[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, rate my survival kit. if you can't tell what anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_2408.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2408.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
/k/, rate my survival kit. if you can't tell what anything is, ask.

also, what am i missing
>>
>>30315883
grindstone for knives
>>
A big black dildo for when you get fucked in the ass for not having some flares.
Also small road flares can start fires in emergencies and look hella sick
>>
More batteries.
Also, expand on the contents of the first aid kit.
Also, what is the purpose of the kit? That will let us know if you got what you should have
>>
>>30315948
in the upper right i have a stone, but that's mainly for the hatchet and machete. The small black thing to the right of the stone is a mini carbide & ceramic sharpener. I do need to get a better one for finer edges, though.

>>30315977
yeah, i do need more batteries — as for the first aid kit, there was almost nothing in there (bandaids, some steri-strips, aspirin, etc.). Since the pic was taken i got a 120-piece kit from the pharmacy. still not great, but has more bandages, etc.

this is mostly "tools" vs. a "supplies" kit. What i'm envisioning: everything will fit in a few duffel bags that I can throw in a car and live out in my car / in the wilderness when

>>30315977
i'll go buy some flares then
i already have the dildo
>>
>>30315883
no water
no socks
2 knives and 1 machete? pick one of the 3
hatchet and mini-crowbar? pick one
no gun
no ammunition
>>
>>30316063
i have some wool socks on top of the hat on the left (kind of hard to see)

i could definitely get rid of the bayonet...
>>
>>30315883
an sks
>>
>>30316063
>2 knives and 1 machete? pick one of the 3
>hatchet and mini-crowbar? pick one
Dumbest statement here. A machete is a great addition as well as a prybar for SHTF, plus a folding knife or fixed blade on your person.
>>
>>30316090
I saw the socks right after I posted, sorry. Functionally a lot of your tools accomplish the same task: both crowbar and hatchet can open crates, doors, cars, etc. Any weight you can save in essentials means a lighter pack or more morale items like food, change of clothes, wet wipes, whatever you want.
>>
What's the green thing next to the lantern
>>
File: eager sb.png (69 KB, 194x211) Image search: [Google]
eager sb.png
69 KB, 194x211
>>30316095
all i own is a demilled mosin nagant
it would be good for threatening people
>>
>>30316137
>both crowbar and hatchet can open crates, doors, cars, etc.
No they wont. A crowbar has fulcrum, a hatchet does not.
>lrn2forceableentry
>>
>>30316145
entrenching tool in its case
>>
>>30316158
You're not forcing your way into shit with the 12" crowbar that you couldn't force your way into with the hatchet. Try to chop logs with the crowbar
>>
>>30315883
Sleeping bag?
A backpack to hold all this, perhaps?
>>
>>30316181
>>30316158
>>30316099
part of the problem is i that i can't decide if i want a wilderness or urban survival kit — the hatchet better for the first, the crowbar better for the second...
>>
>>30316194
only you can decide what best suits your situation, but less weight is always better
>>
>>30316191
i have a cheap sleeping bag — didn't include it in the pic... and I have a bunch of canvas duffel bags i keep it all in (also not in pic)...
>>
File: DSCF0593.jpg (659 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0593.jpg
659 KB, 1600x1200
My survival bag. It measures 6 1/2" tall, 5" wide. I wear it on my belt
>>
File: amazed.png (14 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
amazed.png
14 KB, 497x501
>>30316255
what's inside
>>
>>30315883
>two fixed blade knives
>a folding knive
>machette
>crowbar
>hatchet

You're a certifiable fool if you carry all that.
>>
No canteen? No food? No water?
>>
>>30316194
This is what I did

I have an 'urban' kit, that is set up for if i had to live in the woods behind a McDonalds or something, something that would be suitable if I had to bug out, but if the rest of the world was still running normally. I dont like to call it a criminal bag, but if i was on the run or homeless it would be what I need, including clothes that I could wear in society, like if i needed to blend in.

Then I have my quick camping bag, set up for if I had to spend time in the wilderness, deep woods stuff. Fishing gear and stuff to build shelter

Then I have my zombie bag, the bag that I would grab if zombies popped up overnight, or if there was a foreign invasion

I set them up like this, but in any real situation I would load up all 3 in a car, but its better to have them all diversified instead of keeping all the same items in the same bags, I diversify them so that each one is useful.
>>
File: DSCF0594.jpg (623 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0594.jpg
623 KB, 1600x1200
>>30316255
In it is a water purifier, cordage, survival bivy and blanket, and lighter, fero rod, fire starters/alcohol, and a flashlight. You can go up to 3 weeks without food but I live in a place where there is nothing but wild edibles.

tl;dr water, fire, shelter
>>
>>30315883

You can ditch the machete, the bayonet, the flip-out blade, and the KABAR. They're all tryhard bullshit that's dead weight in a survival situation. You already have a spade, a hatchet, and a multitool - that's all you'll need.

