[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Call to Action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1451846166332.jpg (197 KB, 668x520) Image search: [Google]
1451846166332.jpg
197 KB, 668x520
So, /k/, we all know whats been going on. I've been watching the news and browsing facebook for the past few days absolutely seething at the ignorance, misinformation, and fear mongering taking place concerning AR-15's, gun ownership, and 2A in general. My question for you is how are we going to fight back? It feels like the entire country is being turned away from us at this point. I want to act, but I don't know what I should do. I'm sure there are a lot out there who feel the same way.
>>
Robin Williams made a great George Washington.
>>
>>30308213

Write your representative and tell them you oppose gun control. This is Murrica, your vote is your power in our political system. Make it known that politicians who support gun control will not be reelected.
>>
>>30308223
For those of us who have never done this before, care to share an example of what we should say to them?
>>
>>30308213
I feel the same way, OP. This must be how Berniebots feel.
>>
>>30308265
All Bernie bots I know want the 2nd gone
>>
>>30308213

You think it's bad now? Wait until the libs realize that a scary AR15 that fires 30 rounds per mag is just the same as any other gun.

A Glock 17 with 33 round mag?
>omg even more deadly! 3 more kids dead without reloading than even an AR15!

a Mosin Nagant?
>this can kill people from 600 yards away! #banmosinnagants2019

And so on
>>
>>30308296
tell them about fertilizer first
>>
>>30308238
You can go to the NRA website and look on there for a form letter that they'll send to your reps, just put in your personal info... I'm sure Claire McCuntskil loves seeing all the NRA emails I sent on behalf of everyone in my family.
>>
>>30308296
I know if something isn't done, it will only get worse. Every day we aren't actively fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights, we're losing.
>>30308302
Thanks, looking into it.
>>
>>30308302
This, and join NRA, Gun Owners of America, and The 2nd Amendment Foundation as funds allow. Donate what you comfortably can, and learn the law. An acquaintance of mine posted some agitprop on fb stating that you could buy a firearms in most states without verifying your ID which is bullshit. So I posted the Code of federal regulations (CFR) where it explicitly states otherwise. CFR 922 (t)(C). Coming across as intelligent and being correct is the best we can do for our cause.
>>
>>30308302
For those that are interested.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160615/your-action-is-needed-now
>>
>>30308360
922 (t)(1)(C) my bad
>>
>>30308302
>Implying they don't just filter them

They aren't scared of your vote or lack thereof.
>>
>>30308213

Yesterday, I joined the NRA and I sent out my application for the PA Rifle & Pistol Association this morning.

The dues aren't much, but the money is something tangible.
>>
>>30308360
NRA is bloated these days, I have trouble supporting their bureaucratic asses on principle.
>>
File: 1458561147574.png (398 KB, 448x478) Image search: [Google]
1458561147574.png
398 KB, 448x478
>>30308223
>Mfw I live in CT,and BOTH FAGGOT SENATORS AND ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE PRO-DEMOCIDE ANTI-2ND COCKSUCKERS!
Make a call to their office,and act suprised when the CT state police Gestapo show up on your door,saying your tone when calling to say you hope they remember their oath to the Constitution was threatening.
>>
>>30308360
>browsing pro gun arguments on forums and /k/
>fug we fugged
>>
>>30308403
I feel you there, and I personally think they can't public relations out of a wet paper bag. However they're the most powerful lobbyists for 2a right now, so we're stuck with them for the time being.
>>
>>30308360
Is the NRA and the NRA-ILA a separate membership? Should I join both?
>>
>>30308466
ILA is the lobbying arm of the NRA (the begging for money people). You just join the NRA, and your auomatically going to get the ILA info.
>>
>>30308213
get a knife and bin those libtards
>>
wait for thr day of the rope

until then , get fit, get armed, get ammo, get gear.

once it passes, we start. get your local politicians first. ambush style, but finish the job, we dont need more giffords
>>
>>30308213
Make sure to educate and enlighten when possible. A lot of antis have been lied to by hollywood and the media. I have turned some friends of mine who were anti into allies by educating them on the subject. Use cold irrefutable facts, not appeals to emotion.
>>
Here's a good one: make it a goal to invite and bring one anti/newbie/non-gun owning/never been shooting/etc person to the range with you within the next two months. It should be very doable for you, and this level of personal impact cant be underestimated. When people actually get their hands on guns, and learn how they work, a lot of that irrational fear of them can sometimes go away. Take you time to explain concealed carry, etc, but most of all, just let them have fun

>>30311036
>>30311036
>>
>>30308238
speak your mind in a well written letter and email and phone call
>>
>>30308466
>>30308495

Do you shop on amazon? if you shop via smile.amazon you can choose NRA-ILA as a group to receive a portion of all of your purchases. It's a nice and easy way to contribute and support the cause without doing much extra.
>>
>>30308403
>>30308433
Yep. It takes bloated lobbyists to lube the wheels of big government with bribes. Idk if you anons have ever seen tobacco products outside of the US, but the warning labels are either gross pictures of literal cancer or "Smoking kills." In a morbid font. We have a strong tobacco lobby in the US though so ours say shit like "this product may cause ___"
It all comes down to big government wanting control of its citizens and there are always going to be those sheeple that go along with it, but if you can get a loud/rich enough group to fight for freedom then that's what it takes.

