[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good movies about operators?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
What are some good movies about operators?
>>
>>30309111
Black hawk down.
>>
File: tmp_8693-The_Call_2-1506628322.jpg (47 KB, 408x605) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8693-The_Call_2-1506628322.jpg
47 KB, 408x605
>>
Saving private ryaN
>>
Gi Joe the Rise of Cobra
>>
>>30309111
Operator (2015)

When the daughter of veteran 911 call center operator Pamela (Mischa Barton), and her estranged husband Jeremy (Luke Goss), a Senior Police Officer, is kidnapped and held hostage, they are ... See full summary ยป
>>
File: 1464999346544.gif (2 MB, 634x819) Image search: [Google]
1464999346544.gif
2 MB, 634x819
>>30309258

god dammit
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 431x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 431x352
Flight of the Intruder with based Dafoe.
>>
>>
File: Fortunes of War.jpg (48 KB, 337x475) Image search: [Google]
Fortunes of War.jpg
48 KB, 337x475
>>30309377
All of the Stephen Coonts books are damn good.

My favorite line from Flight of the Intruder is definitely the one where in flight refueling from an A6 is likened to "Trying to shove a banana up a wilcat's ass."

Too bad Fortunes of War and Cuba were never made into movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 960x1440
>>
This is a very rough intelligence/analyst/operator/tactical warfare/extremely professional and organized criminality/tradecraft type of list.

Saving private ryan
Black Hawk Down
Body Of Lies
The Kingdom
Lone Survivor
Shooter
American sniper
Sicario
Thief
The recruit
Heat
Ronin
The score
Collateral
Jarhead
The bank job
Thomas Crown affair -pierce brosnan remake
Inside man
Tinker tailor Soldier spy -arguably the most realistic tradecraft film made
the lives of others
Spy game
Three days of the condor
JFK
Zero dark thirty
A most wanted man
Jack reacher
Bourne identity, skip the rest
Headhunters
The day of the jackal
Ipcress file
Third man
The spy who came in from the cold
The departed
Syriana
Munich
Tailor of panama
The good shepard
The matador
Burn after reading
The international
Hanna
haywire
>>
>>30309548
forgot charlie wilson's war and green zone and the conversation
>>
>>30309548
Give me your top 3 after sicario, cause I seen that already
>>
>>30309750
As far as pure combat, seeing men communicate over objectives, proper use of firearms, tactical decisions and all, having the director establishing a clear geography of the combat zone
Lone survivor hands down the best of the genre.
Black hawk Down
American sniper
13 hours

As far as pure intelligence goes
Tinker tailor soldier spy

Politics
A most wanted man
Syriana

It's insane how post 9/11 cinema has stepped up to the plate as far as politics of warfare and realistic combat goes. The best films of the genre are 90 percent made after 2009.
This is a new genre that is completely penetrating the traditional action genre.
>>
>>30309893
> syriana

Mahhhh nigga
>>
>>30309893
Newfag here, what does /k/ think about generation kill? I think it was p good desu senpai
>>
>>30311616
it's great.
after watching it i wished i'd manned-up as a kid and joined the military.
>>
>No one mentioned John Wick yet
Best operator, rip pupper
>>
Sicario.
>>
>American Sniper
>Lone Survivor
>13 hours
>Captain Phillips(ending mostly)

A bit of the topic.
Also recently saw a documentary of an aussie/american journalist in Ramadi called "Only the Dead", really well made, and gave a pretty good impression of how Ramadi and other parts were, and why the US struggled with certain tasks. Gave a picture of how important Zarqawi was. Also really interesting ending, worth the watch.
The documentary doesn't really have any political agenda either, so you can actually enjoy it.
>>
>>30309270
topkek
>>
I can't wait for Without Remorse
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.