Add in garbage bags, a water container (Nalgeen Canteen's are great) and a mousegun (.22lr or .32acp) and you're good
>>
File: DSCF0595.jpg (640 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0595.jpg
640 KB, 1600x1200
>>30316303
and I always carry a gun and a multitool, gun can be used to signal.
>>
>>30315883
You obviously need to add a saber, a longsword, a zweihander, and a poleaxe to your kit.
Jesus man, you're missing easily half of the possible edged weapon sizes.
>>
thanks everyone for comments so far, definitely gonna lose the bayonet, at least...

>>30316296
yeah that's kind of my approach now, everything fits in a few duffel bags

>>30316289
this is more a "tools" vs. "supplies" kit - I have a separate stock of water/food, not sure how I'd transport it .
I should get a good canteen though...

>>30316303
you might want to empty out the hand sanitizer and just fill it with pure rubbing alcohol — the alcohol content in most purell is kind of low. otherwise, great mini-kit

>>30316326
mm garbage bags is a good addition, i was thinking of a small box of gallon ziploc bags, but garbage would be better.
>>
File: laughing guy.png (15 KB, 361x355) Image search: [Google]
laughing guy.png
15 KB, 361x355
>>30316364
>>
File: Les Stroud.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Les Stroud.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
>>30315883

1: You need a gun and ammunition.
2: Machete OR Hatchet depending on environment, not both. If you live in the States or Canada odds are the hatchet is the better pick.
3: Leave the bayonet at home
4: Get a flint and magnesium fire starter as a backup for your lighters.
5: Keep the lantern and headlamp, leave the two flashlights. You don't need that much.
6: No pots or pans or utensils, how are you going to cook?
7: Tent? Sleeping Bag? Space blanket?
8: Fishing line? Fishing pole? Net?

That's a shovel on the right I assume? If not, you need a shovel.

I do like those little chainsaw blade, handsaws. I've got one and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it works.
>>
>>30316424
>you might want to empty out the hand sanitizer and just fill it with pure rubbing alcohol
It's 62% alcohol and is controllable when you use it meaning that you're not going to spill it all over if you fuck up and it lights everytime
>>
>>30315883
You're going to die a horrible death, anon.
>>
>>30315883
A second LifeStraw and a fuckload of iodine tablets. Ibuprofen and Neosporin. Having enough water and fighting infection/sickness are your biggest challenges.

Where will you be bugging out to? Plan on losing your pack. Have a baggie full of the absolute essentials you can stuff in your pocket. A Bic lighter, a fishing hook wrapped with fishing line, a pocket knife, and iodine tablets can get you very far.
>>
>>30316154
what country you from?
>>
>>30316303
That's neat. Did you ditch the water bag that came with the filter and not get something similar though?

I can't really think of a good reason to go without a collapsible dealy to hold water with how light/compact they are.
>>
>>30318736
>That's neat. Did you ditch the water bag that came with the filter and not get something similar though?

I ditched it. My bag is a real survival bag that can get me through the overnight and maybe a few days. A lot of bags I see are "you know that bag is sort of bulky, I'm just going for a short hike so I don't need my bag" Mine is super minimalist.
>>
>>30315883
>machete, shovel, hatchet, shitty knife, shittier knife and a multi tool
> lansky stone and a smiths sharpener
>unopened tarp

I feel you have absolutely no experience in the outdoors and just watched youtube videos

1/10
>>
So a lot if people carry everything in them but what if I'm bugging out with someone? What heavier items would you bring if you didn't have to carry everything alone?
>>
>>30319223
>lansky stone
nothing wrong with lansky. their pretty good for maintaining your edge if you know how to use one. though i prefer stropping rather than a stone when it comes to maintenance.
>>
>>30315883
>No water at all, no water purification and no bottle
>What is food
>Nothing to sleep in, but at this point you will have more important problems.
I give you 2 day to live.
>>
>>30315883
You need a water filter, the kind backpackers use. Not having to carry water saves a ton of energy and you can't always rely on boiling and tablets to get everything like pollutants.
Also, you should have at least a few food provisions, those mega protein bars are good and last a while. Jerky is good too.
I would also throw in wet naps and a bar of soap. Everything I've listed can be traded or used to help out utterly desperate individuals in a time of crisis, and they'll give you all kinds of things for them (you can cut a bar of soap into like 8 pieces that are still usable).
Lasly, I'd add some birthday candles, old boy scout trick for starting a fire even when most of the wood is wet and it's pouring out
>>
>>30315883
Winter survival kits. Extra blankets, gloves, warm clothes, fire starter, etc...
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.