[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good beginner rifles in calibers other than .22?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1464235620370.jpg (108 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
1464235620370.jpg
108 KB, 640x635
What are good beginner rifles in calibers other than .22?
>>
>>30301243
SKS, Mini 14?
>>
>>30301279
What's a good price for an SKS? $300-$400?
Ammo relatively cheap?
>>
>>30301292
Somewhere around there.

Steel case 7.62x39 goes for around 22 cpr.
>>
>>30301243
.22 Eargesplittenloudenboomer
>>
>>30301942
i'll never own an AR pistol in .22 ESLB

For a range toy to annoy libs and fudds, there would be no match I think.
>>
>>30301243
22 WMR or 5.7

Negligible recoil of the 22, so you won't develop a flinch.

But also fine for personal protection if you need it right now.
>>
>>30301243
I was dying laughing before I even read what the thread was about
>>
>>30301243
Use a 22.

Just neck down a 300win mag case to suit.
>>
>>30306550
>.22lr
>The Joker Venom of bullets.
>>
M1 carbine.

My father started me on one after the .22 at around 8.
>>
>>30302118
.950 Jdj may annoy libs and fudds more.
>>
>>30301243
an AR-15
>>
>>30301243
Intermediate calibers aren't too bad to learn to shoot on, so an AK or an AR would do just fine, the biggest problem being the cost of the ammo compounded by a beginner's tendency to fire too quickly, since it can take quite a while to get the fundamentals down.

Something like a .308 bolt gun could also do the trick, if you have the money (and more importantly really want a bolt gun). Plinking ammo for that adds up quickly, and there's a small chance you might develop some bad habits from it's recoil. Even better chance that you will laugh at the recoil of any lesser firearm you ever shoot after that.

But 22lr is the starter caliber of choice for a reason. It's cheap as shit so you can spend lots of time trying to get your aiming and trigger squeeze just right, and the nearly non-existent recoil won't distract you as much as something else might.

Basically if it's a common caliber and you can afford one or two hundred rounds of it a month for target practice, it's probably a good deal.
>>
>>30304124
Adding to this, .17 HMR. Even at the height of not being able to find .22 LR or Magnum, there was always .17 on the shelves.
>>
>>30301243
there is no such thing as a beginner rifle. maybe don't start with a boutique caliber like 6.5x47lapua. get something that fits your budget.
>>
>>30301243
>What are good beginner rifles in calibers other than .22?
Any common military style rifle. They're all made to be used and maintained by literally the brownest of the shitstains the military can let slip through basic training.
Or you could start as low as a nice pellet rifle for low noise backyard training or relatively safe hunting. With the 22lr situation, I actually thing it's a better alternative for cheap plinking.
>>
>>30301243

Bonus points if underage or poorfag
>>
>>30301243
12ga
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.