deformation issue. I've never heard of any problems with AKM magazines, so there is possibly something to be learned from them.
>>
>>30320922
>STANAG magazine
STANAG only covers magwells. Magazines that fit STANAG can pretty much be anything that functions.
>>
>>30321440
Ah, I see. Thanks anon.
>>
>>30320922
Steel reinforcements and shit. There's a weight penalty to pay for them, of course.

>>30321440
Stop being such a sperg, everyone universally understands that "STANAG magazine" refers to magazines designed for STANAG magwells.
>>
Make it in 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. 5.56 isn't big enough to easily put down a nigger hyped up on crack.
>>
>>30317352
Why rezero on the other hole?
>>
>>30316550

OP, if you're just learning a solid modeling program, and are starting with the mag as the datum for your models, you are probably not in for a successful project...

Put the catridge at your main coordinate system and build the receiver around it, then work outward.
>>
>>30318032
Prisoner "suppression"

;D
>>
>>30318722
that's your issue?
not the straight blowback rifle calibre shoulder fired weapon?
>>
>>30317648
Man that looks mean as fuck to machine.
>>
>>30322611
I don't get it either anon.
>>
>>30316550
The rifle must be chambered in 14x88mm for maximum nigger and kebab removal.
>>
>>30317541
Pretty sure fosscad has those specs

Just download the ar/k/ faggot
>>
>>30317973
>silly billy
Wow that brought me back
>>
>>30316550
Have you considered lever delayed blowback?
>>
>>30316550
All I want is for that shit to be lightweight with a good counter balance to prevent too much muzzle jump.
>>
>>30316550
>>30317406

Why not start with a tavor or galil?

Use the weapon of the jew against him
>>
>>30324906
to last year, you horrendous faggot?
>>
Start it over, make sten-like gun
>>
>>30320811
>Fractions are very useful
This just in, you cant have metric fractions
>>
>>30326465
They aren't really used. Ever. I don't even know if expressing a fraction on a metrique technical drawing for a plan is accepted.
>>
>>30317958
I believe most blueprints you'll find on the internet are worthless because the dimensions are specifically written so that they don't make any goddamn sense.
>>
File: blackandwhite.jpg (19 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
blackandwhite.jpg
19 KB, 625x417
.357 Magnum semi-automatic carbine with multiple coaxial gate-loading tube magazines like on an old lever-action rifle but there are more than one (probably six surrounding the barrel in a honeycomb pattern) to provide a total ammo capacity of perhaps 73 rounds with one in the chamber.
>this must be built
>>
>>30317387
>I am going to ad a trigger/grip safety system like on the springfield XD tactical,

Disgusting
>>
>>30317590
make em tighter
no dirts gonna get in that way
>>
>>30329371
That's not how dirt works anon.
>>
>>30329506
thats how the ar 15 works
keep the dirt out by having everything sealed properly (this requires tight tolerances) and you wont have to deal withdirt getting inside

and if you open your tolerances up to far rocks will get in
>>
>>30329506
>experimental and rare AR-15
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.