[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the Six Day War have played out if the Arabs were even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 6 day war.jpg (322 KB, 1389x982) Image search: [Google]
6 day war.jpg
322 KB, 1389x982
How would the Six Day War have played out if the Arabs were even slightly competent?

Was the Israeli victory more attributed to the Israelis being supermen or the Arabs being, well, Arabs?
>>
Arabs being arabs and failing to neutralize Israeli air superiority.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_N7PSkwUmA
>>
>>30312604
We would know it as the Seven Day War.
>>
>>30312654
Top kek
>>
You see, in Arab countries, the military is more of a decorative thing than anything else.

If the governments in Egypt and Syria had simply attacked Israel instead of milking the political crisis for political brownie points and getting preemptively attacked, and they had an officer corps composed of actual officers, Israel would be remembered as a brief, strange, historical accident.
>>
I mean, if you replaced the Arabs with the North Koreans or Vietnamese or eastern block countries, would it have made much of a difference?
>>
>>30312848
The Vietnamese were actually good.

Or at least the Northern ones were. The South not so much.

With the Koreans, it's the opposite.
>>
>>30312848
It'd be the same. A buncha brownies far from home told to go attack a handful of other brownies who've literally been annihilated in the rest of the world and are fighting for a 500 acre Jew preserve.
>>
>>30312848
It's the Arabs. Their culture makes it impossible. The exception was Sadat in the Yom Kippur War, I'll post with case studies soon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ciaonet.org/attachments/23981/uploads&ved=0ahUKEwj8t4HRxrDNAhUNGFIKHTblCNAQFggnMAI&usg=AFQjCNG3jlzwzzLdp3IAuViO0-s3OBJZ2w&sig2=EOp1X_j92_ohrIFicngPjQ
>>
File: 1464561674263.jpg (1 MB, 9144x6096) Image search: [Google]
1464561674263.jpg
1 MB, 9144x6096
Arab cultural is incompatible with effective military policies, that's not /pol/ bait either, that's a well researched and established phenomenon determined through decades of failed US led training programs.
>>
The Israeli superman thing is meme tier shit that only exists because of propaganda. Israeli soldiers are in general comparable to their British/US counterparts.
>>
>>30315313
>>30315361
I link to the summation here, but simply search "why Arabs lose wars." It's a documented phenomena.
>>
>>30315382
That's to say pretty good, and exceptional for a conscript force considering the amount of human afterbirth that the Korean, Finnish, and Swiss armies have to deal with.
>>
>>30315382
>in general comparable to their British/US counterparts
That's basically a superman compared to the majority of the world's forces
>>
>>30312719
Well, to give them credit, they *were* planning to attack... it was set to start a few hours after Israel hit them first.

I recommend Michael Oren's heavily-documented book. I wish he'd do one for Yom Kippur.
>>
Its more Arabs being characteristically useless rather than the Israelis being anything special. Thats not to say that Israels SF didn't do some pretty baller shit like stealing soviet radars by helicopter like something out of MGS, but on the whole the IDF/haganah was nothing outstanding compared to their western counterparts, if perhaps a little worse on account of having mostly hand-me-down poorfag gear.
>>
>>30315382
They're Supermen*

*Compared to the average soldiers of their immediate neighbors
>>
>>30315403
It helps that unlike all of those nations there's actually a very real tradition of it's neighbors going apeshit and trying to kill everyone at least twice a decade.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.