[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, anon here. I'm new to /k/, but not to 4chan. Anyways,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-17-04-17-00.png (315 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-17-04-17-00.png
315 KB, 1080x1920
Hey /k/, anon here.

I'm new to /k/, but not to 4chan.
Anyways, Floridafag here.

My question is, are guns registered to United States Citizens, that are Florida residents?

This is probably just misinformation from people, but I thought that guns bought from dealers are registered to that person.

For example, my sister's boyfriend's truck was broken into, and he reported his handgun stolen to the police, because he said it was 'registered' to him.

My confusion then stems from 'Florida Law Wiki', where it says that lists of (Florida) citizens with guns, or lists of guns that (Florida) citizens own, are illegal.

So what's the verdict?

Is the Remington .22 I bought from Bass Pro (in Florida) on a list somewhere, registered to me?
>>
>>30307054
There's no registration, but the FFL he bought it from keeps the records of the purchase for a few years to help back track in case of circumstances like that. If he bought it privately he'd just need the serial number when he reports it to prove he owned it.

Long story short, there's no "registration" but if he can prove he owned it there's no problem getting it returned to him in the event of a crime.
>>
>>30307095
Okay, so I'm new to this whole gun owning business.

So for a purely hypothetical situation, if I wanted to own a collection of guns without raising any suspicion/red flags, the best way would be to buy guns from a private party at a gun show?

For any federal agents reading this, I would never want to own a stockpile of guns and/or ammo, because that is a waste of money and this is totally a hypothetical scenario.
>>
>>30307140
no because there's nothing illegal about buying a large amount of firearms and ammo and the only person it would raise suspicion with in the first place would be the FFL handling the transaction. and the whole gunshow meme is stupid, it's the same deal as buying a gun from someone on gunbroker or armslist if you meet up with them to buy it in person.
>>
>>30307140
Private sales. Also, Ammunition is not tracked.
>>
>>30307140

Unnecessary at the moment. The only real records are at the FFL itself, filed away in a box somewhere. The ATF would have to look at every FFL you could have gone to to find the paperwork.

Just go buy what you want.

If you're truly paranoid then yeah, personal sales are probably better, but it's not much of a difference yet.
>>
>>30307161
>and the only person it would raise suspicion with in the first place would be the FFL handling the transaction.
That's the thing. The less places my name would be on transaction records, the better.
And I didn't mean only gunshows, but you got my point.

>>30307166
Big brother is always watching.
>>
>>30307206
Fuck off fed.
>>
>>30307054

We were all new once, and gun laws aren't anywhere near standardized. I live in PA, but FL laws are very similar.

No registration to buy firearms from an FFL and should only need to show ID at most to buy ammo from a big box store. Private Sales, you just barter for it like anything else.

> Is the Remington .22 I bought from Bass Pro (in Florida) on a list somewhere, registered to me?

There's a piece of paper you signed showing you purchased and were legally allowed to purchase said gun, the 4473. Otherwise DATS IT. I think even those disappear after about 10 years.

>>30307140
You go and buy whatever floats your boat and your finances can handle. Gun shows tend to be overpriced, find whatever your cheapest store is in-state and go there. Online is also an option, but expect a $30-50 transfer fee.

I think the FBI has more to worry about than if a random american guy wants to buy himself an arsenal to shoot now and then. Be warned, once you have one gun they tend to start breeding....
>>
>>30307202
>The only real records are at the FFL itself, filed away in a box somewhere.

>>30307241
>There's a piece of paper

I think I just recently heard about that. Since it was brought up again from this Orlando shooting. But did the NRA really cuck that agency into having to use paper and shoeboxes for storage, rather than, I don't know, even a Windows XP Office Suite? Jesus Christ.

But what's the point of this gunbroker website, if I have to be an FFL to buy any gun on there anyway? At least, every gun I've seen so far since browsing.
>>
>>30307262
You don't have to be an FFL, the firearm just has to be shipped to an FFL. Long story short the process goes: find an FFL near you, have them send info to seller, seller mails firearm to FFL, you travel to FFL, fill out paperwork and complete background check, pay transfer fee and go home with your item.

Reading this thread though, it seems like you're an anti-gunner trying to find alleged "loopholes" in the process. Could just be me being overly paranoid and sleep deprived, but /k/ has had a massive influx of "unique" posters this past week.
>>
>>30307140
Your language is raising more red flags than buying a gun would.
>>
>>30307140
You seriously need to calm the fuck down if you are planning on doing completely legal things, just ask what you want to ask and stop sounding like a cartoon super villain
>>
>>30307262
The reason they can't do it online is because that would de facto meet the standards of a registry, which is something basically all gun owners in the US want to avoid because historically, it leads to confiscation
>>
>>30307206
>Big brother is always watching.

lmfao get the fuck outta here
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.