Post as many fact based statistics and all that on social media that supports gun rights without being aggressive, we have to get people to "think for themselves and question authority" and show them rationally and calmly that the liberal media is skewing data in their favor because they want an Orwellian police state, and that mental health reform and proper firearm familiarization/education is the appropriate step instead of keeping the masses ignorant and fearful.

Funny memes and all that that make fun of libtards are so common they've lost their weight. Again, raw facts and figures about how gun control has failed current countries and past countries will sway more people than a cute and funny approach. We have to research and become educated in order to educate others that have been brainwashed.

>Tl;dr - read ^this^ shit because it's our future, and we start making it today.

>Also I'm fuckin high on stims right now for school and take this shit seriously so typed a fuckton. But it really takes us working together to overcome big brother (which is what Trump wants too- so don't count on this ending if he gets elected)
>>
Can someone post that picture of the gun control argument with the aghan mujahideen fighter scratching his beard and saying 'oh, that's a good one'? Need it for arguing with normies on facebook who think we can't fight the military
>>
>was going to buy a C308 this morning for $588 from buds
>priced jumped to $699 overnight
>went to buy AMD65 from classic firearms
>my bank won't let the transaction go through for some reason
>decide to just buy an Uzi instead
>Uzi rifles are now sold out

Wtf is going on god damn it!

All anti gunners need to fucking hang!
>>
>>30311303
Nice pali get
>>
File: redfor.png (203 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
redfor.png
203 KB, 1802x905
>>30311317
Here, have this instead.
>>
File: guns-owned630.jpg (494 KB, 630x675) Image search: [Google]
guns-owned630.jpg
494 KB, 630x675
>>30311317
Would this work?
>>
Listen, when you're engaging with anti-gun people, the absolute 100% MOST IMPORTANT RULE is to conduct yourself with openness, kindness and good faith, even if you know for a FACT that the person arguing with you isn't doing so in good faith.

The stereotype of gun owners is that we're insecure, irrational, needlessly macho, etc. This is a moment where, if you allow the left to be its super-emotional, flailing self, and present a GENUINE KIND, rational, alternative, we can win hearts and minds.

It is assumed, right or wrong, that they have the moral high ground, so we cannot act as if it belongs to us. Be friendly, be patient, understand people's concerns, but gently correct misinformation. And don't be a condescending fucking dick about it.

If you can convince any anti- friends or acquaintances to come to the range with you, DO IT. Don't be pushy. Emphasize that you will teach them how everything works before you even get to the range. Emphasize that you understand their possible anxiety. But a calm, fun range trip is powerful medicine.

Pro-gun people aren't great at winning the PR war because we're up against such powerful emotional appeals. We *have* to play it smart right now.
>>
>>30308213
nah, i tried to in form my dad this weekend for fathers day about guns and he just went on a screaming rampage about donald trump and how about i don't listen to samantha bee and how clinton will take the gun away

he's so staunchly liberal that he views anything right wing as racist and uneducated (he has a professional degree and i have a bachelor's)

people don't like being told they're wrong on stuff they belive is the truth even if it's third hand knowledge

(my grandfather was a gunsmith, but passed away and my dad hates guns because he was fed liberal bias all his life) he is pro brady pro-solar and drives a prius

i grew up in a wealthy liberal part of california so a lot of old money left wing pro-clinton anti-bernie anti-trump elitist shit going around

i ran away from it all and moved to san bernadino for a little while
>>
>>30313473
This is good, just don't let them push you back. Stay true to what you brleive
>>
I'm here on a student visa and am looking into residency and eventual citizenship. Is there anything else I can do? I've wanted to get a movement on my campus to allow knife and gun carry but the fact that I can't vote really pushes back the idea

I've been living here for nearly 2 decades yet have no voice
>>
>>30311219
>>30308495
NRA shills plz go
You've already made clear you're just as willing to take a shit on the Constitution as the rest of the snakes in DC.
>>
>>30313575
>I've been living here for nearly 2 decades yet have no voice
Just because you don't vote doesn't mean you have no voice. Get on the forums and talk about guns, the constitution, and civil liberties. Tell everyone you meet about the importance of the 2A. Hell look at all the illegal immigrants making trouble at the Trump rallies...they sure as hell aren't voting, yet they are incredibly influential.
>>
>>30308302
MOfag?
>>
>>30308301
They already nerfed that. You can't buy as high of nitrogen content anymore without putting yourself on a list and you can't buy a quantity of lower grade stuff without doing the same. /k/ needs a farm.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.